Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:01:45 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Report Abuse
Hello,

I guess I'm throwing my balls out there to get bitten on, but here we go. I guess my good reputation has been recently ruined a bit, from a certain experience that started in April.

I know a lot of you remember this, I wanted to fire a writer of mine, but instead talked to him like everyone suggested, in return of this talk, I found out that his life was fallin apart with debt and other concerns...

Being a decent person I let him borrow some of my Personal Money, and on top of that I told him i would generate business for him. This business was offering a WSO here at the Warrior Forum.

This WSO was for an ebook, cost $150.00, and a quick turnaround. I had a lot of buyers, around 20 of them. That is a lot of money, and the writer told me he could handle it all. So since he was working for me, and generally was good at what he did, I trusted him Mistake Number One .

I then had to handle my own personal business and life, and trusted him to get the projects done and on time, I had to do a lot of traveling as well. As I'm trying to get negotiations for investors settled.

I started to get emails about delays in the book, so I talked to the writer, who constantly told me he had them, and sent me bits and pieces, and it all looked good. So, I told the buyers, no worries, it will be done in X amount of days, all information my writer told me..Mistake Number Two

In the end, after all the problems, I had to FIRE my writer for he didn't provide the ebooks. We got into a very large argument, and I fired him and he left my office, and that is when I reliazed I wasn't going to get the money that he borrowed as well as the WSO buyers money back.

So, now I am out $3,000 of my own money, and $3,000 in WSO money.

For the past few weeks I have been trying to better the situation, i gave everyone a chance to come into my mentoring program, JV brokering, etc.. A few buyers that had their issues resolved did not have a problem.

I have refunded around $1800 of my own personal money to WSO buyers.

I know there are a few out there that haven't recieved their books or a refund. As I'm working on it all.

What I'm upset about is I made a bad decision, and it ruined my reputation on this forum, and now its moving to other forums, as it looks as if buyers are following me to haunt me down. Which I udnerstand completely. But if i was a scammer, i wouldn't be throwing myself at the mercy of the Warrior Forum.

I personally took on the remaining ebooks, I'm writing them myself, no help from anyone else. The problem is, my own business keeps me busy so I have been trying to allocate time for both situations.

I have all the ebooks almost complete and some are completed, and I'm formating and making them look nice, and adding more information in. I figured the least I can do is overdeliver on the situation that has come about.

Sorry for this whole rant, but it is just I love the Warriors and love being on this forum, but this situation has placed a dent in part of my business and social aspects of internet marketing, because a selceted few think I'm a scammer. Which I am not...

There are plenty of warriors on here that have talked to me, and I provided free consulting and free help. I have set up online conferences and really helped some people out.

I guess this whole thread is just about, I'm doing the best I can with what I have, I will make everything perfect. Time is just an issue...

I have been traveling all morning, so I do need a nap.

I hope everyone understands...

I hope i can restore my reputation once again.

Steve

My Story: From $200 to Millions | Business Resource Site | My Blog

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:08:02 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Report Abuse
Sorry...

Just wanted to add one more thing...

I know everything that happened was my responsiblity, i trusted someone and it ended up bad. I take full responsibility for the actions that surcame.

P.S~ I am suing my writer

Go to Top of Page

Martin Luxton
Advanced Warrior

Turkey
534 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:08:35 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Martin Luxton's HomepageSend Martin Luxton a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve

If you need any bonus articles writing on the ebook topics to make your clients sweet again I can do a few to help out.

Martin

Coming Soon: Santa Soccer Skills
Putting my Xmas site here to start getting some Google Lurv http://www.familymerrychristmas.com
http://www.twostrangeworlds.com Internet Marketing and Turkey
Very few shopping days to Christmas!! http://www.martinrockscrikey.com/music-16.html
Go to Top of Page

KarlWarren
Senior Warrior Member

United Kingdom
3824 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:10:53 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit KarlWarren's HomepageSend KarlWarren a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,
I've watched various posts regarding this in the forum and I feel you're doing
the right thing - you're putting yourself out there and not running away...

From what i've seen, with refunds etc, you're living up to your promises (even
though on some occasions it's become apparent that some have been late) and
I don't think you could do any more to rectify the situation.

