Washington-Virginia Railway
Vienna, Virginia

This station is the Church Street, Vienna terminus of the
Washington-Virginia Railway, later extended to Fairfax City and
renamed the Arlington-Fairfax Railway.  To the right and out of the
photo are the tracks of the W&OD Railway and the Freeman Store, now a
Vienna museum.  To the right of the shed and in the background, the
W&OD water tank is visible. This tank was next to the W&OD station in
Vienna and remained in use until 1918.
See a period drawing of this scene
1