McCormick Place Convention Center
McCormick Place Convention Center has the following to offer:
Owned and operated by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA), Chicago's McCormick Place is North America's premier convention facility and attracts 3 million visitors annually. McCormick Place comprises three state-of-the-art buildings, the South and North Buildings and Lakeside Center (formerly the East Building). These buildings have a combined total of 2.2 million square feet of exhibit space, 1.6 million square feet all on one level, making it the nation's largest convention center.
The hub of the convention industry, McCormick Place features:
- 2.2 million sq. ft. of exhibit halls
- 112 meeting rooms
- Assembly seating for 10,000 people
- 4,249 seat theater (Arie Crown)
- 3 theaters seating 345 each
- Ceiling heights up to 50 feet
- Easy access and 8,000 parking spaces
McCormick Place also features the largest ballroom in Chicago, and the Arie Crown Theater. The entire McCormick Place complex is linked by a 50,000 square-foot pedestrian promenade, referred to as the Grand Concourse, containing retail shops and other visitor amenities.
The North Building features over 700,000 square feet of exhibition space. The exhibit area can be used independently or in conjunction with the other halls. The North Building also has 29 meeting rooms, service areas and support facilities.
The Lakeside Center at McCormick Place concentrates on hosting mid-sized trade shows and conventions that in the past could not be accommodated by McCormick Place.
The South building offers an additional 840,000 square feet of exhibition space and 170,000 square feet of meeting space.
The Ramada Lake Shore, a great Chicago Hotel located just five minutes from McCormick Place, offers a free shuttle service to and from the hotel to the Chicago Convention Center on a daily basis. If you're in a hurry, were just a $5.00 cab ride away. Since the Ramada is just south of downtown Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan and in a more quite/reserved part of town, were not always included in the Chicago convention blocks. So, because of that you will find that our convention rates are a little more friendly and may fit with your budget a little more. Were still close enough to get to all the night-life that Chicago has to offer and we’ll even give you a free ride to Michigan Ave on our shuttle for a little shopping or for your culinary delights!
Top Ten Reasons
To Stay At Ramada Chicago
1. Rate as low as 50% less than downtown hotels
2. Free parking, save up to $35.00 a day
3. Five minutes from McCormick Place Convention Center
4. Only 10 minutes from downtown
5. Free complimentary scheduled shuttle to downtown
6. Five minutes from all Chicago museums
7. Navy Pier only ten minutes away
8. Near the University of Chicago
9. Public transportation just two blocks away
10. Close to Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bears