This is an open community website for the wonderful programming language Ruby, created by Yukihiro Matsumoto. Here you may explore the abundance of information on Ruby and participate by creating your own Ruby related wiki pages.
Ruby for the Nuby
- Getting Started
There is a wealth of tutorials, FAQs, and presentations on Ruby-doc.org's [Getting Started] page
New to Ruby? Get started here.
- [Learning Ruby]
A thorough collection of Ruby study notes for those who are new to the language and in search of a solid introduction to Ruby’s concepts and constructs.
Find out why others are so enthusiastic about Ruby.
- [Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby]
Hilarious and wonderfully-written introduction to programming with Ruby ? complete with (useful) cartoons.
- [Ruby.on-page.net] - The simplest Ruby manual with samples
- [Ruby Quick-Reference] - a summary of the language features
When starting to learn a new language it's nice to have a few noddy problems to work on, rather than jumping straight in at the deep end. Here are a few problems that will get you working with some of the ''cool'' language features of ruby.
- [Going from Java to Ruby]. This page links to a summary of Bruce Tate's excellent new book. It might just tempt more Java folks to take the plunge.
- [Ruby Tutorial Wiki Style]
A professional Ruby tutorial created by a Ruby expert. This is the first and only Ruby tutorial to be known as "dummy proof".
Hints, Tips and Documents
Ruby's B'Rite Future
Ruby's Vibrant Community
Not Least of Which
Please help us make the world a better place.