Brother Hymnist: Brisingamen
Novice:Izipo
Page: Catharsis
Illuminist:dcbandicoot executed evening two. innocent
Bell Ringer: Chandresekhar
Brother Cellarer: Gandhi_rules
Pensioner:Frozen in Ice
Archivist:Lightfang Killed morning three by wolves, innocent

Reservist (might get into game, dpending on how the game plays out): nero's fire

Lost deep in the mountains of the Bannor empire lay an ancient crypt, a relic of the age of magic. To guard it, a monastery was built, devoted to the light of Junil. An order of monks lived there, protecting the world from what lay within the tomb. Centuries passed, and the order faded, a few devoted monks living where once hundreds had lived. Naturally, the magical protections frayed. In far away lands, people read of what lay within the crypt, and tried to summon it forth. The monks sensed this, and tried to resist, and resist they did, at first. The summons became more insistent, though, and one night of inattention by the apprentice guardian was all it took. The Baron was woken from his long sleep, and escaped, called to fight in far away wars. But before leaving, he left a gift to those who had kept him imprisoned for the long ages…

NOTW XII… The Name of the Rose

PMs are sent.
Day one is for getting into character.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 04, 2007, 02:32 PM
Vote Tracking Post:

Day three:
Brother Cellerar Ghandi_rules(0):
Pilgrim Rhenimetall (1): PrinceScamp,
Brother Guardian mergle (0):
Cook PrinceScamp (1): Brisingamen,
Brother Smith D'artagnan59 (9): Rheinmetall, Kol.7, Frozen in Ice, sirtommygunn, Catharsis, Niklas, mergle, Allysian_fields, tasslehoff,

Day two:
Illumnist Dcbandicoot (6): , D'artagnan59, tasslehoff, Allysian_Fields, PrinceScamp, ghandi_rules, Catharsis, dcbandicoot (support)
Abstain: Sirtommgyunn, Izipo, Brisingamen
Smith D'artagnan (2): Niklas, Frozen in ice
Father Abbot Niklas(1): Kol.7

thomas.berubeg
Nov 04, 2007, 03:33 PM
Umm... Posting is open!

The reason i have no voting on the first day is so that people have a chance to get into character and play for a bit before dying

PrinceScamp
Nov 04, 2007, 04:30 PM
The cook sings to himself while happily stirring a large cauldren of porridge filled with mostly porridge but also dried fruit, herbs and spices. The morning breakfast would soon be ready.

(OOC: I'm assuming we have large stocks of stuff? Or like good gardnes anyways, if not, then I'll change the meals and this one can just be a special breakfast.

Also, are there any special rules or are they the usual ones?)

thomas.berubeg
Nov 04, 2007, 04:33 PM
the usual rules...

THis is a fairly self sufficient monastery. it's safe to assume stocked pantries and good, full, gardens.

PrinceScamp
Nov 04, 2007, 04:39 PM
the usual rules...

THis is a fairly self sufficient monastery. it's safe to assume stocked pantries and good, full, gardens.

{Excellent}

Tasslehoff
Nov 04, 2007, 04:40 PM
The Librarian hobbles in, shaking his fist at the Cook.

Eh... Porridge? Porridge? I come in from hours of excruciatingly difficult book-shelving and expect to get some good food in here! Porridge!?

The Librarian grabs a ladle and hobbles towards the Cook, brandishing it menacingly.

Get me some steak, you lousy numbskull! This'll teach ya!

Lifting the ladle, he brings it down sharply...

To dip it into the cauldron, pull out a ladleful of porridge, and eat it contentedly.

Get me shum shteak you ritt... Heh. That's pretty good.

Grabbing another ladleful, the Librarian hobbles out, muttering to himself.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 04, 2007, 04:51 PM
Porridge! Porridge! PORRIDGE! PORRIDGE EVERY DAY! I'M SICK OF PORRIDGE! GET ME SOME GOOD BREAD!

PrinceScamp
Nov 04, 2007, 04:51 PM
The cook shakes his head as the librarian leaves, still amazed at his ability to sort books while demanding steak for breakfast every day.

EDIT: {I'll be back for, supper? Lunch? How long is the day?}

Catharsis
Nov 04, 2007, 04:57 PM

{I read that as 'stocked panties'. :blush: What sort of monastery is this? :faint:}

---

Uh, careful, Brother Librarian, you'll get, um, porridge all over your, er, um, books there. Um.

Bzzzzt. Bzzzzt. Beep beep beep bzzzzt. Bzzzzt.

The page pulls a small piece of paper out of his ear. It bears an eleven-digit number.

Anyone, er, know who this is?

Chandrasekhar
Nov 04, 2007, 05:05 PM
{Catharsis, you're terrible. :p}

The ringing of the morning bells sounds through the monastery, and a few moments later the Bell Ringer, Chandrasekhar, emerges from the bell tower.

