View Full Version : Night Of the Werewolves IV

Pages : [1] 2

thomas.berubeg
Dec 19, 2006, 05:45 PM
Opening Scene

‘Twas a dark and stormy night, and the wind and rain and snow blew hard, stinging any foolhardy soul foolish enough to go outside in this weather. None did. The Inn was surprisingly empty for an evening of the week. Usually, both the Inn and the Tavern were overflowing with people. Suddenly a loud banging at the inn door drew the attention of the eight-year-old boy there. This boy was an orphan, who lodged wherever he found work. He was alone tonight, the others at the inn having gone home early. He had stayed on in hopes of free food and a tip, which would give him someway to repay the kindness of those around him. He ran to open the door, and in the frame stood a large bear of a man. However, though brawny and well muscled his body was, his face had an air of a wiser, more canny animal. The dog, maybe, or the fox, or the Wolf. The young boy took a step back, then remembered his manners. Or perhaps it was the velvet cloak that implied richness, and perhaps a tip.
“Where is everyone in this Junil Forsaken Village? Answer me, Boy!”
“They… are all at home…the cold, you know.”
“Cold, this? I’m just up from Urslo… a diplomatic mission from Mahala, to Lord Falamar, your king… not that you’d know anything about kings, right, boy?”
“That’s not true, the king came through here once, years ago.”
“Ahh, so you are well acquainted with royalty. I hope one who has frequented royalty will not mind serving a mere Baron like me…”
“Sorry, sir, Of course not… uh, what would you like?”
“Food”
“Of course, right away, sir!”
The boy scurried off into the pantry to find something the tall stranger would like. He hoped his talking had not destroyed any hope he might have had for a nice silver coin. He dared not hope for gold, for gold was a legend his eyes had proven the veracity of.
“Boy,” the stranger called from the room, “Do you have a mayor in this town?”
“No, sir, the old one is in the ground but two week now, we are starting elections tomorrow.”
“Pity, I had hoped to bring a greeting to him, from my lady Mahala…” he looked musingly around, “well, I suppose this’ll have to do… I’ll start my commission now”
He got up, and stretched his massive frame to the ceiling, and said, “well, no time for food then, I must be off…”
He left in as much of darkness he had appeared in, but he did not leave the Village instantly. He made three stops, leaving three predators on this poor insignificant village… three stops, that would change the history of this Village Forever.”

thomas.berubeg
Dec 19, 2006, 05:48 PM
The Morning After
The people of Dunwich awoke to terrified screams. A badly mangled body, that of a young boy, lay among the plants… crushed crocuses lay on either side of him, while his blood covered daffodils. His blood had spurted out, and lay across an otherwise untouched stretch of purple-whiteish flowers. As the crowd gathered around him, he managed to gasp out: “the stranger… wolves…. Three…uhhh…them… some of you… I recognized…” and he died.

List of Characters

Blacksmith- Bad Player
Shipmaker- Conroe
innkeeper- Unser Giftzwerg
Merchant Chandrasekhr
Old Drunk- Grillick
Poet-Xuenay
Netmaker -PrinceScamp
Pirate -Deathling
Fortune Teller (not necessarily prophet)Brisingamen
Stable Boy-Rogueknight
Herbalist-Nikis-Knight
Fisherman-Ulyaoth
Bar Girl-Immortius
Tavern Owner-Flamingzaroc121
Carpenter--Zoe-
Detective- DueAccident
Old Captain- Hitti Litti
Villge Idiot- Silverkiss

The dead
Blacksmith- Bad Player
Shipmaker- Conroe
innkeeper- Unzer Giftzwerg
Merchant Chandrasekhr
Old Drunk- Grillick (ran off)
Poet-Xuenay
Netmaker -PrinceScamp
Pirate -Deathling
Fortune Teller- Brisingamen
Stable Boy-Rogueknight
Herbalist-Nikis-Knight
Fisherman-Ulyaoth
Bar Girl-Immortious
Carpenter--Zoe-
Detective- DueAccident
Old Captain- Hitti Litti
Villge Idiot- Silverkiss
(red is dead)

Mayoral Votes

Hitti-litti: 9
ulyaoth: 1
Deathling: 3
SilverKiss-1
Roguknight- 1

VOTING IS NOW OPEN... HAVE FUN, TALK, HANG WOLVES... if you have not received your PM, PM me, and i will resend it to you

PrinceScamp
Dec 19, 2006, 06:25 PM
PrinceScamp faints, having never seen a blody and mangled corpse.

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 19, 2006, 06:52 PM
Oh oh, this can't be good for business. Well let's get it over with then yer? We need a mayor. Hitti-Litti might be old. So very, very, very, very old. But he's captained a ship afore, yer? And we need to vote, I expect. So I'll be back later. Anyone not willing to pitch in and vote, well that looks right suspicions. Yer?

(We does need a mayor, yerrr?)

Nikis-Knight
Dec 19, 2006, 06:58 PM
A smart idea, Unser, but I'll cast my vote for my loyal husband, Ulyaoth (for mayor), the fisher, you know. He always makes such wise choices, don't you dear?

(I'm the Herbalist, and female, so ya know.)

Jono
Dec 19, 2006, 07:23 PM
Haharrr, that be a good one me hearty! That salty sea-dog thar not be a fit mayor. Hitti-Litti bin marked with the black spot, he gunna be sent to Fiddler's Green old and dead as all Jack be.

Immortius
Dec 19, 2006, 07:29 PM
Oh, this is terrible! I am just a poor, weak little bar girl, I would have no chance against a werewolf. Perhaps a that hunk Deathling would be able to protect me if he were mayor?

Jono
Dec 19, 2006, 07:31 PM
Yarrr, I be willin' to take stand for ye saucy wench.

Silverkiss
Dec 19, 2006, 08:06 PM
The flowers.... The flowers say the old are wise....Hitti-Litti should be the mayor, the flowers say.... And the boy... Poor boy.... Poor poor boy....

Brisingamen
Dec 19, 2006, 08:21 PM
I foresee many dark days ahead...we need a strong leader...Silverkiss will do.

PrinceScamp
Dec 19, 2006, 08:24 PM
*wakes up from feint*

Oh, my, um, *is embarassed as Rogueknight is the one who helped waken her*

I think that Rogueknight is an excellent choice for the mayor as he is strong, smart, and handsome.

OOC: If there are married couples, can we have that listed next to their charactor names? For clarity.

flamingzaroc121
Dec 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
I'll vote for Hitti-Litti to keep my customers happy

Grillick
Dec 20, 2006, 12:34 AM
*Hic!*

The old drunk comes wandering by, a jug of rum in one hand. His gait is awkward, and he sways to and fro, zigzagging along the road.

"What's all the fuss about?" the voice cracks a bit at the end, and he stops, inches in front of the dead boy's body. "Oh my, methinks dat boy there might be dead."

The drunk squats down in front of the corpse, and pokes it with a bony finger. "Yup, 'e's dead alright."

The drunk looks up at the crowd. "So? Which one of youse killed 'im?"

Rogueknight
Dec 20, 2006, 01:54 AM
Oi, Chief, whats the rucuss? *Stable-Boy Knight pushes his way through the crowd to the scene.*

*Looking down on the corpse Stable Boy Knight grows angry, punching the wall next to him*

Well that be just a tragedy. I was teachin the kid how to look after the horses so he could get a couple extra coins.

*In the midst of his anger Rogueknight has missed the passed out Net-Maker. Cussing himself for being so single minded he starts to bring her round, looking slightly unnerved at her enthusiastic response to this*

Missy, I be flattered that you think i'd make a good mayor but in truth I know about very little exceptin horses and how to look after them. I'm gonna follow my chief's example and vote Hitti-Litti for mayor. If he can keep a ship full of sailors in line he should manage to look after our village.

Xuenay
Dec 20, 2006, 06:18 AM
So tragedy falls on the town,
werewolves seeking to take it down,
suspicion growing everywhere,
when will tempers start to flare?

A warrior we as our leader need,
so he won't us to the wolves feed.
Deathling is a pirate born and bred;
let's make him a mayor and have us lead.

Jono
Dec 20, 2006, 06:30 AM
Hahaharrr, I gunna be mayor!

Conroe
Dec 20, 2006, 07:39 AM
My friends and neighbors! It seems we have more than werewolves to concern ourselves with. There is a THIEF amongst us! I doubt the thief knows the true worth of what has been taken ... return it now, I say! All of you know me to be a honest and forgiving person. Return my property and all shall be forgiven!

And what is this?!?!? A rogue of a pirate to be Mayor? :shake: I think not. How could he possibly ever be trusted to fulfill the duties of his office? Nay, the Mayor should be an upstanding person, not a pirate ...

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 20, 2006, 08:22 AM
{Q: Is voting real-time or on a deadline? And BTW you have my name spelled wrong in the list. Unser. :)}

Yer! Votin' in rhyme. I see we're gonna have to lynch us a poet but toot-sweet. (Wait, he helps bring customers to the inn.) Belay that!

Thief you say? <scratches head> Well ain't this just ducky? We sure we want a pirate in charge of theft investigations? Well I guess it don't matter much. Just happy it ain't gonna be me. I got an inn to run, and I know this town is a thirsty lot. Don't worry neighbors, the inn'll stay open through the crisis!

Drop by tonight. 5% off every 4th schooner of ale!

Chandrasekhar
Dec 20, 2006, 08:43 AM
Ah, shipmaker, you have also had something stolen from you? There's been a thief that's been stealing some of my valuable possetions for some time now. Perchance they're the same person?

Jono
Dec 20, 2006, 08:49 AM
Arrr, caught this landlubber gunna be! that sporg got no business in the sweet trade.

Immortius
Dec 20, 2006, 08:57 AM
Oh Deathling, you're so brave! I'm sure you'll teach that mean thief a lesson.

OT: My name is also misspelled in the first post.

Hitti-Litti
Dec 20, 2006, 09:07 AM
*smokes his pipe*

Yarr... I have seen many things, but this is the saddest. That poor lad had his life to live.

I thank Unser for lobbing me for mayor. I will be the mayor of thy if thy want so. Though you never know when you have to go and hunt some whales from the big sea, but hey, I'm at your service now. So, I will follow the bandwagon and vote me for mayor.

Bad thing that Conroe and Chandrasekhar have lost their possessions. Or maybe someone revenged to Chandraskehar for his too big prices!

*laughs* *coughs* *gets serious again*

Hehe. I didn't mean that, Chandrasekhar. You sell the best ropes for me ships.

Silverkiss
Dec 20, 2006, 09:18 AM
Thiefing, Werewolfing.... Where all of this is gonna end ? The flowers are silent, so silent.... A tragedy, a tragedy....

Conroe
Dec 20, 2006, 09:48 AM
Seems our thief has stolen from the Merchant, as well. :hmm:

Where will it end, Silverkiss, you ask? It shall end at the gallows, of course!

Grillick
Dec 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hitti-Litti be a fine, upstandin' chap, ah tell you what. E'd make a grand mayor, if'n anybody would. Ju gots my support, Cap'n!

Bad Player
Dec 20, 2006, 10:48 AM
Hurrr, yer got my strength and support behind ye too mayor Hitti-Litti!

-Zoe-
Dec 20, 2006, 10:53 AM
I have to agree, as the oldest and most experienced of all our villagers, I see no better choice than Hitti-Litti as our Mayor.

OOC: He deserves a chance! :p :)

-Zoe-
Dec 20, 2006, 10:54 AM
OOC: What time scale are we working on? 24/24?

Hitti-Litti
Dec 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
OOC: Hopefully 24/12. I don't like that much for waiting for wolves at night.

Grillick
Dec 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
OOC: How're we doing lynch votes? One lynch vote OR one support vote? One lynch vote AND one support vote? Or just one lynch vote?

Conroe
Dec 20, 2006, 11:21 AM
A right troubling decision, this mayor business be. Some say a known pirate should be mayor. :shake: Our Fortune Teller advises that the Village Idiot is the best choice. :rolleyes: And the Ol' Cap'n seems to have a landslide going, but counts among his supporters the Town Drunk and the Village Idiot. :undecide: Hardly ringing endorsements ...

But alas, who votes for him be out of his control. Aye Cap'n Hitti-Litti, ya have me vote. But with a warning! Seems you're taking this thievin' business none too serious. Making jokes and all. Best be looking into it, lest the Merchant and I start thinking you're the thief!

Hitti-Litti
Dec 20, 2006, 11:35 AM
Relax, Conroe-boy. If you take things with humor, they'll not be that bad. But I'll promise I will catch the thief if I can. And I hope I can.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 02:08 PM
{Sorry, Ignore}

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 02:09 PM
(24/24 i don't have access enough to a computer to do a 24/12 expect to see a new event in the times between 3:00 and 4:00 eastern time) i am closing the Votes for Mayor in twenty minutes (4:00 eastern time)

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 02:57 PM
Why leave it up to me to write your hanging scenes? if you want to, PM me your hanging/death scene, and i will use it... you get to see your writing online, and in a way you want, and will save me a lot of time... don't feel obliged to, but i think it would be fun and nice.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evening

Carpenter -Zoe- had just finished bringing the last planks to build the Gibbet, which would double as a stage, and Blacksmith Bad player had just finished nailing them in place, when they heard a loud noise coming down the street. In surprise they looked at each other, and then down the street. A Crowd composed of the entire village was running down the street, a lone figure on their shoulders.
A deep Chant emanated from it “Hitti! Hitti! Hitti!” the carried Hitti-Litti, or should I say, Mayor Hitti-Litti, to the Gibbet, which was to act as an improvised stage.
“Speech! Speech! We want a speech!”
“I thank you all for this great Honor… I am proud you have deemed me worthy of following in the Footsteps of Old Jeremiah. I will strive to make you all happy and to catch this thief plaguing us all! And I declare a Crusade Against the werewolves! We Will Hunt Them Down To extinction! I will avenge the death of that poor boy! Tomorrow night, we will carry the First wolf to this Very Gibbet… And by The Flying Dutchman… they will pay.”

