Image Upload: Off
Registered: Apr 16, 2003
Total Posts: 110
Let us testing Photoshop speed in our system
Want to know how fast is Photoshop on Mac, Intel or AMD. Want to know is various GHz clock would affect much on processing power. What about shared video adapter, amount of memory. Is the price we pay for the premium system comparable to performance of the average system?.
Here are the steps:
This is the test image:
- Left click on the image and save it on your desktop, it is 87.6KB size.
- Open image in Photoshop and resize "Width" to 2000px, the "Height" will change automatically, then click "OK".
- Click "Filter - Blur - Radial Blur".
- Set "Amount" to 100. Then select "Spin" and "Best".
- Do not forget again to select "Best", if you choose lower, the processing time will be shorter and you will not believe speedness of your system :D).
- Be ready with the stopwatch. Click "OK" along with start button of your stopwatch.
- Record the time needed until the progress bar in the lower window of Photoshop disappear.
- Report the time in seconds along with a bit information of your system.
Closing another programs and let Photoshop the only program running will speed-up processing time considerably.
Edited by isyukri on Oct 30, 2004 at 05:21 PM GMT