Mission accomplished! Now get me some porridge, bell ringing is hard work.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 04, 2007, 05:08 PM
today will only be twenty four hours, though the other days will be atleast 48.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 04, 2007, 05:10 PM
*eats porridge anyway*

A good smith's gotta eat, right?

Mmm... This is the best batch of porridge I've ever tasted! Do what you did tonight making the porridge every time you make it!

merciary
Nov 04, 2007, 05:56 PM
Porridge is it, well better than nothing and it sustains the body. But lacks a certain feel ah well one must take what one has been given by life... *grabs something to eat and heads to the library to self-meditate and search for knowledge*

Brisingamen
Nov 04, 2007, 06:01 PM
{I read that as 'stocked panties'. :blush: What sort of monastery is this? :faint:}

A Page
Knowing about panties at his age?
If this is true,
What is the world coming too?
Since
WHen is innocence
Sacrificed
At such a price (d)?

D'Artagnan59
Nov 04, 2007, 06:32 PM
Ugh...

The corruption of our children these days... I wonder what'll happen in 2007?

*goes to my bus and my friends screaming sex words randomly*

OH JUNIL.

Tasslehoff
Nov 04, 2007, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the library, Brother Healer. Are you looking for something in particular? Ooh look what I found the other day. Zjormensk's Guide to Healing through Self-Mutilation It's such an interesting book.

Izipo
Nov 04, 2007, 06:42 PM
Opening the door with a bang, the Novice enters the dining room.
His piercing blue eyes searches the faces at the table for a moment.

Has someone seen the Abbot ?
the guard ?
Surely you've heard something terrible happened ?

grabbing a bowl of porridge on the way, he exits half running through the other door.

merciary
Nov 04, 2007, 06:49 PM
No No not my type. I'm sure I've told you all this, I'm not a healer my last name is Healer. My family use to be healers. I inherited some powers but gave up that practice to come here and search my soul for meaning and to serve a greater purpose. So I don't suppose you something on a magical subject like magical artifacts or counteracting unholy magic?

sirtommygunn
Nov 04, 2007, 07:01 PM
the guard walks in staring at the porridge

in a sarcastic voice

oh yay porridge

[/sarcasm]

surely such a mighty warrior as me deserves better than this slop! ill come back later when you serve some food worthy of my taste

the guard walks back out, still hungry

Tasslehoff
Nov 04, 2007, 07:22 PM
How about The Complete Guide to Magical Spoons? Or perhaps Zldr'zzkrmo. Although I'm afraid the latter makes for rather boring reading- we're unsure what language it is in. Or better yet, Pax Romana. Nothing to do with magic at all, but it's quite a good novel ;) . Il Caminoria has some interesting insights, as does Ye Olde Evile Magick Tome.

The Librarian wanders the bookshelves, muttering about his "precious booksies," and before long, Brother Healer is trapped on all sides by three-foot-high stacks of books.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 04, 2007, 07:58 PM
Healing Through Self-Mutilation: The Emo Way To Do Things.

Librarian, get me a nice copy of Theodora's AWS Adventure.

Frozen In Ice
Nov 04, 2007, 08:15 PM
The Pensioner wakes up before dawn and spends many hours in the monastery praying. It is not until after that that he comes back in for breakfast.

I'm famished. And, believe or not, praying really early in the morning is tiring. Being as old as I doesn't help either.

The Pensioner takes a bowl of porridge and sits down in a chair, only to prompty fall alseep with the bowl still in his hands.

Tasslehoff
Nov 04, 2007, 08:31 PM
Healing Through Self-Mutilation: The Emo Way To Do Things.

Librarian, get me a nice copy of Theodora's AWS Adventure.

Not until you pay your late fines, Brother Smith. You owe me $300! And I'd like that in small, untraceable bills, please.

LightFang
Nov 04, 2007, 08:39 PM
Archivist LightFang enters, fashionably late, or so he says, when in reality he overslept, per usual. His long billowing nightgown-robe-thing trails behind, fluttering purposefully to match his vigorous striding.

Porridge, you say? Funny thing. I just archived something that had to do with porridge. It made me hungry. Speak of the devil, hmm?

PrinceScamp
Nov 05, 2007, 12:06 AM
{Awww man this is funny, we should make this mandatory for all NoTWs! And don't forget to keep things up (though of coruse reacting to people getting killed and werwolves in your midst will be a damper but don't let it kill the story)}

*spoon feeds Frozen the porridge he had taken while he slept*

He would starve to death if it wasn't for me.

Anyways, I'm afraid you've all taken so long to have breakfast, that, as usual, it's now lunch time and I havn't gotten onto lunch.

