Savi Fact Sheet
Savi Technology is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin employs about 135,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2005 sales of $37.2 billion.
800.428.0554 and email@example.com
- Washington D.C.
Key Honors and Awards Since 2000
- 2006 Inbound Logistics Top 100 IT Provider Award
- 2006 ARC Advisory Group No. 1 Ranking- Leading Supplier of Trade Visibility Solutions; Global Trade Management Solutions Outlook: Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2010
- 2006 M2M Magazine Gold Value Chain Award-US Marine Corps-Savi Portable Deployment Kit
- 2006 Laureate and Finalist-Business Related Services for ComputerWorld's Honors Program
- 2006 Product Innovation Award-US and International Defense Sector, RFID Solutions presented by Frost and Sullivan
- 2006 M2M Magazine "Top Ten M2M Influencers" and "2006 M2M Pioneer" presented to Vikram Verma, Savi CEO
- 2005 World Trade Magazine's "Fabulous Fifty Plus One" World Trade Leaders presented to Vikram Verma, Savi CEO
- 2005 Inbound Logistics Top 100 IT Provider Award
- 2004 Red Herring 100 Award
- 2004 National Infocomm Award (NIA) “Most Innovative Infocomm Product and Service”
- 2004 Homeland Security - Private Sectors Market Global Customer Leadership of the Year Award,” presented by Frost and Sullivan
- 2004 Inbound Logistics Top 100 IT Provider Award
- 2004 IFW's Logistics Security Award
- 2003 National Defense Transportation Assoc. Company of the Year Award
- 2003 European Retail Supply Chain Innovation Award
- 2003 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum
- 2002 Frontline Top 25 Supply Chain Solution Provider
- 2002 IT Award of Excellence - European Institute of Transport Management
- 2002 Red Herring "100 Companies Most Likely to Change the World"
- 2002 Inbound Logistics Top 100 Logistics Solutions Provider
- 2002 World Trade Magazine "Most Innovative Use of Technology"
- 2001 Frontline Top 100 Supply Chain Solution Provider
- 2001 "Investor's Choice" Technologic Partners
- 2001 Upside Magazine "Hot 100"
- 2001 Red Herring 100
- 2000 "Investor's Choice" Technologic Partners
Savi is a proud member and participant in the following organizations:
Smart and Secure Tradelanes
- National Defense Transportation Association
- Society of Logistics Engineers
- United States Chamber of Commerce
National Cargo Security Council
Savi is an active participant in the following standards committees:
- EPCglobal Hardware Action Group
- EPCglobal Software Action Group
- ANSI TC-6
- ANSI TC-20
- ISO JTC-1/SC-31
- ISO 18000-7
- ISO TC-122
- ISO TC-8
- ISO TC-104
- ISO SC-4/WG-2
Other "Savi" Facts
- Savi holds 13 fundamental patents on RFID technology, with over 20 more pending
- Savi has implemented real-time supply chain solution in over 50 countries
- Savi is the primary provider of RFID technology to the US Department of Defense and the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defense.
- In 2002, Savi was the system integrator on the first real-world test of the Electronic Product Code (EPC) technology then being developed by the AutoID Center at MIT (Now EPCglobal).
- Savi first introduced "smart container" technology in 1992.
- Savi was acquired by Texas Instruments in 1995, and then sold to Raytheon Corporation in 1997. In May 1999, management and venture and corporate investors led the buyout of Savi from Raytheon and it became a private, independent company. In 2006 Savi was acquired by Lockheed Martin.