It was created by artist Rose-Marie Goulet and is called Nef pour Quatorze Reines, which translates as Nave for 14 Queens.
The families of the victims attended the inauguration at Place du 6 Décembre, near the university.
On December 6, 1989, Marc Lépine gunned down 14 engineering students on their last day of classes.
- Relatives of fallen soldiers visit Kandahar base
- Eight Canadians will mark Remembrance Day by visiting the Kandahar military base as they grieve for their sons and in one case, a husband, who died in Afghanistan last year.
- Bush, Merkel discuss fresh sanctions on Iran
- Germany would support fresh UN sanctions against Iran if it continues to ignore demands to halt its nuclear program, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told U.S. President George W. Bush on Saturday.
- Bridge collapses in rural Ontario; 5 hurt
- Five people were injured, one of them seriously, when a bridge that was under construction collapsed near Lucknow, Ont., on Saturday, Ontario Provincial Police said.
- Police prevent Bhutto from visiting deposed chief justice
- Pakistan's attorney general announced Saturday that his government would likely end its week-old state of emergency within one month.
- New ombudsman vows to 'go to the wall' for veterans
- Canada's first ever ombudsman for veterans is vowing to go to the wall for those who have served in the military as he prepares to begin the job of addressing their concerns.