View Full Version : Night of the Werewolves V — Fall of Luchuirp (Game Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jono
Jan 11, 2007, 02:30 PM
Night of the Werewolves V
Fall of Luchuirp

Werewolves prefer to strike at small villages. Big cities have legal systems, and lots of people crammed into one place. A werewolf might be able to cause some havoc there, but he'd be killed before he could even make a dent in the population.

But Baron Halfmorn was in a foul humor, that day in the Luchuirp city of Morr'tebio. Three werewolf spawn he made, and then left them to decide their own fates. They did not have a long time to consider.

Shortly after the Baron left... something happened. No one is sure how or why it happened, but just as the city was preparing for war against the Sheaim, the magical constructs of the city, those golems that the residents relied on so much, went insane.

Golems are very good at what they do. They require no food, no air, no pay. They do their tasks with mechanical precision and efficiency, and they continue to do them until they are stopped. On this day, all of the golems seemed to decide that their task was to destroy the city of Morr'tebio, and destroy it they did.

Rampaging through the streets, killing all in their path, the golems ended many a Luchuirp life. Worse, some golems set about walling the city off from the outside world, throwing chunks of stone and steel around the perimeter.

The destruction came to a stop as quickly as it had begun. One moment, golems were setting about looking for the last survivors. The next, they were back at their appointed tasks, as if they had never stopped.

It has been three years since that day. A ragtag group of residents and outlanders have set about making the ruins somewhat livable, and they've long since reached a steady state of self-sufficiency.

But something is about to shake their little community to its foundations. Three werewolves still live among them, and the wolves have been preparing to strike. This small community must fight for its life, or when rescue finally comes to them, their would-be rescuers will find only werewolves.The werewolves struck with cruelty and cunning. Though the community had a mayor, the true patriarch of the village was an old knight named Sir Argus. A dwarf he was and in the city to see to the war preparations.

When the golems attacked, he singlehandedly slew dozens of them. Many of those now alive in the village owe their lives to him, at least indirectly.

Screams rang through the night. Were they coming from Sir Argus' quarters? The villagers that awakened comforted themselves by muttering that if anyone confronted Sir Argus, it would be them that was screaming.

The more grisly truth awaited them in the morning. At least Sir Argus had put up a good fight. Virtually every piece of furniture in the room was shattered, and a dent in the wall showed where a too-large form had been sent flying.

But even Sir Argus could not fight a werewolf pack's supernatural speed and strength forever. Bloody footprints showed where he had been cornered, and ripped to shreds. The wolves were malevolent in their victory, writing taunting messages on the walls in Sir Argus' own blood.

A guillotine lies in the middle of the new village square. It was knocked over during the attack by the golems, and no one had bothered to put it back up. It stands now, imposing and stolid. It shall be the final arbiter of justice, now. This dread contraption is the only way that the villagers can find salvation. [TAB][TAB]Characters:

Librarian (female, Dwarf — EvilBohdran)

Bard (male, Human — RxP13)

Mayor (male, Dwarf — D'Artagnan59)
Court Jester (male, Dwarf — DueAccident)
Alchemist (female, Human — Arpymaster)
Weaver (female, Dwarf — Brisingamen)
Butcher (male, Dwarf — Master_Hugian)
Baker (female, Dwarf — -Zoe-)
Candlestick Maker (male, Human — PrinceScamp)
Engineer (male, Dwarf — lorgen)
Tavern Owner (male, Elf — gandhi rules)
Bartender (female, Elf — Sureshot)
Lumberjack (male, Dwarf — Hitti-Litti)

Jewler (male, Dwarf — thomas.berubeg)

Guardsman (male, Dwarf — Bad Player)
Thane of Kilmorph (male, Dwarf — sepuku160)

The Mayor's Wife (female, Dwarf — RogueKnight)
Mortician (male, Dwarf — Immortius)

Scholar (female, Human — Xuenay)

Blacksmith (male, Dwarf — Conroe)
Mining Foreman (male, Dwarf — Nero's fire)
Merchant (male, Human — Silverkiss)
Architect (male, Dwarf — Woodelf)
Farm Manager (male, Dwarf — Splime)
Page (male, Dwarf — Inscribed)
Flesh Golem (unknown, Golem — Grillick)
Herbalist (female, Dwarf — Unser Giftzwerg)
Build Instructor (male, Dwarf — truckingpete)

Brewmaster (male, Dwarf — cvlowe)
Enchantress (female, Dwarf — mrssparrow92)

Living

Lynched (Afflicted)
Lynched (Innocent)
Savagely ripped into pieces (Innocent)
Disappeared
Burnt

[TAB][TAB]Rules:

[TAB]Basics:
Each player is assigned a character, called a “Citizen." There are a few odd Citizens which are the Werewolves. The Werewolves know who they are while those who aren't afflicted are completely in the dark on this matter.

Every day the Citizens will lynch one person. Every character will vote publicly and by the end of the day one citizen will have his head chopped off, only then will the public know whether or not he was a werewolf. Afterwards the night phase begins, in which the werewolves savagely rip a citizen into bits and pieces. Rinse and Repeat

The game ends with either the Werewolves being eliminated (in which case the Citizens are victorious) or the number of remaining Werewolves being equal to or greater than the number of remaining innocent Citizens (in which case the Werewolves are victorious).

With your PMs you will find that game is much more complex than explained. With special abilities such as the prophets' and items which may cause unpredictable turns in the game, you will find that the Werewolves may not be your greatest problem yet.

[TAB]Voting:
Werewolf votes:
Form — secret ballot.
Sent — to night GM (Chandrasekhar).
There are no rules demanding the werewolves cooperate, but they are firmly encouraged to communicate with and support each other. Victory is nearly impossible for a squabbling Werewolf tribe.

Lynch votes:
Form — public ballot.
Sent — publicly.
The only voting innocent citizens will be doing.

[TAB]Communications:
During the night phase you are not allowed to speak, play dead for that period of time (if you are dead, don't talk at all). You may however converse through the PM system (unless you're dead). Quoting other players or any other form of mimicking is forbidden (especially when you're dead).

Muttering and Speeches
Your character may make a statement during the beheading procedures. You may make a public speech, in which case you will be identified by your name. Or you may choose to mutter under your breath anonymously. You may not speak publicly and mutter during the same lynching.
The basic idea behind this idea is for fun, to give non-werewolves something to do during nighttime, and to allow all players a bit of participation writing the hanging scenes.
To speak during lynchings, send the day GM a PM using the following format:
Voice: Public / Secret (choose one)
Duration: Before / After (choose one)
Condition: Any condition you can basically think of. If the person beheaded is a werewolf or an innocent citizen; if someone specific talks; if no one else talks...
Text: "Whatever you wish to say"

[TAB]Other:
Active abilities which require you to PM a GM may require you to inform either a night GM or a day of how you intend to use your powers. To clear this, I (Jono) am the day GM and Chandrasekhar is the night GM.

Public transfer of item ownership is allowed. Items found on corpses and such will be sent to storage and go unused.[/color]

Chandrasekhar
Jan 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evening, day one:

The day of the murder of Sir Argus was an eventful one. In the first hours, it seemed that the flesh golem Grillick was doomed to be destroyed as it had been created, but as more voters weighed in, it became clear the the guardsman Bad Player was far more suspicious, and his doom became clear.

Such a turn of events would be more than enough to make the day memorable, but they were not the whole of it. The guardsman would certainly be remembered for being a raging lunatic, though perhaps he can be forgiven for that, considering the circumstances. The jeweler's sudden and inexplicable sickness also would be remembered, as would be his miraculous recovery when exposed to the herbalist's tea (as a side note, how the tea got into anyone's thoat, let alone the jeweler himself's, remains a mystery).

Everyone will of course remember the wife of the mayor's final attempt to save her secret lover, the guardsman. In putting the truth out for everyone to see, she hoped to save his life. But alas, the votes were in, and some were not so sympathetic to the guardsman's situation. The citizens began to disperse from the square as the hour drew close, as it became certain who would die.

One final event shook the remnants of the city, as the librarian, for no apparent reason, was caught lunging at the farm manager with a kitchen knife. She was quickly subdued, of course, but not before she could make it well known that the farm manager was a no-good, lying, cheating, dirty rat of an ex-husband, and the he ought be decapitated on general principle.

Just as soon as that odd happening was concluded, it was time. For though this day would live forever in the memories of those that went through it, what exists in the here and now must be taken care of. The guardsman Bad Player was escourted to the guillotine, and his head was placed on the chopping block. The citizens remaining on the square suddenly hushed, watching with grim anticipation as the life of one of their own hung in the balance.

It is over as quickly as it begun. Before the guardsman could so much as utter a last word, the mayor pulls a lever on the contraption, the blade falls, and Bad Player's head falls to the ground below. For a few moments, there is complete silence as the citizens eagerly watch for a sign that he was a werewolf. None comes. Stillness reigns over the remnants for a few eternal moments, and then the mortician walks up to the dread device and begins to collect the remains for a proper burial.

The guardsman was human. Bad Player was innocent!

That opens the floodgates. "He was but an insane man.." a voice can be heard to mutter sadly. Another, more excited: "It was the golem! and his werefriends, remember the first two to step up with hollow accusations? The ones who turned you all against an innocent man to protect their brother? Grillick, Conroe and Inscribed- there are your 3 werewolves!" A small uproar happens over these words, but soon subsides, as the citizens realize that they don't want to be the last person left in the village square.

Finally, the square is empty but for the vultures, sounding their displeasure at Bad Player's removal. Darkness takes the city, and its citizens rest uneasily in their beds. Today has shown that many in this crisis still keep their secrets, and the citizens must be wondering if those secrets will come back to kill them. Only one thing is certain- the wolves are now free to kill as they will, and the village will have one less citizen by morning.

Jono
Jan 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
Reserved for endgame summary.

Immortius
Jan 11, 2007, 02:59 PM
Alas, I had hoped I'd seen the end of grisly deaths after the golem crisis ended, but it seems that I was wrong. *sigh* Well, I'ld best get started preparing Sir Argus for burial.

Master_Hugian
Jan 11, 2007, 03:02 PM
Sir Argus, no.. How can we survive if he did not...

*Turns away from the bloodied corpse*

We may not survive but by Kilmorph those wolves will die!

Chandrasekhar
Jan 11, 2007, 03:08 PM
{The PM's should be sent. :D Contact me if you didn't get yours. Good luck... everybody.:nya:}

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 11, 2007, 03:12 PM
Land's sake. So much blood. Poor Sir Argus. Well, he died a dwarf, he did. Hmm. Very much blood ... might not all of it be Argus'? Hmm ... if so ... perhaps? Yes, yes. What of this stain? Might it? ... Hmm. Yes, I believe it is. I mean no disrespect, Sir Argus ... by your leave? Better safe than sorry I always say. Land's sake! But what else? I know I've ... these words painted in blood ...

To the library!

Grillick
Jan 11, 2007, 03:23 PM
Hmm.

Sir Argus dead.

Bad, bad, bad.

*walks away*

D'Artagnan59
Jan 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
Sir Argus. Very good man. Would be the next mayor, but he died. Our best hope dead. But let's move on! They NEED me for leadership.

Aha, repair that guillotine!

*goes to repair guillotine*

Splime
Jan 11, 2007, 03:37 PM
These are tough times ahead of us... It used to be so calm around here... What happened with the golems? Why Sir Argus? I remember one particular day, when I woke up and noticed that my farming golems were nowhere to be found. When I went to fetch some breakfast, a golem was about to kill me when Argus killed it. Who would kill such a hero?

Xuenay
Jan 11, 2007, 03:59 PM
In the morning, the scholar slowly emerges from the library where she had been studying old writings, having fallen asleep on an ancient tome as she is wont to do. Hearing all the commotion, she follows the crowd to Sir Argus' house, growing pale in an instant as she sees the carnage there.

"Kilmorph bless... never have I seen a scene such as this, only read of them in old books. Who - or what - could be responsible...?"

lorgen
Jan 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
Hmmm.... The Guillotine`s angle would need some adjustment. It certainly does not give maximum chopping effect. Hmmmm.... And the rope would slide better and not remove force if... Aha, of course . And the launching device might need adjustments. Hmmm. If I .... or.... Maybe that would work. Hmmm.

Os, Sir Angus is dead. It seriously troubles me. I even had to calculate the sliding force of the guillotine twice. And that is easy math. Hmmm... I really have to be upset now. Maybe I`d better get home and calm down with some equations...

Yes, equations are good. The purity of the mathematical logic. Just like golems. Until someone wanted a flesh golem.... Golems can`tbe inflicted with that wolf-disease unless they have flesh. So the destruction of our village has to be because someone crafted flesh into them. Yes, that`s the obvious solution. The golems went crazy cause of the flesh.

