|Home Page||Catering||Contact Us||Media|
The 37th (North Hampshire) Regiment of Foot was founded in Ireland in the year 1702. It was initially called Meredith's Regiment and was in 1747 named the 37th Foot. Until the year 1751 it also used the names of it's seven later Colonels and in 1751 became the 37th Regiment of Foot, with the North Hampshire distinction being added in 1782.
The Regiment was merged, in 1881, with the 67th (South Hampshire) Regiment of Foot to become the Hampshire Regiment. 37th Regiment became the 1st Battalion and the 67th became the 2nd Battalion. The Royal was added in 1946 by His Majesty King George VI.
The Regiment was merged with the Queen's Regiment to become the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment in the 1992 Defence overhaul.