Night Will fall at 6:00 Eastern Time... you are allowed to talk, accuse, and maybe even start Voting... But when i declare Night... it's Lights out! Those of you active at night, PM me what you need to.

Grillick
Dec 20, 2006, 03:17 PM
By the Flying Dutchman, he says? Well, I heard a tale about teh Flying Dutchman once. A pirate ship, it be, one of the most famous. Piloted by the most fearsome and ghastly of pirates that ever did pirate. They'd come on an unsuspaecting ship, or coastal town - not unlike ours, mind ye - and pirate everything away before they were even noticed.

If by the Flying Dutchman these wolves'll be discovered, then Deathling must be one of them, no?

*Hic!*

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 20, 2006, 03:35 PM
Tch! So close to polls closing I beeter register a vote now. Well, the only ones not to vote or at least speak up so far are DueAccident and Ulyaoth. Unless I figgure something wrong. I figure a Detective be more useful to the town than a Fisherman given the thefts and murders. But on the other hand why hasn't the Detective offered to help? But I gotta pick one of the silent ones and we gotta keep the Detective around at lest the first time. So sorry Ulyaoth but I gotta cast my vote your way.

DueAccident
Dec 20, 2006, 03:46 PM
I've been taking in evidence, Unser, searching the village for signs of anything.

You can't just run head on into things. But saying that, I vote Deathling to hang. A pirate is obviously going to be bad news in a village like this, and he won't contribute anything as far as I can see.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 03:48 PM
Lynch Votes For Tommorow

Deathling-2
Ulayoth- 4

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 20, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yar, timing is everything? (Picked the right choice I did at least.) Now off to the wipe the glasses clean before tonights dinner rush.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
Now off to the wipe the glasses clean before tonights dinner rush.

Seems a pretty slow evening rush... okay, i know that as GM i shouldn't post, but... well... i can't resist... i'll shut up now.:cry: :blush: :mad: :p

Rogueknight
Dec 20, 2006, 04:10 PM
*The Stableboy chases down the Innkeeper as he makes his way from the village square. Still panting from his sprint, a worried expression is on his face*

Chief, I had to catch you. What do I do with the stables? Them monsters are coming back overnight, but I'm more worried about folk tryin to steal the horses to run out of town! Its the only way short of boat to get a good distance away! Mr Mayor hasn't said anythin about leavin the village yet but I reckon he will. If its ok with you Chief I'm going to bar the outside doors, so they have to come past you or me inside in order to get there.

I think when you lock up tonight you should double lock the doors chief, somebodies been stealing the Merchant's things - its only so long before they try it with us too.

*Leaving the innkeeper to his business, the stableboy waits patiently for an audience with the very popular Hitti-Litti.*

Well er, Mr Mayor sir ...Old Jerimiah usually asked us to come see him about votin and whatfor. I'm not really sure who is guilty, so i'll go with what Unser said - I vote Ulayoth to hang

Me and the Chief are going to lock in the horses when we aren't there as well so that no one runs off unless you be saying so, but you best speak to the chief about that. *The Stableboy scratches his head, a bit confused about the formalities of the situation. After thinking for a bit longer than necessary, he settles on a polite bow to the mayor and runs off*

Conroe
Dec 20, 2006, 04:21 PM
Aye, lad, the innkeeper be right about Ulayoth. Only a wolf can't be bothered to vote. And Deathling may be a rogue of a pirate, but I've yet to see any signs of the lycanthrope in him.

Silverkiss
Dec 20, 2006, 04:33 PM
I agree.... The flowers say... The flowers say that people who don´t speak are... are bad... So... Ulayoth is bad... The flowers say....

Chandrasekhar
Dec 20, 2006, 04:55 PM
Congratulations to our new mayor... I'm sure we'll have that thief caught in no time. The wolves too, I suppose. I'd not be half surprised if it turned out that this fisherman had light fingers. Hang Ulayoth, I say!

-Zoe-
Dec 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
My vote must go to Deathling, a pirate can be doing the village no good at a tragic time like this.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 20, 2006, 05:08 PM
The night surprised everyone at the in. when they noticed it was dark, they hurried home, barely pausing for a breath or a short conversation between each other. all were worried, and were afraid: who would die Tonight

IT IS NIGHT. YOU ARE ASLEEP. NO POSTING UNTIL I SAY IT IS MORNING. THE VOTES ARE CLOSED FOR NOW. NIGHT PEOPLE PM ME WHAT YOU HAVE TO...

Bad Player
Dec 21, 2006, 06:42 AM
{I'm flying south tomorrow to and I'm not sure what my net access is going to be like in the next few days. I may not have net access for a couple of days but after that hopefully I will.}

thomas.berubeg
Dec 21, 2006, 02:32 PM
That morning, the Sun rose benignly over the Village, illuminating the square, where everyone gathered for a head count. At first all seemed there, even silverkiss, the Village fool, had followed the gathering crowd. He crooned over an armful of Flowers, and all seemed at peace.
Then it began “where’s Rogueknight?” someone asked.
The question coursed through the crowd, everyone looking at each other. In groups of three or four, they split up, searching through the village. Finally he was found, lying in the stable, with seven village dogs laying around him. All were dead. For years after the poets would sing of the poor innocent stable boy, slaughtered with the dogs that loved him trying to protect him from the horrors of the world around him.

ROGUEKNIGHT IS DEAD

Lynch Votes stand at

Deathling-2
Ulayoth- 5

Hitti-Litti
Dec 21, 2006, 02:41 PM
Rogueknight is slain you say?

Oh dear.

Well, it looks like fellow villagers have done the hardest job; finding the wolf. But which will I vote? My rival Deathling the pirate or Ulyaoth the innkeeper?

Hmm... Ulyaoth to hang.

OOC: Did you get my newest, just sent PM, berubeg?

thomas.berubeg
Dec 21, 2006, 02:45 PM
Yes i did. Start it whenever you want

Grillick
Dec 21, 2006, 03:02 PM
*Hic!*

What's that, you say? Rogueknight's dead? Well, Rogueknight, he be gettin' his lynching vote out in the open early, he did he did. Who'd he votes for? Oh, that's right! Ulyaoth must be responsible!

*Hic!*

Jono
Dec 21, 2006, 03:13 PM
Arrr, t'be the detective... a bloody wol' he be.

Xuenay
Dec 21, 2006, 03:29 PM
My vote falls on the detective - a creature of much poking and nose-sticking in the affairs of others a-drinking. He's rarely up to any good, just causing trouble to all those involved. He shall hang!

(Out of character: so Rogueknight was killed by the werewolves but nobody got lynched that day? Um, are we running on some rules variation that I'm not aware of?)

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
{I am a little confused ... the werewolves killed in the middle of the first hang vote? The earlier votes are still in effect?}

InChar: Oh nooo, Stablebooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :cry:

*The Stableboy chases down the Innkeeper as he makes his way from the village square. Still panting from his sprint, a worried expression is on his face*

Chief, I had to catch you. What do I do with the stables?

Soon's I get a stableboy, those damn monsters take him away from me. They'll pay for this! StaaaaaBLLLLLLEboyyoyoyoyoyoyyyyyyy!

Silverkiss
Dec 21, 2006, 04:17 PM
Oh no... Oh no... Another kid... Murdered.... Destroyed.... Vanquished.... Murdered.... Oh no.... Oh no... Where will all this end ? Tell me, flowers....

Brisingamen
Dec 21, 2006, 05:09 PM
my inner eye was obscured... clouded is Ulayoth's future... i see fog, and a Black animal rearing up... hanged he will be, and better of we will be

Brisingamen
Dec 21, 2006, 05:13 PM
my inner eye is obscured, an evil presence is near...[B]Ulayoth[B] future is clouded by fog, yet i see a dark shape rearing in the distance.. hanged, he will be, and the better for us

Nikis-Knight
Dec 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
We're determined to hang a man of the sea? Then let it be the pirate Deathling, not my por fisherman husband.
He may not be a great man. He may not even be a good man, and he does smell up the village. But he doesn't deserve to die. Oh, maybe to be nagged in a thousand petty ways until the sea takes him, to have his manhood belittled in public and private, and to have his every accomplishment scorned for one... long series of mistakes.
But please don't hang the man I love!

flamingzaroc121
Dec 21, 2006, 06:45 PM
Even though he be my rival, i agree with the innkeeper and vote for Ulayoth

PrinceScamp
Dec 21, 2006, 07:13 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo! *weeps* My beloved RogueKnight is DEAD! Slain by the foul wolves! I've seen the way Immortius has looked at him, and the hate in her eyes when she sees me, especialy if I am talking to him. Immortius to HANG!

OOC: I request that in all future games I do not play a female charactor.

Jono
Dec 21, 2006, 07:15 PM
{Don't worry, the candlestick maker's all man... or is he? o.O}

Nikis-Knight
Dec 21, 2006, 07:17 PM
{Come enjoy the tea and gossip at the cross-dressers' convention, PrinceScamp.} And my condolences on your loss!

Immortius
Dec 21, 2006, 08:41 PM
Mayhap you're just upset that your late beloved spent more time drowning his troubles at the bar than with his naggy girlfriend/fiancee/mother/whatever? Please leave me out of your domestic troubles PrinceScamp, I'm just doing my job.

It would seem to me that the wolves seek to trick us into hanging Ulayoth by murdering the person who first accused him. Thus I say we hang Xuenay, as the last person anyone would expect to be a wolf.

PrinceScamp
Dec 21, 2006, 10:31 PM
OOC: He wasn't my husband.

Immortius
Dec 21, 2006, 10:42 PM
OOC: Okay then. I must say some background on the village would be nice.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 22, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm going to do that, but i really don't have time today... i Pmed Roguknight and asked if he would GM for me today (and possibly tomorrow)

Sorry for the inconvenience,
thomas.beruebg

Rogueknight
Dec 22, 2006, 12:51 PM
Thomas and I are currently in negotiations. I am happy to help out, however I don't have a copy of the script so i'll need some clarification of the rules from him. If I can't get this I'll get back to you.

Timescale wise I hope to proceed as follows. (Somebody WILL lynch tonight!)

It is currently 6:50 Uk Time as at this post.

-One lynching this evening 10pm Uk time
-Nightime will go on until I receive the Werewolf PM's.
-Assuming I receive the PM's Daytime will commence 12pm (Midday) Uk Time Saturday 23rd December
-Daytime will continue for 24 hours until 12pm Uk Time (Midday) Sunday 24th December, at which point another character will be lynched.

At this time I will hopefully hand back to Thomas to continue from Nightfall. (If not before, but he will brief you if this is the case)

Those of you active at Night will need to PM me accordingly.

Now I return you to your game.

It is Early Evening
Day 2

The loss of the stableboy weighs heavily on the village as they curse their inaction. Too much squabbling and a delay in voting a mayor meant that they lost another valuable ally in this fight. Hitti-Litti mingles amongst the various groups, ensuring that all votes are counted, and the villagers are reassured by the presence of someone willing to take charge.

There can be no mistakes tonight, the wolves have proven this is not a one time killing and that the villagers should be afraid....

Votes

Blacksmith Bad Player
Shipmaker Conroe--- Ulyaoth
innkeeper Unser Giftzwerg--- Ulyaoth
Merchant Chandrasekhr--- Ulyaoth
Old Drunk Grillick--- Ulyaoth
Poet Xuenay--- DueAccident
Netmaker PrinceScamp--- Immortius
Pirate Deathling--- DueAccident
Fortune Teller Brisingamen--- Ulyaoth
Stable Boy Rogueknight (Murdered by Wolves)--- Ulyaoth
Herbalist Nikis-Knight--- Deathling
Fisherman Ulyaoth---
Bar Girl Immortius--- Xuenay
Tavern Owner Flamingzaroc121--- Ulyaoth
Carpenter -Zoe- --- Deathling
Detective DueAccident--- Deathling
Old Captain Hitti Litti--- Ulyaoth
Villge Idiot Silverkiss--- Ulyaoth

Totals

Ulyaoth - 9 Votes
Deathling - 3 Votes
Xuenay - 1 Vote
Immortius - 1 Vote
DueAccident - 2 Votes

-Zoe-
Dec 22, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hmm, looks like old Ulyaoth will lynch tonight.

Rogueknight
Dec 22, 2006, 03:58 PM
The Mayor calls the first lynching
Day 2

The new Mayor’s first order of business is not a pretty one, but he takes it in his stride as he leads the deputation down the main street of the village towards the docks. As a Captain he made these type of life or death decisions many times and his stride is unbroken as he walks confidently to Ulyaoth’s usual perch for catching his dinner. Tipping the brow of his cap to the Fisherman as he approaches Hitti-Litti delivers the verdict.

The Fisherman says nothing, quietly waiting by the side of the dock with his eyes fixed on the water. The fishing rod starts to twitch, and Ulyaoth sighs deeply as he realises this is one is going to get away from him. Hitti-Litti takes the fisherman by the right arm and leads him back up the long walk to the gallows, with the villagers following in close procession. “Its always the quiet ones! Couldn’t even be bothered to vote, like he doesn’t care!” volunteers a voice.

