God | Family | Republic | General | Media | Blog | What Others Say | Campaign | John's Blog
JOHN LOFTON / BRIEF BIOGRAPHY
November 02, 2003
For more than 35 years John Lofton, a "recovering Republican," has reported on national politics and cultural/religious issues as a journalist, nationally-syndicated columnist, TV-radio commentator/analyst and political advisor.
• Editor-In-Chief "Vermont Sunday News" newspaper, Burlington, Vermont; News Editor, Coral Gables (Fla.) "Times-Guide" newspaper; 1966-70.
• Editor, "Monday," the weekly, national publication of the Republican National Committee, 1970-73.
• Nationally-syndicated columnist for "United Features" Syndicate in more than 100 papers nationwide, 1973-80.
• Editor, "Battleline," monthly newsletter of The American Conservative Union, 1977-80.
• Editor, "Conservative Digest" magazine, 1980-82.
• Columnist, "The Washington Times" newspaper, 1982-89.
• Editor/Publisher, "The Lofton Letter," a bi-monthly publication about religion, politics and culture.
• Program-host/commentator, "America's Voice," a national cable TV network in all 50 states, 1998-99.
• A commentator on the "Mutual Radio Network;"
• An advisor to the Presidential campaign of Pat Buchanan;
• A direct-mail writer for Sen. Jesse Helms;
• Author of a monthly column on the Federal bureaucracy for Howard Phillips' "Conservative Caucus."
• Has written articles for the NRA magazine "America's First Freedom"; Gun Owners Of America.
• Communications Director for Constitution Party Presidential candidate Michael Anthony Peroutka in 2004.
John Lofton has given numerous speeches before various groups, Liberal and Conservative, including Liberty University and Bob Jones University. He has appeared on every major TV/radio talk show (including the Comedy Channel's "Daily Show"/"Politically Incorrect") to debate every imaginable kind of anti-Christian goofball --- and some who are unimaginable but who do, alas, exist. And he never went to college which is why he is so smart. He can be reached at: 313 Montgomery St. Laurel, Maryland 20707. Phone: (301) 490-7266 ; cell phone: 301-873-4612; email: JLof@aol.com
Back to General