Hmm, how to remove that flesh from the golems....

No, got to go and do some equations to calm down.

*throws a pile of horse dungin the mayor`s wifes face, for old traditions sake :lol: * (OOC: Yes, it was fun being the jealous stableboy in NOTW3)

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
(Thin, Weezy, nasal voice) Uhhh, i'm not sure if I really should speak... but ... well... i... do owe my life to Sir. Argus... as do many of us here... i beleive he would have wanted us to... uhh... show proper respect... to his death... to avenge him... and to show proper obseinces to ...uuh... the rites of our lady kilmorph... in respect to these bad happenings... uh... i will close my shop... for a week... carve a funeral mask for... lord...uhh ...Argus... and i will join Unser in the library for some ... information on wolf... uh deterring... jewels... uhh.. librarian.. EvilBohdran, you would not .. uhh... know of such book?

Master_Hugian
Jan 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
The blade on the guillotine is to rusted, here is one of me best cleavers... *work a bit on the guillotine* there we go, will go through skin and bones with ease...

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
(ooc: when do we start accusing/voting on people... or has that started, and everybody is being too much of a wus to actually start?)

Master_Hugian
Jan 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
(ooc: Why don't you start then :p)

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 04:47 PM
(ooc: alright then.)
I.. have pondered upon this for long.. uhh.. hours ... i ...uhh..find Grillicks behavior.. uhh... very suspicious... who...uhh... could show so... uhhh... little... emotion upon hearing of... uhh... our savior's...uhh...death.
it... uhh...that... isn't right

Rogueknight
Jan 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
Oh Goodness Gracious Me, so much to do! The funeral flowers, the speaker at the reception, the casket maker!

*The Mayor's wife pushes through the crowd in a hurry, stepping on toes and bumping into people* Oh, I am sorry! Pardon me dearie! Watch those hands Mister, this isn't open house!

Right, positions. Young Bard RxP13, I want a beautifully written poem, I want you to honour this great man! Go and find Mrs Xuenay and Mrs EvilBohdran for details of his achievements.

Lumberjack Hitti-Litti, we will need wood, you will see my husband for the costs. Go and see that nice mortician and find what he needs for a beautiful casket!

GUARDS! Oh where is he. *The impatient busibody taps her feet awaiting Bad Player's arrival* Have him and Inscribed stand honour guard, theres a good chap. *A coin is placed into a helpful villagers hand*

*The Mayor's wife flitters about making other random orders, leaving most people around bewildered at the rushed instructions. The last words are blurted out as she runs off into the distance*

Theres so much to prepare! D'Artagnan my dear, Where are you?

((Thanks for keeping tradition alive Lorgen :D))

DueAccident
Jan 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
Poor Argus, t'was a brave man,
He liked his meat, especially ham.

Though he didn't expect to be torn asunder,
to the rolling storm of lightening and thunder.

(go go Court Jester, it's not as easy as you may think to act in character ;D)

Splime
Jan 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hmmm... Grillick is a golem... And if it weren't for Argus, a golem may have killed me. I will vote to lynch Grillick... I feel as if all golems have betrayed me.

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 04:54 PM
(bold your Votes, Or They Do Not Count!)

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 04:54 PM
Wise Words... we know.... uhh...what the...uhh... golems... did to our families... Good people... uhh... hang him!

-Zoe-
Jan 11, 2007, 05:03 PM
I too must vote Grillick. Though I cannot possibly have sturdy evidence yet, we need to work together and pick up on any possible evidence or at least teeny ideas, if we have any chance of catching a wolf soon.

lorgen
Jan 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
Uhmmm... That x should not have been the square root of Y unless Z is... Uhmmm.... Oh, that is it. Hmmmm....

Already three voices for the guillotine. Hmmm... I`d vote abstain, but then the corrections in angle, release-method and adjusting the rope would not be tested. Hmmm.... After all, Grillick is a flesh golem. Yes, it would be wise to test the improved guillotine on him. At least some flesh is taken away from the golems, so that they won`t revolt again, yes....

So, if Z is a factor, why is Y not z square? Hmmm.....

Splime
Jan 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
(bold your Votes, Or They Do Not Count!)

{OOC: I editted right after -- it's bold}

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 05:21 PM
{OOC: I editted right after -- it's bold}

:goodjob:

GET YOUR AMULET'S... uhh... Amber... uhh... that's righ! AMBER AMULETS... GET YOUR AMBER AMULETS... LAST IN STOCK... uhhh... it's horrible how we have... uhh...been abandoned ...by ... our lord.. uhh .... berry bawl... no shipments of anything in... uhhh.... 3 years... AMBER AMULETS.... LAST OF THE STOCK.... COME AND GET THEM! ...uhhh three years... it's been ... uhh.. very long...

(OOC: not really selling/giving away amulets, just getting into chracter...:D )

Splime
Jan 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
Quiet! Everybody knows that Farmer Splime's weeds are enchanted, and cheap! A must have for werewolf infested cities!

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 05:42 PM
(ooc: IGNORE, thought better of what i wrote)

Conroe
Jan 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
Sir Argus ... :shake:

* breaths a heavy sigh *

He was a good man!

And it seems we've got a bit of a lynch mob after Grillick. I don't know if that golem be inflicted with lycanthrope or not. But, Grillick seems too obvious to be a wolf ... no ... I suspect it might be one of those hyooo-MANs running around ...

But wait ... Where was our Gaurdsman when this happened to Sir Argus? I say this could not have happened to Sir Argus unless our Gaurdsman BadPlayer were not inflicted!

thomas.berubeg
Jan 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
ACCH, Humans!... Stranger... uhhh... all of them... I don't trust them!

cvlowe
Jan 11, 2007, 05:56 PM
<hic> What is all the commotion? How is a dwarf to make a proper brew and test it with all this racket?

Oh poor shir Argus. A toast to the hero who saved us all.

It must have been that golem, wants revenge I'm certain of it. Off with Grillick's head!

*stumbles back to the brewery*

Inscribed
Jan 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, I will... I will stand honour guard. Atleast I can do that for him...
*Straigthen himself and takes a deep breath*
But there are so much more to be done.
We must make sure the culprints are taken. Sir Argus death must be avanged. I agree with the blacksmith: Sir Argus wouldnt have been killed if Bad Player hadnt been inflicted!

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 11, 2007, 06:10 PM
Land's sake Splime. Don't go selling all your lawn clippings on the first day. Save some you know? The right combinations of herbses of the right aromas and anointed just so is how things are done. Just so, just so. What combinations? Hmm. Time, no time. To lose.

The vote? Yes, oh, hmm? Ah, of course. Grillick? Hmm. Well, yes. I supppose the Guard. First place to look, the Guard. Hmm? Makes sense. Perhaps. Well, time is wasting. Chop off Bad Player's head if you must. There is work to be done.

Splime
Jan 11, 2007, 06:16 PM
Combinations? Herbal rubbish!

Still, we shouldn't be worried over this. If we keep this fighting up, we'll all be dead! Speaking of people being dead, anyone have some way to enchant that guillotine? I've heard those math wizards are havin' a bit of trouble.

Brisingamen
Jan 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
Och...tis a terrible fate that the dear sir Argus met...{wipes a tear away}...
What shall our wee village do?...how to minimize our losses {scratches head}...kill the killer obviously...Grillick to hang...
flesh golems aren't economic and R inefficient...he's never bought even a handkerchief from me...and has he ever bought anything from any of you??? tis bad for the economy that is...lets eliminate any drain on our poor wee village.

{OOC: I'm Khazad dwarf...money, money, money:D}

Sureshot
Jan 11, 2007, 06:42 PM
The flesh golem Grillick is the only thing in town I can imagine could rip a dwarf to pieces, so it should be done away as soon as possible.

Silverkiss
Jan 11, 2007, 06:43 PM
I agree, this damm Golem never bought anything from me either, he doesn´t do good for business around here ! Yes, cut Grillick´s head off !

RxP13
Jan 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
"Argus fought and Argus laughed,
He sliced and smashed and cut golems in half.

When unrest was about, he knew to attack.
Be it through sword and flesh, or pen and fact.

Yet woe was his, and now ours too,
to find him splayed within his room.

Villainous dogs did crawl up hidden as friends,
Stabbing him while he was close and taunted as he bled.

They wrote on the walls vile messages with blood,
about the deed which had by then been done.

Now there are no children at play,
They grieve for the great man who hath passed away..."

RxP13 paused, remembering the great man. Then, with a perk of the soul and conviction, he had a curious thought.

"Since when do golems know how to write so fine? There was a message in Argus' room, written it blood as we all know. We might not yet have heard what the message was, but it doesn't stop it from being written none the-less. Wouldn't one have to know how to write, before writing such a thing in their horrid true form?" Rxp13 paused again.

"I cannot vote without knowing how educated Grillick is. I shall vote for Bad Player, since he was the closest to Argus. Though more knowledge of Garrick would be nice to find my opinion from."

D'Artagnan59
Jan 11, 2007, 06:47 PM
Our Page, Herbalist, and Blacksmith are putting up a good argument.

Grillick may be a golem, but he is not responsible! There is a guardsman in this town. If he had fought against the wolves, he would have died. If he ran away, he would die.

There is only one reasonable scenario left!

Bad Player is one of the three werewolves! It's quite obvious!

Nero's fire
Jan 11, 2007, 06:53 PM
What's this? What's this? Everyone looks like a Calabim Bloodpet come dinner time"

*The Foreman says pushing his way through the crowd to the corpse*

Dear sweet Kilmorph! How could this happen! It must have been those blasted Sheaim, just like how they turned our own golems against us. Never trust anyone above 4 feet's what I always say. Still I don't know about this golem nonsense you all are spouting. Seems to me if a golem did this there would be a lot less... well carnage. But if the mayor says so I trust his judgment. Kill the golem Grillick, and if we are wrong its not like we can't make another.

Silverkiss
Jan 11, 2007, 06:54 PM
Why can´t Flesh Golems write messages ? As far as I know, they can learn new things, writing be one of them ! Im saying, this thing is evil !

RxP13
Jan 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
Why can´t Flesh Golems write messages ? As far as I know, they can learn new things, writing be one of them ! Im saying, this thing is evil !

I share your suspicions as well, I just see the guardsmen much more incriminated than the golem...

I say that the Mayor should disclose the message on the walls though. It might give even more clues, or perhaps at its worse, more questions.

PrinceScamp
Jan 11, 2007, 07:11 PM
*places a single large candle on Sir Argus's grave*

A brave and good fighter. Grillick is the only flesh golem left! Perhaps they masterminded the attack?

Silverkiss
Jan 11, 2007, 07:12 PM
Yes, more information would surely be handy. But I guess we must first bury this poor man´s body with all the honor a hero like him deserves.

flamingzaroc121
Jan 11, 2007, 07:45 PM
Yes i will have to go with Grillick also, and if he turns out to be a ww there will be free drinks tonight

lorgen
Jan 11, 2007, 08:19 PM

* breaths a heavy sigh *

He was a good man!

And it seems we've got a bit of a lynch mob after Grillick. I don't know if that golem be inflicted with lycanthrope or not. But, Grillick seems too obvious to be a wolf ... no ... I suspect it might be one of those hyooo-MANs running around ...

But wait ... Where was our Gaurdsman when this happened to Sir Argus? I say this could not have happened to Sir Argus unless our Gaurdsman BadPlayer were not inflicted!

Hmmm. The blacksmith has a point here. Even if he has a problem of bending the horse-shoes in the right angle, because his math isn`t too good, it is true that it is a bit suspicious the way the gurdsman must have left sir angus. I`ll keep my vote for the flesh-golem, since the factors available for me to calculate are pointing to him, but why did the guardsman leave?

Hmmm...

Have you considered my offer of tutoring you in math? It would be really helpful in your profession, you know... The wrong angle on a horse-shoe is just hopeless...

And think of the swords you could make. With perfect angles and perfect weight.

Hmmm. Getting late, going home to my equations

Master_Hugian
Jan 11, 2007, 11:09 PM
I vote for Grillick as I don't trust these golems, especially one that could be a werewolf.

Grillick
Jan 12, 2007, 12:33 AM
Of all the golems in the city, I was the only one who fought with you. All the rest tried to kill you. Every one who faced Sir Argus perished.

Somehow, I was immune to the curse that turned the golems against us. Was it my flesh? Perhaps. I remember nothing before I was this body. But for three long years I have lived amongst you, and during the time of troubles, when the golems turned against you, I stood by your side.

I helped, when none of your other creations would. In fact, they worked against you, trying their best to kill you. And many of you lost family, I know. But never to me. I have never killed anyone, and whoever killed Sir Argus cannot have been a golem, for Sir Argus is so well-known as a golem-slayer.

Bad Player may not be the killer, but his failure to protect Sir Argus makes him responsible for this fate all the same. Please, everyone listen to reason. Sir Argus could not have been killed by a golem. He was a golem-slayer.

Immortius
Jan 12, 2007, 01:34 AM
It would seem that the events of three years ago still weigh heavily our the minds, that we would so quickly blame a golem for these events. I would ask you all to consider things more carefully, rather than just allow you memories to hold sway.

It is hard to believe that Sir Argus could die without some betrayal - the guard failing to alert him, his page turning upon him with fangs revealed? Who knows. For now I will vote for Bad Player.

Rogueknight
Jan 12, 2007, 02:04 AM
*The villagers could hear the Mayor's wife coming a mile off, the shrill outburst as she hears the latest voting results and quickly waddles into the middle of the crowd*

Oh my word, my husband is away two minutes and the village loses its senses!

Lynch our Guardsman? How could you! After Sir Argus he is one of the few left that can protect us! How are we supposed to feel safe if you take all our defenders away from us? Next you will be saying Sir Argus' squire is responsible for his death too!

Nothing could have been done to save Sir Argus, short of ALL of us going to help him. *The Mayor's wife waggles her finger at the villagers listening* So don't be so quick to judge those of us who were not there in time.

The only way to sort this out is to vote though. So I say, short of any real evidence, which I doubt that we will ever get - Never trust an Elf.

I vote Tavern Owner flamingzaroc121 to have his head chopped off

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 04:06 AM
{As for communications I shall allow Unser's muttering. I liked the idea, adding it to the rules}

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 04:47 AM
[TAB][TAB][TAB]Midday Update
A sword found in the possession Sir Argus was sent to be stored in the barracks. On his way back, Jeweler thomas.berubeg staggered to the ground and was found unconscious near the wreckage which was once the local brothel.

Mayor (D'Artagnan59) — Bad Player.
Bard (RxP13) — Bad Player.
Court Jester (DueAccident) —
Alchemist (Arpymaster) — Bad Player.
Weaver (Brisingamen) — Bad Player.
Librarian (EvilBohdran) —
Butcher (Master_Hugian) — Bad Player.
Baker (-Zoe-) — Bad Player.
Candlestick Maker (PrinceScamp) — Grillick.
Engineer (lorgen) — Bad Player.
Tavern Owner 1 (flamingzaroc121) — Grillick.
Bartender (Sureshot) — Grillick.
Lumberjack (Hitti-Litti) — Bad Player.
Jewler (thomas.berubeg) — Grillick.
Thane of Kilmorph (sepuku160) — Bad Player.
Guardsman 18 (Bad Player) — Grillick.
The Mayor's Wife (RogueKnight) — flamingzaroc121.
Scholar (Xuenay) — Bad Player.
Blacksmith (Conroe) — Bad Player.
Mortician (Immortius) —
Mining Foreman (Nero's fire) — Grillick.
Merchant (Silverkiss) — Grillick.
Architect (Woodelf) — Bad Player.
Farm Manager (Splime) — Bad Player.
Page (Inscribed) — Bad Player.
Flesh Golem 7 (Grillick) — Bad Player.
Herbalist (Unser Giftzwerg) — Bad Player.
Build Instructor (truckingpete) — Grillick.
Brewmaster (cvlowe) — Bad Player.
Enchantress (mrssparrow92) — Bad Player.

Xuenay
Jan 12, 2007, 05:00 AM
While I do not claim to be an expert on the topic of werewolf lore, I do know that golems, even flesh golems, becoming werewolves is unlikely to the extreme. I find myself much more suspicious of Bad Player. Besides, from the signs of the fight, there were more than one of the attackers - this can't be another golem revolt, since Grillick is the only golem we have left. They'd have needed human collaborators... and I very much wonder why our so-called guardsman never went to the assistance of Sir Argus, even though he must have heard the screams? That was his job, after all.

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 05:31 AM
{Grillick isn't the only golem you have left, just the only flesh golem}

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:39 AM
GUARDS! Oh where is he. *The impatient busibody taps her feet awaiting Bad Player's arrival* Have him and Inscribed stand honour guard, theres a good chap. *A coin is placed into a helpful villagers hand*

M'arm? :salute:

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:42 AM

* breaths a heavy sigh *

He was a good man!

Sah my duty to to guard the mayor, his good wife and her booty. :salute:

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:45 AM
Our Page, Herbalist, and Blacksmith are putting up a good argument.

Grillick may be a golem, but he is not responsible! There is a guardsman in this town. If he had fought against the wolves, he would have died. If he ran away, he would die.

There is only one reasonable scenario left!

Bad Player is one of the three werewolves! It's quite obvious!
Sah, the roles of werewolves were randomised not chosen from the storyline.

Are you out to have me killed sah? :mad:

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
I share your suspicions as well, I just see the guardsmen much more incriminated than the golem...

I say that the Mayor should disclose the message on the walls though. It might give even more clues, or perhaps at its worse, more questions.

With all due respect sah, D'Artagnan59 why won't you reveal this clue to the villagers? Rather you let us tear eachother apart randomly. :nono:

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:51 AM
To save my own skin I will have to vote for Grillick but it is a senseless vote on all our parts. The mayor D'Artagnan59 must reveal the clue so we have even just a little direction to get the werewolves!

Immortius
Jan 12, 2007, 07:21 AM
Sah, the roles of werewolves were randomised not chosen from the storyline.

What is this "storyline" of which you speak? Is this all some sort of sick game to you? Are you playing with our lives?

Master_Hugian
Jan 12, 2007, 09:27 AM
I have come to see that perhaps it is not the golems fault, while the guard on the other hand was either not doing his job or is a werewolf!

I therefore change my vote to Bad Player

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 09:29 AM
How does that even make sense Hugian? Allocation was random. :rolleyes:

Xuenay
Jan 12, 2007, 09:40 AM
It seems like Bad Player has lost his mind, talking about allocations and storylines which make no sense to the rest of us. Maybe this is the effect of the werewolf disease, working its way through his brain.

And if you wish to accuse a golem for this deed, why not accuse some other than Grillick, who has proven itself loyal to us? There are countless of mindless golems, blame them instead!

RxP13
Jan 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
What is this "storyline" of which you speak? Is this all some sort of sick game to you? Are you playing with our lives?
Yes, what is this silly idea of Storyline that you speak of. You sound as Perpentach almost. Perhaps this is akin to a mad opera, and ye are the one whom kills? I say that you are most definately insane. Off with his head!

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 09:58 AM
Bad Player {these are for OOC}

Arpymaster
Jan 12, 2007, 09:59 AM

Having watched from afar all the discusions, the alchemist shaked her head... the monsters were in the village and there wHere a lot of people to suffer their presence...

So the important question was... who's a werewolf?

To soon to know... So the next question... whose fault was the death of the Major?

The guardsmen must have help him in the night, not the golem. The guardsmen was paid to protect everybody, not his own flesh... if he had not helped the major, why should he protected anybody else?

Getting dressed in dark clothes (not a good day to wear her more colorfull dresses) the alchemist went to the villagers.

Good morning, fellow citizens... I vote for Bad Player to "leave" our comunity... he's obviously a coward and so he must pay... with his life.

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 10:05 AM
Remember that the Mayor has not revealed the clue.

Remember that if the Mayor dies then the werewolves stand to gain a lot because of increased hangings. Therefore if the werewolves do not slay the mayor at night there are 3 reasons:

1) The mayor is a werewolf
2) The mayor has an item/power to ward off werewolf attacks
3) The werewolves are running a bluff to make the mayor look suspicious.

However the problem with 3) is that there is little gain for the werewolves in making the mayor look suspicious - why get the villagers to hang him when the werewolves can do it themselves on the first night?

If the mayor survives more than a couple of nights then he is a werewolf (unless the werewolves fail to strike one night which means they went for someone with a protective item/power). Mark my words even if I am to fall.

Arpymaster
Jan 12, 2007, 10:14 AM

Turning around to talk to Bad Player

You were on duty last night, weren't you? I think I heard you talking about protecting the major's house... so if you truly were guarding his house, you probably know if he stayed there or not... if he stayed he's not a werewolf.

And when Sir Argus ask for help you didn't help. We won't get any help from you next time. You are of no use. You guard only your life.

lorgen
Jan 12, 2007, 10:34 AM
Remember that the Mayor has not revealed the clue.

Remember that if the Mayor dies then the werewolves stand to gain a lot because of increased hangings. Therefore if the werewolves do not slay the mayor at night there are 3 reasons:

1) The mayor is a werewolf
2) The mayor has an item/power to ward off werewolf attacks
3) The werewolves are running a bluff to make the mayor look suspicious.

However the problem with 3) is that there is little gain for the werewolves in making the mayor look suspicious - why get the villagers to hang him when the werewolves can do it themselves on the first night?

If the mayor survives more than a couple of nights then he is a werewolf (unless the werewolves fail to strike one night which means they went for someone with a protective item/power). Mark my words even if I am to fall.

Hmmm... Is this an excuse to throw suspicion on our mayor? A desperate move to get us to lynch the one that holds this tiny village together? Bad player ought to go to the guillotine for this

Nero's fire
Jan 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
Silly human, our mayor is fine. You've been here for a few years and you still can't tell us apart? If these beasts tore Sir Argus limb from limb then what hope do all of you have for our poor guardsman here. If he would have been their last night we would have had TWO bodies rather then one. I am shocked how quickly we turn on each other. We all know Bad Player reads too many of his fantasy books and every once in awhile gets things "confused" but by no means does that mean he is a were wolf.

As for you Bad Player, do not think your little comment has gone unnoticed. Remember that the mayor was the first to not vote for your head. All you have done here is put our dear mayor in mortal jeopardy. I shudder to think what would happen to us with the lose of our beloved leader.

Hitti-Litti
Jan 12, 2007, 10:38 AM
Poor Sir Argus... I wonder what he did with those logs I brought him. Maybe he used them to make a boat or something. But now it's lost. All is lost. Or is it? No, it isn't. Werewolves will be hung, very soon. Believe me. And I shall help you in this, hard mission.

I'm suspicious about -Zoe- the Baker. Well, it's just a hunch, but it's better than nothing. But even if I vote -Zoe-, who may be a wolf, my vote wouldn't change anything. Bad Player or Grillick will be hung. I think Grillick knows something, and he should be investigated, not hung. Bad Player to be hung!

Now, come my friends, and sing with me:

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and then work all day!
He's a lumberjack and he's okay, he sleeps all night and then works all day!"

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
Combinations? Herbal rubbish!

Land's sake! Rubbish? Well, yes, indeed. Rubbish. Unless annointed just so. Annointed, hmm? Yes. Well, the bloody rag. And the right combinations. In the library, um, before. Seen them. Recipies, er, which book? Hmm? Almost. I feel. Time? Hmm .. enough?

The voting, the voting. Hmm? Good turnout. Yes? Good enough? Hmm.

cvlowe
Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
*comes stumbling out of the brewery pale as a ghost, eyes wide open*

I uh... change my vote to Bad Player

*scampers down the road periodically glancing behind his back*

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 12, 2007, 11:10 AM
Land's sake! The Jeweler! Unconsious, on, um, the street. Should, was anyone doing something? Hmm? Bringing ...shame? Shame on us Khazad? Yes, well, land's sake! Pick it up, hmm, litter, when you see it.

<grinds some leaves under thomas.berubeg's nose>

Mint? Rosemary, um, er.. cloves? Mint clove tea! I will. Hmm? Return, yes, return.

Conroe
Jan 12, 2007, 11:30 AM
Remember that the Mayor has not revealed the clue.It seems I'm a bit confused ... what clue has the Mayor not revealed?

Are you refering to the taunts written in Sir Argus' blood? To my knowledge, these are not clues, but merely taunts. Designed to instill fear in our hearts, I suppose. Go inside and read them for yourself ...

The wolves were malevolent in their victory, writing taunting messages on the walls in Sir Argus' own blood.

And yes, I agree with our Herbalist. Let us get poor Thomas out of the street! Let's take him to the tavern before our Mortician Immortius comes along and gets a bright idea ...

{OOC: Does this mean Thomas is out of the game? Or do we need to do something to revive him?}

Silverkiss
Jan 12, 2007, 12:33 PM
Oh my, my, the Jeweler unconscious ? My, my, let me see if I have some tonic to help him amidst my goods for sale...

Chandrasekhar
Jan 12, 2007, 12:55 PM
Your jeweler is quite alright, just a mite sick for some reason. I'm sure that one he wakes up {wakes up}, he'll be as good as new.

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
<returns with a steaming richly aeromatic mug of piping hot tea>

Poor thomas.berubeg. Land's sake. This will set him right.

<pours the tea on the Jeweler's crotch>

Him? Hmm. Her? Little matter. Yes? Herbal medicine? To the? Er, rescue!

Conroe
Jan 12, 2007, 01:13 PM
<pours the tea on the Jeweler's crotch>

Him? Hmm. Her? Little matter. Yes? Herbal medicine? To the? Er, rescue!I would like it stated for the record:

Should I lose consciousness, I don't want Unser coming anywhere near me! ;)

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 01:16 PM
Within moments of Unser Giftzwerg's herbal tea being poured down his throat, the Jewler wakes.

Brisingamen
Jan 12, 2007, 02:08 PM
Aye, ye all making a good point...how does a wee guard help us if he can't even save our beloved leader {wipes a tear away}...either Bad Player's a werewolf or he's a leak on the economy...to die and me mind will be at rest.

Brisingamen
Jan 12, 2007, 02:10 PM
IGNORE, forum lag...

woodelf
Jan 12, 2007, 02:13 PM
Aye, A guardsman who can't protect the people is like a vote of guilt, I say BadPlayer must die.

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
Oh... um, throat, ok. Land's sake!

thomas.berubeg
Jan 12, 2007, 02:25 PM
Och...tis a terrible fate that the dear sir Argus met...{wipes a tear away}...
What shall our wee village do?...how to minimize our losses {scratches head}...kill the killer obviously...Grillick to hang...
flesh golems aren't economic and R inefficient...he's never bought even a handkerchief from me...and has he ever bought anything from any of you??? tis bad for the economy that is...lets eliminate any drain on our poor wee village.

{OOC: I'm Khazad dwarf...money, money, money:D}

Spoke like a true khazad

AHHH!... by the Shards of Barnaxus!, what happened.... ngh... uhh...i was robbed... the damn whores... I... uhh...thought they may ... uhhh...like .... some....uhhh... some trinkets... uhhh... to ...uhh...you know... uhh... help them in thier trade... uhh. i was... beaten and robbed... and...uhh... that hag... (points to unser)... she... uhh... is making everything worse... aaugh... my head hurts....
What'll i do... this would never have... uhhh... happened in the kazak village i was ...uhhh...born in! how is a ...uhh ...law abiding...dwarf... supposed to...uhhh... make a living in this...uhhh...lawless place?

-Zoe-
Jan 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
I must change my vote to Bad Player, the evidence against him seems far stronger than that against any other.

Immortius
Jan 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
And yes, I agree with our Herbalist. Let us get poor Thomas out of the street! Let's take him to the tavern before our Mortician Immortius comes along and gets a bright idea ...

Hey! I only made that mistake once.

Rogueknight
Jan 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
Oh my dear, what evidence is that then? Don't be fooled my dear Baker Zoe, just because most of the village are happy to follow the trend doesn't make it fact.

The facts are as such. To survive we will need people to keep us safe. After Sir Argus Guardsman Bad Player and possibly Page Inscribed are our greatest defenders. It is possible, I concur, that they may have been turned, as it is true of any of us. But to make them your prime target! Foolish dwarves! Keep them in play until it seems that there is no other path to take, do not throw our hopes down the mineshaft!

I will not follow the trend, I will make up my own mind, even if it is for fairly poor reasoning.

Hitti-Litti
Jan 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
So Bad Player will be hung. Good. I think that he may be a wolf.

Rogueknight, I have no evidence against -Zoe-, only the feeling. I may be wrong, but that's life.

OOC: Is the cycle 24-24?

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
Right now it's 48:24, but that could change...

Splime
Jan 12, 2007, 03:59 PM
Hmmm... I personally have a hatred for golems, but I'll let Grillick go -- for now...

Vote change to Bad Player.

Upon observing evidence, Bad Player is more likely to be a werewolf. It would still be nice to get rid of the golem soon though...

mrssparrow92
Jan 12, 2007, 05:58 PM
I vote for badplayer

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:17 PM
I must change my vote to Bad Player, the evidence against him seems far stronger than that against any other.
What evidence???

The only evidence we have is the mayor's clue which he has not revealed.

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
So Bad Player will be hung. Good. I think that he may be a wolf.

You would hang me because I *may* be a wolf? If I am not a wolf will you put yourself up for the next hanging for your bloodguilt? Hmmm?

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
{mrssparrow92, bold your votes}

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:20 PM
Upon observing evidence, Bad Player is more likely to be a werewolf. It would still be nice to get rid of the golem soon though...
Again what evidence? The only evidence is that which the mayor has not revealed to us all.

If I die and am found not guilty will you nominate yourself for the next hanging for your bloodguilt?

Master_Hugian
Jan 12, 2007, 06:25 PM
The evidence that you did nothing while the werewolves killed and the fact that you have shown yourself as partially insane.

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:29 PM
OK Hugan let's make a deal. I go to the gallows because you think I'm guilty. If I am not guilty then you go to the gallows next.

Jono
Jan 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
{Gallows? say what?}

Splime
Jan 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
Again what evidence? The only evidence is that which the mayor has not revealed to us all.

If I die and am found not guilty will you nominate yourself for the next hanging for your bloodguilt?

{OOC: Since we have no real evidence, We have to go by story evidence, or ideas proposed by other townsfolk.}

Would I nominate myself? Are you mad? Suicide is the wrong way to go! If we are to remove the threat of werewolves, we have to start eliminating people who we think could be a threat. {*cough* French Revolution *cough*} Now, if you are to save yourself, tell us what really happened that day, when Sir Argus was killed.

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
Well obviously I can't save myself at this point. :p

Inscribed
Jan 12, 2007, 06:56 PM
Its pretty obvious where he was last nigth. Sir Argus was slain thru treacherouse behavior from the Guards man, and Bad Player used a very long time in arriving to Rogueknigths summons because he had to clean himself. It all makes sense.
Well, except his blabbering.

Sepuku
Jan 12, 2007, 07:08 PM
A grave day this is. The death of our champion is a harsh blow to our small community. At least his death was not in vain, he showed us the evil that has walked among us. May the great earthmother aid us in finding and destroying those abomaniations upon the faith! :mad: While you settle this matter ill go prepare the sending rituals for Sir Argus

Sepuku
Jan 12, 2007, 07:15 PM

* breaths a heavy sigh *

He was a good man!

Conroe's aligations seem to fit. Either BadPlayer is a wolf or he will be of no use when they show up again. I vote off with BadPLayer's head, for we have no need of those not loyal to their brothers of the faith! :mad:

Silverkiss
Jan 12, 2007, 07:24 PM
{guys, you are forgetting there is no hanging and no gallows, there are head chopping and a guillotine}

Bad Player
Jan 12, 2007, 07:54 PM
So Mr Mayor why haven't you revealed to us all this clue you have?

Splime
Jan 12, 2007, 07:56 PM
Well, when are we going to get the the head removal "surgery"? I have a farm and a family to take care of, we need the werewolves eliminated!

Of course, BadPlayer might have an explanation, but he seems unwilling to share what happened... Well, his mistake. He probably isn't speaking up -- because he's a werewolf!

Conroe
Jan 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
So Mr Mayor why haven't you revealed to us all this clue you have?You keep referring to this clue that the Mayor has ... I would be very interested in knowing what this clue is, as well. How about it, Mayor?

While we are waiting on him, BadPlayer, can you please explain how you know that the Mayor has a secret clue?

D'Artagnan59
Jan 12, 2007, 09:18 PM
Please, I will announce it sometime.

Be patient, Luchuirp.

truckingpete
Jan 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
Hmmm....All we do is point fingers I see...but of coarse, we all must take sides. There are winners and losers, and some people that cheat or get lucky. But with tools and my brain, I must say, Grillick should be hanged..I too, do not trust flesh golems either, but...who can you trust?

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 13, 2007, 12:29 AM
{Just an OOC advertisement for the Doppleganger Dungeon alpha playtest starting Wedensday. Seven slots are open. 16 playtesters are much prefered over 9, but 9 is certainly enough to go.

Also, They put Creatures. In our Ears! grows closer to release. Expect a game close to the Night of the Werewolves series in terms of puzzle complexity, but without the tremendous variety in settings and special rules. The background story is now available, so now the fun part (building the actual game) can begin.

Check the signature for hotlinks. Post your signup on the UgLe Homepage thread, if interested.

Thank you. :hatsoff: Wenowreturnyoutoyourregularlyscheduledmobhysteria}

Bad Player
Jan 13, 2007, 12:33 AM
It was the Bard who said that the mayor has a clue (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4974732&postcount=42).

Sepuku
Jan 13, 2007, 02:16 AM
What if the mayor doesnt have a clue and is just trying to keep the wolves from killing him to see what it is....Either way I'm interested in what this clue is and if it can help send one abomination on our faith to Hell, then he should speak-up! If not then all I see is someone aiding the wolves.....

Rogueknight
Jan 13, 2007, 04:34 AM
Fine. One does not want to destroy their own reputation over scandal, but in the face of village lunacy there is no other choice. *The Mayor's wife composes herself, mounting the stage next to the guillotine in order to project her voice over the crowd*

Bad Player could not have killed Sir Argus last night because he was with me. All night. In my husbands bed *The Mayor's wife blushes* I apologise to my husband D'Artagnan59 - but your inability to make me feel safe brought me to this, to rest with a stronger man.

His tardiness to arrive at the scene was a ruse to dispel any myth of us being together. Those who say he should have been alongside Sir Argus in death are wrong - none of us worried about the shouts and went to aid him, we only found the body. If you were so worried perhaps you should have sought out the Guardsman yourselves.

If you lynch an innocent man now - be it on your souls.

Bad Player
Jan 13, 2007, 05:19 AM
I think the mayor already knew (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4974665&postcount=39) Rogueknight and wants me dead.

D'Artagnan59
Jan 13, 2007, 08:32 AM
Are you trying to say you're having an AFFAIR with another man?!

thomas.berubeg
Jan 13, 2007, 08:56 AM
abomination on our faith to Hell,

OOc: Kilmorph wouldn't have a problem with werewolves. Junil might, so you can say you follow Junil, but dwarves woud follow Kilmorph.;)

Splime
Jan 13, 2007, 09:00 AM
Rogueknight, that story may clear up some things, but we can't do with a guard that isn't always protecting Sir Argus. That just can't be tolerated.

Plus, I doubt that you knew that Bad Player was there for every single minute...

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 13, 2007, 09:04 AM
Land's sake! Mayor did not you, er, make use of the hmm? Er, the 'vitailty' elixir you, ohh, requested awhile back? I ask because, well, um ... if you had, er, you would know your wife. Um..is female, yes, female. Land's sake.

Well. This is? New ... more than one ... er, plural, yes. News! A witness! Can we ha... chop up Bad Player now? Plural thought I, no, second, second thoughts I had, yes, because maybeBad Player has thought on this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4976726&postcount=67). Not the clue. But about the Mayor, what happens if the, er, um, ah Mayor is struck down?

Not sure, not sure. Land's sake! A bad guard makes Bad Player, maybe? But werewolf? Maybe not. Enough doubt now for plural chance...second! I change my... um... vote to chop off the silent head of EvilBohdran.

Get voting or, er, ahh get shorter!

Bad Player
Jan 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Rogueknight is your wife Mr Mayor. I think you knew we were having an affair. :(

Splime
Jan 13, 2007, 09:23 AM
Land's sake! Mayor did not you, er, make use of the hmm? Er, the 'vitailty' elixir you, ohh, requested awhile back? I ask because, well, um ... if you had, er, you would know your wife. Um..is female, yes, female. Land's sake.

Well. This is? New ... more than one ... er, plural, yes. News! A witness! Can we ha... chop up Bad Player now? Plural thought I, no, second, second thoughts I had, yes, because maybeBad Player has thought on this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4976726&postcount=67). Not the clue. But about the Mayor, what happens if the, er, um, ah Mayor is struck down?

Not sure, not sure. Land's sake! A bad guard makes Bad Player, maybe? But werewolf? Maybe not. Enough doubt now for plural chance...second! I change my... um... vote to chop off the silent head of EvilBohdran.

Get voting or, er, ahh get shorter!