Some of the villagers murmur in agreement, whilst others cast dirty looks at the Pirate Deathling. “Why do we even let him stay here, he’s obviously a thief!” volunteers one. Deathling’s response is short and to the point “ARRRRRR! Let any of you landlubbers who wants to try me step forward!”. Silverkiss rises to the challenge, lunging forward and thrusting a small flower into the Pirate’s chest, and then breaking into a fit of giggles whilst running off into the distance.

Upon reaching the stage Hitti-Litti binds the fisherman’s hands and sets him in place. The lever is rusted, as the village has not needed use it in a long time. Using both hands Hitti-Litti forces it into place, the trapdoor snapping open. Villagers grimace at the sight, but mercifully the death is quick.

Minutes pass as the examination of the body is performed, before the shock hits the spectators.

Ulyaoth was HUMAN! The Werewolves have gained another victory.

The sombre crowd disperses and makes its way slowly to their homes. A number of people who voted for Ulyaoth do the decent thing and cut him down, burying him in a small plot on the edge of the village. One by one they utter a quiet apology and farewell before the last light fades from the sky.

It is now NIGHT. No public discussions please, talk in private as needed.
Those with business at night, your time has come…..

Private message me if you have action at night.

Daytime will be at 12pm Uk Time tommorow unless advised otherwise.

Rogueknight
Dec 23, 2006, 05:52 AM
It is Sunrise
Day 3

Sunrise is an incorrect way of describing this morning, dark clouds masking the majority of the light. A mild rain continues to hit the villagers as the Mayor calls them all into the centre of town to do the now obligatory headcount. Counting the villagers the Mayor sighs as he realises that he is one down again.

The procession leaves the village square and sets off down the main street. Stopping in front of a small and quaintly decorated house their suspicions are confirmed. The wooden door is splintered in half as a result of a series of fierce blows. The table and chairs are thrown aside and furnishings destroyed. The body of Silverkiss lies quietly in the upstairs room, the remains of an improvised barricade against the bedroom door. Only the Mayor stays in the room long enough to make a true identification of the corpse, as the scene of carnage is too much for most of the villagers.

In Silverkiss’ right hand he is holding a rather elegant looking amulet. The outer circle is shaped in gold, many engravings carved into it. The focus of the piece is a expensive looking purple stone set at the centre. Every villager who sets eyes on it seems drawn to stare into the dark purple gem, as if their eyes have difficulty breaking away. Aside from its beauty it seems to have no obvious purpose, it only seems strange that the Village Idiot managed to come by it.

Hitti-Litti is the last to leave the house, bearing the amulet. He proclaims to the surrounding villagers that any items left by the dead - and no kin or rightful owner can be found – will be settled by a special vote. The villagers walk off into the distance discussing the various merits of the prospective candidates.

Not much later in the morning another heirloom is discovered! The villagers move down to the pier to remove Ulyaoth’s fishing rod and belongings. The fishing rod is strongly tied to the dock itself – The Fisherman always did like to have a nap between catches. Removing the fishing rod from its supports the villagers are shocked to discover a small bag tied to the line rather than the usual bait. Inside lies a small beautifully constructed Silver Crucifix. The only explanation is that Ulyaoth hid it here to make sure the wolves could not take it from him.

The excited villagers thrust the Silver Crucifix into Hitti-Litti’s hands, eager to start the voting. All have heard the legend of Werewolves and silver, it seems that this may be there one chance to protect themselves! Thus the amulet is put safely to one side for now - the Crucifix will be voted on today - the amulet tommorow!

Votes

Blacksmith Bad Player---
Shipmaker Conroe---
innkeeper Unser Giftzwerg---
Merchant Chandrasekhr---
Old Drunk Grillick---
Poet Xuenay---
Netmaker PrinceScamp---
Pirate Deathling---
Fortune Teller Brisingamen---
Herbalist Nikis-Knight---
Bar Girl Immortius---
Tavern Owner Flamingzaroc121---
Carpenter -Zoe- ---
Detective DueAccident---
Old Captain Hitti Litti---

Totals - Lynch Voting

Totals - Crucifix Voting

It is Daytime. Public Posting is allowed and encouraged!
Lynch voting is allowed
Voting for the Silver Crucifix is allowed
Votes for the Amulet will NOT be counted.

Night will fall in 24 hours! Sunday 24 December, 12pm Uk Time!

Hitti-Litti
Dec 23, 2006, 06:25 AM
Oh dear. What bad have I done? Why Junil did mislead me.

I suggest that we keep the owner of the Silver Crucifix secret. It is no good for the werewolves that they don't know the owner of this magical cross. So everyone, who thinks he needs the Silver Crucifix, please PM me. Also, a secret election off them will be held. This is the most important heirloom there can be. It can save us from the wolves.

OOC: Does the next day start 25th December? I hope so, I think nobody has time at Christmas eve.

Immortius
Dec 23, 2006, 06:36 AM
I tried to warn you all, but no-one listens to the Bar Maid, eh?

Rogueknight
Dec 23, 2006, 06:39 AM
(At the moment i'm going with 24 hours so Night will start on Christmas Eve, Day will break again on 12pm Uk Time Christmas Day. If people don't have the time or the votes are low I'll consider extending it. This also depends when Thomas is back to take over. Any questions/worries in the meantime feel free to PM me.)

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
Oho! Looks like we nabbed us a couple o' thieves, it does it does. Yer!! Wolves or not, we don't need any theiving we can all agree, yer?

Now, I don't know what Junil's people over in Elohim do things with their precious "Ancient Laws", but over here in Lanun we, we ... well, we have lots of different Ways, Laws, and So-It-Is-Writtens, depending on which Overlord is being channeled. The old mayor, he didn't go around talkin' about the fine points of law. So what do I, a mere Innkeeper, know about the laws? But I still got one question.

You sure you're allowed to run a secret ballot? Everything I know about the law says when an election is announcd, it's always public.

{OOC translation: Did the GM send the mayor instructions that secret ballots are allowed? (I was gonna say 'you can't do that' but then I remembered some of the stunts I pulled. :lol:)

Also: I know you don't play the Fall from Heaven mod so you wouldn't know :) but the god 'Junil' is probably not worshipped in this town. thomas set game #4 in 'Lanun' civilization. They are seafaring folk, and tend to worship the 'Octopus Overlords' - deapsea-dwelling ancient insane gods. It's no big deal but I figured you might like more info on the setting (http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Fall_from_Heaven_II). :) }

Grillick
Dec 23, 2006, 02:21 PM
*Hic!*

It seems to me that we don't need to hide the winner of the vote for the cross from the wolves. If it protects you from them, then what're they going to do about it, anyway?

What's with all this secrecy, anyway?

Sounds to me like Hitti-Litti wants to keep it for hisself, without letting us know about it. Only person who'd want nobody to know he was safe from the werewolves is a werewolf himself.

I vote Hitti-Litti to hang!

As for the crucifix, give it to the Fisherman's Wife. She deserves her husband's property, methinks.

Conroe
Dec 23, 2006, 02:42 PM
Seems to me that our innkeeper was in a mite hurry to lynch Ulyaoth. Only ta find that Ulyaoth had a Crucifix that would protect him from wolves? Hmmm ... interestin' ... mighty interestin' ...

And now Unser is using all of them lawyer words, just to be tellin' us that he needs to know who the new owner of the Crucifix be? Mighty, mighty interestin'! Maybe then he might know who to lynch ...

Jono
Dec 23, 2006, 02:48 PM
{Lanun aren't really set to worship OO, most people simply play them that way because it fits with strategy — they're pirates}

Jono
Dec 23, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yarrr, I be wantin' that Crucifix, but ye all be thinkin' me to be a wol'. Arrr, the hell with it, me crucifix it be.

Brisingamen
Dec 23, 2006, 03:32 PM
Deathling to hang... who knows what evil things pirates consort with...
Agree with Grillick about the crucifix, i do...the poor Fisherman's wife...ah, well, i did see death coming to her unfortunate husband

Xuenay
Dec 23, 2006, 03:36 PM
Grillick's words, now they are most curious,
were the wolves to be stopped they'd be most furious,
thus the old drunk's words seem most spurious.

Would he not wish the wolves to waste a night,
attacking someone that they cannot slight?

Grillick might be a fool,
or maybe in his heart feral desires rule.
For him, the gallows shall be the tool.

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 23, 2006, 03:47 PM
Seems to me that our innkeeper was in a mite hurry to lynch Ulyaoth. Only ta find that Ulyaoth had a Crucifix that would protect him from wolves? Hmmm ... interestin' ... mighty interestin' ...

And now Unser is using all of them lawyer words, just to be tellin' us that he needs to know who the new owner of the Crucifix be? Mighty, mighty interestin'! Maybe then he might know who to lynch ...

Actually, bein as I attract a higher class of client-tell to the Inn than you see in that tavern of yours, I understand that my "legal words" don't say what you say they says. I just said I was surprised to hear about a secret balot is all. Nowhere did I say I objected to it.

Now as for the silver whasis you raise an interesting point. Just how did I know the Fisherman was a thief before you came a-running to announce you had something stole? Even a DETECTIVE needs two things before detecting thieves.

#1: time. I figger even a DETECTIVE needs time, say, a whole night or a whole day, to learn a clue as to who might be a thief.

#2: Someone's gotta tell him about the crime to go lookin.

#3 They gotta be the DETECTIVE.

But I said I'd vote for whoever was silent before you anounced anything was stolen. Ulyaoth was the only one silent (DueAccident spoke up seconds later) and so Ulyaoth got my vote.

That's all clear and easy for people to remember.

But accordin to you, I somehow knew of the theft AND knew who done it AND made sure a dozen other people voted same way I done ... all before I knew somethig was even mising. SOunds like someone's got a secret agenda, it does.

So why you trying to lie about it? Well, we all know why. You've had your eye on me business for years now, you want me out of the picture, and you figger by hangin me your purse will be hangin heavy from your belt once this is all done with. Right? Riiiight.

So don't worry, I don't figure you out for a wolf. I figure you out just as someone puttin his own purse ahead of catchin a real wolf. So I ain't votin for you to hang in response - some of us are worried more for our poor customers than our custom. That's more high-falutin speech I learned from me client-tells.

Nope, I gonna stick to my policy. I gonna vote for him or her who ain't speakin up. And as for the secret ballot, that's all fine by me. If that's our law, that's our law. I'll send a note over to the mayor right quick. I kin write. :smug:

Grillick
Dec 23, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well now, it wouldn't be sportin' if we ended up with a tie vote an' the Mayor voted for me, just 'cause I done voted fer him. Mebbe I was quick to jump to conclusions, but yanno, Ah've gots some trouble makin' thoughts an such, you know?

You know?

Hitti-Litti, please don't be mad. I love you, man.

I'm changing my vote to Deathling, just because you kin never trust a pirate.

Hitti-Litti
Dec 23, 2006, 04:20 PM
I'm not mad at you, Grillick. As we all saw, mistakes are maked sometimes. Unfortunately.

And yes, I think my old rival Deathling is a wolf. If not, why he would flee to the next village sink ships. Yarr! I hate those shipwreckers!

If you want you can publicly announce you want the crucifix, but the election is held in secret.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
Hello, i'm back... Thanks alot Roguknight!:)

(When is the next Lynch taking place?

Anyway, Lynch Votes
Conroe-5 (Grillick, Unser, immortious, Bad Player, -Zoe-)
Unser 1 (Conroe)
Deathling 4 (brisingamen, Hitti-Litti, PrinceScamp)
Grillick 1 (Xuenay)

Secrets Balots are fine, and will keep the wolves and thief from being sure who has what... Votes are to be sent to me and to the mayor Hitti-Litti

thomas.berubeg
Dec 23, 2006, 04:36 PM
Married Couples:

Blacksmith+Fortune Teller
Fisherman+Herbalist

Rogueknight
Dec 23, 2006, 04:50 PM
You are very welcome Thomas.

Next Nightime/lynch was scheduled for 12pm Uk Time tommorow, however people are busy at this time of the year so you could probably get away with moving it a bit :D

Have fun villagers!

thomas.berubeg
Dec 23, 2006, 05:00 PM
What do most people want. Tomorrow, Christmas, or the 26th?

Again, thanks and Goodbye, Rogueknight.

Conroe
Dec 23, 2006, 05:07 PM
:rotfl:
Your whole response, innkeeper, was absolutely hilarious. Can't remember the last time I laughed this hard! And I'm after yer business, am I? What in the world would this old shipbuilder want with your inn??? Nay, landlubber, I'll keep my ship yard, you keep your inn!

Too funny! :lol: But now let's get serious, innkeeper, ...

* whips tears from eyes *

I say anybody who spends as much time as you do trying to not look like a wolf, ... well ... is probably a wolf. An innocent villager doesn't have to work at it as hard as you do. And in all of your quotin' you forgot one of your better ones (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4903313#post4903313). But, that's Ok ...

And a thief ... sheesh ... I never said you were a thief ... no ... the thief is that wolf buddy of you'rn. We'll hang her after you ...

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 23, 2006, 05:47 PM
:rotfl:
Your whole response, innkeeper, was absolutely hilarious. Can't remember the last time I laughed this hard! And I'm after yer business, am I? What in the world would this old shipbuilder want with your inn??? Nay, landlubber, I'll keep my ship yard, you keep your inn!

Too funny! :lol: But now let's get serious, innkeeper, ...

