Bricard
Home   Contact   Site map       French version
Home
LIBERAL BRUANT HOTEL

This hotel was built in 1685 by the architect of the Invalides, Libéral Bruant, for his own use.

It then changed ownership several times before it was taken over by the first Ponts et Chaussées school in 1780 under the initiative of the engineer, Perronet.

Severely damaged throughout the 19th century, the Hotel was purchased from the City of Paris by the Bricard company who wanted to restore it and set up the Musée de la Serrure (Lock museum).

Entrance