Vice Chief of Staff, Army. The VCSA serves as the principal advisor
and assistant to the CSA and is a full participant in the EOH. Among
the responsibilities of the VCSA are—
(1) Advising and assisting the CSA in the execution of the CSA’s
responsibilities for those missions and functions related to manpower
and personnel; logistics; operations and plans;
requirements and programs; intelligence; command, control, and communications;
(2) Under the authority, direction, and control of the SA, advising
and assisting the CSA on missions and functions related to auditing,
inspector general, legislative affairs, and public
affairs activities and in the planning and coordination of matters
related to acquisition and supportability, comptroller and financial
management, and information management.
(3) Assisting the CSA in the management of Army installations and
(4) Representing the Army at OSD in those areas relating to the
VCSA’s principal responsibilities.
(5) Representing Army capabilities, requirements, policy, plans,
and programs in Joint fora.
(6) Representing Army, designated the Army general officer representative
to the Joint requirements Oversight Council (JROC).
(7) Tasking the ARSTAF and, as authorized by the Secretary of the
Army in paragraph 2a(7), elements of the Army Secretariat to support
the CSA in the performance of the CSA’s assigned duties and
-General Orders 3, Headquarters of the Department of the Army
DOWNLOAD The General Orders 3 in PDF format