Keep your head up, look forward to the time when all this is done and then you
can take a little break to recharge.

Everyone deserves a second chance, especially those who are honest about their
situation.

Good luck,
Karl.

Witness a virgin sacrifice... WSO

It's Baaa-aaaack: Free Wordpress Autoresponder Plugin
Fight Your Flab... Fast: Weight Loss Tips
Go to Top of Page

Candace Gill
Advanced Warrior

USA
836 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:12:09 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Candace Gill's Homepage Send Candace Gill a Yahoo! MessageSend Candace Gill a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

If you need any help let me know.

I hope you get it all worked out. We all make mistakes, you are brave to face them head on. For that I fully respect you.

Candace

Your Site is Wimpy, It Needs STEROID Marketing!

Go to Top of Page

Johnny Slater
Advanced Warrior

USA
1477 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:15:08 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Johnny Slater's HomepageSend Johnny Slater a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

I remember very well you posting about the situation with your writer and asking the forum what you should do. I remember quite a few, myself included, said to give him one more chance to prove himself.

That being said anyone who knew of your situation and bought your WSO should be understanding of your even worse situation now. In all honesty, those trying to ruin your reputation will only end up hurting their own in the long run.

It may not look like it now but if you hang in there you will get past this and come out the other side stronger than before you went in. I'm quite sure you have developed a thicker skin where employees verses your business is concerned.

Hang tight, do the best you can to fix the situation, and don't give up. I know what it feels like to be in this type of situation so if there is anything I can do just let me know.

WSO-Simple Member pro - The next evolution in membership scripts has arrived!

Simple Member Pro is the only membership script with a full featured giveaway manager built in right out of the box!
Go to Top of Page

NathanFalkner
Senior Warrior Member

2032 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:16:19 Show Profile Visit NathanFalkner's HomepageSend NathanFalkner a Private Message Report Abuse
quote:
Originally posted by steveceleste

Sorry for this whole rant, but it is just I love the Warriors and love being on this forum, but this situation has placed a dent in part of my business and social aspects of internet marketing, because a selceted few think I'm a scammer. Which I am not...

Steve...

Let the past go, man! I don't even know about half the stuff
you're dredging up... and no doubt other people are reading this
and wondering what the heck is up.

So a handful of people think you're a scammer? Big deal! If the
vast majority hold you in high regard, why obsesses over the small
minority of people who think you're crap, etc?

Try and focus your energies on positive things, and just go about
your business and let the past be the past.

Good luck,
Nathan
Go to Top of Page

Iain Ainsworth
Advanced Warrior

United Kingdom
1477 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:19:44 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Iain Ainsworth's HomepageSend Iain Ainsworth a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

You could easily have run away from this problem but you didn't.

The great thing about problems? There's always a solution.

The way you're trying to rectify things is an indication of your character - if I was one of the $150 WSO customers I wouldn't be at all concerned as you are bound to over-deliver as compensation.

Don't beat yourself up too much. It'll all be good in the long term.

Iain

'When You're In The Room, Be In The Room'
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Slater
Advanced Warrior

USA
1477 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:22:53 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Johnny Slater's HomepageSend Johnny Slater a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

I just want to address one issue. You keep saying you assume full responsibility for things going wrong. In truth, you are only partly responsible. You came to us and asked for our advice.

We told you to give the guy another chance and you followed what we said, that makes everyone who posted in the original thread partly responsible. Don't put all of this on yourself.

Simple Member Pro is the only membership script with a full featured giveaway manager built in right out of the box!
Go to Top of Page

Tyler Durden
HyperActive Warrior

78 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:26:27 Show Profile Buy Me A DrinkSend Tyler Durden a Private Message Report Abuse
Yes,

It would have been much easier to run away.

Anyway, I'm not even aware of the situation but for this you've won my respect.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

timmykins
HyperActive Warrior

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:31:54 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit timmykins's HomepageSend timmykins a Private Message Report Abuse
Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you describe. I have seen your posts on here and respect your work, so like Candace, if I can be of help, (writing or techy stuff), let me know, I'll be glad to help out.

