Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update
This update fixes a vulnerability that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. This update also addresses an issue with using public folders in Entourage, and it contains the latest postal code information for Japanese addresses.
Applies to: Office 2004 Standard Edition, Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition, Office 2004 Professional Edition, Word 2004, Excel 2004, PowerPoint 2004, Entourage 2004.
Released: July 10, 2007
.dmg file size: 15.4 MB
56K modem: 1 Hr 10 Mins
Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update is installed on your computer. To verify that you have installed this update, select the Microsoft Component Plugin file in the Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder on your hard disk, and then on the File menu, click Get Info.
Additionally, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS
Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac.
To install this update
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- In the preceding table, click the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk.
If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
If you are using Internet Explorer, the Download Manager saves the file to the desktop unless you specified a different folder in the Preferences dialog box of Internet Explorer. To check your preferences, on the Explorer menu, click Preferences, and then click Download Options in the left pane.
- Double-click the file you downloaded in step 5 to place the Office 2004 11.3.6 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office 2004 11.3.6 Update volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Office 2004 11.3.6 Update volume window, double-click the Office 2004 11.3.6 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To verify that the installation finished successfully, see the Updated files section of the Read Me file included with this update. To remove the update installer, first drag the Office 2004 11.3.6 Update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file you downloaded to the Trash.
Note This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
To remove this update
This update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your application to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates you want.
If you have technical questions or problems downloading or using this update, visit the Microsoft Support page at www.microsoft.com/mac/support to learn about the support options that are available to you.