Through-fares from 68 UK towns and cities to continental Europe now available on eurostar.com
Eurostar.com is linked with the ticketing systems of seven UK train operators including Virgin Trains, First Capital Connect, National Express East Coast, East Midlands Trains, Chiltern Railways, Hull Trains and London Midland, making international rail journeys to mainland Europe easier and more seamless.
Travellers in cities such as Leeds, Leicester, Cambridge, York and Birmingham can now simply go to eurostar.com and book one fare valid for the entire journey from their local mainline station to their continental destination. They then collect their tickets from the self-service ticket machines at the station just before starting their journeys.
Travellers can also start their bookings on First Capital Connect and East Midlands Trains websites, from where they will be directed to eurostar.com.
Standard class, return fares to Paris, Brussels and Disneyland Resort Paris start from just £67. There are up to 17 connecting rail services a day to Paris and up to 10 a day to Brussels.
Through-fares also include travel on London Underground for those passengers needing to transfer from Euston and Marylebone stations to St Pancras International.
If travellers miss a train due to a late-running connecting service, they will be able to travel on the next available Eurostar or domestic train at no extra cost.
Through-fares are available up to 84 days in advance in line with the standard booking horizon of UK train operators. Travellers without website access can also purchase tickets via Eurostar’s Contact Centre on 08705 186 186.
Eurostar and UK train operators will extend the range of through-fares to the stations of more British cities in mid-to-late 2008, as well as extending sales to more websites. They will also launch through-fares from continental towns and cities for business travellers and holidaymakers heading inbound to destinations across Britain.
- ends –
Notes to Editors:
1. For a full list of the 68 towns and cities with Eurostar-UK train operator through-fares to mainland Europe as well as lowest standard return fares and fastest journey times (includes half hour Eurostar check-in and transfer times) go to:
2. Eurostar operates services to mainland Europe from St Pancras International station, which is connected with seven UK train operators serving St Pancras itself, next door King’s Cross and nearby Euston. These operators include:
St Pancras: East Midlands Trains, First Capital Connect
King’s Cross: National Express East Coast, Hull Trains
Euston: Virgin Trains, London Midland, First Scottish Rail
London Underground lines include: Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City and Circle.
3. For travel to Disneyland Resort Paris, and to any station in Belgium, the fares are the same price as for Brussels / Paris.
4. Eurostar journey times on High Speed 1, the UK’s first high-speed line, are:
London – Disneyland Resort Paris 2h 35min;
London – Brussels 1h 51min; and
London – Lille 1h 20min.
5. Fujitsu Services has been responsible for connecting Eurostar and UK train operator ticketing systems.
6. All Eurostar journeys are now carbon neutral at no extra cost to travellers. Under its ‘Tread Lightly’ environmental initiative, Eurostar has set a target of reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 25% per traveller journey by 2012. Independent research has shown that a Eurostar journey between London and Paris / Brussels generates one-tenth of the CO2 of an equivalent flight.
7. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel across the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
8. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains and competes with airlines; Eurotunnel operates road vehicle shuttle services between Folkestone and Calais and competes with ferries. Eurotunnel also operates the Channel Tunnel itself.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office +44 (0)20 7922 4494, email@example.com
For a library of Eurostar images please go to www.eurostarimagery.co.uk and register.
Press release archives
20/12/07 - Book your summer in provence: Eurostar opens ticket sales for avignon
18/12/07 - Through-fares from 68 UK towns and cities to continental Europe now available on eurostar.com
17/12/07 - Eurostar gets ready for Christmas at St Pancras International
12/12/07 - Eurostar named "World's Leading Rail Service" at 2007 World Travel Awards
19/11/07 - Eurostar launches services from Ebbsfleet International, serving 10 million travellers across southern England