Welcome to the Open-Source JDK Community!
This is the place to collaborate on the open-source JDK, an implementation of the Java Platform, Standard Edition specification defined in the Java Community Process.
How to participate
You can participate in this Community in many ways; here are some of the possibilities:
- Check out the latest blogs on Planet JDK
- Join the discussion on one or more of the mailing lists
- Join the live conversation via IRC on irc.oftc.net #openjdk
- Get to know the existing Groups that make up the Community
- Survey the initial set of Projects
- Read the tutorial on how to build and hack on the OpenJDK code with the NetBeans IDE
- Download a full source-code bundle, or use Subversion to checkout the code from the repository
- Contribute a patch to fix a bug, enhance an existing component, or define a new feature