* whips tears from eyes *

I say anybody who spends as much time as you do trying to not look like a wolf, ... well ... is probably a wolf. An innocent villager doesn't have to work at it as hard as you do. And in all of your quotin' you forgot one of your better ones (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4903313#post4903313). But, that's Ok ...

And a thief ... sheesh ... I never said you were a thief ... no ... the thief is that wolf buddy of you'rn. We'll hang her after you ...

Well, now that I un-cross my eyes, I gotta admit it is hilarious. Looking at my list and squinting I see that Flamingzaroc121 owns the tavern and not you. :blush: :lol:

That still does not explain how

How I knew an item was stolen before you announced it.
How I knew that item was a silver anti-wolf charm.
How I even knew your secret treare even existed until you said so. Who else owns secret treasures?
How I knew Ulyaoth was the one who stole it
How I knew Ulyaoth would be the only one to not vote
How I knew the majority of the town would also vote to hang Ulyaoth.

How do you explain my "eagerness", shipbuilder, considering all the miracles I would have had to perform to do what you say?

But I do appologize for calling you a tavern owner! :blush: :eek:

I think I sampled to much of my own wares. :xmascheers: I better shut down tonight. So looks like the tavern owner will have extra business tonight! :beer:

{dang it forgot to add ... how about 48 hours for the daytime period, and 24 hours for the night? Until we are past Christmas?}

Chandrasekhar
Dec 23, 2006, 06:01 PM
Ah, great! So glad that we've managed to hang a thief. I... didn't recognize any of my merchandise on him, but no doubt he sold it all away as soon as he had his grubby hands on it.

That said... I have no idea who to vote for. I dislike pirates on general principle of course, but as long as he doesn't steal any of my belongings, I'm not bothered at all by him reducing the competition. I have no issues at all with a fellow business man, the innkeeper. For that matter, I really don't know who should get the cross, either. I don't want to provoke any ire by being silent where I should be helping... but I'm not sure what to do. I just want to see this whole mess behind me.

Conroe
Dec 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
How do you explain my "eagerness", shipbuilder, considering all the miracles I would have had to perform to do what you say?:lol:
Unfortunately Unser, I did not say any of that! I said that you voted to lynch Ulyaoth. Surely this point you do not deny? I then speculated that you would not cast a lynch vote before knowing who the cross goes to. So far, you haven't.

All of the rest -- all of your questions -- all of it -- is from your imagination!

And the last thing that I said, is that nobody, but nobody, goes to this much effort to NOT look like a wolf. Except for maybe ... a wolf!

Grillick
Dec 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
*Hic!*

You know, Conroe's gots a point, methinks. He's one smart cookie. I'm definitely gonna hafta change my vote to Unser Giftzwerg.

PrinceScamp
Dec 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
Deathling shall hang! He has no need of my beutiful nets, and has caused grief to other fishpeople from other vilalges in his days as a pirate!

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 24, 2006, 02:13 AM
:lol: Unfortunately Unser, I did not say any of that! I said that you voted to lynch Ulyaoth. Surely this point you do not deny? I then speculated that you would not cast a lynch vote before knowing who the cross goes to. So far, you haven't.

All of the rest -- all of your questions -- all of it -- is from your imagination!

And the last thing that I said, is that nobody, but nobody, goes to this much effort to NOT look like a wolf. Except for maybe ... a wolf!

Well, I was hopin I could do this in plain language. But I see I gotta get out the pencils and paper and make it plain and clear. And excuuuuuuuse me for bein verbose in defendin' my own life. I'm a known windbag and I seriously doubt anyone expects anything else from me.

Besides, it is fun to describe in painful detail how terribly wrong you are. Yer!

Conroe's claim against me is: I am suspucios for two reasons. Both of these claims are false. Here we go again.

#1 I was in a rush to hang Ulyaroth and ULYAROTH HAD THE CRUXIFIX <GASP!> UNSER MUST HAVE KNOWN THAT!
Seems to me that our innkeeper was in a mite hurry to lynch Ulyaoth. Only ta find that Ulyaoth had a Crucifix that would protect him from wolves? Hmmm ... interestin' ... mighty interestin' ... (Underline mine)

But I spoke up first in Post #4.
Oh oh, this can't be good for business. Well let's get it over with then yer? We need a mayor. Hitti-Litti might be old. So very, very, very, very old. But he's captained a ship afore, yer? And we need to vote, I expect. So I'll be back later. Anyone not willing to pitch in and vote, well that looks right suspicions. Yer?

But it wasn't until Post #17 that Conroe informs us
My friends and neighbors! It seems we have more than werewolves to concern ourselves with. There is a THIEF amongst us! I doubt the thief knows the true worth of what has been taken ... return it now, I say! All of you know me to be a honest and forgiving person. Return my property and all shall be forgiven!

Pretty clever of me, announcing I would vote for the Cruxifix thief before I

knew the cruxifix existed
that it was stolen
that Ulyaroth stole it
and that Ulyaroth would be the only one not to vore.

Beeeecause, in post #38 I count up who has and who has not voted. It is 3 hours before the voting deadline announceed in Post 36.
Tch! So close to polls closing I beeter register a vote now. Well, the only ones not to vote or at least speak up so far are DueAccident and Ulyaoth. Unless I figgure something wrong. I figure a Detective be more useful to the town than a Fisherman given the thefts and murders. But on the other hand why hasn't the Detective offered to help? But I gotta pick one of the silent ones and we gotta keep the Detective around at lest the first time. So sorry Ulyaoth but I gotta cast my vote your way.

For the record, DueAccident spoke up in Post #39, one post later.

Bottom line, I posted what I would do as soon as the por lad's body was found. In post #38 I did wat I promised in post #4...I voted for the one sole villlager who did not cast a vote. I did so 3 hours before the announced deadline.

"Mite of a hurry to lynch Ulyaroth"? Horse hockey.

Before I knew he would be the one villager to not cast a vote? How did I do that, Conroe? Also explain the implication that Ulyaroth was killed because he owned the Cruxifix. This is the third time I've asked you to explain how I traveled through time. Explain post #4 and post #17 and post #38.

I did what I said I'd do...smoke out the non-voters. Werewolves are gonna vote and leave a record so we can smoke them out next. Why are you opposed to this, Conroe?

Let us get on to Conroe's second "reason"

#2 I insisted on making the cross vote public.

This is simply a flat out lie. I was surprised to hear the Mayor annnounce a secret ballot. I merely asked him if he had read the town charter correctly. He had, and I cast my ballot, using w-r-i-t-i-n-g. Jealous still? :smug:

See for yourself in post #76
Now, I don't know what Junil's people over in Elohim do things with their precious "Ancient Laws", but over here in Lanun we, we ... well, we have lots of different Ways, Laws, and So-It-Is-Writtens, depending on which Overlord is being channeled. The old mayor, he didn't go around talkin' about the fine points of law. So what do I, a mere Innkeeper, know about the laws? But I still got one question.

You sure you're allowed to run a secret ballot? Everything I know about the law says when an election is announcd, it's always public.

If you are goping to hang me, please hang me for some reasons that make sense. Sense to someone who is not perpetually drunk, that is.

Conroe you have been corrected twice, yet you insist on continuing the mis-statement. I am left with one word to describe you. mister shipwright: liar.

Since it is fours scant hours beore deadline, I am forced to cast a provisional vote to hang Conroe. As we have heard, the deadline may be extended. If it is I will review my vote, especially should one shipmaker come to his senses.

Oh .. and Conroe? While you are explaining all the lies you've been casting around perhaps you care to explain one more mystery?

Just why have you been running around saying you were robbed ... but you never bother to mention what was taken? Do you expect ...I dunno ... that any item that happens to turn up, you can claim is your property that was stollen? That your game, mister shipbuilder?

Looks like you got some 'splainin' to do, mister boatmaker.

Jono
Dec 24, 2006, 02:54 AM
Avast landlubbers, have ye all bin losin' yerr mind? The mighty Lanun be founded and run by the sweet trade. Hahaharrr, ye be thinkin' me plundered booty be from me fellow Lanun pirates? Ney! Ye not be worthy of presence of us outsiders.

Immortius
Dec 24, 2006, 03:26 AM
Oh, I am so confused. I don't think that lovely man Deathling could be a wolf, but perhaps people know something I don't? Or maybe they're just jealous of his rugged good looks?

And there is the massive argument between Conroe and Unser over something or another. For now I will call for Conroe to hang, although I may change my mind.

Bad Player
Dec 24, 2006, 06:17 AM
I'll vote Conroe too since Unser seems to be arguing his case well.

-Zoe-
Dec 24, 2006, 07:01 AM
I, too, must side with Unser and vote Conroe to lynch today. Unser clearly knows what he's on about and couldn't possibly have forseen the trouble that lynching Ulyaoth would bring. I also vote in support of Unser (If we're still doing those? :p)

thomas.berubeg
Dec 24, 2006, 08:44 AM
I'm extending the deadline a bit... we are now at a tie (mayor's Votes count as two, which leaves us with 4 for Conroe, and 4 for deathling... Those who haven't voted are strongly encouraged to Vote...

Grillick
Dec 24, 2006, 09:48 AM
*Hic!*

Yanno, dat dere innkeeper, he be makin' some sense. Ah can't believe ah would've voted fer him. He's one smart fella, he is.

I'm changing my vote to Conroe to hang!

thomas.berubeg
Dec 24, 2006, 10:05 AM
SUNDOWN
The rain came down shortly before nightfall, a terrible storm lashing down on the silent villagers. Their faces were hard set and resolute despite the weather, their eyes glaring at the face before them. The Mayor had Conroe by the right arm, Deathlin by the left as they led him slowly from his door. On the verge of tears he tried desperately to stand proudly, but the choking sobs soon put an end to any act. The villagers formed a corridor on either side of the hanging party, their eyes fixed on their next victim.

At first there was silence as he passed, but there is always one in such a crowd more willing to break the silence. “MONSTER! Back to hell where you came from” screamed one, hurling a rotten piece of cabbage over the crowd hitting the lad squarely in the chin. The restraint is gone as villagers heckle and taunt, all their anger at being so helpless against this threat released against their victim. The Mayor had to duck the volley of missiles thrown by the crowd until they reached the stage.

Climbing the steps, the Mayor affixed the noose around the Shipmaker's head. The poet spoke a few words of the last rights. The Mayor stepped forward and ushered quiet in the crowd

“Any last words Conroe? Now is the time to admit it, to ask forgiveness.”

A sad shake of the head is all that is managed before the trapdoor lever is kicked violently by the Mayor. The crowd looks away as they hear the crack, none so unaffected they can enjoy the gruesome death. The Mayor cuts the rope and the body falls down to the floor below the stage.

Uneasy minutes pass by as the crowd under the direction of the Herbalist examines the corpse. Finally, the herbalist brushes a stray hair from the Shipmaker's face and shakes her head. He was human, it is beyond doubt. A voice from the crowd brings the heads swinging around to the other direction. The sun is gone now, the wolves will arrive any moment. The body is left where it fell as villagers frantically run from the square for the relative safety of home. Doors are locked and bolted, curtains shut. Nobody takes the time to notice who else made it home as the first dark howl pierces the night air. The howl cuts into the heart of every villager as they realise that they have given the wolves one more victory……

IT IS NIGHT

Nikis-Knight
Dec 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
{Apologies for no posts yesterday, my out of town trip was extended a day. Oh our poor village}

Hitti-Litti
Dec 24, 2006, 04:06 PM
OOC: When does the day start? And could you please update the player list on OP?

thomas.berubeg
Dec 24, 2006, 06:03 PM
Sometime tomorrow, and i'll update the list tomorrow too...

thomas.berubeg
Dec 25, 2006, 02:21 PM
MORNING

It was a Sunny morning, and to the Villager's suprise, no one was missing during the daily headcount. However, after that happy announcment, the mayor had a more soberng one.
"Someone Broke into my house, and stole Ulyaoth's Silver Crucifix... apparently he was not the theif..."

IT IS DAY

Chandrasekhar
Dec 25, 2006, 04:08 PM
Eh? He wasn't the thief!? Drat, we must have professional scoundrel in the village.

Of course everyone knows that pirates are, by definition, professional scoundrels. However, he doesn't strike me as the stupid type. Only a fool would steal something at a time like this, when everyone would be first to suspect him. I withold my judgment on Deathling.

We must also find the wolves. What of Unser Giftzwerg? He was the catalyst that sent the innocent Conroe to the gallows yesterday. But again, would a wolf be so obvious? We can all see that Deathling would have been lynched if not for Unser's intervention. A wolf wouldn't have minded a human being lynched, be him either Deathling or Conroe. I say that if one of them is a wolf (Deathling or Unser), then both of them are.

But didn't Deathling want the crucifix? Perhaps a wolf can have it, so long as it isn't used against him. For that matter, maybe the crucifix actually doesn't stop wolves at all. This is all mighty confusing. I can't in good faith place a vote, yet.

Grillick
Dec 25, 2006, 05:06 PM
Thief!? There's still a thief aroun' these here parts!? That jus' canna be tol'rated. Chandra and Conroe had stuff stoled from them, an' now one of 'em is dead. P'raps the thief be trying to get rid of his accusers? Sounds to me like Unser be the thief, an' mebbe he be a wolf, to boot. Either way, he oughtta be strung up.

