Kirsten Aeronautical Laboratory
In 1934 Professor F. K. Kirsten promoted the idea of a wind
tunnel for aeronautical
research tests. He arranged funding for construction from
Washington State, the Public Works Administration, and the
Boeing Company. The building was designed by Bebb and Gould
and was constructed in 1936 for $124,501. The laboratory was
called the Wind Tunnel until March 6, 1948.