This page presents the results of your database search. Please read the following information before proceeding down to the data :
- the information published on this page is updated daily.
- we indicate for each pilot his/her nationality at the time of the record flight. Do not therefore be surprised to see mentions of countries which no longer exist as such.
- similarly, the manufacturer name for each glider corresponds to the name of the company which built it. This may not correspond with the current name of a company which may at a later date have been involved in mergers. We have tried to minimize errors and welcome any correction of this type of information.
- all current records are available for consultation online. However, only some of the past records have been added to the database at this stage.
- Persons intending to attempt world records are advised that figures shown for record performances should not be relied upon as being the latest information. They should contact their National Airsport Control Organisation or the FAI Office (by email or by fax at +41 21 345 1077) for the latest authoritative information before making any record attempt.
= click on this icon, when available, to get more information about a record (pictures, etc.)
= current record
= past record (now superseded or discontinued)
Speed over a triangular course of 1 500 km : 119.11 km/h
Date of flight: 13/12/2003
Pilot: Steve FOSSETT (USA)
Crew: Terrence Raymond DELORE (New Zealand)
Course/place: San Carlos de Bariloche (Argentina)
Schleicher ASH 25 Mi