ZinClear™ is an exceptionally transparent form of zinc oxide. The cosmetic acceptability of ZinClear™ breaks the barriers that restricted market penetration of conventional and micronised zinc oxide into sunscreens. ZinClear™ opens up markets in daily wear cosmetics and a host of skin care products, offering a safe effective alternative to chemical UV absorbers.
ZinClear™-S range was developed in response to formulators requests for siliconate coated particles. The ZinClear™-S range of dispersions have high particle loating, low viscosity and the same high standards of transparency.
- Transparent on skin - decreased whitening
- Narrow particle size distribution
- Free of hard agglomeration
- Enhances UVB and UVA blocking
These features are a result of the solid phase MCP™ manfacturing technology.
- Lower transparency and increased skin whitening
- Wide particle distribution
- Some hard agglomeration
- Poor dispersion reduces UV blocking
These features are a result of liquid or gas phase manufacturing processes.
- Cosmetic clarity
- Broad spectrum UV blocking
- Easily dispersed
The MCP™ process produces nanoparticles with a narrow size distribution.
Number distribution determined by Photon Correlation Spectroscopy demonstrating:
- discrete particle
- narrow particle size distribution
ZinClear™ and ZinClear™-S are available pre-dispersed in a range of emollients.