Schedule   Staff Directory   Order Tickets   TV/Radio   Make a Gift/WAC
    Directions




Facilities/Directions
Lundholm Gymnasium
Lundholm Gymnasium is home to both the Women's and Men's Basketball teams, the Volleyball team, and the Gymnastics team. In December 2000, the University of New Hampshire athletic department received approval to begin the restoration of Lundholm Gymnasium. The gym, dedicated in name in 1968 to Carl Lundholm, a 1921 graduate of the University and also the athletic department's director from 1939 to 1963, had served as the primary home of the Wildcat basketball programs for several decades. New computer controlled lights were added and the floor was refinished completing the majority of the renovations.
Jerry Azumah Performance Center
The Jerry Azumah Performance Center opened its doors the summer of 2003 to UNH Student-Athletes. A monetary donation by Azumah, a cornerback with the Chicago Bears of the NFL and 1999 recipient of the Walter Payton Award (top football player in Div. 1-AA), allowed the UNH athletic department to overhaul its existing strength and conditioning center.

The renovated Center features 5,000 pounds of Olympic weights, 7,000 pounds of dumbbells, 14 Powerlift platform stations, 12 Hammer strength machines and an additional 15,000 pounds of weights. Other renovations included the offices of the strength and conditioning coordinators.

Bremner Field
Bremner Field is used by both men and women's soccer. It was renovated into an Astroplay facility (approximately 110,000 square feet) with full lighting in the summer of 2002.


Lewis Fields
     Lewis Fields has a grass pitch and is the primary home for the UNH women’s soccer program. It is part of the University’s athletic complex located on campus and is adjacent to Cowell Stadium. Lewis Fields was the site of America East first round tournament games in both 2003 and 2004. UNH won both of those postseason matches to advance to the next round of the tourney.
Memorial Field

Home fields for both lacrosse and field hockey. Also completed in the summer of 2002, the field was renovated into an Astroturf facility and has full light capability.

Towse Rink at the Whittemore Center
Used by the Men and Women's hockey teams, the Whittemore Center opened on November10, 1995 with the Wildcats defeating the then national champion Boston University, 6-5, in overtime. The arena brings the University's athletic facilities to a state-of-the-art level and positions UNH as a leader among the regions colleges and universities.

The 6,501 seat hockey arena known as Towse Rink was designed for easy conversion to a 7,500 seat facility for revenue-producing concerts, exhibitions and other events. The hockey rink became the sixth in the nation to feature and Olympic-sized ice surface (200 feet by 100 feet) - instead of standard 200 by 85.

Swasey Pool
The Henry C. Swasey Pool is the home of the New Hampshire Wildcat swim team. Located in UNH's Field House, the 25-yard pool has six lanes for competitive use with and attached 13-foot deep diving well that includes one and three meter duraflex boards. Completeing the facility is a 650 seat balcony for spectator seating at New Hampshire home meets.

Recent fundraising efforts, combined with generous donations from alumni, parents and friends, made possible the installation of a new muti-lane read out score board and new aqua grip touch pads by Colorado Timing Systems, Inc. Also, a new records board proudly displays team and pool records.

Cowell Stadium
The home of Wildcat football for the past 64 years is Cowell Stadium, located at the west end of the UNH campus. Known as Alumni Field until 1952, the stadium was made possible by contributions of the UNH Alumni and was the first project of the Alumni Fund in the history of the University. Dedicated as aprt of the Lewis Fields on Oct. 10, 1936, the stadium replaced what is now Memorial Field, the current home for the Wildcat women's teams. It is named for the former Wildcats athletic director and football coach, William H. "Butch" Cowell.
UNH Gymnastics Training Facility
The facility, which allows the UNH Gymnasts to train and perform at a higher and safer level, is heralded as one of the top training spots in New England, and possibly the East Coast. Although built approximately 10 years ago, the UNH coaching staff has worked to ensure that the 8,500 square foot gymnasium has been well maintained and updated to preserve its newness, meeting the highest standards. The loose foam pit, into which all events can be finished was renovated to add a trampoline bed at the bottom and more foam blocks, allowing the pit to stay fuller, looser and safer. Foam of the resi pit was also replaced. The addition of a second portable tumble track provides more opportunity for various vaulting and tumbling drills to be performed. The gym is equipped with two spotting belt apparati; one over the tumble track and one over the uneven bars. The training area has played a crucial role for UNH to recruit and train the highest level athletes.

With a state-of-the-art, Division 1 training and competitive facility, the UNH Gymnastics program continues to expand and improve with its commitment and excellence.

Reggie F. Atkins Track Facility
This new state of the art outdoor track facility was dedicated in May of 2002. It is named after Reggie "Racetrack" Atkins, who graduated in the class of 1928 and who was the top-quarter mile runner on Paul Sweet's 1924 track team. His goal was to see the fierce competition that he was accustomed to return to his alma mater; thus he donated funds to help build this new facility. It features a 400-meter, synthetic-surface track, runways for the pole vault, jump pits for the long and the triple jump, a 3,000-meter steeplechase and space for throwing events.

Paul Sweet Oval
The UNH indoor track is located inside the Field House and was named after the first coach of men's track and field /cross country, Paul Sweet who began coaching at UNH in 1924. He continued to coach for the next 46 years. The UNH men's track and field/cross country has continued the tradition that was set forth by Sweet. The emphasis is for each individual to strive for achievement in both academics and athletics. The track was first dedicated 22 years ago in 1966 and has since been renovated in the 1987-1988 season.