PrinceScamp
Dec 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
Immortius must be the thief! Hang her! She's trying to paly innocent but I can see though it

(OOC: I suck at playing a female)

thomas.berubeg
Dec 25, 2006, 05:29 PM
Lynch Votes

immortius 1 (PrinceScamp)
Grillick 5 (Hitti-Litti, Xuenay, Unser, Chandresakhr, immortius)
Due accident 1 (deathling)
Hitti-Litti- 2 (Grilick, Flamingzaroc121)

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 25, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well, I feel better, considering poor Conroe, a mite, seeing the wolves did not strike last night. Unless of course they used the night to gather strength somehow? But no, time enough for negative thoughts later. No one died to the wolves! That is time to celebrate!

:beer: A full TEN percent off every fourth schooner tonight! My eyes ain't addled THIS day, and the Inn WILL be open! :beer:

My eyes ain't addled, but I see Conroe's form of addlement has passed on to Chandrasekhar. Chand, I am gonna point out to you the same thing I pointed out to poor Conroe.

When I voted for Conroe it was only after aking him twice to see the holes in his logic. Why he refused to see obvious common sense, I don't know. And now he is dead because of it. After he refused to see the obvious, twice, I voted for him because his obstinace crossed reasonable bounds. I had to vote for someone, and Conroe was more suspicious at that point than anyone else. That's what I call an honest vote, considering our lack of evidence.

Check the record. Absolutely no one else had voted for Conroe at the time I voted. If I wanted to vote just to save my skin, I would have added my vote to hang Deathling, who already had many votes against his name by then. Believe me, I don't want to hang and I considered it. But I think our town needs our toughest customers, till facts prove otherwise. That's just me.

So look, when I voted for Conroe, mine was the only vote. Please explain how I was to know that four more villagers would vote the same way, AFTER, I voted? Do you think our town is afflicted with five werewolves in total? I suppose that could be true. But it's the only way to explain my vote as some sort of werewolf conspiracy. Otherwise its innocent villagers making unwanted, terrible mistakes.

Seems to me yer lacking the same sense for time as what killed Conroe. Don't any of you all own a watchpiece? And speaking of owning ... what of this damn thief?

Grillick, I'd address this to you but you change your mind as often as you change your brand of hootch. You'll be voting for Ulyaooth again soon, I wager.

Immortius
Dec 25, 2006, 06:05 PM
First it was that I was giving you the evil eye, and now I'm the thief? What next, PrinceScamp?

It pains me to do this, but I call for Deathling to hang.

Xuenay
Dec 25, 2006, 06:17 PM
Since it seems my words are going unheeded when I speak in rhyme (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4909836&postcount=82), I'll give it up and repeat my last round's accusation. For Grillick seems very suspicious - when Hitti-Litti spoke up for a secret vote, Grillick accused him (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4909630&postcount=77) of being a werewolf for it. Yet his accusation made no sense - if the werewolves would attack a person carrying the crucifix and not know it, they'd most likely waste the night and be unable to strike again until the next one. Thus Hitti-Litti's actions were only reasonable, and Grillick might have spoken up because he was either a werewolf or being manipulated by them somehow.

Bad Player
Dec 25, 2006, 06:46 PM
But didn't Deathling want the crucifix? Perhaps a wolf can have it, so long as it isn't used against him. For that matter, maybe the crucifix actually doesn't stop wolves at all. This is all mighty confusing. I can't in good faith place a vote, yet.
If it's like my game, the WWs can have the crucifix with no problem (since they are human during the day) - it only stopped the WWs attacking the wielder.

Also check the sig! I'm rolling with the Doviello nowdays.:cool:

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 25, 2006, 07:16 PM
Well, I went over yesterday's vote. And my advice is still to smoke out the non-voters. Do we have anything but guesses at this point? No. So smoke out the non-voters is what yer do in such a case. Now everyone here has voted, but Flamingzaroc121 and DueAccident been pretty silent.

How-ever.

Escuse my paranoia :scared: but, day one I said smoke out the non-voter, and I voted for Ulyaoth. A bunch of people voted the same way and Conroe said that made me suspicious. Then on day 2 I voted for Coroe and a bunch of people voted the same way and now the Merchant is saying that's suspicios.

So my advice, good neighbores and customers, is still to smoke out the non-voters. If any of you choose to take that advice, great. As for me, I am going to take Xuenay's advice, vote for Grillick to hang, vote early, shut up, and be done with it.

Which will make me suspicious. To that I say

Ten percent off every fourth schooner! No one died last night! :beer:

PS: I liked the ryhmes, X, so you get FIFTEEN percent off every time you fire off a poem. (At the Inn of course, during Grog Time. You wanna give it away for free here that's your business plan, good luck with it.)

Chandrasekhar
Dec 25, 2006, 08:12 PM
I make no accusations, inkeeper. Just let it be known that if Deathling turns out to be a wolf, I'll see to it that you take the noose next. But he isn't, is he? I don't think so, but I have been wrong before.

Chandrasekhar
Dec 25, 2006, 08:48 PM
Hrm... upon thinking further on this, I have some more stuff to say.

A clever wolf wouldn't point the first finger, for when it was seen that the person they hung was human, they'd come under suspicion. No, a clever wolf would wait for someone to be accused, and then help start the bandwagon. {OOC: remember Vigilant in Nikis-Knight in No. 4?} This doesn't help us much, here, though. Not yet, at least. Among those that helped you hang Ulyaoth, the living are as follow:

2. Rogueknight
3. Myself
4. Hitti-Litti
5. Grillick
6. Brisingamen
7. flamingzaroc

I myself believe that two or three wolves will be on this list. They would have wanted to start the momentum rolling to get one not of their own killed. Now, the following people voted for other people to hang, and in this order.

1. DueAccident (Deathling)
2. Zoe (Deathling)
3. Deathling (DueAccident)
4. Xuenay (DueAccident)
5. Nikis-Knight (Deathling)
6. Immortius (Xuenay)

This list is a bit tougher to puzzle out. Those that posted early could be wolves that didn't know which way the bandwagon would go, yet. Those that posted late might be wolves trying to distance themselves from the hanging of one that they knew would be human. However, I believe that those on this list are less likely to be wolves than the ones on the first.

I believe that those on the first list are more likely to be werewolves. As Grillick is as good a place to start as any, I vote for Grillick to hang.

Immortius
Dec 25, 2006, 09:04 PM
That makes a lot of sense, Chandrasekhar. Very well...

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue
Grillick the Drunk
I'm voting for you.

Grillick
Dec 25, 2006, 10:19 PM
I don't know if you noticed, Chandra, but Rogueknight is dead.

Wanna rethink your list?

Ah don' like bein' accused, ah tell you that, an' it makes me sad. It seems to me that if an item can keep the wolves at bay, then they'd already know who had it, wouldn't they?

If'n that's the case, then who benefits from nobody knowing who has the crucifix? That's right, the wolves. And who benefits from having the crucifix themselves? That's right, the wolves.

The crucifix was stolen from The Mayor's house last night. That means he had it, and didn't give it to anyone else. Doesn't that seem suspsicious to anyone else?

Why was he holding onto it for himself, when he had called for a vote for its distribution? Do we know for sure he won the vote, or was he just holding onto it because nobody knows how everyone else voted?

I don't think our Mayor is as trustworthy as we thought he was, and that's fer sure!

PrinceScamp
Dec 25, 2006, 10:39 PM
*PrinceScamp works hard all day on the strongest net she has ever made hopnig to finnish it by tomorrow*

Jono
Dec 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
{Is that some sort of excuse for not voting?}

*slurs after 7 hours at the tavern*
Avast landlubbers... me grog! Ll-ll... hah-harrr, llynch that-that thar Detective!

flamingzaroc121
Dec 26, 2006, 12:07 AM
why would the mayor keep an item for himself. i think we should Hang the mayor

Bad Player
Dec 26, 2006, 01:12 AM
We don't know that the mayor (Hitti) kept the silver crucifix for himself - that is complete speculation.

It is possible too that the thief story is a cover story to hide the secret passing of the crucifix to someone else.

Also the WWs may not have killed because they attacked someone with an item that protects them just like the crucifix.

PrinceScamp
Dec 26, 2006, 02:06 AM
{I did vote, it's just to have my char actualy do something, also she is a netmaker, she's amknig it for her protection (not that it'd stand up against werewolf claws and teeth, but she doesn't know that)}

Hitti-Litti
Dec 26, 2006, 08:31 AM
Grillick. You idiot. Of course it was stolen from my house. The secret ballot hadn't ended until dawn. I didn't have the time to give it to the winner of the election. Winner was -Zoe-. He was aware of that situation, and I informed him about the stealing of that precious artifact. I'll hold an new election, if villagers want that. Unser wanted him to have the crucifix, that's why -Zoe- supported Unser in the last lynch voting. Or was it the last? Or the one before that?

Yarr, too much grog makes the world go around...

But anyway, your talking makes no sense.

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue
Grillick the Drunk
I'm voting for you.

Nice poem, I say! We have a new poet here!

I vote Grillick to hang and I support Immortius.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 26, 2006, 09:44 AM
Since the holidays seem to have kept posters away, i'm extending the deadline until late today...

Hitti-Litti
Dec 26, 2006, 10:00 AM
OOC: So what is the deadline in your time-zone(?)?

Post the time-zone you are in too, I'd like to know that may I see the hanging scene today.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 26, 2006, 11:09 AM
Most likely between 3;00 and 4:00, and i live in Eastern Time Zone

PrinceScamp
Dec 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
{So 12-1PM Pacific ST?)

flamingzaroc121
Dec 26, 2006, 12:18 PM
hitti is trying to throw the blame, i vote to support Grillick

Grillick
Dec 26, 2006, 12:31 PM
Oh dear. What bad have I done? Why Junil did mislead me.

I suggest that we keep the owner of the Silver Crucifix secret. It is no good for the werewolves that they don't know the owner of this magical cross. So everyone, who thinks he needs the Silver Crucifix, please PM me. Also, a secret election off them will be held. This is the most important heirloom there can be. It can save us from the wolves.

OOC: Does the next day start 25th December? I hope so, I think nobody has time at Christmas eve.

The vote ended at dawn? Really? You never, ever said that. Every other vote ends at dusk. Why would this one be any different? It seems to me, now that the crucifix is missing anyway, that at the very least everyone should state publicly who they voted for to get the crucifix.

We've got nothing to lose from that, and it will give you all more information with which to track down the wolves after you waste your time killing yet another human.

Hitti-Litti
Dec 26, 2006, 12:54 PM
As you wish, Grillick.

I got only two votes. Bad Player wanted Unser Giftzwerg to have the silver crucifix, and Unser wanted it to -Zoe-. I assumed that Unser thought that -Zoe- would need the cross more.

Actually GM informed me that the cross was stolen. Telling this so you don't think me as a liar.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 26, 2006, 12:56 PM
By the way, i'm not doing support Votes, just thought i'd clear that up.

Lynch Votes

immortius 1 (PrinceScamp)
Grillick 5 (Hitti-Litti, Xuenay, Unser, Chandresakhr, immortius)
Due accident 1 (deathling)
Hitti-Litti- 2 (Grilick, Flamingzaroc121)

Brisingamen
Dec 26, 2006, 01:40 PM
what a joyful day it is...the wolves were thwarted, and if fate is with us, we will catch one soon...
this morning, awokened by the cawing of the seagulls...i peered outside, and saw them all swooping over our village, diving at immortius' hut...interpreting their cries, i remebered a dream i had in which the village birds had gathered around her hut... Suddenly, it grew dark...and a giant smoke wolf lept from the chimney...out of its evil mouth, embers spewed forth, lighting an inferno that would consume the world...

thomas.berubeg
Dec 26, 2006, 01:57 PM
It is Evening...

The Village congregated yet again around the Gallows, eager for another hanging. but time passed, and nothing happened... an hour went by, then another... finally Mayor Hitti-Litti rose up to the podium.
"My Friends and Fellow Villagers, Our Prisoner has Dissapeared."
a murmur of surprise swept through the crowd.
"His room was empty save for this" The Mayor Held up A tattered garment, and many jars of makeup and of grey hair dye. "Evidently, our old friend the Drunk was not that Old... i think we had caught our thief, and he knew we were going to hang him..."
Suddenly a faint trumpeting sound filtered up from the sea. as one, the mob turned, and broke into a run towards the beach. they sprinted over the last of the sand dunes, and stopped. A small boat was floating away, and joined up with a Galleon. The figure in the small boat turned towards the beach and gave a hearty wave. all could see it was a much younger looking Grillick.
"Many thanksfor all the goods and money you've procured for me... Adieu.
"That's one we'll never see again," the mayor said "for he nows what awaits him if he does..."

Hitti-Litti
Dec 26, 2006, 02:05 PM
Looks like our enemy was more cunning than we thought. To prevent cases like this, I'll announce a law.

Every ship in this village shall be burnt!

Yes, including my ship and Jono's ship(why Deathling changed his name?). I'm sorry, this is the ultimate solution.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 26, 2006, 02:30 PM
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/thomasberubeg/69678/ribawfxxwc.jpg

Immortius
Dec 26, 2006, 03:28 PM
So.... is it night now or not? Is there still time to hang another? If there is I change my vote to Deathling/Jono

And what happened to voting for that amulet?