So I'll be making various sandwhiches for you to snack on and then starting on dinner. Turkey Enchiladas.

LightFang
Nov 05, 2007, 12:22 AM
Lunchtime? I slept that bloody late?

The Archivist's eyes go wide open and he flails, a spectacular sight in his beautifully adorned robes, despite the tatters and the frays and how generally monkly they looked.

To skip lunch is tantamount to ignoring a full third of your body! I shall archive this information, dear cook, see if I don't!

He punctuates his statements with wild finger jabbing.

PrinceScamp
Nov 05, 2007, 12:52 AM
I fail to see a threat, now, I'll leave the remaining porridge for late comers (don't worry, it will still be warm). Now shoo I have to make the sandwhiches.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 05, 2007, 05:10 AM
Ahh... Sammiches.

Good stuff.

What's between the bread?

merciary
Nov 05, 2007, 05:13 AM
*Grabs a sandwich and heads back to his "fortress" of books* Well at the rate I'm going I could be free in... *looks at the stack again* about 6 months.

Mergle
Nov 05, 2007, 05:40 AM
Ah! Porridge! Delicious.

Time for a nice bowlful. I'm sure my assistant can easily perform my duties while I'm occupied. I mean, what's the chances of anything going wrong after all these centuries?

gandhi rules
Nov 05, 2007, 07:31 AM
The brother cellarer controls the wine. Then go to the chapel and pray for the victims that possibly is going to die in the barons way to freedom. Take a glass of wine and go to the library, looking after a book named "How To Kill A Werewolfe" by the famous religous author Ulfeus Dragatus. But, he didnt find what he was looking for. Then he eat some porridge and fall into meditation.

Niklas
Nov 05, 2007, 07:55 AM
The Abbot is usually up to eat porridge among the first of the brothers, but not this day. It is well beyond lunch time when he finally appears in the door to the kitchen, a ghastly appearance. It is obvious that despite the late hour, it's not for sleeping late that the reverend Father has been missing until now. His normally immaculate robes are stained and dusty, he is wearing only one shoe, and his neatly trimmed white hair looks as though someone has torn tufts from it. A good guess would be the Abbot himself.

It is true! I could not believe it, but it is, it is! Oh the young fool, he has doomed us all!

The old man takes a few staggering steps into the room and slumps in a chair, then buries his face in his hands.

The Baron... The Baron! And during my time in office... my name is forever tarnished, he who failed his mission, he who let chaos loose... *sob* How could this happen? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!?

The mad old man breaks down into a fit of sobs and coughs.

Rheinmetall
Nov 05, 2007, 08:38 AM
[Sorry for the late appearance]

The pilgrim knocks the door and enters.

Is that porridge I smell?

Grabs a big bowl of porridge and starts stuffing his face disregarding all proper manners.

[With a mouth full of porridge] Thissf if goof! I haf feen on fe roaf for fo long I forgof hof goof forridge fas.

Kol.7
Nov 05, 2007, 11:32 AM
The priest of junil comes thrugh the door. His appearance is tall and his hair is long and fair, almost elven.

Ahh Good morning brothers. I trust you have all said your morning prayers, Junil punishes the weak and the lazy. Remember that, always.

I wonder if there might be some porrige left for me, brother cook, your porridge really is the besty I've ever tasted, even compared to the porridge of my Elohim homeland.

He looks down at the abbot sobbing on the floor, his expression seems to harden

Father? By Junil, get up man! What in Erebus is wrong with you?

Allysian_Fields
Nov 05, 2007, 11:52 AM
The herbalist enters the kitchen, eyes immediately falling on the sobbing abbot.

Father, now what did I tell you about stress? The herbs I have given you only work if you try to relax!

The herbalist sighs, walks over and scoops up two bowls of porridge, placing one in front of the abbot, and taking the other for himself to eat.

My herbs would add a nice spice to this. Perhaps, Brother Cook, you might enjoy some rosemary or thyme to add to the porridge? They are doing quite splendid in this weather we are having.

Kol.7
Nov 05, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yes Father, have some porridge and at least try to look capaple of running this place.

How did what happen?

Niklas
Nov 05, 2007, 12:43 PM
Oh, you incessant blabbering FOOLS! Junil punishes the weak, yes, and that's what we are, WEAK! We have been placed here to do his bidding, and we have failed, utterly failed. The Baron must lie safely in his tomb, yet now he is not. We have failed, we have let him out, we have...

The Abbot suddenly gets his legs and rushes out of the room, away from those who would bother about porridge when evil is loose in the world.

Kol.7
Nov 05, 2007, 01:00 PM
stunned silence. The priest is the first to get to his senses.

Father has released the wolf baron!? He has failed us? Endangered us all!