Yeah, Bohdran has been awfully quiet... Maybe later, I think Bad Player is a more pressing matter, but Bohdran, be warned! {OOC: No vote change}

Jono
Jan 13, 2007, 09:33 AM
Afternoon Update
After much persuasion, the mayor finally agreed to reveal the writing on the wall, but the writing on the wall had been scraped off, everyone stood in shock.

Mayor (D'Artagnan59) — Bad Player.
Bard (RxP13) — Bad Player.
Court Jester (DueAccident) —
Alchemist (Arpymaster) — Bad Player.
Weaver (Brisingamen) — Bad Player.
Librarian 4 (EvilBohdran) —
Butcher (Master_Hugian) — Bad Player.
Baker (-Zoe-) — Bad Player.
Candlestick Maker (PrinceScamp) — Grillick.
Engineer (lorgen) — Bad Player.
Tavern Owner 1 (flamingzaroc121) — Grillick.
Bartender (Sureshot) — Grillick.
Lumberjack (Hitti-Litti) — Bad Player.
Jewler (thomas.berubeg) — Grillick.
Thane of Kilmorph (sepuku160) — Bad Player.
Guardsman 14 (Bad Player) — Grillick.
The Mayor's Wife (RogueKnight) — flamingzaroc121.
Scholar (Xuenay) — Bad Player.
Blacksmith (Conroe) — EvilBohdran.
Mortician (Immortius) —
Mining Foreman (Nero's fire) — Grillick.
Merchant (Silverkiss) — Grillick.
Architect (Woodelf) — Bad Player.
Farm Manager (Splime) — EvilBohdran.
Page (Inscribed) — Bad Player.
Flesh Golem 8 (Grillick) — EvilBohdran.
Herbalist (Unser Giftzwerg) — EvilBohdran.
Build Instructor (truckingpete) — Grillick.
Brewmaster (cvlowe) — Bad Player.
Enchantress (mrssparrow92) — Bad Player.

Conroe
Jan 13, 2007, 09:33 AM
It was the Bard who said that the mayor has a clue (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4974732&postcount=42).Well then, here is what the Bard had to say ...I say that the Mayor should disclose the message on the walls though. It might give even more clues, or perhaps at its worse, more questions.This secret clue that you keep going on about is the tauntings on the wall. Written in Sir Argus' own blood! May I suggest that you go into Sir Argus' quarters and read them for yourself? ;) There is no rule or law prohibiting that!

Conroe
Jan 13, 2007, 09:37 AM
Bad Player could not have killed Sir Argus last night because he was with me. All night. In my husbands bed *The Mayor's wife blushes* I apologise to my husband D'Artagnan59 - but your inability to make me feel safe brought me to this, to rest with a stronger man.Now this is an interesting turn of events. :undecide: Frankly, I'm not sure of what to make of it. For the time being, I shall change my vote to EvilBohdran.

Bad Player
Jan 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
Well then, here is what the Bard had to say ...This secret clue that you keep going on about is the tauntings on the wall. Written in Sir Argus' own blood! May I suggest that you go into Sir Argus' quarters and read them for yourself? ;) There is no rule or law prohibiting that!
Um do I just say "I want to read the writing on the wall" to the GMs? :confused: I assumed it was a clue that only the mayor had been told.

Jono
Jan 13, 2007, 09:43 AM
{The writing has been scraped off. Sorry for the half-assed scenes up till now}

Grillick
Jan 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
Bad Player was with another man's wife.

That crime, but not murder.

We must focus on the murderers for now.

EvilBohdran gets my vote, for the herbalist is wise.

Inscribed
Jan 13, 2007, 09:58 AM
If Bad Player was with you Rogueknigth, I still have no choice then to vote for him to be executed. Sir Argus died because of this infidelity, and there is no justification for that!
Even if he is no werewolf, we have no need for a guardsman who does not do his duty.

Splime
Jan 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
Hmmm... now that I think of it, while Bad Player should be punished for deserting Sir Argus, we shouldn't remove his head yet... I've never trusted the librarian... vote change to EvilBohdran!

Of course, I should also point out the the mayor's unwillingness to share the clue lost that valuable information forever...

{Never mind my OOC comments in here earlier.}

Bad Player
Jan 13, 2007, 10:18 AM
Given that the mayor is likely to die soon (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4976726&postcount=67) barring him being a werewolf or having a protective item/power, the mayor had better reveal this clue before nightfall!

Xuenay
Jan 13, 2007, 11:31 AM
Hmm. Hmm. Interesting development, this affair. I am not quite sure of who to vote against... still, Bad Player's words a bit suspicious, thus keeping my suspicion on him. Why would the werewolves have much to gain if the lynchings increased? It is us the villagers who are most likely to benefit from being able to lynch more people - or would somebody support the motion of stopping lynchings altogether and let the werewolves freely take their picks on us until we were all dead?

RxP13
Jan 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
Hmm. Hmm. Interesting development, this affair. I am not quite sure of who to vote against... still, Bad Player's words a bit suspicious, thus keeping my suspicion on him. Why would the werewolves have much to gain if the lynchings increased? It is us the villagers who are most likely to benefit from being able to lynch more people - or would somebody support the motion of stopping lynchings altogether and let the werewolves freely take their picks on us until we were all dead?

"Or perhaps we could just chain everyone up in a basement, and then wait til night to see who turns into a werewolf. Sadly, I don't think we have strong enough chains to restrain such beasties. If only there were wolf pens here like back home." The bard said sarcasticallywith a sigh foreclosing his statement.

"Perhaps employing a buddy system would work, although I suspect no one wants to sleep with another man, or see their spouse doing so. It would be easy to tell from broken iron bonds who the real beast was."

cvlowe
Jan 13, 2007, 01:31 PM

She didn't SAY it, she shouted it to the whole world!

cvlowe
Jan 13, 2007, 01:41 PM
Oh thats a brilliant idea. Chain everybody up. Then when the werewolves change and break their chains they can kill everybody in one night. Or lets assume even the wolves are not strong enough to break the chains. Wouldn't one person need to be left unchained (to chain the second to last person)? Who would you trust?

Jono
Jan 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
{The werewolves could basically take all of you if you were all in one spot}

Chandrasekhar
Jan 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
It's sundown
Day One of the Crisis

The day of the murder of Sir Argus was an eventful one. In the first hours, it seemed that the flesh golem Grillick was doomed to be destroyed as it had been created, but as more voters weighed in, it became clear the the guardsman Bad Player was far more suspicious, and his doom became clear.

Such a turn of events would be more than enough to make the day memorable, but they were not the whole of it. The guardsman would certainly be remembered for being a raging lunatic, though perhaps he can be forgiven for that, considering the circumstances. The jeweler's sudden and inexplicable sickness also would be remembered, as would be his miraculous recovery when exposed to the herbalist's tea (as a side note, how the tea got into anyone's thoat, let alone the jeweler himself's, remains a mystery).

Everyone will of course remember the wife of the mayor's final attempt to save her secret lover, the guardsman. In putting the truth out for everyone to see, she hoped to save his life. But alas, the votes were in, and some were not so sympathetic to the guardsman's situation. The citizens began to disperse from the square as the hour drew close, as it became certain who would die.

One final event shook the remnants of the city, as the librarian, for no apparent reason, was caught lunging at the farm manager with a kitchen knife. She was quickly subdued, of course, but not before she could make it well known that the farm manager was a no-good, lying, cheating, dirty rat of an ex-husband, and the he ought be decapitated on general principle.

Just as soon as that odd happening was concluded, it was time. For though this day would live forever in the memories of those that went through it, what exists in the here and now must be taken care of. The guardsman Bad Player was escourted to the guillotine, and his head was placed on the chopping block. The citizens remaining on the square suddenly hushed, watching with grim anticipation as the life of one of their own hung in the balance.

It is over as quickly as it begun. Before the guardsman could so much as utter a last word, the mayor pulls a lever on the contraption, the blade falls, and Bad Player's head falls to the ground below. For a few moments, there is complete silence as the citizens eagerly watch for a sign that he was a werewolf. None comes. Stillness reigns over the remnants for a few eternal moments, and then the mortician walks up to the dread device and begins to collect the remains for a proper burial.

The guardsman was human. Bad Player was innocent!

That opens the floodgates. "He was but an insane man.." a voice can be heard to mutter sadly. Another, more excited: "It was the golem! and his werefriends, remember the first two to step up with hollow accusations? The ones who turned you all against an innocent man to protect their brother? Grillick, Conroe and Inscribed- there are your 3 werewolves!" A small uproar happens over these words, but soon subsides, as the citizens realize that they don't want to be the last person left in the village square.

Finally, the square is empty but for the vultures, sounding their displeasure at Bad Player's removal. Darkness takes the city, and its citizens rest uneasily in their beds. Today has shown that many in this crisis still keep their secrets, and the citizens must be wondering if those secrets will come back to kill them. Only one thing is certain- the wolves are now free to kill as they will, and the village will have one less citizen by morning.

It is night!
Werewolves, submit your targets via PM to your night GM (Chandrasekhar)!
Public posting is suspended!

Nero's fire
Jan 13, 2007, 02:33 PM
{oops must have turned into night while I was talking}

-Zoe-
Jan 13, 2007, 04:16 PM
{OOC: Would a 24/24 time be better at the moment, seeing as lots of deaths are gonna need to happen before we get to the serious stuff, and its gonna take ages? Just an idea :p :)}

thomas.berubeg
Jan 13, 2007, 05:02 PM
{OOC: i agree with Zoe :))

cvlowe
Jan 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
{ooc: I agree its going to take a while but between work and kids I may not be able to participate every day on a 24:24}

Immortius
Jan 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
{OOC:I disagree on 24/24 because it penalizes my timezone - I found that during the last game 90% of action happen between 2am and 7am for me, with the day ending at ~7:30am}

Chandrasekhar
Jan 13, 2007, 08:07 PM
{Jono and I have spoken about using 36/12 or somesuch, and I would support such a change, but it's ultimately his call.}

Arpymaster
Jan 14, 2007, 05:51 AM
{OOC:I disagree on 24/24 because it penalizes my timezone - I found that during the last game 90% of action happen between 2am and 7am for me, with the day ending at ~7:30am}

{OOC: It happens the same for me I think, as I live in Europe/Spain and I think most players are from America. Maybe 48/12 would be nice - What does exactly mean OOC:D }

Jono
Jan 14, 2007, 06:01 AM
{Out of character}

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 14, 2007, 08:52 AM
{If you want to get in the alpha playtest for Doppleganger Dungeon (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4942222&postcount=9), your time is running out. Player materials are planned for posting this Weds.

I will be running my own games while the Night of the Werewolves series bounces from GM to GM. The first of these games will be very similar to NotW but in a sci-fi settng. They put Creatures. In our Ears! (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4942220&postcount=8) is taking signups.

Many people told me they were interested in forum gaming, but hardly anyone is actually signing up for the games. I'd say it is prudent of me to find out if there been a change of opinion before I sink more time into this stuff.

Sorry to but in again - last advert from me in this thread. :blush:}

Brisingamen
Jan 14, 2007, 09:42 AM
{OOC: Couldn't you do the day 48 while the night changes - its day again after the werewolves contact you?}

Brisingamen
Jan 14, 2007, 09:45 AM
{OOC: Unser, how do you play Doppelganger D?

Hitti-Litti
Jan 14, 2007, 09:50 AM
(OOC: I support 36-12 cycle. It gives time for everyone to be a part of the action, or changes the guys who can't participate in the action.)

Jono
Jan 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
{It's scheduled because it would just be suspicious if someone hadn't been on the boards between sundown and sunup}

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 10:25 AM
{I would support a cycle in which the night is schedueled by a specific time range which starts early enough for those in the east to start, and late enough for those in the west, probably based on the timezone of each participant. That would turn out to be a bit less than 24 hours. As for day, 24 hours sounds good for the early stages, though maybe slightly more if we use a schedueled night. Just my opinion.}

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
{Please, institute the 36-12 cycle.}

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 01:24 PM
{As long as the twelve hours are at a reasonable time. Not everyone can get on if it's, say, 12 midnight to 12 noon.}

Chandrasekhar
Jan 14, 2007, 02:31 PM
It's Sunup
Day Two of the Crisis

The morning brought almost as many surprises as the previous day, and those no more pleasant. Though the citizens had been expecting one of their number to fall to the wolves, they would find that things were not so simple as they thought.

The foremost thing on everyone's mind in the early hours of the morning was the faint smell of something burning; then, a bit later, a familiar crackling noise. The citizens rushed from their homes with the early light of the sun, and they found a building ablaze.

Of course the thought had come to the villagers that they might want to take some weapons from the barracks located near the town square, but then the thought occured to them that if a sword and decades of training hadn't saved Sir Argus, what chance would they have? No, it would be far more prudent to just pretend that those barracks didn't exist, and to use the guillotine and their own wits to destroy the werewolf threat.