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
{I have to assume it is night / no posting time. The hanging scene has been posted even though no one dangled. Can we have a clarification please thomas.b?}

Jono
Dec 26, 2006, 04:50 PM
{Has anyone been lynched?}

Arrr, me ship, how dare ye scurvy dog?! How dare ye?!?! Me furner be ruined! You shall hang today, Hitti-Litti! No shipmaker bin seen since ye all killed Conroe! Not that it would've helped, since ye BURNT it down! Ye be a true landlubber! And what bin done with me plundered goods?.. Yarrr, I be placin' ye with the black spot Hitti-Litti, to Fiddler's Green ye be goin'!

thomas.berubeg
Dec 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
It is Night, But i will count those Votes for tomorrow... (Grillicks escape is as good as a hanging for the rest of you, he's not coming back:so it is like someone died tonight)

Sincerely
thomas

Chandrasekhar
Dec 26, 2006, 06:25 PM
It is Night, But i will count those Votes for tomorrow... (Grillicks escape is as good as a hanging for the rest of you, he's not coming back:so it is like someone died tonight)

Sincerely
thomas

Then is the cross lost to us!?

Bad Player
Dec 26, 2006, 11:46 PM
{I believe so (I had a similar mechanism in NotWs II).}

I hear Grillick's distant voice over the horizon...

"So long, suckers!!!"

Grillick
Dec 27, 2006, 12:17 AM
(OOC: And I will say nothing more in this thread, though I plan to continue following it closely.

Not 'So long, suckers!'...Rather, 'That's what you get!')

PrinceScamp
Dec 27, 2006, 03:12 AM
(OOC: And I will say nothing more in this thread, though I plan to continue following it closely.

Not 'So long, suckers!'...Rather, 'That's what you get!')

{You COULD have taken me with you}

thomas.berubeg
Dec 27, 2006, 10:30 AM
IT is morning... and again, the Villagers congregate and realize there are no dead... but the net maker PrinceScamp is covered in Scars... Scars that were not there the day before. yet these Scars look to be at least a decade old...
Soon the rumor starts that s witch performed a miracle and saved PrinceScamp moments before her death...

IT IS DAY

Hitti-Litti
Dec 27, 2006, 10:37 AM
Witch, PM me immediately!

PrinceScamp
Dec 27, 2006, 12:44 PM
I had just finnished my net when suddenly the wolves smashed down my door, both my windoes and proceded to mall me. I tried to throw a net on them but it was just ripped to shreds! The pain... OH GOD THE PAIN! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! Then as I accepted my imminent death, I felt a strange tingling and suddenly the wolves bolted and my wounds clsoed formnig scars that looked years old.

One of them looked like, IMMORTIUS! (OOC: SP?}

Hitti-Litti
Dec 27, 2006, 12:55 PM
PrinceScamp, my friend, do you have any idea who the healer would be?

We are very lucky to have a witch among us, but unfortunately he hasn't contacted me yet. Ye'll find me at old Flamingzaroc's place.

Jono
Dec 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
Arrr, me vote be to burn he who be mayor! Me furner be burnt!

Hitti-Litti
Dec 27, 2006, 12:59 PM
Me is sorry, Jono. I'm encouraging you to a better life.

Are you voting me because your ship is burnt? We'll, I should vote me because my ship has fallen to dust already!

Jono
Dec 27, 2006, 02:07 PM
Yarrr, Conroe bin fixin' me furner... that be before ye squiffies killed him.

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 27, 2006, 03:48 PM
PrinceScamp, don't lie to no one here. We all know you.

You make the finest nets on this part of the coast, so of course it was your net what saved you!

PrinceScamp you drink free tonight! You hear that all? Any of you who buys PrinceScamp a drink gets his own drink at a full FIFTEEN PERCENT discount!

As for the voting ... Grillick's stunt was worsen' a hanging. Thief gets away, AND he gets away alive and with our wealth. So I guess that's .. a tie? No werewolf, but we did have to get the thief too ... but we didn't have to lose our goods and our treasures.

But now PrinceScamp turns out to be a witch? (No wonder them nets are good.) So are we winning or losing? I gotta admit I don't know much which way to turn. I think I'll ponder on what my customers say awhiles before I vote.

I was gonna say, but I will vote ... and then I realized, we got some Silent Sallys out there again now. Well, I know how I'll vote now, if no one says anything persuasive.

Come on down and buy our poor 'Scamp a schooner now! :beer:

Immortius
Dec 27, 2006, 04:22 PM
I had just finnished my net when suddenly the wolves smashed down my door, both my windoes and proceded to mall me. I tried to throw a net on them but it was just ripped to shreds! The pain... OH GOD THE PAIN! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! Then as I accepted my imminent death, I felt a strange tingling and suddenly the wolves bolted and my wounds clsoed formnig scars that looked years old.

One of them looked like, IMMORTIUS! (OOC: SP?}

That might almost be believable, if you hadn't called for my death twice before with other feeble excuses.

I call for Brisingamen to hang. Too quiet by far.

Brisingamen
Dec 27, 2006, 05:06 PM
remember what happened with Ulyaoth, Conroe? hanging another innocent would only be another victory for the wolves. the outspoken, deceiving villagers are the one to fear. i call for hitti-litti to hang

PrinceScamp
Dec 27, 2006, 08:48 PM
I am not the witch, I have no idea whom he or she may be. I was busy getting mauled by werewolves. THansk for the drink, I have many woes to drown!

My sweet rogueknight...

*drinks self to unconciousness*

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 27, 2006, 10:43 PM
Well, I see none of my customers got any ideas or at least none they're willing to share. At least not yet. So I took s bit of time to review who's been trying and who hasn't. Who is still here, I mean.

The following folks have voted in all three hanging elections.
Bar Girl Immortius
Fortune Teller Brisingamen
Innkeeper Unser Giftzwerg
Netmaker PrinceScamp
Old Captain Hitti-Litti (Mayor)
Pirate Jono (Deathling)
Poet Xuenay

The following folks missed one election
Blacksmith Bad Player
Merchant Chandrasekhar
Tavern Owner Flamingzaroc121
Carpenter -Zoe-

The following folks have missed two elections
Herbalist Nikis-Knight
Detective DueAccident

No one has missed all three elections.

I am going to vote for DueAccident, no offense. If the town would druther hang Nikis-Knight that's ok with me too. And if someone has any solid clues to go on and decides to speak up before we hang someone, that's fine in my book too.

PS: I forgot to mention a thanks to PrinceScamp for clearing up my mistake. Have a :xmascheers:

EDIT: Bolded my vote

Immortius
Dec 27, 2006, 10:59 PM
Very well, I will fall in and vote DueAccident as well.

flamingzaroc121
Dec 27, 2006, 11:31 PM
i vote to hang Hitti Litti

PrinceScamp
Dec 28, 2006, 01:00 AM
*drunken slurr*

i tell you it was Immortiuosszzzz! once that filthyzz wolfz is hangedz I can rest peacefully! Sidez. I'll probablyz get attacked tonightz or tomorrowz nightz.

Hitti-Litti
Dec 28, 2006, 03:37 AM
OOC: Unser, you should bold your vote...

thomas.berubeg
Dec 28, 2006, 08:14 AM
Please Bold Your Votes Or I Do Not Count Them!

thomas.berubeg
Dec 28, 2006, 09:19 AM
Nearabouts midday...

Lynch Votes
Immortius 1 (PrinceScamp)
Hitti-Litti 3 (Jono, Brisingamen, FlamingZaroc)
DueAccident 2 (unser, Immortius)

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 28, 2006, 11:33 AM
Seems like those that plan to vote today have already voted ... unless we got two or three wolves 'holding their fire' so to speak. Then they can pile on with a bunch of votes right at the dealine to sway the election their way. Is that your game wolves?

Well just in case it is here is an updated list. I have underlined the names of people who have not yet voted on the 4th election. I'll wager we'll find our wolves with underlined names.

I am sticking with DueAccident for now. He fits the profile and the detecting has not been very good has it Grilllick? But once again, my ears are open to better ideas...

Bar Girl Immortius
Netmaker PrinceScamp
Pirate Jono (Deathling)
Poet Xuenay

Blacksmith Bad Player
Merchant Chandrasekhar
Carpenter -Zoe-

Herbalist Nikis-Knight
Detective DueAccident

thomas.berubeg
Dec 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
Seems like those that plan to vote today have already voted ... unless we got two or three wolves 'holding their fire' so to speak. Then they can pile on with a bunch of votes right at the dealine to sway the election their way. Is that your game wolves?

I'm going to try to wait until 3:00 eastern time befor posting hangings, but 'twould be nice for people to vote before then

Jono
Dec 28, 2006, 12:49 PM
Arrr, I be changin' me vote to DueAccident! Hitti-Litti, ye've bin warned...

Chandrasekhar
Dec 28, 2006, 12:50 PM

Well just in case it is here is an updated list. I have underlined the names of people who have not yet voted on the 4th election. I'll wager we'll find our wolves with underlined names.

I am sticking with DueAccident for now. He fits the profile and the detecting has not been very good has it Grilllick? But once again, my ears are open to better ideas...

Bar Girl Immortius
Netmaker PrinceScamp
Pirate Jono (Deathling)
Poet Xuenay

Blacksmith Bad Player
Merchant Chandrasekhar
Carpenter -Zoe-

Herbalist Nikis-Knight
Detective DueAccident

Don't be so sure that the wolves are hiding. You've made it pretty clear that anyone that doesn't vote is going to be lynched, and everyone seems to be pretty happy with that. A cunning batch of wolves might all become part of your lynch mob... or I suppose they could split themselves between non-voters and voters. I think such a simplistic method is outlasting its usefulness.

-Zoe-
Dec 28, 2006, 12:54 PM
{OOC: Please don't hang me, I've been Christmassing, haven't been able to get on til now!}

Although I'm half inclined to follow Unser's lead and vote for the quiet ones, I must Abstain from voting this time. {As many people may have struggled to find time to take part over the past few days, like myself.}

thomas.berubeg
Dec 28, 2006, 01:34 PM
{ i know tis a tad bit earlier than i promised, and i'm sorry for all of you who have not voted, but Parents :mad: and Social Gatherings :) will get in the wa of it being any later}

Lynch Totals

Immortius 1 (PrinceScamp)
Hitti 2 (Brisingamen, Flamingzaroc)
DueAccident 3 (unser, immortius, Jono)

A distinctly smaller crowd than usual has gathered around the gallows for today's hanging. Detective DueAccident, bound and gagged, is brought up to tha gallows. the only sound heard is his feet dragging along the Ground. HE is brought up to the noose, and it is placed around his neck. The Gag is removed.
"Now is your last chance to admit you're a wolf." Mayor hitti-Litti Softly says.
"I'm not a wolf. I could have been your greatest asset. i could have helped you catch the wolves," The Detective Sobbed.
"Achh, I cannae take this filthy lien' anymoor." The pirate captain Jono Cries (in a distinctly scottish accent) before jumpin on to the gallows and pushing Due accident down.

Hitti-litti performs the traditional tests one the detective's body... they are conclusive: DueAccident WAS HUMAN!

IT IS NIGHT

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 28, 2006, 01:42 PM
Don't be so sure that the wolves are hiding. You've made it pretty clear that anyone that doesn't vote is going to be lynched, and everyone seems to be pretty happy with that. A cunning batch of wolves might all become part of your lynch mob... or I suppose they could split themselves between non-voters and voters. I think such a simplistic method is outlasting its usefulness.

Well, I have always said this method is what I will use until a better idea comes along. Has anyone come out with a better idea? I am 100% the idea of voting on evidence if someone has evidence. Anyone?

Besides, is this so different than your post yesterday, the 'these people voted for Ulyaoth' / 'these didn't' lists? I didn't think there was much to conclude based off one vote, but I apreceated the effort you put in to sort out who was who for the rest of us.

This is the way I look at it. There are three reasons for humans to be harsh on non-voters.

1) A non-voter is no threat to the wolves. Non-voters can be left alone, meaning voters are more likely to be killed by wolves.

2) Non-voters make it easier for wolves to influence hanging votes their way.

3) Allowing non-voters to live means fewer votes on the rerord which means fewer patters, fewer clues, more opportunities for wolves to hide.

Put it another way, why shouldn't we vote for non-voters?

Right now, pint #2 is looming large. Only ~50% of the voters have voted. Right now the wolves can come in and post at the deadline and hang almost anyone they want. If this happens, I will find those last-second voting patterns most interesting...

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 28, 2006, 01:44 PM
{ahhh crap the GM posted while I was composing my message I am sorry :sad:}

thomas.berubeg
Dec 29, 2006, 01:46 PM
PrinceScamp breaks out at a sprint clear across the village square. Panting and sweating he does not miss a stride as he reashes the gallows and turns swiftly down a side alley. As nearby villagers look with horror from their windows, they see the reason for the haste. Two Werewolves race around the corner behind PrinceScamp, growling and clawing at the ground to catch their pray. As PrinceScamp turns the watchers realise it is too late, a fatal judgment has led him into a trap. The final Werewolf leaps in front of him to bar his path…

PrinceScamp cannot stop himself in time as he cannons at full speed into the chest of the Werewolf. Such a blow would wind a normal man, but the wolf stands its ground as PrineScamp bounces harmlessly to the ground. The scene that follows can only be imagined by the watching villagers as curtains close and they creep further into the safety of their own home. Some curse themselves for their cowardice, others begin to weep openly.

IT IS DAY!!!

thomas.berubeg
Dec 29, 2006, 04:12 PM
{{People are awfully quite}}

Hitti-Litti
Dec 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
Oh my.

What has old good Scampey done to us? Nets. So, who of us doesn't like nets? That's the question.

I shall cast my vote later, though I have few names in mind...

Chandrasekhar
Dec 29, 2006, 05:25 PM
I think it's quite obvious what's been done here. PrinceScamp wanted Immortius to hang... so the wolves want us to hang Immortius. I don't intend to comply with them.

