Port Alberta - Cargo at a Single Point
Port Alberta is staged to become the new gateway for cargo transportation combining air, rail, and road transportation infrastructure at a single point – Edmonton International Airport.
Edmonton International Airport is the ideal location for such an enterprise. Located at the heart of one of the most vibrant economies in the world, Edmonton International is Canada’s fastest growing (by passenger) and largest (by area) major airport in Canada. Edmonton International has access to enough developable land and is strategically located at the crossroads of major air, surface, rail and shipping transportation routes including the Port of Prince Rupert and the Port of Vancouver.
Port Alberta, with all of its potential, doesn’t exist – yet. But the building has begun.
- 13,000 sq. metres of dedicated new cargo apron in 2007
- 3,000 acres under development plan for 2008
- Port Alberta at EIA >> [PDF 245.5 KB]
- Strategic Location [PDF 261.1 KB]
- Market Potential >> [PDF 467.6 KB]
- Port Alberta Video - Quicktime (Small) >> [MPG 27.7 MB]
- Port Alberta Video (Sept 7) >> [WMV 32.3 MB]
- Port Alberta Master Site Plan >> [PDF 750.7 KB]
Glen D. Vanstone
Director, Cargo and Business Innovation