[REL] Azumanga Daioh 26/26 (Complete)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KickAssAnime Forum Index -> KickAssAnime Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toranz
Chii?

Total Words: 364

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coverback wrote:
potter wrote:
Isn't that picture from one of the earlier episodes?
The one where they gather at Tenma's place and talk about confessions and stuff. I remember the peacock method of seducing Wink

Exactly. 3rd ep. From KAA *sigh*.
I've noticed it in this shot, which says ‘ojousama’, in the beginning of the 3rd ep, but cropped from the actual scene.

I'd never thought people would have hard time guessing who is it on my avatar after they have seen the show. ^^

>>I'd never thought people would have hard time guessing who is it on my avatar after they have seen the show. ^^

Thanks that makes me feel so good right now Crying or Very sad
potter
Martian Cat

Total Words: 37,488

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toranz wrote:
coverback wrote:
I'd never thought people would have hard time guessing who is it on my avatar after they have seen the show. ^^

Time to rewatch then Wink

On a related note to Azumanga:
I want Yotsuba to! anime Mad

CCCP FAQ and KAA FAQ - Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
Amayirot Akago
UFO DISCOVERY!

Total Words: 3,585

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potter wrote:
Toranz wrote:
coverback wrote:

Time to rewatch then Wink

On a related note to Azumanga:
I want Yotsuba to! anime Mad
Same here. The manga is even funnier than Azumanga IMHO, but from what I've heard the chances of Yotsubato being made into anime are pretty slim Sad
SlashMagn
Chii?

Total Words: 127

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great anime, Thanks ^_^
haderach
Chii?

Total Words: 205

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i'm watching this anime at the moment and something just astounished me. Most of the time, when i watch an anime encoded from a DVD the subtitles are always white, there are no karaoke for the openings and endings, no notes etc...
But in azumanga daioh it's just amazing, the subtitles have a nice orange font (match perfectly with the show), tons of notes and many other great things. How come this one is like this (so great)? Would it be possible to know where you got the dvds (i want to buy them)? Also are there other anime dvds as well made as this one?

Thanks
mulrich
Flame Haze

Total Words: 33,627

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haderach wrote:
Hello, i'm watching this anime at the moment and something just astounished me. Most of the time, when i watch an anime encoded from a DVD the subtitles are always white, there are no karaoke for the openings and endings, no notes etc...
But in azumanga daioh it's just amazing, the subtitles have a nice orange font (match perfectly with the show), tons of notes and many other great things. How come this one is like this (so great)? Would it be possible to know where you got the dvds (i want to buy them)? Also are there other anime dvds as well made as this one?

Thanks

It is something called typesetting. It's made after ripping the subtitles from the DVD, so it's not on the DVD. DVDs use bitmaps, that means actual images, for subtitles, while this release uses text subs which you can be more creative with - more than four colours, different fonts, effects, and so on. It's not so difficult to do using something like Aegisub.
polar
ハードゲイ

Total Words: 2,125

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haderach wrote:

Thanks

that's all a result of the love (and time) that the typesetters/encoders/editors put into making the dvd rips. if you buy the dvds the subs will be ugly and white, and there will be no notes or signs (matching the japanese writing on the screen) or anything. this show is a favorite of ours (and especially me and dj_spy, who did the typesetting) so we took the time to add all this stuff and make it look good. we're glad you enjoy it.

ag

zing. ^_^;;
pokute
Hideki!

Total Words: 2,284

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On average, fansubs kick butt over the "professional" product. Those of us who fansub dorama would particularly like to get our hands around the necks of the "professional" translators, editors, and QC folks, and put them permanently out of our misery.

I guess it's like sex... You just don't get the love from a "pro".
haderach
Chii?

Total Words: 205

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad they aren't the same on the DVDs. But i was wandering, why don't they (anime companies) make nice subtitles like the fansubs do? aren't they aware that anime fans prefer subtitles that have style over those ugly white subs?
Same thing with the notes, without them it's very hard to understand the jokes that are related to Japanese culture.
mulrich
Flame Haze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current technology does not allow them to. They're limited to four colours, custom placement and - with hacks, I suppose - different fonts (and a few more colours). A standard DVD player cannot read the advanced textsubs these releases use.
Anstalt
Chii?

Total Words: 434

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the Java implementation on Blu-Ray discs allow for styled subs?
mulrich
Flame Haze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anstalt wrote:
Doesn't the Java implementation on Blu-Ray discs allow for styled subs?

I don't know. But then again, we're talking DVDs, not next-gen media like Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.
DeatH&Rebirth
Hellywood

Total Words: 14,442

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More that a technology issue it's more a cost/profit issue. Companies just follow that same M.O. of producing at lowest cost to maximize profit over the product. That's why we see the same, plain white or yellow font more that see some company willing to invest in a way to put styled fonts on their dvds release.
SOSAnimeBoy
Velaciela

Total Words: 30,639

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG Anstalt... your Ebichu sig... GAHAHAHA one of the funniest scenes in the anime...

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anstalt
Chii?

Total Words: 434

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOSAnimeBoy wrote:
ZOMG Anstalt... your Ebichu sig... GAHAHAHA one of the funniest scenes in the anime...
Sure is. It's one of those scenes where you find yourself pausing the video so you won't miss anything while you're laughing out loud.

Man, I gotta see it again. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KickAssAnime Forum Index -> KickAssAnime Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: