A white terrier with black patches on her face
  She came to Tech in March 1945, when she was eight months old, from the home of Mrs. Schofield, a kindly boardinghouse owner on North Avenue. Mrs. Schofield took the dog in as a young puppy after she was severely injured from a fall from a car window at the Varsity.
  The dog was named Sideways because she had an on-the-bias walk as the result of an operation.
  She was a popular figure on the campus, attending classes, marching with the drill teams and often leading the football team onto the field.
  She died mysteriously on Aug. 14, 1947, and is buried under a marble monument, with her photo on it, just northwest of the Tech Tower.
Sideways

Georgia Tech Alumni Association, Copyright 2005-2006