In 1828 the Corporation obtained an Act of Parliament to construct new cattle markets at Temple Meads, and to close the old wool market in the parish of St. Thomas, and to build a new Wool Hall in St. Thomas Street. It was designed by R.S Pope and opened in February 1830 at a cost of £4400. Pope introduced many features that were to reappear at Bush House, and the two bear close similarities. At Bush House, Pope reduced the Wool Hall’s diminutive pediment even further to the shallowest projection at the centre of the S front. It was recently adapted as the offices of a firm of architects.