Melbourne Grammar School
* 1800 students Prep to Year 12
* 120 boarders Year 7 to 12
* Year 7 to 8 boarders live in an extended family environment with the Head of House
* Year 9 to 12 boarders live in single or double bed/study rooms grouped around shared kitchenette/lounge facilities
* Recreation areas for table tennis, pool, TV and access to the School's sports centre
* All boarders are supported by experienced Heads of House, tutors and nursing staff.
Creswick, for Years 7 and 8 boarders, allows students a unique introduction to boarding house life within a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Restricted to about 14 students, boarders live in an extended family environment with the Head of House providing an ideal environment for boys from primary school. Perry and School houses, for Year 9 to 12 students, constitute the larger part of the boarding complex. For senior boys boarding provides a gradual understanding and experience of independence in preparation for the transition to tertiary and adult life.
A variety of resources including printers, reference books, intranet and internet access are provided to enable boarders to study and work effectively. Having access to the school facilities and tutors available to assist with homework are some of the real advantages of boarding. Our generous staff-student ratios and relatively small boarding numbers allow for a high level of personal care, time and attention to each and every student. Heads of House and tutors maintain regular contact with all boarding parents regarding their son's academic, social and sporting progress.
Kathy Howell, Director of Admissions
(03) 9865 7555
(03) 9865 7577
355 St Kilda Road
Melbourne Victoria 3004
Year Levels Offered
Co-ed: Prep - 6, Boys: 7 - 12
7 - 12
Other Schools - Victoria