GBN Consulting and Training Services
GBN, a member of the Monitor Group, is a leader in helping organizations meet the challenges of increasing uncertainty. We provide consulting and training services that uniquely apply the concepts of scenario thinking to critical business challenges: strategy, decision-making, innovation, visioning and alignment, and organizational and leadership development.
GBN Consulting Services
GBN’s consulting engagements are designed to deepen—and challenge—your understanding of the strategic issues that are most critical to your growth and success. Our approach is highly interactive and collaborative, integrating provocative ideas with proven tools and methodologies. Each project is tailored to meet your needs, budget, and timing.
The following examples illustrate the range of ways we work with our clients to address their objectives:
- Developing deeply researched scenarios for the future of your industry or topic of interest, based on a collaborative exploration of key forces for change—social, technological, economic, environmental, and political—and their implications and strategic options
- Constructing rapid-fire scenario frameworks to make sense of the complex, ambiguous, and often conflicting trends that you are seeing in your business environment in order to enhance priotitization and decision-making
- Facilitating learning and scenaric conversations, with an emphasis on identifying and prioritizing the key uncertainties or “inevitable surprises” that will have a significant impact on the future of your organization and its business
In any engagement, GBN can bring to bear the specialized expertise of other Monitor Group practices in a broad range of areas, including strategy implementation, marketing and consumer research, and M&A advisory services.
GBN Training Services
GBN’s training offerings reflect our commitment to transfer and spread scenario thinking tools and methodologies to future-shaping organizations and individuals. Participants learn directly from senior GBN practitioners in an interactive, experiential format. Programs include:
Developing and Using Scenarios: GBN’s primary training course introduces participants to all the basics of scenario planning, including identifying the focal question, data gathering and interviewing, generating story lines and logics, developing and presenting rich and challenging scenarios, and using scenarios to inform strategic conversations.
- On-site training seminars: Customized courses, taught on location, that use full simulation of the client’s own case through a combination of lecture and small and large group exercises.
- Public training seminars: These are open course for individual registration. Participants use student-selected case studies to practice scenario planning techniques through lectures and small group exercises.
Leaders of the Future: In this unique, week-long session, leaders in their mid-thirties from a variety of industries and countries come together for a week-long intensive learning experience to think collaboratively about the future of organizations and work, as well as their own leadership potential.