ZBC in Focus:
Since its founding in 1924, Zion has dedicated itself to one ideal: enriching the lives of thousands of men and women who have chosen the path of Christian ministry. The inspired teachings of the Scriptures are the foundation on which a Zion education is built.
Gifted, Spirit-filled, and experienced professors exemplify the Word of God and enhance high academic standards. The faculty are mentors who understand the model of Jesus and pour their lives into the students.
At Zion, we know that the unchanging message of Jesus Christ can restore the nations. Our vision is clearly focused on the future, though we honor our rich history, and as such we attract students from all over the world. Zion offers a dynamic atmosphere of interaction, relationships, and campus life. We strive to make sure that all of our students – from Arizona to Zaire – gain a global perspective.
(current as of July, 2006)
- Tuition: $5,850
- Fees: $480
- Room and Board: $4,800
- Total Cost: $11,130
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 51%
- Financial Aid: SEOG, CWS, PELL, Stafford Loan, Institutional Awards
- Forms Required: FAFSA
- Off-Campus Employment Availability: Average
- Single Student Housing: Yes
- Married Student Housing: Yes
- Married Student Housing w/children: Yes
- Application Form including four essay questions; $35 application fee; pastoral recommendation form; educator or employer recommendation form; personal recommendation form; health certificate; SAT/ACT scores; high school transcript / GED; immunization record (two MMR’s, Tetanus, and Hepatitis B)
- Application Deadline: Fall- August 15; Spring- December 15
- Online application available.
Incoming Freshman Information:
- Average ACT Score: 16
- Average SAT Score: 998
- Average high school GPA: 3.0
- Choirs with open membership: 1
- Vocal groups by audition: 2
- Bands by audition: 3
- Music touring groups: 2
Ministry Groups: Zion Choir; Street Witnessing Team; O2 Music Ministry; Prison Team; Drama Team
Clubs: Student Senate; International Student Fellowship; Married Student Fellowship; Missions Fellowship
Other: Class Organization with Officers; Missions Prayer Groups
Assistance is provided through the Dean’s Office, Christian Service Office, and academic advisors. Pastors frequent the chapel looking to recruit seniors. The college sets up interviews for seniors with prospective employers.
Central to the beautiful 40-acre campus is a 19th century mansion which houses the library, offices, and a prayer chapel. Situated in beautiful Barrington, Rhode Island, Zion is only miles away from the most popular and historic sites in New England. The campus is only a few minutes away from the Narragansett Bay, 15 minutes from Providence, and one hour from Boston. Both cities are rich with history, art, and culture, making a great place to visit and study.