The Oklo Fossil Fission Reactors
This is one of the most fascinating stories in the relatively short history of Science and especially
in the even shorter history of Nuclear Physics.
In 1972 the very well preserved remains of several ancient natural nuclear reactors were discovered
in the middle of the Oklo Uranium ore deposit.
Since their discovery the Oklo reactors have been
studied by many scientists around the world who have uncovered the answers to
the following questions.
At this site you can explore the answers to these and many other questions about the Oklo natural fossil reactors
and investigate many other things about nuclear fission.
- Where are the Oklo reactors located?
- When did the nuclear reactions occur?
- What caused the nuclear reactions to start?
- Why are these reactors worth studying?
- Who discovered the reactors
- How were the reactors discovered?
Other Oklo/Nuclear Links
For more information you can email the author (Dr Robert Loss) at firstname.lastname@example.org