The baron, is he still here? Grabbing hold of a heavy bronze candlestick standing on the table. Perhaps... someone... better go see if the abbot is ok. He isn't safe out there on his own.

gandhi rules
Nov 05, 2007, 01:10 PM
The cellarer woke up in his metitation. Run up to the watchtower and look at the horisont with a muttring grin on his face. Seeing the Baron running on those fields was that he hoped for. But he didnt see anything. "The Baron is gone" He said to the Crowd of monks. The air was getting heavier when the Father maniacly grabbed the holy writing and prayed to Junil. "I better look the wine up." The cellarer said and discretly moved back.

gandhi rules
Nov 05, 2007, 01:12 PM
Then the cellarer realised:

"BY JUNIL, I'VE X-POSTED"

PrinceScamp
Nov 05, 2007, 01:41 PM
*Scamp rings the dinner bell calling everyone in for the evening meal, and dreads the arguments and debates that will be going on as to what to do about the Baron's escape*

As the others enter they see the table modestly laiden, but from the rich smell they can tell that the cook went beyond the call of duty to bring excellent meals to the table, those who are unaware of the Baron's escape now know that SOMETHING is wrong

gandhi rules
Nov 05, 2007, 01:44 PM
Brother Cellarer sit and pray for the food. Then eat the cooks dinner.

Rheinmetall
Nov 05, 2007, 01:56 PM
Ceases his devouring

Who is this baron you seem to be so worried about? Wolf baron? You mean you have or had a live werewolf in here?

Kol.7
Nov 05, 2007, 01:59 PM
:rolleyes: Indeed. And now our esteemed Father Abbot has somehow manged to release the thing.

{OOC: we're not having an excecution tday, will the werewolfs still attack tonight?}

{also are we voting for a mayor? Who decides who hangs if teres a tie}

D'Artagnan59
Nov 05, 2007, 02:06 PM
*pays fines*

*eats sammich*

Mmm... This is simply awesome!

DANG YOU LATE FEES! YOU'RE LIKE BOOKBUSTER WAS THREE YEARS AGO!

*gets every book entitled How to Kill a Werewolf*

Frozen In Ice
Nov 05, 2007, 02:18 PM
The Pensioner drops his spoon in astonishment as he learnes that the Baron escaped.

Father! How could you let the Baron escape! We are now doomed!

His eyes grow wide and he jumps up suddenly in panic. Then he terrifiedly shouts out, nearly sceaming.

Quickly, we must go and pray! It is the only thing that can save us now!

D'Artagnan59
Nov 05, 2007, 02:21 PM
Frozen!

Please, calm down! You'll have a heart attack!

sirtommygunn
Nov 05, 2007, 02:22 PM
the guard is back for lunch, starving by now thanks to his own pride

mmmmm... this is unusually good, not somthing youd make for everyday. Unless your rich.

he eats as fast as he can making a pig of himself.

PrinceScamp
Nov 05, 2007, 02:27 PM
{I think the wereolves will claim their first victim tonight, all we know si that the baron escaped, only the wolves know we have wolves among us

EDIT: It's also DINNER}

D'Artagnan59
Nov 05, 2007, 02:27 PM
Enchiladas are awesome.

Better than the ones I had when I went to El Rancho Cantero. That was good, but yours are god compared to that Mexican place.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 05, 2007, 02:51 PM
It had Started with a rumor at breakfast, porridge, prepared by cook. someone whipered it to another... "the baron's gone." "the crypt's empty!"
It was only at lunch time that the Abbot, who had been poring over the magical binds and holds was able to confirm the ghastly truth.

The Baron had Woken and Escaped.

THe monastery was silent for dinner, all thinking on what had happened... and more importantly, had the baron taken revenge for his incarceration?

It was with this dark mood that the day that had started off so joyously ended, and the monks went to sleep. a sleep full of nightmares, twisted enough the have been sent by the overlords.

It is Night.
Posting is closed
Night people, PM me

thomas.berubeg
Nov 06, 2007, 11:30 AM
24 hour nights, i forgot to say

thomas.berubeg
Nov 06, 2007, 02:18 PM
The nightmares would not fade when the monks awoke. Rather, they took a dangerous turn, having left the dream world and entered the real. For as the monks assembled to morning prayers, they noticed one of theirs was missing. Merciary, the Healer, was gone. He was found in his cell, ripped apart. His remains were reverentially taken to the catacombs beneath the monastery… his remains forever there to guard the Broken crypt of the Baron.

Merciary is the first Victim of the wolves, and was innocent

It is day.
Voting is open

Kol.7
Nov 06, 2007, 02:31 PM
Brother Healer, may Junil have mercy upon your soul. Who could murder such an innocent man. Don't worry Merciary. We shall have holy vengence upon the dispicable beast that did this to you!

gandhi rules
Nov 06, 2007, 02:31 PM
Its true then, that there are werewolfes among us. Also, with no healer how shall we make it? I abstain due that i don't want to kill any of you, brothers. And i'll see what faith makes me to do...