But they could not forget the barracks now, as it was the barracks that were ablaze. Worse was the fact that someone was trapped inside. With some effort, a body was pulled from the flames, but he had been dead before they had started. A gaping wound from a sword decorated jeweler thomas.berubeg's chest, and the coldness of his body showed that he had been dead long before the fire was started.

Tragic as his death might have been, it implied something far worse. Though a sword may do no good against a werewolf, it might do quite well against a normal citizen. Someone had the means and the will to kill a citizen that was neither wolf nor convicted by the due process of the law. A new threat looms before the villagers; one separate from, though easily as dealy as, the werewolves that currently plague them.

But that was not the half of the surprises awaiting the villagers. After the panic surrounding the burning barracks subsided, another panicked voice could be heard. "Where's my wife!? Where's Rogueknight!?" She was found quickly enough. A crumpled, bloodstained heap lying against the house she and the mayor shared, the deep claw and bite marks in her made it clear that her assailant was very much a werewolf.

And while the citizens still mourned over the death of their matriarch, one final surprise awaited them. They found him in a back alley, facing the wall and talking absently to himself. His face may have not been visible, but the scar tissue he tenderly tested with his fingers could only belong to one person. The guardsman Bad Player stood very much alive, and neither he nor anyone else would admit to knowing how this was possible.

Now the citizens face yet another day of accusations and surprises. Another citizen will be dead before nightfall, and his blood, for good or ill, will be on the hands of those who remain.

It is daytime!
Submit your votes for decapitation!
Public posting is allowed!

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
flamingzaroc121 seems very suspicious. Rogueknight voted to lynch him, and now Rogueknight is dead.

These events are shocking. Welcome back Bad Player!

Perhaps I should explain the librarian's behavior last night. Long, long ago, We were husband and wife, but then some wretched friend convinced her that I was a false husband. Had I not been warned earlier, she would have stabbed be very soon. Actually, I could easily suspect EvilBohdran as a werewolf or criminal...

Then there's that flesh golem. It may be physically challenging for a golem to be a werewolf, but he could be that homicidal criminal...

{Still no votes though}

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 03:01 PM
(reeking of alcohol)
I may just have had too much to drink... But I could swear I saw Badplayers head separated from his body just a few hours ago. How is this possible?

Sepuku
Jan 14, 2007, 03:26 PM
Well maybe Bad Player will use this second chance that The Great Earthmother gave him to do his job.....and the fact that flamingzaroc121 voted for Rogueknight to die then she just turns up dead is suspicious...or it could have been EvilBohdran, after all shes proved that she could kill somebody.....I will ask the Earthmother for guidence on these matters.......

(no vote yet)

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 03:30 PM
:sad: :( :cry: My wife... Dead. Am I next?

But wait! She cheated on me! I'll just marry someone else.

And the guardsman's back! There IS hope!

But how? His head was severed from his body. :confused:

-Zoe-
Jan 14, 2007, 03:46 PM
Wow, am I confused now. Two deaths in one night, a reverse-death thingy, it's all very strange. Whoever killed thomas deserves to die, for bringing even more trauma to an already suffering village. How I wish I had some clue as to who that may be....

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
Wow, am I confused now. Two deaths in one night, a reverse-death thingy, it's all very strange. Whoever killed thomas deserves to die, for bringing even more trauma to an already suffering village. How I wish I had some clue as to who that may be....

Well, what do we know? He was killed, then sometime later somebody set the building on fire. And somebody around here is missing a sword.

And on top of that, the wolves chose Rougenight. Why her? was it something to do with her affair? or because of the vote she cast?

For that matter, Dartagnan59- where were you the night Sir Argus was murdered? We know where you were not. To top it off you don't seem to have much grief for your poor dead wife- already talking about remarrying...

(no vote yet)

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 03:54 PM
I do not trust EvilBohdran.

Grillick is innocent. He is a golem. It would be very challenging for a golem to be a werewolf. Therefore, EvilBohdran gets my vote.

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
Grillick could still be a murderer... {OOC: Do we get two votes, or just one?}

Still, EvilBohdran looks incredibly suspicious after last evening.

{Ignore vote, changed mind later}

Grillick
Jan 14, 2007, 04:05 PM
Don't think anybody's missing a sword.

Plenty of swords in the barracks.

Anyone with any foresight would've used one of them.

I promise, I've never killed anybody, or anything. I wasn't programmed that way.

Bad Player's resurrection is strange, though.

Who has the most cause to object to adultery?

The rightful spouse, for one.

But also the clergy. sepuku160, I think, killed Rogueknight.

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
Grillick, I had concern for my wife, so I'm innocent.

Grillick
Jan 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
((That whole quote is italicized. Furthermore, Jono said in his rules posting that quoting other posts wouldn't be permitted. Furthermore, I didn't vote for you.))

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 05:22 PM
Good.

Mental note to self: Don't quote in this game.

And I was at the tavern with my good friend flamingzaroc having a drink.

Conroe
Jan 14, 2007, 06:01 PM
{OOC: I was under the impression that only the quoting of PMs was prohibited. But that we were allowed to quote a public posting. Could we get a clarification on this rule?}

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
While the Mayor is talking to the Thane, he disappears, leaving D'Artagnan59!

{OOC: I agree with Conroe.}

Then, the Mayor returns and D'Arty returns to his home world of Earth.

Silverkiss
Jan 14, 2007, 06:28 PM
Well, even not liking it I must agree with what the Golem said, the clergy doesn´t like adultery, does it ? sepuku160 must be a werewolf, and RogueKnight´s murderer !

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 06:37 PM
Good point about the swords being stored in the barracks! I don't know if the librarian's a wolf but seems to be a likely candidate for the murderer.. Especially considering Thomas' comments about the women and the way she attacked her ex husband...

Still- back to the main issue at hand. Who was the only one of us who had access to whatever was written on Sir Argus walls? and later we find the writing gone. Badplayer accuses (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4976726&postcount=67) him of being a wolf, and gets his head chopped off, in spite of the proof he was not a wolf. His wife announces to the whole town she was having an affair- and the next day- killed by the werewolves... Sure you asked where she was this morning- that proves nothing, if you did have her killed it would be a good act. Then you are so quick to brush it off- "But wait! She cheated on me! I'll just marry someone else." You almost sound happy. If you loved her enough to marry her- even if she did have an affair any person would be devastated.

I don't have proof- there is a lot of circumstantial evidence though. I would like some confirmation from flamingzaroc121 on your alibi.

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 06:43 PM
Wait...

Golems may have attacked us before, but I trust Grillick. I believe he is innocent. But I don't know much of our librarian. I know our Thane hates adultery. Our librarian... Don't have much of a clue about her. The only time I talk to her is when my friends aren't there.

So it is my town's duty to change my vote to sepuku160.

flamingzaroc121
Jan 14, 2007, 06:43 PM
what do you mean my alibi, if i wanted rougeknight dead, i would have convinced you guys to vote for him.

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 06:47 PM
Whoah!!!! the mayors wife rougeknight was a man??? That changes EVERYTHING!

And D'Artagnan59 said he was with you at the tavern having a drink while Sir Argus was killed. That's the alibi I was talking about.

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 06:51 PM
And that was just my furious side.

Don't get on it.

Of course I was devastated. That's why I went somewhere quiet for a while.

And now I'm happy that the burden is off my back.

And my first post about that is. See the facial expressions.

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 07:11 PM
I guess, now that I've been convinced otherwise, that EvilBohdran is not the werewolf or murderer. She should at least be restrained though.

Also, flamingzaroc seems to be an obvious frame. Unless I see otherwise, I'll go along with the mob for sepuku160.

{Are we still going for 48-hour-long days?}

{Ignore votes, changed later}

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
Whoops, whoever meant she. She's female.

Our Tavern Owner is innocent in the Werewolf Hunt.

I'm an optimist.

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
What proof is there that Sepuku is a wolf? I have seen none other than "lets get the priest." Not even circumstantial evidence.

So unless I see something solid to change my mind, I am voting for D'Artagnan59

woodelf
Jan 14, 2007, 07:36 PM
Our jeweler was butchered very professionally so I vote against the Butcher, Master_Hugian. He always looked shifty to my eyes.

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 07:36 PM
The priest would kill RogueKnight because...
wait a second...
Wow, I'm confused. I'll stick with sepuku for now, and will wait for further evidence.

{EDIT:} On Woodelf's evidence, I would assume Conroe to be the murderer. Conroe is the blacksmith, and works around weapons a lot... {Vote change}

{Ignore votes, changed later}

Conroe
Jan 14, 2007, 07:46 PM
Splime, the Jeweler was run through with a sword, not bludgeoned with a hammer. :crazyeye:

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yes the jewler was murdered, but not by the wolves. They don't need swords. Or do we do two votes, send two people to the gallows? one for the wolf and one for the murder?

Chandrasekhar
Jan 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
{I believe that quoting of public posts is still allowed. You're not revealing anything, you're just reminding everyone of what has been said. It's a whole lot better than "see post 78" or whatever.

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 08:07 PM
Uh Conroe -- you make swords. Thus you're a suspect.

Grillick
Jan 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
The mayor seems very keen to dispel suspiscion from himself.

I change my vote to D'artagnan

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
Grillick! All I've done is defend you! If I hadn't done that, you'd be DEAD!

And what do I get in return from you? What?

A VOTE TO BE LYNCHED!

INGRATE!

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 08:35 PM
What a temper! Didn't get much sleep last night, huh?

Where was that anger when your wife admitted to her affair? To the WHOLE town no less!

Where was the anger/grief when you found her dead this morning? Oh a brief moment, then happiness that now you can re-marry. Very suspicious.

And just WHERE WERE YOU the night Sir Argus was killed? If you were in your house and not out killing our great hero you would have known about the affair.

Conroe
Jan 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
I must say, it is quite a conundrum of events that has taken place overnight. Honestly, I'm not sure of what to make of everything ... with the resurrection of our Gaurdsman, clearly one amongst us has powers not of this world.

And the untimely death of Thomas ... :hmm: ... and after he fell ill yesterday ... makes me wonder if those two events are related. Honestly, I do not know. But it seems to me that Thomas' murderer may actually be able to help us. This vigilante is obviously brave enough to traverse outside at night. Perchance shall he or she skewer a werewolf one night? We can only hope ...

I don't totally understand what happened last night, but I say the business of this day is to send a werewolf to the guillotine! And there is one amongst us that has been acting mightly suspicious this morning ... the Farm Manager, Splime!

Just after sunup this morning, he stood before us all (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4984565#post4984565) and named three villagers that he suspected of lycanthrope ... yet he decided against casting any votes. Once someone else cast the first vote, Splime was all to ready to jump on the bandwagon and vote for EvilBohdran. Ahhh, but then a lynch mob formed calling for the head of Sepuku160. Splime then decided to change lynch mobs and vote for Sepuku160! And now, Splime has decided that I am the vigilante (a weapon against the wolves!) and calls for my head.

SOOOOOOO many votes changes in just a few short hours ... it is enough to make one dizzy.

Now I am not going to stand before you good people and state that I know Splime to be a werewolf. For, I have no such proof. But at the very least, our Farm Manager seems all to eager to do the bidding of the werewolves!

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
I admit. I was not in the house.

I was at the inn talking to the proud denizens of this village.

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 08:44 PM
The inn is not open all night, and the innkeeper already spoke up and did not confirm your alibi.

edit:

In fact he called your wife a man... Very odd... Then again he is only an elf...

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 08:45 PM
{This is in response to Conroe} I realize this, and it was mainly to think out loud. I'm a simple farm manager who doesn't make decisions easily. First, I voted for EvilBohdran, and without any evidence, this seemed like the best choice.

Then, when I switched to sepuku, that was because our mayor made that decision. Then I realise my mistake in judgement.

So why do I vote for your execution? Which, you don't fool anyone, you're only voting against me because I did the same to you... I vote against you because you are the only person to have anything to do with swords, and it seems like one of our dead were killed by a sword.

{EDIT:} Wait a second... is your speech made in order for others to change their opinions? Much like I changed mine? You're desire is to change everybody's votes against me, isn't it? A little hypocritical, that somehow, if someone is going to change their opinion and vote for me, they're alright, but if I change my vote to you based on later eveidence, I'm guilty? Your argument is flawed.

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 08:47 PM
I was very tired. I don't remember. I was in such a state of shock that one of the three main citizens died.

Now I am the only surviving main citizen left! I am your PATRIARCH! Your only hope of survival!

I was not at my house or the inn.

