Released 2007-09-21 — tested with Java 1.5.0, Jetty 5
Finally, after much effort by a tremendous group of people, I think we managed to make an excellent release of GeoNetwork opensource version 2.1.0. I'm still not sure why we ever thought this was only a 0.1 upgrade from the last version 2.0, as it is a very substantial new release!
Upcoming and alpha/beta/candidate releases
- Alpha releases should only be used for testing and development.
- Beta releases and Release Candidates are normally released for production testing, but should not be used on mission-critical sites.
- Always install on a separate test server first, and make sure you have proper backups before installing.
GeoNetwork opensource is a web based Geographic Metadata Catalog System developed by FAO-UN, WFP-UN and UNEP.
The system allows organizations to publish and share spatial data and related products. International standards are used to ensure maximum interoperability between different software applications used to create and access spatial data.
- online editing of metadata with a powerful template system.
- up- and downloading of data, documents, PDF's and any other content type.
- Scheduled harvesting/ synchronizing of metadata between distributed catalogues, providing instant search results and attribution of data.
- On the fly searching of distributed catalogues supporting the Z39.50 protocol.
- Group and user management.
- An integrated, interactive Web Map Viewer (InterMap opensource) to combine Web Map Services from distribued servers.
Technical details: Java, XML/XSL, JDBC compliant, Multi-lingual, servlet based application, More...
[ ] Unit tests
[X] End-user documentation
[ ] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[X] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[ ] Code structure follows best practice
This project has received golden star of approval.