Register of War Memorials in NSW

Kahibah Public School Memorial Hall

main war memorial image

In the school grounds of Kahibah Public School, Firth Street.

151 42 45E / 32 57 53S
9232-3S Wallsend 1:25000 GDA94
Kahibah
NSW  2290

Description:

The original Memorial Hall called "Soldiers Memorial Hall" was opened on 21st October 1921, with a special train being run from Newcastle Station.

On 20th January 1938 Kahibah Infants Schools started with 33 children. The school moved to its new building on 20th October 1954. The last playground was held in December 1995 with the hall being demolished in 1996.

The first sod for the new hall was turned on 17th October 2001, with the first function, the year 6 farewell dinner/dance, held on 18th December 2002.

The hall was built with funding from the community and Department of Education, and was officially opened on 4th November 2004 by The Honourable Matthew Morris MLA, local member for the State seat of Charlestown.

The hall houses the Kahibah Community Honour Boards, which see also as a separate entry on this Register.

Inscription:
Official Opening
KAHIBAH PUBLIC SCHOOL
MEMORIAL HALL

Mr Matthew Morris MP
Member for Charlestown
representing
The Hon Andrew Refshauge MP
Deputy Premier
Minister for Education and Training
Minister for Aboriginal Affairs

4 November 2004

Mr Andrew Cappie-Wood
Director-General of Education and Training
Managing Director of TAFE NSW

Pam Richardson
Principal

Ms Robyn McKerihan
Director Hunter/Central Coast Region

This project was jointly funded by the State Government and the School Community.

Established:

Dedication:

Photographed and recorded by:
Mr Robert McLardy

Year Recorded: 2004   Last Updated: 14/06/2007

Additional Images with accompanying information:View

Conflicts Commemorated: World War 1, World War 2

Total number of veterans names recorded on this memorial: 0

Status Codes | Awards and Decorations


Rank Last Name Initials Conflict Status Service Unit Campaign Gender Decorations Serv.No