And Unser, the circumstances have changed. Every person killed by a wolf is potential evidence. Every person not killed by a wolf is potential evidence. Smoking out the quiet ones is a great strategy for the opening moves, but we're pretty deep in it, now. If we keep on hanging the silent ones, the wolves are likely just going to vote for random people to throw us off. We need to rethink our strategy.

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 29, 2006, 06:21 PM
I think it's quite obvious what's been done here. PrinceScamp wanted Immortius to hang... so the wolves want us to hang Immortius. I don't intend to comply with them.

And Unser, the circumstances have changed. Every person killed by a wolf is potential evidence. Every person not killed by a wolf is potential evidence. Smoking out the quiet ones is a great strategy for the opening moves, but we're pretty deep in it, now. If we keep on hanging the silent ones, the wolves are likely just going to vote for random people to throw us off. We need to rethink our strategy.

I agree and once again I point out I have been asking people for new ideas since Day 2. Xuenay is the only one to step up to the plate. I want to hear what other people say and yes that includes from people who do not vote. In the meantime do I run around insisting everyone vote for the Silent Sallys? No, I explain my opinion and I cast my vote.

I was going to cast a vote now and explain I expected it to change based upon suggestions from the town. But now I think it is best to for me to just sit back and hear what the rest of you all have to say. I'll be at the Inn.

Jono
Dec 29, 2006, 07:25 PM
Arrr, Immortius be not afflicted (:thumbsup:).

PrinceScamp
Dec 30, 2006, 01:12 AM
{OOC: I was a female, not a guy, thomas.berubeg, remember?)

Immortius
Dec 30, 2006, 01:36 AM
Arrr, Immortius be not afflicted (:thumbsup:).

{OOC: Is that supposed to be a vote in support? There are no votes in favor, so please unbold my name if it is to prevent confusion.}

To my mind, the most significant event of the voting was when Deathling was up for hanging and there was a rapid switch to Conroe. This was especially significant because it was Bad Player's and -Zoe-'s only votes so far. It makes me wonder if Deathling, Bad Player and -Zoe- are all werewolves and they took advantage of Unser's vote for Conroe and my support to save Deathling. Or maybe not.

Of those still alive, many of them haven't voted against any other survivors in the past.

Bad Player
Unser
Chandrasekhr
Xuenay
-Zoe-

The exceptions are:

Deathling: has voted against Hitti-Litti
Brisingamen: has voted against Immortius, Hitti-Litti and Deathling
Nikis-Night: has voted against Deathling
Immortius: has voted against Xuenay, Brisingamen and Deathling
Flamingzaroc121: has voted against Hitti-Litti
Hitti-Litti: has voted against Deathling

What can you read from this? Well, it is unlikely that both Hitti-Litti and Deathling are wolves. Those in the former list are more likely to be wolves who are staying hidden by merely voting in support against humans. But the list also contains vote leaders like Unser.

For now I just vote Xuenay to hang.

Brisingamen
Dec 30, 2006, 09:22 AM
Wisely said Immortius...it is not often that the mists clouding my mind are swept away by somebody other than me...that list of yours=brilliance...I vote to hang Xuenay

Jono
Dec 30, 2006, 09:27 AM
Arrr, ye wench be makin' a good point, Xuenay be thar wolf.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 30, 2006, 09:28 AM
From now on non Voters (ones who do not clearly mark "Abstain") will rack up one automaitc vote against themselves.

Bad Player
Dec 30, 2006, 09:37 AM
I want to point out that I missed voting because I was flying south and not using the internet.

Thomas in NotWs I and II the first post contained a list of who voted to lynch who each day (a summary post). Would you plz be able to do one for us? It would make it much more easy to check conspiracies etc. :)

Hitti-Litti
Dec 30, 2006, 10:06 AM
Chandrasekhar makes a good point, though Immortius looks pretty innocent with her list. So I'll have to decide between Xuenay, Immortius and maybe Deathling.

Deathling has voted for me, but I'm not bitter. Immortius is the one who Scamp thought as a wolf. Xuenay is just too... odd.

I'll cast my vote on Immortius, though I may change it.

Bad Player
Dec 30, 2006, 10:09 AM
If Jono voted to lynch you then I think we can safely say you are not a werewolf! :p

Xuenay
Dec 30, 2006, 10:13 AM
How fast you are to vote in my demise... There is little I can say in my support, it seems. I can at best do so by casting doubt on another - note that
Chandrasekhr was in the first list, and he cast doubt on Unser's method of chosing people, without suggesting any alternative method. That might be hinting of a werewolf trying to confuse things, without doing it so suspiciously as to draw attention to himself. Were he an innocent human, he should have at least spoken of a new way to choose lynch victims.

-Zoe-
Dec 30, 2006, 11:08 AM
I have to agree, Chandrasekhar was strongly against Unser's methods, even early on when we had no better evidence to go on.

flamingzaroc121
Dec 30, 2006, 11:27 AM
i vote for Xuenay to hang

Chandrasekhar
Dec 30, 2006, 11:50 AM
How fast you are to vote in my demise... There is little I can say in my support, it seems. I can at best do so by casting doubt on another - note that
Chandrasekhr was in the first list, and he cast doubt on Unser's method of chosing people, without suggesting any alternative method. That might be hinting of a werewolf trying to confuse things, without doing it so suspiciously as to draw attention to himself. Were he an innocent human, he should have at least spoken of a new way to choose lynch victims.

I have to agree, Chandrasekhar was strongly against Unser's methods, even early on when we had no better evidence to go on.

Was I against him early on? You may recall that I've voted well in line with him from the very beginning. Hardly logical to vote with him and based on his methods if I don't support them. You two seem quite quick to agree on my guilt. Zoe, you'd best hope that Xuenay isn't a wolf. If he is, we'll very likely hang you next.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 30, 2006, 12:33 PM
Early evening
Lynch Votes

Chandresakhar- 2 (-Zoe-, Xuenay)
Xuenay 5 (Immortius, Brisingamen, Jono, Flamingzaroc, Chandresakhar)
Immortius 1 (hitti-Litti)

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 30, 2006, 01:05 PM
Well, I better vote now before I get sucked into another chore and miss the deadline. I cannot say my hunches are any bettter than what's been said. So I'll go along with the common wisdom and vote the Poet Xuenay.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 30, 2006, 02:38 PM
Vote Totals

Chandresakhar- 2 (-Zoe-, Xuenay)
Xuenay 6 (Immortius, Brisingamen, Jono, Flamingzaroc, Chandresakhar, Unser)
Immortius 2 (hitti-Litti)
Bad player 1
Nikis-knight 1

It is evening.

Hours befor the hanging, Poet Xuenay locked herself in a room in the inn. with some consternation, innkeeper Unser asked her if all was well. "Yes, I will come out and be hung when it is time. But for now, leave me be."
Evening came, and she left the room, looking sad, yet satisfied. "It is done, she said, all that is left is to be written by another, i am convinced the village will make it through." her guards peered in, and, on the room's desk lay a thick book. "The History Of Dunwich, that is! It is almost complete, but i willnot be able to finish it. it chronicles the history of our village, all in Verse."
In awe, Xuenay's guards took her to the gallows. Her courage failed her then, and she broke into tears. mounting the gallows, she turned to the pirate Jono "Farewell my love. i could have composed an Epic about you, but the fates were not so kind." The Pirate stared at her in confusion.
The rope snapped tight, and, as the body was brought down, it became apparent that the Village's faithful poet was a HUMAN!

The poet had in her possesion the lyre of Orpheus. the Lyre of Orpheus was the instrument of the ancient musician who’s music was said to calm even the tortured in Tartarus, and to bring a tear to the eye of Cerberus, the three headed guardian of hades. This instrument can be used once as a protection against the werewolves.

It will be the mayor's duty too call an election (secret or open) when he wants.

THE STILL LIVING
Blacksmith- Bad Player
Merchant Chandrasekhr
Pirate -Deathling
Herbalist-Nikis-Knight
Bar Girl-Immortious
Carpenter--Zoe-
Old Captain- Hitti Litti

IT IS NIGHT

Hitti-Litti
Dec 30, 2006, 04:03 PM
(Should this be posted in day-time?)

I'll hold the type of election that people wants.

Nikis-Knight
Dec 31, 2006, 11:32 AM
{Well, I should apoligize for not keeping up with the game. I blame it on the holidays and laziness:()

thomas.berubeg
Dec 31, 2006, 02:39 PM
I am extending the night until the witch contacts me.

thomas.berubeg
Dec 31, 2006, 06:12 PM
MORNING

A sunny day dawned, both literaly, and in the minds of the Villagers... there were no deaths tonight.

IT IS DAY

Immortius
Dec 31, 2006, 06:41 PM
Alas, it seems that my guess was wrong. However, we now have more information to consider.

Hmmm... I'ld say it is likely that at least 2 of the people who voted for Xuenay are wolves. In fact, I'm most suspicious of Jono, Flamingzaroc121 and Brisingamen, although it is hard to pinpoint why.

I'll have to think on it further.

Unser Giftzwerg
Dec 31, 2006, 06:52 PM
:woohoo: Twenty-five percent off every fourth schooner! :dance:

Don't waste your money at Flamingzaroc121's place. I'll think on Immortius' comments too. (But first to witness a gladatorial contest between the Illian Frozen Tundraers and the Midland's Were-Bears.

Have one at the Inn! :xmascheers:

Chandrasekhar
Dec 31, 2006, 08:06 PM
I'll accept your most gracious offer, innkeep. The second night this is that werewolves have not taken one of our number. I hesitate to be so festive, though; I expect they have some motive in doing this.

((On another note, I just watched another gladiatorial match in which some vicious pirates were soundly defeated by a flock of sea-griffons. How sad...:mwaha:))

flamingzaroc121
Dec 31, 2006, 09:35 PM
i'll do a double

25% off EVERYTHING you buy at the good o'l tavern:beer: [party] :band: :cheers: . i will even put out the good matteresses for you and your lady friends;) :spank: :drool: :smoke:

Hitti-Litti
Jan 01, 2007, 04:18 AM
Well well, this situation looks pretty nice now.

I'll hold an public election for the Lyre. You can vote for anyone, even yourself, in this public election.

The situation of voting will be told in this post:

Chandrasekhar 2 votes
-Zoe- 2 votes

I vote for Chandrasekhar to have the Lyre, unless he doesn't want it.

Jono
Jan 01, 2007, 04:20 AM
Avast landlubbers, it be the day I foresaw. Yerr mayor be a failure! It be his time to walk the plank, elect a new mayor! As ferr now, Unser bin a bit suspicious, lynch that thar scurvy dog!

Immortius
Jan 01, 2007, 04:54 AM
I have to agree on a public vote, a private vote would have everyone voting all over the place allowing the wolves to vote as a block and give it to one of their own.

Immortius
Jan 01, 2007, 08:46 AM
{OOC: I'm about to go to bed, dunno if I'll be up before night}

Well, I'm going to vote for Flamingzaroc121 to hang.
I think -Zoe- should have the Lyre.

Brisingamen
Jan 01, 2007, 09:24 AM
:crazyeye: :clap: :woohoo: {OOC: Happy New Year!}

AND NOW A MESSAGE FROM YOUR LOCAL FORTUNE TELLER
(But first to witness a gladatorial contest between the Illian Frozen Tundraers and the Midland's Were-Bears.
Ah, the Midland Were-Bears, pfahh. THe Ilian Frozen Tundras have a bright future...that's were money lies....:D ;) :) :cool:
Now to business...Flamingzaroc121 leads a dark, clouded life...nothing can penetrate the innumerable mists covering his soul...he's hiding something...
Chandresakhar, however, is a pure soul...to him should go the Lyre...to lead us in the fight against absolute evil.........:evil:

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 01, 2007, 10:00 AM
{OOC There was a power surge or something last night. The TV, the PC and a few lamps went out. Now this morning my hard drive won't stop running continuously. I am going to have to shut the #$@$@#$%@#$%@#$!!!!! thing down and get a new $#%^$&**!!!! PC. I have no idea if when I can get back or how often.}

I'm just going to copy Immortius' advice. Don't have time to do much thinking or research.

I'm going to vote for Flamingzaroc121 to hang.

I would like to pre-register an ABSTAIN for tomorrow.

thomas.berubeg
Jan 01, 2007, 11:07 AM
{OOC There was a power surge or something last night. The TV, the PC and a few lamps went out. Now this morning my hard drive won't stop running continuously. I am going to have to shut the #$@$@#$%@#$%@#$!!!!! thing down and get a new $#%^$&**!!!! PC. I have no idea if when I can get back or how often.}

I'm just going to copy Immortius' advice. Don't have time to do much thinking or research.

I'm going to vote for Flamingzaroc121 to hang.

I would like to pre-register an ABSTAIN for tomorrow.

Got it.

Lynch Totals
Flamingzaroc121- 3 (Unser, brisingamen, immortius)
Unser - 2 (jono, Flamingzaroc)
Immortius 2 (hitti-litti)
Bad player 1
Nikis-Knight 1

Hitti-Litti
Jan 01, 2007, 11:46 AM
Please, for the old Sea Captain, vote yerr friends or strangers to have the Lyre. Tie-situation always leaves the other half moaning.

Yarr, and the lynching? Well, we have a hard mission to accomplish, though we have some hints of the wolves. I don't think people are voting for Flamingzaroc for no reason, he always has low prices for grog. And Unser then? Well, I don't know about his honesty in selling business, but I don't think that he is a wolf.