All the best

Tim

"If at first you don't succeed, try try again"
Robert the Bruce
Internet Marketing Tool Reviews
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3860 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:35:39 Show Profile Buy Me A DrinkSend n/a a Private Message Report Abuse
Maybe there's a potential product in writing a report about this experience.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Myers
Senior Warrior Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:39:51 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Paul Myers's HomepageSend Paul Myers a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

When this is done and you've completed what you agreed to, despite tough situations and a loss to yourself, you'll have become one of the best bets there are.

Bankers have a term for it: A character loan.

As far as the people running around talking stuff, there's nothing you can do but what you're doing. When it's done, ask them to mention that anywhere they mentioned the problem. The ones who do are worth doing business with in the future. And if the work is right and they understand that the problem was a one-time, short-term thing that wasn't really under your control and is unlikely to be repeated, they'll be back to do business with you again.

A lot of us have been in positions like this at one point or another. It sucks, it's painful, and it goes away if you handle it right. You're handling it right. Don't worry about your reputation. It's improving *because* of this.

Paul

TalkBiz News - All the cool kids read it...
Go to Top of Page

Candace Gill
Advanced Warrior

USA
836 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:40:39 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Candace Gill's Homepage Send Candace Gill a Yahoo! MessageSend Candace Gill a Private Message Report Abuse
Chris LOL.. always thinking on your toes.

Your Site is Wimpy, It Needs STEROID Marketing!

Go to Top of Page

MikeRogers
Advanced Warrior

USA
824 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:41:47 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit MikeRogers's HomepageSend MikeRogers a Private Message Report Abuse
Hi Steve,

My Dad only has a 6th grade education (Not so important in the 1930's when he was growing up) and, when I was going through divorce with my first wife, he gave me some advice that I believed to be very profound... Anyway, a heck of a lot better than I got from anyone else and may be relevant to your situation. Dad said:

"Son, walking through life is like a man walking through a cow pasture. Occasionally you are going to step in a pile of it. When you do, the best thing to do is scrape it off your shoe and keep on walking; because the further you go, the less it stinks..."

Sage advice, I think.

Wishing you well in the future,

Mike

***Coming soon to an IP near you... Beer Budget Marketing.Com - Yeah, I'm Cheap!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Wagenheim
Senior Warrior Member

USA
5325 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:46:03 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Steven Wagenheim's Homepage Send Steven Wagenheim an AOL messageSend Steven Wagenheim a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve, you can't even begin to imagine how much respect I have for you at this very moment.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Niche Research Rev III - 1 Hour Work/$100 Income
My Secret Articles - The Only Traning Course You'll Ever Need
Honest Income Program - 10 Book Package ONLY $47

FREE Help For New People - Report PLUS 52 Week Newsletter Tips
Easy Step By Step Process To Writing And Marketing Articles
Go to Top of Page

Courtney Ramirez
Advanced Warrior

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:51:06 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Courtney Ramirez's Homepage Send Courtney Ramirez an AOL messageSend Courtney Ramirez a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

I really admire your courage. You're right...if you were a scammer you would have "run away" long ago. If you still need help finishing up any of the books, please let me know. I'd be happy to donate my time.

Courtney

Web Writing Info Blog|Brand New PLR Offers at PLR-Direct
The Content Chef: Start an Online Business that Really Cooks...WSO Now LIVE
Go to Top of Page

jv1025
Advanced Warrior

USA
755 Posts
My Warrior Offers

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:54:27 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit jv1025's HomepageSend jv1025 a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

I actually saw that WSO you are talking about. I seriously considered buying it, but I didn't have the extra funds at the time. I was really moved by the gesture of the WSO. I think everyone in here has been down on their luck at one time or another, some even in dire financial straits.

I thought to myself at the time, now here's the true spirit of the Warrior Forum. Someone willing to help out someone else who is down on their luck and hard up for cash. I really admire him for that. I still admire you for what you did. All I ask, don't let this experience make you bitter or harden your heart. Sure, it's easy to do when someone burns us like this. However, I'd rather get burned 100 times trying to do something nice for someone then watch someone suffer and not do anything about it.

