|Floor Area||195,095 m²|
|Building Uses |
| - office|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
|Structural Types |
| - highrise|
|Architectural Style |
| - art deco|
| - aluminium|
| - granite|
| - limestone|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
- Architect: Associated Architects
- Major Tenants: General Electric
Facts & Description:
- Three closely related companies are associated with this building- General Electric (GE), Radio Corporation of America (RCA), and National Broadcasting Company (NBC).
- RCA was founded jointly by GE and Westinghouse. NBC was founded jointly by GE, RCA, and Westinghouse. RCA later bought up full ownership of NBC. GE later bought up full ownership of RCA. At that point, it replaced the letters "RCA" on top of the building with "GE".
- When constructed, Rockefeller hired muralist Diego Rivera to paint a mural in the lobby of the building. This mural was later destroyed before it was even completed when Rockefeller found out that Rivera had included a portrait of communist leader Lenin in it.
- Located on top of the building is the Rainbow Room, a restaurant.
- Used in the movie "Mr. Deeds".
- Observation deck will reopen in summer 2005.
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza is the centerpiece to the world famous Rockefeller Center. For a diagram of all the buildings in Rockefeller Center, including those added in the Rockefeller Center Extension, click on the link below:
- Link to Rockefeller Center Diagram
• Google search