3 Bad Mistakes of Mine, that killed Sept. Biz
 New Topic Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:09:12 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Hello,

Wow...It's been a long time since my last post. So, I'm here to give you the best advice I can possibly give. The month of September was one of those month's for me, that just doesn't get any better. Not only did I have business related problems, but I had a lot of personal problems. So, what did I do wrong...

1) Lack of Communication: In our industry, email is the strongest form of communication. If you aren't emailing your customers, past customers, potential customers, etc. about what is happening, trust is lost and business will be lost too.

I recently sat and called a lot of old and new customers to gain their trust back.

2) Business vs. Personal: I'm not a business veteren like many people, I mean I have had my success, but this success has been over a short period of time. I'm still young, 26 years old, thus, I'm still a wimp, lol. Personal problems with my girlfriend and family, etc. get to me. It is a problem. Personal and the Business world have to be separate entities in your life. You have to treat them separately.

I recently found out that a good friend for 18 years, Mother, passed away, this was approx. two weeks ago, and she was like a step mother to me, so hm and I were devestated and it got to me.

You need to be stronger.

3) Focusing on the project: You need to pick one of the many and focus, this has always been a problem of mine, I love listening to people's ideas and helping them, and then eithier getting involved, but I realyl shouldn't, I need to stick to my thing.

In any case, the month of September, is almost a blur, of bad decisions and choices, and I'm sorry if my actions affected you in any way.

So, to close my advice here, keep focus, keep your communication with your potential customers, and finally keep your personal and business life separate from eachother.

Thanks,

Steve

My Story: From $200 to Millions | Business Resource Site | My Blog

Lucy Weber
Advanced Warrior

USA
1055 Posts
My Warrior Offers

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:26:26 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit Lucy Weber's HomepageSend Lucy Weber a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Steve, I know exactly how you feel about personal problems. The past two months have been an utter nightmare to me for so many reasons I couldn't possibly go in to here. But the main thing is that you get back on track, keep working hard, and don't let it get you down. And it sounds like you're right on track for that!

$9 WSO - MASSIVE traffic... NO competition?? WOW!

Artificial Genesis Design - Professional eCovers, minisites, and more.
PLR Explosion - PLR article packages with no membership required!
Go to Top of Page

nextebizguy
Warrior Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:33:19 Show Profile Visit nextebizguy's HomepageSend nextebizguy a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
So whatever happened to memberships2go? Is that project still going?
Go to Top of Page

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:38:09 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Yes, it's still a go. Just fixing some things and it will be updated within today and into tommorrow.

Go to Top of Page

TrevorIS
HyperActive Warrior

Canada
271 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:53:30 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit TrevorIS's Homepage Send TrevorIS an AOL messageSend TrevorIS a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Steve,

love your blog man reminds me of myself just a few steps back. Honestly this was possibly the best read ive had in a long time. Is there any final chapters coming?

-Treovr

A 100% FREE Super Affiliate Marketing Guide CLICK HERE

Go to Top of Page

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  13:03:08 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Yea, as soon as I get my stuff settled, I will write more chapters...thanks for the great comments

Go to Top of Page

pitbulls3
HyperActive Warrior

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  13:03:31 Show Profile Visit pitbulls3's HomepageSend pitbulls3 a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Hey Steve,

I PMd you before I even saw this, and I too was asking about the membership site biz.

I guess I was more "in tune" than I realized.

Bottom line: you have a track record of success that you can duplicate. Not everyone can make that claim. You can help a lot of people. You can do this.

Pat off the dust and get back up. Good work is always far better than inactivity and regret. If you don't finish what you started, you won't be happy with that.

Create a new success. That's the way to go.

Best Regards,

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

steveceleste
Advanced Warrior

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  13:56:20 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit steveceleste's HomepageSend steveceleste a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Thanks Alicia,

I got your PM, and I will be replying shortly thanks for all your support, much appreciated

Go to Top of Page

TiffanyDow
Advanced Warrior

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  14:22:17 Show Profile Visit TiffanyDow's HomepageSend TiffanyDow a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Steve, I recently had to send out an "overwhelmed" email to my own list because I was...wel, overwhelmed! I hadn't planned for the amount of success I woudl had coupled with previous ghostwriting responsibilities from a WSO I had run.

Needless to say, it sucks to have to beg for forgiveness, even when you're jsut saying, "Sorry I haven't been the best I could be," but it's what needs to be done if you ever find yourself in that situation.

My list (of both buyers and clients) was so supportive and I quickly regained my footing since the burden of guilt and panic was lifted.
Good luck with October!
tiff :)

5 Sold and 5 Left $1,040 WSO Worth Every Penny! http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/t...IC_ID=203996
SLEEP Disorder WSO: http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/t...IC_ID=201237
CREDIT Card WSO http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/t...IC_ID=201572
SMOKING Cessation WSO http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/t...IC_ID=202691
Go to Top of Page

ndcole78
HyperActive Warrior

USA
353 Posts
My Warrior Offers

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  16:00:15 Show Profile Buy Me A Drink Visit ndcole78's HomepageSend ndcole78 a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse
Communication is key and I always make it a point to contact my customers or reply to them in a timely fashion, usually within the hour, but certainly before the sun comes back up. I've had several people I've worked with who didn't reply to emails for days and for that reason, I didn't do business with them again.

Communication is key before and after the sale....Hand written thank you cards go over well too. That's what I do for all who use my services. 99% of them are always surprised when they get the card in the mail.

Nicholas Cole, CEO, specializing in writing high-converting sales letters http://www.72hourcopy.com
Go to Top of Page

Warrior Approved

WSO: ANTI-GRINCH: CAFFEINATED CONTENT FOR WORDPRESS
Go to Top of Page

Greg Cooksley
Advanced Warrior

South Africa
827 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  16:14:28 Show Profile Visit Greg Cooksley's HomepageSend Greg Cooksley a Private Message Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear that you've had a tough time....

Nobody ever promised that life would be an easy ride....these challenges are there to test and strengthen our characters. If everything just went smoothly, we would have jelly for a backbone. So, chin up and go for it....

Hope this helps...
Regards

Greg

***Formerly known as Greg135***
HATE READING??? - Well listen instead!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly