Register Login Links Help Info E-mail
2007. September 27  

Advertisement
  Advertise with us

makers
countries
categories
bodies




Toyota launches new model 'Mark X ZiO' in Japan


Nissan announces first details of GT-R


Mitsubishi Motors transfers Outlander production for Europe


The all-new Toyota Land Cruiser V8, king of all roads


World premiere: Daihatsu HSC


World premiere: Daihatsu OFC 1


Suzuki Concept Kizashi, the world premiere


Zoom-Zoom evolution - the all-new Mazda6



more news

[Valid RSS]


Make >Type > Body > Specifications
 Home >  Makers V >  Volkswagen >

Volkswagen (Bosnia and Herzegovina)



assembly plant

facts current line-up previous models

Fact file

Corporation link:  Volkswagen
Company name:  Volkswagen Sarajevo d.o.o
Address: Igmanskog Maria bb, 7132 Vogosca
Tel: +387-33-433-858

Intro: The Sarajevo factory started production on 1 July 1972. Until 1992, some 350,000 vehicles of the Volkswagen brand were produced by the former Volkswagen joint venture TAS (Tvornica Automobila Sarajevo). The first vehicles were Beetles, which were later superseded by Golf and Jetta models and by the Caddy urban delivery vehicle. Production stopped when war broke out in 1992. At that time, the company had around 3500 employees. In August 1998, the newly founded Volkswagen Sarajevo d.o.o. took up vehicle assembly and component production. Since October 2001, the supplier Prevent Sarajevo d.o.o. holds a 42 percent stake in the company, with Volkswagen AG holding the remaining 58 percent. Prevent Sarajevo d.o.o. is a subsidiary of the Slovenian Prevent Holding that produces seat covers for the automotive industry in Bosnia and Herzegovina.









Current line-up
Skoda Octavia
Skoda Octavia Alternative names
Skoda Superb
Skoda Superb
(2005 - )
Skoda Fabia
Skoda Fabia
Audi A3
Audi A3
(2005 - ) Alternative names
Volkswagen Golf
Volkswagen Golf
(2005 - )
Audi A6
Audi A6
(2004 - )
Audi A4
Audi A4
Volkswagen Passat (B6)
Volkswagen Passat (B6)
(2005 - )
Volkswagen Polo
Volkswagen Polo
(2005 - )

Previous models
Volkswagen Golf
Volkswagen Golf
Volkswagen Polo
Volkswagen Polo
(2003 - 2005)

Advertisement