Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > PREVIEWS

Old 10-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
MattBrady

THE BATMAN: "VERTIGO" - 10.06.07

"The Batman" welcomes another member of The Justice League to Gotham with an episode entitled "Vertigo" on Saturday, October 6 at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT as part of the Kids' WB! lineup on The CW Network. In the episode, Green Arrow teams up with Batman when Vertigo, a villain who can affect people's sense of balance, arrives in Gotham with a diabolical plan. Chris Hardwick (MTV¹s "Singled Out") and Greg Ellis ("Beowulf, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World¹s End") provide the voices of Green Arrow and Vertigo, respectively.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
s*p rules

This show just keeps getting better, and I hope we get a "JLA" spin-off next year.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
KoozyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by s*p rules
This show just keeps getting better, and I hope we get a "JLA" spin-off next year.
the better question would be if there is a next season, on which network would it reast with kids wb going bye bye.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
J. Dincauze

chris hardwick from singled out? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
whitemarkd

But... isn't Ollie dead?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Kevin T. Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemarkd
But... isn't Ollie dead?
He got better.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
jedifish

Even though I hate this Batman's voice, and the animation annoys me, I finally watched an episode last weekend, and was happy to see them use Clancy Brown for Lex and the same voice for Lois Lane. Definitely made the episode more palatable.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
AdamYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedifish
Even though I hate this Batman's voice, and the animation annoys me, I finally watched an episode last weekend, and was happy to see them use Clancy Brown for Lex and the same voice for Lois Lane. Definitely made the episode more palatable.

That's mainly because they had a short period of time to get actors to play the characters after they got the go ahead to use the characters. So, they went with actors they knew could play the roles. Dana Delaney and Clancy Brown who started doing the characters of Lois and Lex on Timm and Dini's Superman. And George Newbern, who voiced Superman on the Justice League shows.

I like this show. It's a different sort of animal than BTAS. The way I see it, if BTAS was O'Neil and Adams, The Batman is Broome and Infantino (or various other writers and Infantino). The Batman just focuses on the over-the-top, colorful villians and the action and all that other stuff that made Batman amazingly popular with kids during the '60s only without the "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" satire and camp that we adults would recognize from the Adam West show.

The thing I'm kind of wondering is why the villian character is just called Vertigo. He was called that on his one appearance on BTAS too. Isn't it Count Vertigo? Did his counthood get taken away from him or something?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Spike66613

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamYJ
That's mainly because they had a short period of time to get actors to play the characters after they got the go ahead to use the characters. So, they went with actors they knew could play the roles. Dana Delaney and Clancy Brown who started doing the characters of Lois and Lex on Timm and Dini's Superman. And George Newbern, who voiced Superman on the Justice League shows.

I like this show. It's a different sort of animal than BTAS. The way I see it, if BTAS was O'Neil and Adams, The Batman is Broome and Infantino (or various other writers and Infantino). The Batman just focuses on the over-the-top, colorful villians and the action and all that other stuff that made Batman amazingly popular with kids during the '60s only without the "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" satire and camp that we adults would recognize from the Adam West show.

The thing I'm kind of wondering is why the villian character is just called Vertigo. He was called that on his one appearance on BTAS too. Isn't it Count Vertigo? Did his counthood get taken away from him or something?

NO COUNTHOOD FOR YOU!....Yeah yeah, I'm stupid, i know.

Seriously though, I really do enjoy this show, even if it's not quite as good as BTAS. Really though, there aren't many superhero cartoons that are.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
jedifish

Quote:

Well, Vertigo is probably simpler and easier to understand as a code name than Count Vertigo. His name is Count Werner Vertgio. I hear Count Vertigo, and I think of vampires.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
AdamYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedifish
Well, Vertigo is probably simpler and easier to understand as a code name than Count Vertigo. His name is Count Werner Vertgio. I hear Count Vertigo, and I think of vampires.

Well, when I think of the name "Vertigo" I think of the Savage Land Mutate from the X-Men comics. What do they usually call him in the comic? Honestly, I just think of him as being called "Count Vertigo" because that's what I remember him being called on his old trading card from the Cosmic Cards set. Those were what got me into DC superheroes and they've left an indelible mark on my mind.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:10 AM   #12
Peasily

They need to end this show and come up with a second new version of Batman since BTAS and the DCAU so that I can tell fans of The Batman to get over it and accept this new incarnation.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #13
AdamYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasily
They need to end this show and come up with a second new version of Batman since BTAS and the DCAU so that I can tell fans of The Batman to get over it and accept this new incarnation.

And we will. I mean, it's not like we didn't watch BTAS too. Those of us who like The Batman just managed to let ourselves like something else too.

Edit: Anyway, it seems they didn't shorten his name. They called him Count Vertigo throughout the whole episode.

Last edited by AdamYJ : 10-06-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #14
Peasily

Quote:
And we will. I mean, it's not like we didn't watch BTAS too. Those of us who like The Batman just managed to let ourselves like something else too.

Edit: Anyway, it seems they didn't shorten his name. They called him Count Vertigo throughout the whole episode.

I was teasing, obviously, from the emoticon. Try not to be so humorless. Your "we" is actually "you," as I've seen more on message boards who like The Batman only, and better, and constantly admonish those who thought the DCAU had more juice left in it, and also didn't appreciate the bat-embargo imposed upon it by The Batman 's existence. Also, The Batman is a source of contention for Teen Titans fans, as, clearly, the Teen Titans' design for Robin was nicked by The Batman, which most likely caused that show's early demise.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
AdamYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasily
I was teasing, obviously, from the emoticon. Try not to be so humorless. Your "we" is actually "you," as I've seen more on message boards who like The Batman only, and better, and constantly admonish those who thought the DCAU had more juice left in it, and also didn't appreciate the bat-embargo imposed upon it by The Batman 's existence. Also, The Batman is a source of contention for Teen Titans fans, as, clearly, the Teen Titans' design for Robin was nicked by The Batman, which most likely caused that show's early demise.

Actually, I wasn't taking it all that seriously.