For those who say you are a scammer, they can shove it. Everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes. What makes us great is what we do to rectify those mistakes. Chin up!

Jason

Article Marketing 2.0 is Here. Get it now, or get left behind.
http://www.videoarticlesecrets.com
Go to Top of Page

Jason Anderson
HyperActive Warrior

USA
479 Posts
My Warrior Offers

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  16:02:42 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Jason Anderson's Homepage Send Jason Anderson a Yahoo! MessageSend Jason Anderson a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

PM me if you need help with a book or two. With all of the help that is being offered here, you should be able to complete all of your orders soon.

I'd be more than happy to contribute to or help finish an ebook or two. Of course with no strings attached.

The offer is out there.

Jason Anderson

Graphic Designers Needed. Can you create custom landing pages and mini-sites? Please help. Click here.
Ghostwriters Needed. Can you write follow-up email messages for my clients? Click Here
eBusiness Automation. 30 Day Trial. Click Here
Go to Top of Page

Hrvoje Livnjak
Advanced Warrior

Croatia
809 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:01:26 Show Profile Visit Hrvoje Livnjak's HomepageSend Hrvoje Livnjak a Private Message Report Abuse
Hope you also received my PM buddy.

Hrvoje

Professional graphics, 3D covers and mini sites at:eCoversLab.com

What 650+ graphics plus source codes, PLR and $37 have to do with you? Check it out here
Go to Top of Page

LexyConnors
HyperActive Warrior

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:14:35 Show ProfileSend LexyConnors a Private Message Report Abuse
Hi,

You sound like a person of great character trying to do the right thing no matter what. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with you.

Maybe you can tell everyone here what other forums you are being put down at and some of us could post in your favor to kind of even the score.

It's only right that the good guys stick together.

Hang in there,

"This too shall pass."

Lexy
Go to Top of Page

samcarson
HyperActive Warrior

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  18:39:38 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit samcarson's HomepageSend samcarson a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve

I can help you with any chronic pain related content if you need it for any of your ebooks.

Sam

http://painsweb.com
Go to Top of Page

bkay
Senior Warrior Member

USA
7943 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  18:53:59 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit bkay's HomepageSend bkay a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve - you'll be fine.

I remember how impressed I was when you came and posted about the personal problems your writer was having.

We did advise you to ask what was wrong...we didn't tell you to give him money! Just hang in there - and sue him! You gave him a chance to resolve his problems permanently - and he blew it!

kay

Go to Top of Page

copywriter
HyperActive Warrior

Australia
129 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  18:58:21 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit copywriter's HomepageSend copywriter a Private Message Report Abuse
G'Day Steve

First, Contact me at cabloor@gmail.com and I'll give you a CD set to offer to those people as a bonus gift.

It is a 2 set studio-recorded interview with Mal Emery, Australia's mailorder millionaire. I grill him on the specific techniques he has used to be so successful.

You can give these 20 people the reprint rights (I sell these for $997) (get a list of their details to me and I'll arrange for their names to be passed on to my supply house) They will have to order direct from my suppliers and pay them the postage and cost of the CD's (about $20)

NOTE: It is Reprint Rights NOT Master Reprint Rights.

Second, You need to get things in writing. Get people to sign on the dotted line that if they don't deliver by X date they will pay you your money back in ful.

Finally, how can you sue a guy with no money? Have you ever sued anyone before? (I have) and even when you win, unless it is for a large amount, it really isn't worth the time and energy.

Regards

Chris Bloor

www.SalesleadSecrets.com
Go to Top of Page

Karen Newton
HyperActive Warrior

Canada
273 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  19:04:36 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Karen Newton's HomepageSend Karen Newton a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve, tomorrow I'm moving to Canada - but once I get settled (week or so), let me know if I can help out.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1007 Posts
My Warrior Offers

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  19:31:39 Show Profile Buy Me A DrinkSend n/a a Private Message Report Abuse
I'm still trying to catch up from my WSO that i had a month ago. I mean, after I posted it, things spiraled out of control a week later. My mother's health was compromised. I took off to help her, and then my health started suffering as i too suffer from chronic illness. I'm back on my feet and still trying to catch up to deliver the promises I made to my buyers. I know how it feels, totally!

