Chaos Dwarfs... obsolete?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lakmoots
Rat Catcher

9 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2006 :  06:13:46  Show Profile
I was quite surprised to see all the detail on the Chaos Dwarfs in the OW:Best. For one, I was under the impression that this detail was not "cannon"... that dreaded word!

The only mentions of Hashut or Bull Centaurs appears in the LAST edition, and it seems GW has been very, very specific in what details of Chaos Dwarfs slips through.

For one, the decisision was taken to edit Centaurs out of the WH world altogether, replacing them with Centigors, so why the Bull Centaurs are in the OW:best, I do not know. The idea that Black Orcs were made by the Chaos Dwarfs was always abit naff, and I cannot remember this being stated anywhere in the new edition books.

The NEW information about Chaos Dwarfs also seems to have been passed by. Like, you know... that they are now known because they ALL wear iron masks - ala Joe Dever's Lone Wolf books, to which they owe a great debt.

From what we know now in the new information, the Chaos Dwarfs are the chaos-worshipping Armorers of the Hordes of Chaos, and while they may enslave orcs and hobgoblins they are by no means the symbiotic army they once were... hobgoblins will most likely be developed through Warhammer East whenever that mythical place is arrived at.

Wow... this must seem long-winded, but I am fearful that the OW:Best seems to be working off info that may be about to be re-written.

However, it is always very-very easy to make judgements without knowing ANY of the facts... you guys had some interesting calls to make about Fimir and Zoats, effectively confirming things that GW have never said, but always meant.

So... tell us... did you guys confirm the Chaos Dwarf info for changes with GW? Is this stuff safe? It seems to already have changed, so I wanted to confirm...

Edited by - Lakmoots on 23/01/2006 06:17:32

Dave Allen
Administrator

United Kingdom
3241 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2006 :  11:53:00  Show Profile
Hi Lakmoots and welcome to our boards.

You seem to be taking an awful lot of rumours as confirmed facts here. I have certainly yet to hear anyone from GW say things like "centigors replace centaurs" or "Chaos Dwarfs no longer worship Hashut" or even "Zoats and Fimir definately don't exist in the Warhammer World". Sometimes these things are put on an interminable hiatus due to them getting in the way of bigger projects, but that does not mean GW have dropped them.

I think the Hellcannon crew wear masks to offer some sort of protection from the workings of the machine, it's not something Chaos Dwarfs all do.

Personally I think the Chaos Dwarfs subjecting their slaves to a breeding programme in which a stronger and more aggressive strain is produced is very fitting. It had happened some time ago, so by now most Black Orcs in the wild have no connection with their old masters.

I think it boils down to the old caveat - we think this is good information but if you don't like it for the pruposes of running the sort of game you want to run then ignore it.

Ennie Award Nominated Web Developer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Black Industries Forum © 2006 Black Industries - BL Publishing, a division of Games Workshop Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000