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 14, 2007, 08:58 PM
Hmm? Well, yes. I have ... thought ... on ah, things, and well perhaps we know more than, er we, we suspect. But er, not plural, one thing - first thing! First thing first, land's sake!

The votes, they, oh, the votes don't make much, hmmm... sense. Guessing. Me? EvilBohdran gets shorter and be done, with the ohh, guessing.

What might help the whatsis, er, guessing? Some reminders by, to? for to help. Hmm, maybe.

Sir Argus' had a sword.
thomas, sounds like, brought it to the barracks.
thomas passed out, knocked out? Said it was whores. On his way back
Is Sir Argus's sword murdered thomas?
Was thomas trying to steal the sword?
Or watching it? Or something about the sword?
And thomas was born in a different town.
Coincidences or clues?
If just coincidence ... will sword murder strike each night too?

Also, whispery muttery person with big wind.
Mutter mutter Grillick Conroe Inscribed mutter mutter
Frame? Sort of obvious yes?
Who muttered?

Why Rogueknight torn apart?
Would wolves care about affair?
Coincidence or clue?

And who repaired Bad Player?
Clergy? Then why hang?

Forgeting stuff? Hmm?

Conroe
Jan 14, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'm a simple farm manager who doesn't make decisions easily.You seem to make them rather easily (and quickly!) this morning! ;)

{EDIT:} Wait a second... is your speech made in order for others to change their opinions? Much like I changed mine? You're desire is to change everybody's votes against me, isn't it? A little hypocritical, that somehow, if someone is going to change their opinion and vote for me, they're alright, but if I change my vote to you based on later eveidence, I'm guilty? Your argument is flawed.My speech was made in order to explain why I am voting for you. Like Unser, I can be wordy at times. {Sorry, Unser! :lol:}

You voting this morning has been ... shall we say ... wolf-ish? And your reason for voting for me is that I am the vigilante and I might kill one of your wolf friends. Like I said ... wolf-ish!

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 09:04 PM
OK people.....

We have 2 seperate tragedies going on here...

Are we voting for who we think is a wolf?

Or are we voting for who we think killed the jewler?

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
How could a Thane repair a severed head?

Conroe may be blacksmith, but he might not be the killer.

He could be an accomplice. Like the one who made the sword.

But he could not.

And our page could be a suspect.

Still, my vote stays the same.

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 09:17 PM
About Thomas... Lots of suspicious activities there a few plausible candidates for the killer. Did anybody think to check his body for signs he was a wolf? He was stabbed through the chest, then left in a burning building, but didn't somebody mention his body was cold? Very odd, would think he would be... umm... err... well done...

As for the mayor- I did not want to vote without giving him a chance to defend himself, but his answers kept raising more questions... Now he admitted he lied about his whereabouts on the night Sir Argus died, and still we do not know where he really was... And his wife and her lover- both killed on the same night? And why was she outside the house and not inside? So many odd circumstances. Could the wolves be framing him? Anything is possible. But then why would he lie?

So for now my vote stands. I am willing to change it if somebody can provide some compelling evidence of his innocence.

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 09:20 PM
Check Thomas's body to see if he's a were... What?

I just remembered! We have a mortician! He did not check if he was a werewolf! He was avoiding suspicion! Therefore...

I change my vote to..

Immortius!

Now, this is secure evidence about Immortius being our man!

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 09:25 PM
My reason for voting for you (Conroe) is over the death of the jeweler.

When I said I don't make them easily, I meant by myself. I admit, I follow the evidence that gets laid out.

Now listen. I was in town for a lot of time this morning. If I had only come in later, I would've been able to see the big picture. However, I make my decisions based on the evidence I see. When new evidence comes in that changes my suspicions, I don't stubbornly keep my vote which looks really odd.

{This is pretty fun. I find weakness in your argument, you find weakness in mine, etc.}

{EDIT:} Also note how the mayor changes his vote multiple times...

D'Artagnan59
Jan 14, 2007, 09:29 PM
Aah... I think about much in my life. I take dear time, sometimes jumping to a conclusion. And when I review all possibilities, I find our best culprit.

Who is Immortius.

Didn't review body.

So by the order of the Mayor...

Check the body of thomas_berubeg!

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 09:33 PM
Exactly D'Artagnan59, exactly. Might I point Conroe to this also...

By which I mean, changing votes quickly isn't necessarily a symptom of wolfhood.

Conroe
Jan 14, 2007, 09:40 PM
{EDIT:} Also note how the mayor changes his vote multiple times...Yes, Splime, I have noted it and I do agree with you on this point.

Exactly D'Artagnan59, exactly. Might I point Conroe to this also...But whereas our Mayor goes off on wild tangents, you seem content to jump from one lynch mob to the next.

As I said, I do not know if you are a wolf. But I find your actions this morning highly suspicious. But I give you my word that I shall keep an open mind ... someone much smarter than I may come along and shed some light on the events of last night ...

Splime
Jan 14, 2007, 09:44 PM
OK, well that's fine then. Also, many things this morning have been suspicious. Last night, EvilBohdran was suspicious. This morning, flamingzaroc seemed suspicious, as did Grillick. I know it's suspicious, but isn't anyone who's active in these arguments suspicious? Hell, isn't everyone suspicious in some way or another?

Your argument does make me seem to want to change my vote again... {:lol: lol} However, your job does make you suspicious. I'll come back to this later. {I'm going to bed, and when I get back up, I can look at the big picture, not my "wolfish" activity :lol:}

cvlowe
Jan 14, 2007, 09:47 PM
As Immortius has not spoken up since this morning, I assume he's checking the body as we speak...

Hardly compelling evidence.

As for splime and conroe, why not discuss the evidence then vote, instead of switching back and forth many times. Remember we are talking about taking a life here- should not be taken lightly.

Nero's fire
Jan 14, 2007, 10:19 PM
What's this? Its barely past noon and we are at each other throats again! We all know that Immortius tends to oversleep during the day, the requirments of the job I guess. Kilmorph knows he has good reason to have stayed up all night fretting over wether those things would come prowling around his house.

Splime and Conroe have been yelling at one another for hours now. My guess is that Splime is still a litte ticked off since his hoe broke a day after Conroe fixed it up.

Sir Argus dead little over a day ago, quickly followed up by the deaths of three other dwarves last night. Is this suspect to no one else? The mayors wife was the sole voter against the tavern owner and now she lies dead. It is no coincidence in my books that pointy eared tree hugger flamingzaroc121

Further why would a dwarf want to kill our Jeweler. It makes no sense. Those outsiders though are out to destroy us. They are playing us off each other. I've been saying this for years and yet nobody listened. They caused those golems to run amoke years past and this is how they plan to finish us off.

truckingpete
Jan 14, 2007, 10:21 PM
(wakes up from all the commotion going on in the village, yet feels refreshed)

Whoa, that smell!?! *looks around* *stands in awe**looks around all the ashes of the building*
The barracks! What..what..happened? *sees dead body with a sword stuck to it*
It couldn't be! *begins to think*

Hmm..very strange, what has happened? This doesn't look like a killing of a flesh golem....hmm..interesting....but who can you trust...that is the thing...I say Grillick should be off with his head!!

Jono
Jan 14, 2007, 11:34 PM
{Tavern Owner can't play any more, does anyone feel like replacing him?}

Immortius
Jan 15, 2007, 01:24 AM
As Immortius has not spoken up since this morning, I assume he's checking the body as we speak...

I remind you all my usual realm of expertise is preparing corpses for burial, I'm not an apocathery or doctor or somesuch. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that Thomas was no wolf - wolf-sign is so obvious a child could spot it. There's barely a need to check anyway - a sword wound like that couldn't possibly kill a wolf.

Arpymaster
Jan 15, 2007, 03:04 AM
Alchemist (female, Human)

When the alchemist saw the destruction of the barracks she felt nothing... but the corpse of the jeweler was something else. He hadn't been killed by werewolves but by a murderer.
Later hearing the wife of the mayor was dead shocked her. She couldn't believe it!!! And seeing Bad Player moving around almost kill her by a heart attack.

I'm sure why the werewolves killed the wife of the mayor. If she had been with her lover, our guardsman, she was human. As we knew her to be human, we would not have killed her, so she had to go. Had I known before the guardsman was with her on the night Sir Angus was murdered, I wouldn't have vote for him...

But now I want answers!!!

WHERE WAS THE MAYOR TWO NIGHTS AGO!!! He wasn't with his wife, but he also LIED when he said he was in the tavern! If he's such a LIAR, I don't want him as the mayor

Next, I want to know what was written in the walls the first night. Again, I think it was the MAYOR who read the messages... I want to know WHO read those messages!

And finally, I want to know HOW IS IT POSIBLE that Bad Player is still walking among us! Is he a new flesh golem? Who has the power to bring back the dead?

Please, fellow citizens... we must clarify this questions... they are a priority!!! Don't be fooled with nonsense acusations... first things first... let's not forget this things

Does anybody know if the stolen sword was special?

Inscribed
Jan 15, 2007, 05:46 AM
Special?
How do you mean?

But I do agree that we should clarify the questions. We obviously took the wrong man last night, he even came back!
I have to say, I do belive the killer is of less concearn to us then the wolves. The wolves are more dangerose then a simple killer, and if he is a vigilante, he will also stop as soon as the wolves are dead!
But I will not vote at this time, I obviously made my decision to soon yesterday. But I will vote soon

Bad Player
Jan 15, 2007, 06:03 AM
It's good to be back! :D However now that I am above suspicion the werewolves won't want me to live too much longer I think. :p

I have 2 questions:

1) How did the bard know that the mayor had a clue (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4974732&postcount=42)? Noone else knew this and I haven't seen anything to say the mayor had the clue.

2) Why isn't the mayor revealing the clue? He may well have a very good reason not too but if he dies before revealing it then that harms us all.

Arpymaster
Jan 15, 2007, 06:33 AM

After some more thinking the alchemist cried with horror

WHERE IN HELL WAS THE MAYOR LAST NIGHT WHILE THE WEREWOLVES DISMEMBERED HIS WIFE?????

cvlowe
Jan 15, 2007, 06:41 AM
WHERE IN HELL WAS THE MAYOR LAST NIGHT WHILE THE WEREWOLVES DISMEMBERED HIS WIFE?????

Good. I'm not the only person who wonders where the mayor has been the last two nights in a row. And why was his wife outside her house, knowing werewolves are running around? Is it maybe she was in the house, saw him changing and tried to run away?

Immortius
Jan 15, 2007, 06:57 AM
At this stage I'm inclined to believe the mayor is merely incompetent rather than malicious, but if things go on like this...

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
The werewolves are ... smelly, stinkers .. hmmm ... smellers. Well they know, er, when prey is, ah alone. Could do, no one, hmm ... safety does, ah, not lie in... plurals numbers. Maried, notplural, eight kids all, um, the same.

Other reasons, yes, ah, to wonder about the, mmm, Mayor. Though.

Immortius
Jan 15, 2007, 07:55 AM
For the moment I will vote for EvilBohdran, but this is extremely cursory. I will probably change my vote later, after some more thought.

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 08:00 AM
OK, time to think about possible suspects, and make a final decision...

First there's our mayor. He's a suspect because his wife, who cheated on him, died last night. Of course, that seems to be too obvious.
Then there's the mad librarian, who tried to kill be last night. However, she seems to just be insane over killing me, not people in general.
There's the Thane of Kilmorph, only because the mayor's wife was a false wife. But wouldn't the thane let nature punish her?
Of course there's the blacksmith, but it's rather weak evidence to say he is a suspect because he makes the instrument that killed the jeweller. However, we need to know, did the blacksmith have any customers recently?
There's the mortician, but I don't see the link there.
Of course there's me, but that's because numerous events have changed my opinion.
Finally, there's that flesh golem, and I've always hated golem. Racist? Maybe. I still have strange suspicions...

In my opinion, the two main suspects are Grillick and D'Artagnan59. However, Conroe, have you sold any swords recently, or otherwise provided people with swords?

{My votes are cleared, Vote Pending}

cvlowe
Jan 15, 2007, 08:18 AM
Wasn't it established that the jeweler was killed in the barracks? Where we had hundreds of swords stored? I would say its a stretch to accuse the blacksmith at this point.

And who are you trying to vote for anyhow? the murderer or the wolves?

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 08:21 AM
Getting the murderer is more important (If the murderer is killed, only one person gets killed per night. However, one werewolf won't change the deaths per night.), but my suspects are for either one. That's a good point about the barracks. Anyway, do we have anyone who witnessed anything going on at the barracks?

cvlowe
Jan 15, 2007, 08:26 AM
The other question then is- how do we know there will be a murder every night? Somebody obviously had it in for the jewler- he fainted earlier the day, could he have been poisoned? When that didn't work maybe somebody decided to take more direct action. For that matter, why was he in the barracks in the first place and not at home?