After this week, I really should be caught up for good and for sure. If you let me know what the ebook is about, I can try to help you write it up and make up for what your writer did not do. I'll do that for free! Drop me a line and let me know if that is what you want. My heart goes out to you, man. I know what it is to struggle and be a victim of circumstances, especially when it isn't your fault.
Go to Top of Page

Ernie Lonardo
Advanced Warrior

Australia
1089 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  19:47:35 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Ernie Lonardo's HomepageSend Ernie Lonardo a Private Message Report Abuse
Good luck with it all...sounds like a terrible situation to be in. It wasn't sure fault, some people cannot be trusted and you only realise that when it's too late.

Giant Giveaway (Dec 11th-21st) - Become a contributor Giant Giveaway

Trippy Traffic - The Trippiest Opt In page ever
Go to Top of Page

remmington
HyperActive Warrior

223 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:01:14 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit remmington's HomepageSend remmington a Private Message Report Abuse
Perhaps off topic but...the best time to fire an employee is the first time you think of it.
You have a kind heart but your employees are not your responsibility.

Good for you for taking the high road and not disappearing.
Go to Top of Page

Warrior Approved

WSO: FREE WSO => How to Create Stunning PDF's For Free
Go to Top of Page

sclark
Advanced Warrior

642 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:04:31 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit sclark's Homepage Send sclark a Yahoo! MessageSend sclark a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve

One Word describes You and it will get you far even though things stink right now..

I was devastated 19 months ago and was scammed...it cost me over $20,000 and alot of pain for my family as I fell apart and it devastated my confidence...It sucks when people do this to you...

Back to the one word....

INTEGRITY

You have it...and NO ONE can take that away...You will get through this and down the road you will look back at it as a very valuable learning time and maybe even a crossroad..

Sam

Master Web 2.0 For Free

Go to Top of Page

denised
HyperActive Warrior

45 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:10:22 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit denised's HomepageSend denised a Private Message Report Abuse
I wasn't here when all this happened to you, but I respect what you're doing. You could have just not come back here.

Kudos to you!
Go to Top of Page

blackhatcat
HyperActive Warrior

438 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:18:18 Show Profile Report Abuse
Two lessons here that seems to be getting overlooked: One, don't sell something you don't have, or that doesn't already exist. Doing so may even be illegal, depending on how the offer is framed. Two, don't pay upfront for something that doesn't already exist, unless you don't really need the money.

A third lesson is when someone's life is falling apart because of debt and other irresponsible behavior, it usually isn't because the person in question is reliable, responsible and trustworthy. Everyone should keep this in mind when considering someone for employment. Keep your emotions out of it and use your head. Cold? Perhaps. But your responsibility is to YOU first.
Go to Top of Page

drmani
Senior Warrior Member

India
3761 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:21:35 Show Profile Visit drmani's HomepageSend drmani a Private Message Report Abuse
Quick thoughts:

#1 - Why hang around too many forums? Pick a few (or better still, ONE - this one) - and spend most of your time networking there.

#2 - I agree with Paul, your rep is improving *because* of this. Keep going - and finish what you started. Give the disappointed clients something extra to make them say "WOW"

#3 - Make a note of each forum where you are being bad-mouthed, with specific URLs.

#4 - When you're done delivering on your promise, check to see if your clients are happy. Then make them a small request - ask if they'll post a quick note to the forums you've listed in #3 about how it all ended.

#5 - Lessons learned from such an experience can't be bought - at any price. See the 'good' side of it, as potentially saving you far greater expense and embarrassment in the future.

#6 - Under-promise... OVER deliver. It's a formula for success.

As an aside, one of the points Mark Joyner made during his presentation at WIS recently was about how quick the human networks of communication have become at spreading news by word of mouth, around the world. The globe really is shrinking in that sense, and controls are getting more 'decentralized'.

It makes building your own core group of loyal, ecstatic, vociferous supporters all that more important.

