November 14th, 2007 -- We have activated the ability to embed a poll within one's profile page. Only one
poll is allowed per profile. Please visit the poll section to activate this feature.
October 12th, 2007 -- The site is looking for 25 volunteers to help test a new feature
in development. We are looking for long time users of the site that are both active readers and
writers. Interested parties must have an site account for at least 1 year and is knowledgeable to the
world of beta-reading. If you qualify and are willing, please email email@example.com with "Tester Account"
as the subject line.
Stepember 28th, 2007 -- Polls/Surveys Feature: Thanks to all the beta testers we are able to round out all
the remaining issues with the new polling feature. Since announcement we have added a "blind" polling ability where voters
cannot access live poll result until polling has been closed.
With this new tool, communities within the site can hold contests or just poll general opinions with ease.
There are now no more excuses for members having polls/surveys within stories which is not allowed by our guideline.
Misc: We have improved the accuracy of .html file submissions and fixed a forum bug which caused some topic/thread time-stamps
to be off by 24 hours.
September 26th, 2007 -- New Feature: Polls/Surveys. Forum admins and moderators can now embed customized polls within forum topics.
To create a poll, please login and visit the new "poll" section. There you will find an overview with tools to add, view and manage
August 30th, 2007 -- General updates:
- Performance: Page loading in general is now faster for everyone and especially for forum threads with tons of avatars.
- Layout: Better support for small monitors with resolution of 800x600.
- Forum: There is now automatic protection against accidental double-posting.
- Forum: Will now display 100 threads per page and the magical 5001 post issue has been fixed.
August 5th, 2007 -- Bug fixes:
- Fixed problem where a fairly recent story would sometimes display an invalid "story/chapter not found" message.
- Fixed problem which caused Author Alerts, new story alerts from subscribed authors, to malfunction.
- Fixed problem which caused incorrect forum and community listing results when a category exist for multiple parent category, i.e. Teen Titans.
- Forum Topic/Thread alert emails now come with unsubscribe links.
July 14th, 2007 -- Major Forum Upgrade:
- Forum admins can now create topic "categories" unique to each forum. With this new addition posters and moderators will able to group
related topics/conversations into separate sections. This is a tool for larger forums to organize, reduce clutter, and improve the ability
for members to find the relevant conversations.
- Once a forum post has been edited by a moderator, further editing of the post is only allowed by moderators.
July 12th, 2007 -- Email Alerts. Please note our alert emails are delivered from the address of "firstname.lastname@example.org". Note it's .com and not .net. To ensure that all our alert emails
arrive safely to your inbox, please add "email@example.com" to your email host's white/safe/green list. If you are a Juno/NetZero user, we advice you to update your account's email setting
to a yahoo or gmail address or contact Juno/NetZero's support.
July 12th, 2007 -- Forums
- In response to forum topic being used as chat rooms, there is now a 5,000 reply ceiling for each topic. Forums moderators should create new topics to facilitate new conversations instead of allowing
existing chatty topics to spiral out of control. Note there is no limit on the number of topics per forum.
- Members can now highlight, bold, italize, and underline texts within forum posts.
- Forum/Thread alerts no longer contain cryptic html-like forum codes.
July 9th, 2007 --
- Forum admins can now set a language setting for each forum. This change will allow non-english members to easily
locate places of discussion in their native languages. All forums are default to english.
- Community/C2 admins can now set a language setting for each community. All communities are default to english.
- Members can now jump to the last chapter of any multi-chaptered story by using the new double arrow » link.
- Much of the site links/urls have been tweaked to be more descriptive and/or shortened. If you link to the site from your homepage or blog,
make sure to update the links.
June 27th, 2007 --
- Profile icon/image feature will no longer distort images that are not square.
- When selecting a category for story submission/editing, there is now a "My Categories" option to speed up the process.
- A reminder that our AdBlocker feature, in the upper-right "Extras" menu, allows any user to disable the display of advertising on the site.
June 26th, 2007 --
- Several genres have been added to help writers categorize and to make readers' lives easier in locating stories of interest: Western, Crime, Family, Hurt/Comfort, and Friendship.
- Document Manager: docs now have a default life time of 60 days and is reset each time a doc has been edited.
- Fixed a problem where some forums had their post count skyrocket to 65K for no apparent reason.
June 20th, 2007 -- The development team took a short detour yesterday. Instead of creating something productive, we are introducing an "useless" feature: Profile
Icons/Images. Every member can upload an profile image, resized to a max of 100x100 pixels, which will be displayed in your profile and alongside forum posts.
Of course, what's "useless" to some is quite liberating to others. Just because the site itself is imageless doesn't mean our members' profiles have to be.
Forum admins have the option to disable profile icons. Several non-useless, productive, features are on the horizon.
June 18th, 2007 -- Feeds, cleaner feeds, and more feeds. Feeds are also known RSS/ATOM/XML syndication to keep people up-to-date on frequently updated sites/blogs. We have cleaned up our existing feeds, profile + community + just in feeds, and have added one additional one:
category feeds. With the category feed, you can always find out what new stories are added or updated in your favorite section. Never be out of touch and miss out on new
submission ever again.
Feeds are noted by the orange icon
. Note that all our feeds are "dynamic". For example, when browsing the category by language, genre, and/or character, the options
you check also create dynamic/customizable feeds with the same options.
June 17th, 2007 -- Have a great Father's Day! Summary of improvements:
- Document Manager: a doc is no longer removed after conversion to a story/chapter. Documents will stay/live in the system
for 30 days after which stale docs will be removed.
- Privacy: site will no longer publically display the email field within anonymous reviews. Review alerts will contain the email info, if provided by the reviewer.
Authors will have in a day or 2 the option to see the hidden email info from anonymous reviewers.
June 16th, 2007 -- Part 2 Summary:
- After much feedback, our experiment with profanity filtering for K/K+ rated entries has been discontinued. There is just
too much variation in how words can be used in the context of a story that renders any filter, even if good intentioned, quite useless.
- We have fined-tuned the profanity filter, when enabled for forums, pms, and reviews, to not be overly-aggressive.
- Login and visit the "Filters" section to enable/disable the profanity filter.