So many questions, so few answers...

Arpymaster
Jan 15, 2007, 08:33 AM

I'm thinking that the only reason apart from being a werewolf for the mayor to not be at his home two nights in a row is... HE'S CHEATING ON HER WIFE ALSO!!!

Your wife was brave enough to step to the front and admit her infidelity. If you don't say the same, I will vote you, "Mayor"

By the way, can someone explain how is it posible for the dead to grow "new heads", or at least to join head and body?

Bad Player
Jan 15, 2007, 08:34 AM
Why is/did someone murder someone else? Was it a one-off vendetta? Is s/he trying to get the werewolves or some other motive for serial killing?

Brisingamen
Jan 15, 2007, 08:54 AM
D'Artagnan59 is suspicioius enough...Where was he the last two nights...even if we don[t kill a werewolf, a liar is bad enough...

D'Artagnan59
Jan 15, 2007, 09:02 AM
I was not in my house or the tavern. I could not have been in the town square or Sir Argus's. Therefore, I was in a male's house. But who?

And I was risking my life wandering in the town square the night my beloved wife was killed.

Oh, just reminding you:

I am your patriarch. Save me for the wolves.

Jumping from lynch mobs is a very bad habit of mine.

Master_Hugian
Jan 15, 2007, 09:05 AM
The evidence, or rather lack of it, is mounting higher and higher - Yet through it all D'artagnan seems to be surronded by questions in which he does not answer, so I vote for his head!

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 09:07 AM
How can we believe you mayor? You've never been where you should be, have you? You weren't near Sir Argus, and you weren't in your own house! I think it's D'Artagnan59 who I will send to the head remover.

Arpymaster
Jan 15, 2007, 09:08 AM
I was not in my house or the tavern. I could not have been in the town square or Sir Argus's. Therefore, I was in a male's house. But who?

And I was risking my life wandering in the town square the night my beloved wife was killed.

Oh, just reminding you:

I am your patriarch. Save me for the wolves.

Ok, you were not in your house... nor in the tavern... obviously you weren't either at Sir Argus's house the night he was killed. So where were you the first night?

Last night you were not at your home nor the tavern... what were you doing exactly wandering "alone" (mock voice-or "with 2 friends") last night?

Maybe, maybe you are not a werewolf. But you could be the person that killed the jeweler because you have already said you were not at your home.

I will soon vote for you, Mayor, to have the chance to "grow" a new head.

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 09:51 AM
Unofficial vote tallies:
D'Artagnan59: 8 votes
EvilBohdran: 4 votes
Master_Hugian, Immortius, Splime, Grillick, Flamingzaroc: Each have 1 vote.

{Updated to post #240}

Hitti-Litti
Jan 15, 2007, 09:56 AM
Well well, Bad Player is alive. So we should lynch EvilBodhran. If D'Artag would have been a wolf, he would have re-killed BP.

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 09:58 AM
D'Artagnan couldn't have killed BP, because BP came alive at the same time as the killings occurred. Unless you know something we don't...

Hitti-Litti
Jan 15, 2007, 10:13 AM
Me? No, I just thought that D'Art could have seen BP rising from the ashes. I don't know anything extra. If I would, I would tell you.

So, farewell! I'm going to work again!

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch.
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping
And has buttered scones for tea.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 15, 2007, 10:16 AM
Swords Swords! Land's sake. Sir , er, Argus' sword! His sword , um, well thomas and Sir Argus' sword, hmm, linked. See it? thomas brought it, ah, to the, um, the bin, the barracks. thomas unconcious. thomas dead, with, ah, by sword. Hmm? Linked. thomas and, ah, not any old, hmm? Not any sword, Sir Argus' sword. Blacksmith? Land's sake! Not weaponsmith, um, blacksmith.

and thomas, ah his body was, er, cold. All cold. Dead ah ah awhile. Murdered, there? Or...brought, uh, dragged there?

Fire? To burn thomas? Hmm? Or to ahh, ruin, burn other weapons? Now sword-killer owns the, ah, the only weapon? In town? Land's sake!

And what, how, the mutterer? The muterer, er at ah, the oh, pre-re-heading of Bad Player? Mutter mutter fake clue mutter. Who? Hmm? Who fueds with, ah, Conroe, Inscribed, and ... ahh, ... Grillick?

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 15, 2007, 10:25 AM
Thinkings while I am, ah, away. I must ... um, hunt? No... gath... gather! Gather herbs, roots, um tubers, growie things. Suspicious? Hmm... more susicious not , uf, if I said nothing, no mention but still, well, left. Back soon.

{Unless shovelling heart attack fells me. :aargh: Jono, I am going to create a substitute player thread. Advertize there perhaps?}

Arpymaster
Jan 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
I vote for D'artagnan59

The only explanation I could find for him to be out last night are:
- He's a werewolf. He killed Sir Argus two nights ago, and last night when he changed into a monster his wife saw him and run for her life, but didn't make it because his fellows where already waiting for him outside.
- He's a murderer, he left home to kill the Jewler and his wife follow him, thus found the werewolves
- that he's resurrecting people. As I don't believe this, I say we take him down.

He hasn't revealed the reasons why he left home
He hasn't told us what was in Sir Angus house (the writings)

Conroe
Jan 15, 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't know if the mayor is a wolf or not ... But for those of you voting for the Mayor's head, please keep in mind the rumored consequences (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4951182&highlight=mayor#post4951182) of the Mayor's death ...

-Zoe-
Jan 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
I don't know if the mayor is a wolf or not ... But for those of you voting for the Mayor's head, please keep in mind the rumored consequences (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4951182&highlight=mayor#post4951182) of the Mayor's death ...

You make a good point, that's definitely not what we need this early on. But then again, if the Mayor is a wolf, how can we help that? I am tempted to vote for Grillick, his character seems suspicious, and we so nearly voted his yesterday, before the mass change to vote Bad Player, and that got us nowhere. Yes, I'll vote Grillick.

DueAccident
Jan 15, 2007, 11:00 AM
I have some queries...

-Why was Thomas in the barracks in the first place?
I don't think he could have been killed and taken there... So just what was he doing? He might have been seeking protection from the wolves, but surely he'd know the weapons aren't much of a defence against 3 wolves...

-Why was the barracks on fire, and why was Thomas cold?
Perhaps to burn the evidence, though it is highly odd, surely it'd have been better to try and move the body away from the town instead of drawing attention by burning a large building.

-I don't believe the blacksmith is to blame for the murder, as the barracks are full of weapons.

-Where has the mayor been, and what is happening to him?
He wasn't with his wife... He has also lied about his whereabouts once, he wasn't at all bothered about his wife dying, why won't he reveal the clue on the wall?
He will not tell us where he has been..so I believe he is the murderer as he is highly suspect.

-What happened to cvlowe? He came out of the brewery, pale as a ghost and changed his vote strangely from Grillick to Badplayer.

-What actually happened to Badplayer? He needs to tell us what happened and how he...is still with us..

Grillick
Jan 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
Killing 2 per night is just because of ties.

The mayor breaks ties.

As long as we are united, we won't have that problem.

Besides, if the mayor is a villain, better he be dead than choosing the outcome of our tied votes.

-Zoe-
Jan 15, 2007, 11:15 AM
Vote change: I feel I must change my vote to D'artagnan.

Silverkiss
Jan 15, 2007, 11:32 AM
Altough I still think our Thane here is a suspect for the murder of our mayor´s wife, I must agree with the evidence and change my vote to D'Artagnan59, as there are many unaswered questions about him.

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 11:34 AM
{Previous unofficial vote tally updated to post 238}

Inscribed
Jan 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
While our Mayor seems to have many unanswered questions hanging over him, I do not think its a wise idea to chop his head of! We need our Mayor in this dire situation we have ended in.

I think we need to ask ourselves this: Why was RogueKnigth killed?
I belive I have a theory. What if she was killed due to the infidelity with Bad Player? Not in anger, but as a insidous plot to get the Mayor killed by our own hands! He would be very suspicious, after all. But it would not have been wise of the mayor to have his wife killed if he was the werewolf, as he would have been the the first in line of suspects.

We need to be clever about what we do, cause it seems these wolves are clever about what they do! Do not just take what you see at face value! Are we certain we are not being duped?

I will vote for EvilBodhran, if mearly to try and save our Mayor! but I am sorry to do so....

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 12:07 PM
A mayor isn't very useful if he's never where he should be. Also, he isn't useful if he's a werewolf either.

Inscribed
Jan 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
We should stil be weary of being duped, even if he isnt a very useful mayor. We shouldnt play into the wolves hands. That, to me, is the gravest mistake we can do.

Unser Giftzwerg
Jan 15, 2007, 12:21 PM
<returns to town with a bag of weeds and a tree branch>

Suspicions persons, I am back as, promising. Now more suspicions. Not ahh who-suspicions, what-ahh-suspicions. Land's sake! Sneakyness. Some people, or maybe ahh, elves, are as high as things. But why?

Our Mayor is, um, up to things. But hmm? But ... is not sneaky about it!? Admits being oh, out, roaming at night. Mysterious alibis. Is, does, wants the Mayor to lose his ... hmm, head? Fish smell! As high as things yes, but, well, maybe the 'things' is, different, er, not a 'werewolf things'? Embarrasing things?

Land's sake! Mayor smell, smells of fish, maybe, yes, not wolf?

Goloms. :scared: Many rememories badly. Is to ahh, be, er, to be expected. Only umm, ooh, ... five years ago. Three. Three years ago. Riots, er, the goloms. Now, Grillick, so many votes so, ah, so fast to chop Grillick. And someone, the muttering person. Again, muttering chopup Grillick.

Land's sake! Someone, someones? want, the ahh goloms dead. But for because being up to high things? For , er, well... sneakyness reasons not werewolf reasons?

Xuenay
Jan 15, 2007, 12:24 PM
The scholar looks at the other villagers and then looks down, obviously in the middle of some sort of internal struggle. Finally she looks up, and when she does so, her expression is grim.

"It seems a bit too convenient that the mayor's wife is killed just when the affair is revealed... but as others have pointed out, that is a nearly too obvious. I do not, in all honesty, believe that our mayor is one of the werewolves, but I shall vote for his lynching anyway. Why? As has been pointed out, if the mayor dies, we'll be killing two people at a time whenever there are ties. This is a good thing. If we villagers kill someone, there's a chance that we'll get a werewolf killed. If the werewolves kill someone, there's no chance that a werewolf will die in it. Therefore, it benefits us villagers if we lynch more people at a time... but for that to happen, the mayor must first be removed from power."

"I'm sorry, D'Artagnan59. I had no ill will against you, but I do not wish our whole town to die in the hands of werewolves, either. It is in times such as these that tough choices must be done."

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 12:27 PM
Unofficial vote tallies:
D'Artagnan59: 9 votes
EvilBohdran: 4 votes
Master_Hugian, Immortius, Splime, Grillick, Flamingzaroc: Each have 1 vote.

{Updated to post #244}

That's brilliant thinking there Xuenay. In future, we could get two executions per day... excellent.

{BTW, is this still a 48 hour day?}

Chandrasekhar
Jan 15, 2007, 02:40 PM
{It's still 48 hours as far as I know.}

Splime
Jan 15, 2007, 02:42 PM
Somehow, It doesn't seem like much else will happen, seeing as at least 2 hours passed without a single post here...

Chandrasekhar
Jan 15, 2007, 02:49 PM
{There's been, what, 18 votes? If even half of the remainder show up and vote, we could be looking at a very different picture here.}

cvlowe
Jan 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
We should stil be weary of being duped, even if he isnt a very useful mayor. We shouldnt play into the wolves hands. That, to me, is the gravest mistake we can do.

Didn't somebody whisper your name yesterday? Curious...

There is only one person in town who we know for a fact was not home for the last two nights, and who has lied about his whereabouts both nights. It is possible he is being framed, but if he is a wolf, his wife would HAVE to go- she already told us he was not home night one, and in dying that he was not home last night either. They killed her just outside the house- if he was home, surely he would have heard SOMETHING...

D'Artagnan59
Jan 15, 2007, 03:02 PM
Now, I am visiting the temple to pray to Kilmorph.

Well, I can't be with my wife in the Promised Land because she would not be there. She commited adultery.

And I remember more now.

I WAS in my house. I DID hear something.

I have a horrible memory.

And to think the one I was protecting all this time would be the one who would lead this mob.