While the brother cellarer go to the wine cellar you could hear coughs and crying from him when he went downstairs.

Kol.7
Nov 06, 2007, 02:38 PM
Indeed. We shall surely struggle without brother healer.
{is there an item to vote for btw}

Now, we do not wan't to create an atmosphere of mistrust within our monastry. However, I implore you my brothers, be on the lookout for any suspicious behaviour. We must catch this abomination before anymore of us are slain.

The priest's eyes appear to shine as if with a tear. He turns and exits throgh the door to pray for Merciary's soul

Catharsis
Nov 06, 2007, 02:42 PM
Beep beep beep bzzzt. Bzzzt. Bzzztfrizzzapppzzzpzpzzpz

Bah. Bad, um, reception.

Oh, er, um. Healer's been killed by, erm, werewolves, is it? Yes, yes, fur and teeth and, um, claws. Lots of, uh, fur around here, kill scene, yes. Um.

I will... have some porridge. Then, er, I can think. Although I guess our, er, uh, wise monks will have more idea than me. 'Cos they're, ah, wise and stuff. Yes. Um.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 06, 2007, 02:59 PM
no item this time around

D'Artagnan59
Nov 06, 2007, 03:11 PM
More porridge, please.

Same as last time. Awesome!!!

gandhi rules
Nov 06, 2007, 03:17 PM
The brother cellarer walks up the stairway from the wine cellar. You can see he has been crying on his sad face, he eat his porridge fast and with no smile neither talking to anyone, then he walks to the temple of the order of Junil to pray to the law god for making the hell started not by infernals or sheims this time.

Kol.7
Nov 06, 2007, 03:27 PM
{is this whole game gonna be about porrige lol}

The Priest walks in to the kitchen, to find his brothers, not praying that Junil will reveal the beast but, yet again, lazing about eating porrige. Not that I hav anything against your porrage cook.

'Has anyone seen the Abbot today? I wish he would take a more active role in leading this monastry instead of hiding away in his room all day. Also I wish to remind you that, as your resident priest, my ears are always open if you believe you have seen any suspicious behaviour inside this monastry. Any complaints will of course be completely confidential. Please, anyone who is worried speak to me privately (pm), I will be in the chapel.'

Catharsis
Nov 06, 2007, 03:32 PM

{Maybe it's not wolves at all, but three bears. ;)}

Kol.7
Nov 06, 2007, 03:37 PM
{Lmao! Shipwright (survivor) didn't you die in NOTW11? Weren't you the one with that weird octopus in a jar or something}

EDIT: No wait that was Izipo nevermind :blush:

Catharsis
Nov 06, 2007, 03:39 PM
{No, I was the one with the plank. Thomas was the one with the octo-thing. EDIT: Wait, no, Izipo was the one with the octo-thing.}

This porridge is, um, too hot. But this porridge is, er, too cold. What happened to, ah, heat transfer?

Niklas
Nov 06, 2007, 04:01 PM
The old Abbot enters the kitchen, only marginally less disheveled than yesterday, but with a steely resolve in his eyes. He sits down hard, not touching the porridge.

Hmph. So the Baron couldn't just leave quietly either, he just had to leave us a parting gift. Wolves in our midst! As if we didn't suffer enough just by having failed our gods-given mission. And now we are to add to this mess by killing our own, hoping to trap the wolves? Junil save us from this madness!

And no one dares cast the first stone, eh? Weak of will the lot of you! Junil has cursed us in more ways than one it seems. Very well, let me be the first then. Illumnist, you are very quiet. Speak up, lest suspicion cling to your name.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 06, 2007, 04:51 PM
I agree greatly with Fathah Abbot.

Illuminist, speak or die.

Tasslehoff
Nov 06, 2007, 05:16 PM
The Librarian hobbles in, screeching.

Murder! Murder! We're all doomed!

You already know that? Oh bother, forget this message then.

The poor healer, he was ever-so-intrested in my precious. I'm sure he was killed to keep him from receiving the knowledge of Zldr'zzkrmo. That's it.

The Librarian realizes he has gotten the $300 late fine.

Excellent... Now I can go buy myse- er, I mean get a new bookshelf for the library.

And yes, the Illuminist is far too quiet, not to mention careless with my books. Really, who would want all these horrid pictures distracting one from the knowledge in the words?

D'Artagnan59
Nov 06, 2007, 05:20 PM
Yes.

The words are the best part of the book!

Allysian_Fields
Nov 06, 2007, 05:49 PM
This is true. The illuminist has been very quiet as of late.

