John I. Parcel - Leif J. Sverdrup Civil Engineering Management Award
To encourage effective leadership and management skills in the civil engineering profession, this award was endowed by the associates of John I. Parcel and Leif J. Sverdrup, Honorary Members, ASCE. The award was officially instituted by action of the Board of Direction in September 1976.
- The award is made annually to a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers who has made a definite contribution in the field of civil engineering management, evidencing high character and professional integrity and regional or national professional reputation. This contribution may have been made either in the form of written presentations or notable performance.
- Not more than one presentation of the award is made each year unless the achievement upon which the award is based is considered to be the contribution of more than one person. In such cases, duplicate or multiple awards are tendered only if the balance then available in the award fund is adequate for the purpose. No one shall receive the award or a portion thereof more than once.
- The award committee shall be the Committee on Leadership and Management. Its recommendation, accompanied by an appropriate citation, shall be reported to the Committee on Professional Practice (CPP) annually and shall be forwarded to the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction for final
- Any ASCE member, including the award committee, may submit nominations, in writing, for this award.
- The award shall consist of (1) a specially designed plaque, (2) a certificate suitably inscribed with the name of the recipient and the circumstances of the award, and (3) an honorarium that will be established annually by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction on the basis of a review of the annual income from the award fund.
- Members of CPP and the Committee on Leadership and Management shall not be eligible for this award.
To nominate, submit the following:
Electronic submissions are encouraged to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1. Paper submissions are also accepted, in which case one copy of the complete nomination package should be received by the Honors and Awards Program at the ASCE headquarters: 1801 Alexander Bell Drive, Reston, VA 20191-4400.
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF PAST AWARD RECIPIENTS