Good luck, and if I can help out in any way, you know what to do, Steve

All success
Dr.Mani

P.S. - I'm out $297 on a special offer I took up from a fellow Warrior's email to his list. Apart from a couple of desultory replies when I brought it up twice, nothing has happened. To my mind, those kind of people are the scammers - not the ones who make a genuine mistake and then work on fixing it!

Go to Top of Page

How To Spot
Advanced Warrior

USA
865 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:22:15 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit How To Spot's HomepageSend How To Spot a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve, as you can see from all these posts, you are getting the awesome warrior support that this forum is known for. There are wonderful people on here that believe YOU more than the allegations of a few others. You say you take responsibility for all of this...for what 'trusting?' Trust is not a character flaw. No matter how 'alert' we think we are in some situations, we aren't always going to catch ourselves before someone screws us. This is about HIM not you. Don't take more of the responsibility than what is yours.

www.HowToSpotADangerousMan.com BE AN AFFILIATE
www.DateBetterWomenNow.com BE AN AFFILIATE
Report-How I went from $0-$4k a mo in 6 months:
www.HowToSpotADangerousMan.c...ZZLETOFAT.pdf
Print book/ebook writer will write for you
Go to Top of Page

Niteprowler
Advanced Warrior

1006 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:36:50 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Niteprowler's HomepageSend Niteprowler a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

All you can do is the right thing... and you have. You have shown character and integrity and a few whiners complaining can NEVER take that away from you. Don't sweat it. Keep you chin up and head held high. And... remember that out of adversity comes opportunity.

"The simple secret of the universe is that you create your own reality" - Edgar D. Mithcell

All that we are is the result of what we have thought - Buddha

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Lucy Weber
Advanced Warrior

USA
1054 Posts
My Warrior Offers

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:42:44 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Lucy Weber's HomepageSend Lucy Weber a Private Message Report Abuse
You've got major respect over here, Steve. You're a big person for posting like this, and not running away from the problems. Good for you! And I agree with others here. You've IMPROVED your reputation here!

What you did for your now-former writer is touching and heart-warming, and even though you got burned, I hope it won't discourage you from trying to help people out in the future. Just be a little safer about it next time. Instead of putting your own reputation on the line, just loan someone the $20 to post a WSO themselves and let that be that. Or maybe donate a product that you already have? There are plenty of ways to help folks out without taking such a dire personal risk. :)

Thank you for reminding us all how important it is to take responsibility for our own actions, even when we feel like a situation is not entirely our fault. Most people would have run away, but you did the right thing, and you should be so proud!

$9 WSO - MASSIVE traffic... NO competition?? WOW!

Artificial Genesis Design - Professional eCovers, minisites, and more.
PLR Explosion - PLR article packages with no membership required!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2322 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:45:48 Show ProfileSend n/a a Private Message Report Abuse
hey Steve,

your intent was evidenced in your posts--both the "asking for advice post" and the wso post.

hey, you did what you thought best to quickly help someone by leveraging his own skills to what looked to be a win-win situation for everyone. i still believe this was a very charitable gesture, and much appreciated too.

i'm one of these sticklers for having paperwork in place prior to doing business. in fact we now have electronic signing in place for contracts before a vendor can sign on to our extranet. if they don't sign the contracts, they can't work for us. i'm quite proud of that part of our contractor process. saves emails, orientation, phone support and such.

all of my tough talk aside, i can imagine myself in the same position too. i will help out others if i can.

as kay mentioned, it's not a good idea to pay prior to product delivery.

however, all my tough talk aside, i've made exceptions in my personal business when times got tough for a vendor. i've been screwed only a handful of times. last time was '98.

you've done the right thing Steve, by your customers.

you've done your best. now you'll get through it and you'll move on.

best wishes,
renee

nevermind
Go to Top of Page

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:57:54 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Report Abuse
Hey,

Just woke up from a long long nap....

I really don't have words to express my feelings towards the Warrior Forum right now, I appreciate your support so much. I will be contacting a few warriors that said they could help. Hopefully we can get this stuff all done and gone.

I will be helping out each Warrior that helps me out as well, by providing them with advertising in my newsletter.

I was thinking of adding this inot a product of mine, the whole situation, but instead I decided it was going to be on my next newsletter, so everyone here will definitely be mentioned for the great respect I received and the great respect I have for you all.