The poor Brother Healer- he was a fine man. Perhaps I will plant another rosemary plant in memory of him. I have found it is always easiest to understand and accept the loss of a good friend when there is something to remind me of them. Yes...that is what i'll do...

The herbalist goes out into his garden to plant some rosemary seeds in honor of Brother Healer.

Izipo
Nov 06, 2007, 05:56 PM
After carefully wiping some (cold) porridge from his face, the Novice speaks for the first time today.

Brothers far wiser than me have already pointed out that the Illuminist has been silent since even before the events started. Although it pains me to see another one of us leaving us, I fear I have no choice but to respect the will of my elders. We can only hope that he was the one responsible for the baron's escape, but I doubt it.

sirtommygunn
Nov 06, 2007, 06:26 PM
ill just abstain sense if i see a wolf that i know is a wolf ill just kill him with my bear hands

goes to eat his porridge, seeing that there will be no further surprises in the food menu.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 06, 2007, 06:28 PM
{ i was taking a look at NOTW3, definantly my favorite NOTW, and there are so many people that have disseapered. i'm quite nostalgic... i mean, where did dueaccident go? or -Zoe-? or subanark? Grey Fox has disseaperead, as have Bad Player, Ulyaoth, Grillick, Immortius, Conroe, subanark, Xueney, Lorgen, and Deathling (jono). Nikis Night night doesn't leave the FFH2 Forums anymore. that's 14/19... 15/20 if count Unser... that's sad.

I feel old...

WHo here remembers these people except for me, Chand, and Hitti? :sad:

Ahh, the glory days of NOTW...}

LightFang
Nov 06, 2007, 06:29 PM
The Archivist has been quiet this whole time but feels the need to speak up. He has "Brother Healer merciary, killed!" written in big bold red letters.

I will archive this information. Carry on.

He twirls his writing utensil after recording the fact that he recorded it, then records the fact that he twirled it.

PrinceScamp
Nov 07, 2007, 12:10 AM
{I think I might have been in NoTW3, I can't remember.

Yes. For breakfast. Lunch and dinenr will vary.}

*shaken after the death of the healer, who had been the cook's long time friend and gardening buddy, the morning porridge was not quite, heated well enough. If anyone was still oblivious to what was going on, there is not way they were still oblivious that something had gone wrong*

Okay, so, anyone want, um, lunch?

Lunch is, um., ... it's.. .HERE!

The cook hurridly throws a nubmer of sammich making ingrediants and bread onto the table and flees into the solace of his herb garden

"And I'm not coming out until it's time ot make dinner!"

Kol.7
Nov 07, 2007, 01:10 AM
The old Abbot enters the kitchen, only marginally less disheveled than yesterday, but with a steely resolve in his eyes. He sits down hard, not touching the porridge.

Hmph. So the Baron couldn't just leave quietly either, he just had to leave us a parting gift. Wolves in our midst! As if we didn't suffer enough just by having failed our gods-given mission. And now we are to add to this mess by killing our own, hoping to trap the wolves? Junil save us from this madness!

And no one dares cast the first stone, eh? Weak of will the lot of you! Junil has cursed us in more ways than one it seems. Very well, let me be the first then. Illumnist, you are very quiet. Speak up, lest suspicion cling to your name.

We have failed dear father? Surely you are the only one who has failed their God-given mission. It was you tasked with the protection of the crypt, not the brothers and certainly not me. (Only arrived a month ago from Elohim)

I see that the Illumnist seems to be the target of our inquisition here. I have no reason to doubt the brotherhood.

Niklas
Nov 07, 2007, 02:56 AM
Priest, you speak nonsense. My primary purpose is to watch over the brothers who watch the Baron. It was not my task alone to hold the Baron here, it was the sole purpose of this monastery and all its inhabitants, including you as priest. In fact, one with a suspicious mind might point to the fact that we have kept the Baron in safe custody for hundreds of years, only to have him leave within a month of your coming. I am not normally so suspicious, but be careful where you cast blame.

PrinceScamp
Nov 07, 2007, 02:59 AM
We have no proof the illusionist is a werewolf, but then again, he NEVER eats my porridge >.>

Mergle
Nov 07, 2007, 04:32 AM
Ah, that was a good sleep after my nice bowl of porridge.

What? Did I miss something?

gandhi rules
Nov 07, 2007, 08:51 AM
Sure, the ilumnist gets my vote, but, i still don't want to kill anyone, i just want to follow the crowd.

Rheinmetall
Nov 07, 2007, 09:03 AM
Since everybody already want the Illuminist dead I don't want to go against the collective will of the brotherhood.

Now lets see that porridge.

Grabs a bowl of porridge, whispers a short prayer and starts eating.

