Echo Bay Mines Ltd.
(a subsidiary of Kinross Gold Corporation)
Lupin Mine Facts
- owned by Echo
Bay Mines Ltd. (a subsidiary of Kinross Gold Corporation)
- in operation since 1982
- recently, the mine has restarted after being temporarily placed on care
- located 400km north of Yellowknife
Ulu Exploration Facts
- Echo Bay also operates the Ulu advanced exploration project located
about 160km north of the Lupin Gold Mine property.
Nuna Logistics’ Role
Prior to founding Nuna Logistics, John Zigarlick was President and Chief
Executive Officer of Echo Bay Mines Ltd. John was instrumental in the
concept, planning and execution of placing Echo Bay’s Lupin gold mine into
production. More recently, Nuna Logistics has provided reclaimation, site
services and Ulu development support and service.
- Tailings reclamation, including the crushing and transport of esker
materials, and backfill at the tailings site.
- Refurbishment of existing dams and new dam construction.
- Mobilization of the camp shop and support services for the Ulu project.
- Construction of support roads and an airstrip at the Ulu project.
- Transportation of 27,000 tonnes of cement in bulk bags from Hay River,
NT to Lupin, to supply the paste backfill plant.
- Construction and maintenance of the 567km winter road from Yellowknife
to Lupin. The winter road services all mines enroute each winter season.
Nuna Logistics has operated the winter road since 1998.
- Site services for Lupin operations.