Real Times Inc. is the nation’s largest African American owned and operated newspaper organization in the country. It is the parent company of Real Times Media and five of the nation's most respected African American newspapers – Michigan Chronicle, Michigan Front Page, New Pittsburgh Courier, Tri-State Defender and Chicago Defender. Collectively, its newspapers produce the largest amount of original African American content in the nation.
As an organization, Real Times Inc. is dedicated to sustaining its presence as the leading source of African American related news, entertainment and lifestyle information and marketing services.
Launched in February 2006, Real Times Media is the integrated marketing arm of Real Times Inc.
Real Times Media jumped onto the scene immediately with two dynamic programs - a Detroit based television series, Pancakes & Politics and the Million Pound Challenge, a call to action for Chicago, named the 2006 “Fattest City of the Year,” to lose the weight.
Garnering community and corporate support, Real Times Media has:
- Leveraged the [newspaper] brands into other revenue generating opportunities and strengthened the traditional ad sales methodology
- Created alliances in markets where we do not have newspapers in order to create a national “extended” network of Real Times affiliates
- Offered clients expanded opportunities beyond display advertising to include events, brand development, advertising, public relations, web development, community relations, etc.
In addition to supporting the newspapers that are known for providing influential reporting and steadfastly representing the voice of the community, Real Times Media's other multi-media platforms includes:
- The Digital Studios that hold the archived newspapers, photographs and other artifacts representing over 100 years of African American history.
- Web sites that were redesigned in July 2006 to become a comprehensive platform that delivers the news and breaking news, captures key data, promotes our calendar of programming, offers polling and enables our consumer base to purchase merchandise.
- Special events and site specific programs that are designed to reach grass roots to national audiences.
- Radio and television programming which is an integral part of our strategy that allows us to cross-promote.
For a list of upcoming programming for the 2007 calendar year, please click below:
>> 2007 REAL TIMES MEDIA PLANNING CALENDAR (PDF File, size: 616KB)