Kol.7
Nov 07, 2007, 10:00 AM
I hope, father, that you would not lower yourself as to threaten a member of clergy. It is proposterous that the release of the wolf is connected in some way to my arrival here. I have no motive. Why should I wan't to endanger the lives of my fellow brothers of the faith, let alone my own life in the process. To do so would surely be nothing but a betrayal to my God. I was not implying that you relesed the wolf (It was a careless novice or something wasn't it) I was merely suggesting that as Abbot of this monastry, you should not have let something like this happen and that, ultimately you were responsible for ensuring the protection of the crypt.

Catharsis
Nov 07, 2007, 10:13 AM
Well, er, I don't see why the, um, illuminist is a werewolf, but (and please pardon my, erm, speaking out of turn, wise ones) if he does not, uh, deign to, um, speak, then now's a good time to, ah, shift some deadweight. Yes?

{ i was taking a look at NOTW3, definantly my favorite NOTW, and there are so many people that have disseapered. i'm quite nostalgic... i mean, where did dueaccident go? or -Zoe-? or subanark? Grey Fox has disseaperead, as have Bad Player, Ulyaoth, Grillick, Immortius, Conroe, subanark, Xueney, Lorgen, and Deathling (jono). Nikis Night night doesn't leave the FFH2 Forums anymore. that's 14/19... 15/20 if count Unser... that's sad.

{I'm sure a few of those are still around. I've seen subanark active fairly recently. Grey Fox, Bad Player, Ulyaoth and Grillick are still somewhere. Conroe's a demogamer and a succession-gamer, I think.}

thomas.berubeg
Nov 07, 2007, 11:55 AM
{I've seen Grillick occasionaly, as well as bad player... I thought conroe had disseapered at the same time as Lorgen and Unser}

dcbandicoot
Nov 07, 2007, 12:19 PM
{Sorry, I hadn't realized the game started.}

What evidence do you all have to accuse me of being a wolf? I know I'm not the most vocal of sorts, but it seems someone random to accuse me of being a wolf for no reason.

It may be too late for me, but if your votes stand and I die an innocent, you have no one but yourselves to blame.

Rheinmetall
Nov 07, 2007, 12:26 PM
Ah, right you are Illuminist. Since you have opened your mouth, I shall withdraw my vote for the time being.

{And what has happened to Splime? Haven't seen him either in a while.}

Frozen In Ice
Nov 07, 2007, 02:10 PM
Notice how Brother Smith so easily jumped on the bandwagon to kill the illuminist. I find it very suspicious, and unnerving, that he could vote for one of his fellow brothers to be killed without any thought.

Niklas
Nov 07, 2007, 02:21 PM
Our dear Pensioner is wise indeed. I had already decided that if the Illumnist spoke up to alleviate my suspicions, I would change my vote to the weak-willed one who was the first to jump the bandwagon. Brother Smith caught the bait.

Kol.7
Nov 07, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry brother Illuminist, yet although you have now spoken, it is unlikely I or anyone else will be able to save you now. However, for what its worth I withdraw my vote.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 07, 2007, 04:50 PM
Our dear Pensioner is wise indeed. I had already decided that if the Illumnist spoke up to alleviate my suspicions, I would change my vote to the weak-willed one who was the first to jump the bandwagon. Brother Smith caught the bait.

You're calling me weak-willed? Excuse me, but I voted for you in RESPECT. Nobody else voted but you, so I voted. You have a lot of influence. I also meant to spark a vote. Your reasoning was right enough, so I voted with you.

Stop accusing your brothers and the clergy, Abbot.

Catharsis
Nov 07, 2007, 04:55 PM

Well, uh, erm, that's reasonable thinking there, um, Father, but do you think that might have been caused by, er, timezones? Might not be fair to, uh, jump at D'Artagnan's throat because he, um, spoke up first.

Izipo
Nov 07, 2007, 04:58 PM
It looks that the Illumnist saved his neck at the right moment. Lynching a participant would be wrong, I withdraw my vote for now.

Niklas
Nov 07, 2007, 05:09 PM
Young page, I am sure that there were many who were equally suspicious and who jumped the bandwagon just as fast, as soon as they had the chance. But I can vote for one only, and I see no reason not to choose the Brother Smith. I have suspicions regarding several others as well, but, like the girl said, one at a time.

LightFang
Nov 07, 2007, 06:31 PM
Well, uh, erm, that's reasonable thinking there, um, Father, but do you think that might have been caused by, er, timezones? Might not be fair to, uh, jump at D'Artagnan's throat because he, um, spoke up first.

Timezones? Pray tell, what are these mythical "timezones" that you speak of?

Kol.7
Nov 08, 2007, 10:39 AM
So father, lets get this straight shall we. You pretended tat you wanted to hang the illuminist who is presumably innocent simply to set up brother d'artagnan and claim that he was guilty for believing you! It doesn't amke any sense!

