ARE YOU THE NEXT P-DIDDY? THE NEXT SPIKE JONZ?
HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO PROVE IT.
HERE'S THE DEAL...
1. Bluescreen Video Challenge. Your challenge is to create a new video featuring Sammy Stephens of Montgomery Flea Market. The Montgomery Advertiser has shot a performance of Sammy Stephens against a blue screen and will make it available here Friday, Dec. 8th along with audio. Now it's up to your creative touch. Take a look at the video, listen to the audio and you'll get an idea of what's possible. Some videos may be shown on montgomeryadvertiser.com. The parameters are simple: We are looking for something fun and creative.
2. Remix Sammy's Minimall Rap. We provide the beats, we provide the vocals, you provide the creativity. Remix, re-edit and reimagine Sammy's hit "Minimall Rap". Some remixes may be streamed online at montgomeryadvertiser.com
HOW TO ENTER...
1. Download the 8meg file containing video and audio files.
2. Redit the video, remix the song or both.
3. Upload the video to youtube.com and mail the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Mail the remixed song to email@example.com in mp3 format.
Rules: Submissions will be taken until midnight December 31st. Links to submitted videos and remixes will be posted at Montgomeryadvertiser.com. Starting Jan 8th, entries judged by us to be the most creative, fun or professional will be streamed from montgomeryadvertiser.com. We will invite readers to vote for their favorites until January 31st, 2007.
Prizes: Everyone is a winner! This is just for fun. This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded. There is no trip to Disneyland and you will not get a shiny new car. You may feel free to bask in the knowledge that you made something really snazzy and shared it with others. After all, this is the season for sharing right?
Click here to download the file.
Click here to watch Sammy's Minimall rap video.