It was troublesome, because I tried to explain the situation to the buyers, but I don't think they saw what was actually happening.

As for the forum that I got bad mouthed on, it was Digital Point Forums, I tried to offer something in there Buy and Sell area, and I got a -1 itrader.. from someone that must of purchased one of the WSOs... He said, "Well know Warrior from the Warrior Forum, scammer, doesn't answer emails"...

I tried to get in contact with him, but nothing... O well i guess.

In any case, even though I had a long nap, i need to answer some emails and start getting to some of you great people, I really appreciate all your help, and it will definitely be paid forward, as well as paid back some how.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

chanvh
Advanced Warrior

Singapore
698 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  21:08:59 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit chanvh's HomepageSend chanvh a Private Message Report Abuse
Hi Steve,

I know that forum and what should I say,
it's like a big wet market so you will
find all sorts of people there.

In anycase, you kept your integrity by
coming here and posting this - so I
really respect that and you earned
it. So, definitely your reputation
is improving.

Not decreasing in anyway ;)

If you do need some help in
writing small portions of your
WSO I'd be glad to be of help
and you could make the judgement
at the end of the day.

really no cost to you because
I felt that I just wanted to
give something out.

Let me know,ok ?

Cheers,

Vern ;)

Vern is a Professional Affiliate Marketer.
Do You Hate Marketing?
"Keep Your Marketing Simple"
**Vern's Online Marketing Blog**
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Slater
Advanced Warrior

USA
1477 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  21:14:17 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Johnny Slater's HomepageSend Johnny Slater a Private Message Report Abuse
Steve,

First, don't worry about Digital Point. Everyone there has an inbred hate for Warriors and nothing we say or do will change that.

Second, I don't have the writing talent of those who have already offered to help so I can't offer that. The only thing I can offer you is a free copy of my Simple Member script if you haven't already bought it ( I haven't went back through the logs to see if you have previously purchased or not.) This will give you both the Simple Member script I am currently selling and the Simple Member Pro script which I hope to release in the next few weeks.

These two scripts may not help you with your current situation but I'm sure you will quickly find a way to leverage their use. ;)

If you are interested then PM me and I'll get you set up with an account access.

Go to Top of Page

Amir Darwish
Advanced Warrior

668 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  21:35:26 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Amir Darwish's HomepageSend Amir Darwish a Private Message Report Abuse
Hi Steve,

Don't be so hard on yourself. These things happen to all of us, and they certainly were out of your control.

You put your neck on the line to help out someone in need...and what goes around comes around, whether good or bad. So don't feel bad.

Take it as a learning experience.

As for the 'unhappy customers', I find that good communication is crucial. Explain to them what happened and your intentions to make it up to them etc...

Most decent people would be more than happy to understand.

I know a whole bunch of us bought a WSO by Mike Sin back in December/Jan for over a couple of hundred bucks. He left on a mission, and we've yet to hear back. His wife came here and explained what was happening. We've all been patient and understanding and hoping he'll come back soon.

Best of luck to you,
Amir

aka noorodeen
Are Your Conversions Xtreme Yet?

Google Cash Detective for $67?

Go to Top of Page

Melvin Ng
Advanced Warrior

751 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  21:55:48 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Melvin Ng's HomepageSend Melvin Ng a Private Message Report Abuse
quote:
Originally posted by drmani

P.S. - I'm out $297 on a special offer I took up from a fellow Warrior's email to his list. Apart from a couple of desultory replies when I brought it up twice, nothing has happened. To my mind, those kind of people are the scammers - not the ones who make a genuine mistake and then work on fixing it!

I couldn't agree more on this. People makes mistakes all the time, after all, we're all human.

It takes a person of courage and integrity to stand up to them and rectify the situation.

Only scammers and cowards will run away or pretend as though nothing has ever happeend.

Steve, you've been excellent in handling this situation. Keep it up!

Let me know how I can be of help.

Ask Melvin Ng

FREE Report - 5 Powerful Traffic Generation Techniques On How To Drive Massive Traffic To Your Website No Matter What Niche You Are Focusing On!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
Next Page
 New Topic Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly