The first official band was formed.Julius L. Brown dies, leaving two-thirds of his estate to the school.

Valued at $187,473, this gift forms Tech's first major endowment.
The Technique, the weekly student newspaper, begins publication on Nov. 17.

The Cake Race is inaugurated, but it is not limited to freshmen.

The first class memorial, a marble drinking fountain given by the class of 1903, is erected.
Most of campus fits within a rectangle formed by North Avenue, Orme (now Techwood Drive), Cherry Street and Third Street.

John D. Rockefeller offers to match two-for-one the money raised by Tech for a student activities building. Completed at a cost of $75,000, the YMCA on North Avenue houses a bowling alley, poolroom, barber shop, auditorium and dorm rooms.

The Cooperative Education Department is established with 12 students working alternate weeks for the Central of Georgia Railroad. The work and study periods were gradually lengthened over the years, but the alternate-schedule system was not adopted until 1931.

The Dramatic Club is formed. The first play: "Brown of Harvard."

The Evening School of Commerce begins holding classes. When the school is transferred to the University of Georgia in 1932, Tech replaces it with what will later become the School of Management. The commerce school will later split from UGA and become Georgia State University.
John W. Grant gives $15,000 to build permanent stands at Tech's football field, which is named Hugh Inman Grant Field in honor of the donor's son.

The School of Commerce is formally established.

George C. Griffin enters Tech as a subfreshman.
The tradition of wearing RAT caps is established by ANAK.
Georgia Tech beats Cumberland College 222-0 in a football game that endures as the most lopsided victory and the most points scored in collegiate football history, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The game, on October 7, had no first downs - Cumberland did not make any, and Tech scored every time it had the ball.
The entire freshman class is in uniform for World War I.

The department of military science and tactics is established, which plays an important role in wartime training.

Tech's Golden Tornado football squad goes 9-0 and claims the national championship, shutting out its opponents seven times.

The Evening School of Commerce admits its first female student, although the legislature does not officially authorize attendance by women until 1920.

Leonard Wood returns to Tech as commencement speaker.
The Student Army Training Corps program is started on campus to aid the war effort.

Tech joins the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).

The Greater Georgia Tech campaign is launched to raise $500,000 to complete the power plant and construct a research building.

Senior units of the Coast Artillery and Signal Corps of the Reserve Officer Training Corps are established.
Tech holds its first Homecoming.

Annie Wise becomes the first woman to graduate from Tech's Evening School of Commerce.

John Heisman and his wife divorce, prompting the coach to leave Atlanta to prevent any social embarrassment to his former wife, who chooses to remain in the city. During 16 years at Tech, Heisman's Yellow Jackets football teams posted a record of 102-29-7 while his baseball squads compiled a 161-97 record. Heisman coaches at the University of Pennsylvania for several years, then joins the Downtown Athletic Club in New York as director of athletics. The club's famed Heisman Trophy, named in his honor, recognizes the most outstanding college player each year. Heisman dies in 1936 at age 66.

William A. Alexander named head football coach.

After years of increasingly violent rivalry, Tech suspends athletic competitions with the University of Georgia.

The Engineering Experiment Station, predecessor of the Georgia Tech Research Institute, is authorized by the General Assembly, but not founded until 1934.