The crop inputs we provide maximize plant growth and enhance the nutritional value of food.
Our retail farm centers, distribution facilities and production operations contribute to economic growth in the communities we serve. The various agronomic services help agricultural businesses grow and prosper.
We are dedicated to enhancing the value of our company through expansion and acquisitions that provide shareholders with a secure and growing investment.
As a company, we’re committed to growth, building on a solid foundation that dates back to 1931.
- Cominco Fertilizers Ltd. enters the fertilizer business.
- Borger (Texas) Nitrogen Operations begins production.
- Vanscoy (Saskatchewan) Potash Operations begins production.
- Carseland (Alberta) Nitrogen Operations begins production.
- Joffre (Alberta) Nitrogen Operations begins production.
- Cominco Fertilizers Ltd. enters the public market.
- Crop Production Services (CPS) acquired.
- Nu-West Industries and Western Farm Service (WFS) acquired.
- Cominco Fertilizers Ltd. changes its name to Agrium Inc.
- Agrium establishes its international presence under the trade name Agroservicios Pampeanos (ASP).
- Viridian Inc. acquired; Redwater (Alberta) Fertilizer Operations (commenced operations 1968) and Fort Saskatchewan (Alberta) Nitrogen Operations (commenced operations 1983).
- Rasmussen Ridge (Idaho) Phosphate Mine acquired.
- Kapuskasing (Ontario) Phosphate Mine begins production.
- Unocal agricultural products division acquired.
- Profertil S.A. begins production in Bahia Blanca, Argentina.
- Astaris Production LLC assets acquired (Nu-West's Conda, Idaho phosphate operation)
- Imperial Oil Canadian Fertilizer Distribution Assets acquired.
- Expanded South America Retail by acquiring additional facilities in Argentina and Chile.
- Nu-Gro fertilizer technology and professional products businesses acquired.
- Royster-Clark acquired, doubling Agrium's retail presence.
- ESN capacity at Carseland increased to 150,000 tonnes.
- Certain fixed assets of Pursell Technologies Inc. (PTI) acquired.
- Acquired a 19.6 percent equity position in a Chinese specialty fertilizer company, Hanfeng Evergreen Inc.
- Construction of a world class nitrogen facility to be located in Damietta, Egypt with completion in 2010.