So I still think that PrinceScamp knew something about Immortius that we don't. So I'll vote Immortius to hang.

flamingzaroc121
Jan 01, 2007, 12:07 PM
i vote to hang Unser he is on the defensive way to much

i vote we give the lyre to -Zoe-

thomas.berubeg
Jan 01, 2007, 03:16 PM
Lynch Totals
Flamingzaroc121- 3 (Unser, brisingamen, immortius)
Unser - 2 (jono, Flamingzaroc)
Immortius 2 (hitti-litti)
Bad player 1
Nikis-Knight 1

Tavern owner flamingzaroc121 took one last look at his beloved tavern. his gazed swept over the glasses neatly lined up behind the bar, and touched on the portrait of Lord Falamar he always kept hung over the door. He was bound and gagged by the blacksmith Bad player, for he was known to possess a rare strength.
As he was brought to the gallows, he managed to remove the gag from his mouth. "I am not a wolf!" The rope was passed around his neck, and he fell.

Miles away, the smuggler, Grillick, in the midst of a complex "trade negotiation" felt a sharp pain in his heart, and collapsed, dead.

Flamingzaroc's body was inspected, and, on a chain around his neck, was a familiar silver crucifix. he was not a wolf.

FLAMINGZAROC WAS HUMAN.

Blacksmith- Bad Player
Merchant Chandrasekhar
Pirate -Jono
Herbalist-Nikis-Knight
Bar Girl-Immortius
Carpenter--Zoe-
Old Captain- Hitti Litti

Jono
Jan 01, 2007, 04:25 PM
Had a few questions:
A) Is it night?
B) Can the mayor be overthrown?
C) Is there a chance that the item's already lost its powers?

Chandrasekhar
Jan 01, 2007, 04:26 PM
Is it night? It's been less than 24 hours since morning...

And what of the lyre? I don't want it, for the record. I'll explain more in the morning. Not sure whether Zoe is a good recipient, but if the votes are cast, that's the way it will have to go.

thomas.berubeg
Jan 01, 2007, 05:29 PM
No overthrowing of mayor. (didn't make any rulse for that kind of thing:blush: ;) )
It is night.
the election for the lyre will last until the Mayor ends it, and the same for the crucifix.
About the day being less than 24hrs, well, sorry, but i had to post rather later than i wanted to (the witch didn't answer me soon) i wanted to get the schedule back in order. between 3:00 and 4:00 is the time i am most able to post.

Speaking of timing, should i go into a 48hr day, starting tomorrow?

Sincerely from your loving GM,
Thomas

-Zoe-
Jan 01, 2007, 05:32 PM
{I think 24 hour day is pretty good now Christmassing, New Year, partying etc is all done :p}

Brisingamen
Jan 01, 2007, 05:59 PM
{Yeah, but school starts:mad: :cry: }

Bad Player
Jan 02, 2007, 05:55 AM
Brisingamen why don't you want the lyre?

I'm not sure of who to vote for...

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 02, 2007, 01:12 PM
{Well my monitor and my hard drive and TV conspired to keep me offline. I booted up the PC a few times. It always booted up, though th emonitor didn't always kick on. The hard drive read head could not find its 'home' position, or whatever. The hard drive keep spining like mad and the read head kept smacking into something. Or at least that's what it sounded like. I'm not eager to trash a hard drive so I powered down. Anyway, on one of the attempts the HD wasn't going so nuts and I ran some system softeware and now it seems to be OK. Woulda done is quicker if there weren't 700 bowl games on. Still need a new monitor though.

Since I was on a hot streak I plugged my DVD player back in. It too had stoppped working a bit after Christmas. Pop-the drawer opened and now it's working again too! A festivus miracle. :) Anway, night, back to :sleep:}

thomas.berubeg
Jan 02, 2007, 02:05 PM
MORNING.
The Village awoke to a strange sight. The herbalist, Nikis-Knight, was found dead, clawed apart by wolves. what was a stranger sight was the wolf next to her. There was dried froth at it's lips, and it's body was twisted, as if it was in great pain. it was dead, killed by the witch and herbalist.
By force of the process of elimination, it was quickly established that the Dead Wolf was the innkeeper, UNSER GIFTZWERG.

THERE ARE TWO WOLVES LEFT!

IT IS DAY

The Still living
Blacksmith- Bad Player
Merchant Chandrasekhar
Pirate -Jono
Bar Girl-Immortius
Carpenter--Zoe-
Old Captain- Hitti-Litti

Jono
Jan 02, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hahaharrr, bloody 'ell, I bin right! I be sendin' Brisingamen to hang ferr 'er sins...

-Zoe-
Jan 02, 2007, 03:21 PM
Good grief.......Who would have thought it, Unser, a wolf? I must apologise, I have been defending him throughout, but he has always seemed so keen to defend me too, now I will never be sure why......

Chandrasekhar
Jan 02, 2007, 03:39 PM
How ironic. I was going to say that we ought hang either Unser or the mayor next. Not that I'm sure we should hang the mayor now, though.

Anyway, to explain my statement last evening. I don't want the lyre. Were I to take the lyre, I would know that it wouldn't be in a wolf's hands. However, it might as well be in a wolf's hands for all the good it will do us.

I already have protection from the wolves. In fact, this protection is what saved me from death on the second night, when the wolves tried to kill me. I did not speak of this, as I hoped that the wolves would incriminate themselves by voting me to hang. After a few votes would be tallied against me, I would reveal that I had been targeted and shown to be invulnerable, and I would point at my accusers and say that they were trying to kill me by the only means they could.

Going by this method, I was almost certain that either Zoe or Xuenay was a wolf. However, note that Unser never passed a vote against me. Those cunning wolves must have guessed my plan, and let others implicate themselves. I'll not believe that Zoe is a wolf until I have more evidence.

As for who isn't a wolf, I suppose Hitti Litti may actually be innocent. I'd expect the wolves to try to give the lyre to one of their own to render it impotent, and any wolf would know who the other wolves are. However, a wolf would also know that the lyre would do no good for me, so it doesn't prove that much. I must think further on this.

-Zoe-
Jan 02, 2007, 03:40 PM
Can I ask what protection you have?

Immortius
Jan 02, 2007, 05:03 PM
Makes me regret not being quick enough to switch my vote to Unser at the last minute yesterday. :/

Brisingamen
Jan 02, 2007, 05:05 PM
the chances of surviving are looming within sight on the horizon...oh, joy
however the spirits of the deceased are still clawing at each other and clouding my inner eye with their raging battles...consequently, i will not vote.

Immortius
Jan 02, 2007, 05:08 PM
Your inner eye has never been right in the past anyway, so we're probably better off this way. :P

Brisingamen
Jan 02, 2007, 05:15 PM
PSHAW!
Resounding Slap
Take that

when has my vote ever been chosen?? nobody ever listens to me:(

thomas.berubeg
Jan 02, 2007, 05:20 PM
Now, Now, Girls, play nice!

Chandrasekhar
Jan 02, 2007, 05:32 PM
Can I ask what protection you have?

I happen to have a rather thick coat made with a lining of pure silver, which I've been wearing while I sleep. Apparently silver really does repel werewolves, though I'm not sure how much you need to have on you.

Immortius
Jan 02, 2007, 05:34 PM
The very first lynching, you called for Ulayoth to hang as you saw visions of a dark beast in his future, but he was human. ;)

I find it interesting that Hitti-Litti the mayor was first suggested by Unser

Chandrasekhar
Jan 02, 2007, 09:20 PM
I've been mulling over herbalist Unser's wolfhood, and I've reached some... disturbing comclusions.

Firstly, Hitti-Litti is still very much a suspect. It was he that Unser first stood up for mayor. Why would a wolf want anyone but a wolf as mayor of their village? On the other hand, it could be a cunning ploy. We must also consider that Hitti offered to give me the lyre, when a wolf might be more interested in giving it to another wolf. However, the wolves have known of my protection for a long time, now, so they know that it would be depriving the village of protection, and they might have not anticipated that I'd refuse it.

There's also Deathling. I said a long time ago that if either Deathling or Unser was a wolf, then both of them must be. Unser helped get Conroe hung when it seemed certain that Deathling would die by lynching. Deathling is also very much a suspect, but keep in mind that he supported himself for mayor, against what Unser wanted.

I'm a gambler, not a merchant. I know that one of these people is a wolf, but I won't make the decision as to who. I can only ask that you villagers choose one or the other to hang. Five villagers live, and two of the wolves. Barring an unexpected occurence or the hanging of a wolf tonight, there will be three villagers versus two wolves tomorrow. We'd best make the right decision here, my fellow villagers, or we will almost certainly all die.

Who will I vote for? I really don't know, yet. I've never made such a big deal without spending some time thinking over it. Until I come to some conclution, I hope you'll all weigh in on the matter.

Immortius
Jan 02, 2007, 11:56 PM
Well, the other thing to keep in mind is that when we had the secret vote for distributing the Lyre, Unser voted for -Zoe-. That would seem to be pretty damning if he believed that vote would never become public.

The vote for mayor is interesting - either Unser was hoping to gain support from a human mayor who trusted him, or Unser was bringing in a wolfish mayor who would keep off the radar as much as possible and supply that extra voting power when necessary.

I'm changing my Lyre vote to give it to Jono, for the moment. I don't believe Jono is a wolf because he started the vote against Unser last round. And I'll tentatively vote for -Zoe- to hang.

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 03:31 AM
I don't trust Immortius here. Immortius is a smart guy in RL but here he is acting like a sheep (post 159 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=6); 119 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=6); 98 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=5))
The only post in character with Immortius would be 180 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=9).

Immortius I believe you're hiding something - I'm voting for your hanging!

Chandrasekhar
Jan 03, 2007, 04:07 AM
Hmm... you know, Zoe might really be a wolf. That vote against me way back does weigh heavily. I'll still withold my vote for now, but I think I will vote before dusk.

Immortius
Jan 03, 2007, 05:23 AM
I don't trust Immortius here. Immortius is a smart guy in RL but here he is acting like a sheep (post 159 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=6); 119 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=6); 98 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=5))
The only post in character with Immortius would be 180 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197449&page=9).

Immortius I believe you're hiding something - I'm voting for your hanging!

{OOC: That's 119 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4914925&postcount=119) 98 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4911116&postcount=98) and 159 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4920577&postcount=159). And your post is so out of character it causes me physical pain.}

I don't think there is anyone here who wasn't taken in by Unser's performance at some stage. Including you (99 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4911378&postcount=99)). You have some gall to accuse me when every single one of your lynch votes has been in support of a known wolf - of course, it doesn't help that you've only voted once.

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 05:28 AM
{ooc: Ooc??? }

Immortius
Jan 03, 2007, 05:38 AM
{ooc: Ooc??? }
{OOC: Mentioning RL stuff}

Incidentally, going back to the vote for mayor, of the people still alive:

* Chandrasekhar didn't vote.
* Brisingamen voted for Silverkiss
* Hitti-litti, -Zoe- and Bad Player voted for Hitti-Litti.
* Jono and Immortius voted for Jono.

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 05:56 AM
Whatever it takes to win! :cool:

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 06:58 AM
If I'm right in my theory that you have to have a post count > 0 to be able to send PMs then Immortius can't be a werewolf.

Anyone know more info?

Immortius
Jan 03, 2007, 07:18 AM
If I'm right in my theory that you have to have a post count > 0 to be able to send PMs then Immortius can't be a werewolf.

Anyone know more info?

Nah, you can, as you know from my message.

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 07:21 AM
Ye'll hang yer wolf!

...I'm a wolf. RAWR! :P

Immortius
Jan 03, 2007, 07:31 AM
Now you're breaking the game rules. :eek: :)

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 07:34 AM
We all know I'm joking though...

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 07:39 AM
But I am fairly certain yer of wolf blood Immortius! Follow me good villagers (and not so good villagers!) and hang this foul creature of the night (Immortius :p)!

Immortius
Jan 03, 2007, 08:00 AM
But I am fairly certain yer of wolf blood Immortius! Follow me good villagers (and not so good villagers!) and hang this foul creature of the night (Immortius :p)!

You have such a way with the ladies.

Bad Player
Jan 03, 2007, 08:12 AM
I'm not called Player for nothing. :cool:

Hitti-Litti
Jan 03, 2007, 09:13 AM
Well well, Bad Player, behave yourself. That's proper behavior only for a Pirate and old Sea Captain!

Things look brighter now. One wolf is killed, thanks to might of Herbalist.

To the voting of the Lyre: Now Chandrasekhar leads the voting with Jono and -Zoe- behind. As I was about to give -Zoe- the Silver Crucifix until it got stolen, I'll give the lyre to -Zoe-. Congrats!

And now the voting of another wolf; I'll stick with Immortius. I think that the wolves are cunning, but Immortius made here a mistake, as he ate PrinceScamp for dinner.

OOC:Just in case that 0 post-count has special effects, I suggest that everyone posts on forums that have posts counted, like the main Civ4 forum on "Welcome, New Members" thread.

Chandrasekhar
Jan 03, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hm... looks like it's not going to happen today, but I'lll place a vote to hang Zoe, just so people know where I stand.

Brisingamen
Jan 03, 2007, 02:07 PM
{OOC: school started so i own't be able to post as much}

Seeing as the clouds have dissipated, i will cast a vote. The dice spell Immortius

Hitti-Litti
Jan 03, 2007, 02:30 PM
Actually I have to admit that Chandrasekhar is wiser than me. -Zoe- is a potential wolf, as he was a friend with Giftzwerg.

I'll change my vote to -Zoe- because I know that Chand doesn't vote just for a hunch.