The 23-year-old figure skater was driving his 2003 Mercedes when he was stopped by a police officer at 12:40 a.m.
The four-time world champion was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, traveling too fast and making an improper land change without signaling.
He was released on $250 bail and is scheduled to appear in Hartford Superior Court on Sept. 10.
A police officer pulled over Yagudin when he saw the figure skating driving faster than the 65 km/h speed limit. Yagudin's exact speed was undetermined.
Sgt. Ronald Welch did not say how police determined how Yagudin was intoxicated, only that his blood-alcohol content level was well above the 0.08 legal limit.
Yagudin was reportedly co-operative and released two hours after arrest.
In the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City, Yagudin became the first male figure skater in Olympics history to earn more than one perfect mark, receiving four 6.0 scores to win the gold medal.
- Oilers run dry against Flames
- The Edmonton Oilers mustered just 16 shots Saturday night at Rexall Place as they dropped a 3-1 decision to the Calgary Flames in the latest skirmish in hockey's Battle of Alberta.
- Leafs power play topples sluggish Senators
- The Toronto Maple Leafs earned their first win against the Ottawa Senators this season, with a 3-0 win at the Air Canada Centre on Saturday night.
- Brodeur nets 500th win against Flyers
- Martin Brodeur made 26 saves in the Devils' 6-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday night and joined Patrick Roy as the only goalies in NHL history with 500 victories.
- Balanced Canadiens light up Bruins
- Seven different Canadiens scored goals — in all three phases of the game — as Montreal overwhelmed the visiting Boston Bruins 7-4 in a wide-open affair Saturday night.
- Nestor, Knowles go out on top
- Canada's Daniel Nestor and partner Mark Knowles of the Bahamas concluded their decade-plus tennis partnership on a high note Sunday, winning the year-end title at the Masters Cup in Shanghai.
- NBARaptors Basketball
- Sun, Nov. 25 at 12 pm ET: Chicago at Toronto