PRESBYTERIAN LADIES' COLLEGE, ARMIDALE
Presbyterian Ladies' College (PLC) Armidale was established in 1887 and moved to its present location in 1960. Classes are taught from Transition to Year 12.
Facilities: Playing fields, tennis courts, modern chapel, gymnasium, creative arts rooms, library, computers, four science laboratories. Boarding houses provide modern study/bedrooms for senior students and comfortable dormitories for girls in Year 5 and above.
Electives: A wide range of subjects to HSC level in the Key Learning Areas is offered. Alternative education pathways, including TAFE and distance education, are also offered.
Religious education is taught to all students.
Sport: PLC offers a wide selection of sports and competes in local competitions and against Sydney independent girls' schools. Emphasis is placed on high participation rates and fair play.
Extracurricular activities: All students are encouraged to take up a variety of co-curricular activities including choir, orchestra, debating, drama, sport, crafts, speech, dance, musical instruments or horse-riding.
Welfare and personal development: Year 10 students are trained to take up positions as peer support leaders in an ongoing program for both day and boarding students. This is part of a well-developed school-wide pastoral care program. Discipline is both fair and discreet, based on respect for the individual and the community. An active parents and friends group is encouraged to contribute to the school. Remedial and resource teachers cater for students with special needs. A gifted and talented program is incorporated into the curriculum.