- all the transparent and robust storage features of GNU Arch
- direct support for URLs - one command can check out or merge from remote locations
- integrated GPG support - zero setup for most signed archive situations
full compatibility with tla - drop in and start using
faster than tla for checkouts, commits, and most local operations
svn-like diff, switch, import, export, and log commands
- explicit tracking of conflicts, preventing accidental commits of files with conflicts
a single merge command, allowing merging between arbitrary branches
daily builds of the latest code (Baz1x/Downloads)
- support for Debian version numbers in branch names
internationalisation, via gettext and Rosetta
- Python bindings
- a seamless upgrade path to Bazaar.
The current version of Baz is 1.4. Projects using Bazaar include and a variety of Gnome-related software.