How dare you betray your brotherhood! Yet again you have used us for your own personal gains, what are you trying to do, pick us all of one by one? Perhaps yoiu are the werewolf, after all you were the first one to find the baron was gone. What were you doing down there anyway?

It's absolutely dispicable do you think that, just because yyou are the abbot of this monastry you can use us!, no doubt you will have some sort of excuse dear father, we're all ears.

Until you provide evidence for your accusations I change my vote to yourself. (Father Abbot)

Catharsis
Nov 08, 2007, 10:51 AM
Timezones? Pray tell, what are these mythical "timezones" that you speak of?

They cause slight delays in, um, speech. Like when a guy in, er, Erebus calls to say I've won, erm, a double-glazed credit card, I can't hear him for, oh, uh, a few seconds. So maybe D'Artagnan is... no, that doesn't make sense, um, does it? Drat.

Anyway, I don't think the Illuminist is, uh, a wolf now, but I don't much like the cases against D'Artagnan or, erm, Niklas, so I'll just abstain for the time being and see where this, um, discussion goes, okay? :)

Niklas
Nov 08, 2007, 11:11 AM
Pah. Priest, you've been on my case from the very beginning, without reason. What for? What do you accuse me of doing that not each and every one of us would be guilty of?

I have no evidence for my accusations. How could I? No one has evidence against any other, yet by Junil we have decided that this is the way we do it. Someone must die, that's the way of it. Am I to be condemned because I dare name names? I am not using anyone. If you let yourself be used, it is your fault, your weakness. I have not asked anyone to vote with me, rather I told you more than once to use your own head, and not hide behind me.

But if you truly think I am a wolf, ponder this then, wise priest. If I were a wolf, then presumably the Illumnist is innocent since I started a bandwagon against him. But if he is innocent, why would I then not be content with letting him die, instead switching my vote to someone else? Answer me that, you who would call yourself wise.

dcbandicoot
Nov 08, 2007, 12:07 PM
How ironic it is that those who still have placed votes for me did so based on my silence, and when I speak, the air is filled with nothing an eerie quietness from them. Well, I know I'm innocent. I'll support myself.

Kol.7
Nov 08, 2007, 12:12 PM
You were using the illuminist to try to trick one of us into falling into your trap. You have no real evidence against the illumisit so you create your little trap and wait until the first person joins you. Then you turn against them and claim that the fact that they were the first to support you is evidence taht they are a werewolf.

Rheinmetall
Nov 08, 2007, 01:03 PM
I think Niklas just wanted the Illuminist to show some signs of life. Now that the illumunist has spoken we're back at the starting point. It's just that some people DO seize the opportunity to vote someone when they know they will not be blamed for it "Because Niklas voted him first"

Brisingamen
Nov 08, 2007, 02:32 PM
Ah, well
tis hard,
to deal the card
of fate
and hate
without knowing
the truth...

I'll abstain

D'Artagnan59
Nov 08, 2007, 02:33 PM
You know what?

It's time to save my white butt from a lynching.

I support myself.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 08, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evening two:
The vote for the day’s execution was for most of the day, overwhelmingly against the illuminist. It was only towards the end of the day that the votes started branching off, but to no avail. The illuminist still had an overwhelming majority against him. And so, the first victim of the monastery’s lynching was to be one who had created great works of art in the library.

The illuminist spent the last of his living hours with his close friend the Archivist, and came readily to the courtyard, where the execution was to take place. The cook gave the illuminist the poisoned broth that had been decided upon as a method of execution. It was quick, and the illuminist died without pain. He was observed for the tell tale signs of wolfishness, but none appeared.

The Illuminist was innocent

Illumnist Dcbandicoot (6): , D'artagnan59, tasslehoff, Allysian_Fields, PrinceScamp, ghandi_rules, Catharsis, dcbandicoot (support)

Note: Dart, that last post, i'm not counting, because it doesn't change a thing. sorry.

It is Night
posting is closed
NIght people, please send me your PMs

Niklas
Nov 08, 2007, 02:45 PM
{ "It is now night" ? }

thomas.berubeg
Nov 08, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yup.. night has fallen, the sun has gone down, sleep time, etc...

D'Artagnan59
Nov 08, 2007, 02:55 PM
*goes to sleep*

Catharsis
Nov 08, 2007, 04:29 PM
{Hey! Those vote totals are inaccurate. I abstained.}

thomas.berubeg
Nov 08, 2007, 05:29 PM
sorry, must have missed that. it wouldn't change anything, though

thomas.berubeg
Nov 09, 2007, 09:49 AM
the post will porbably come at around six, eastern time... sorry

Brisingamen
Nov 09, 2007, 11:52 AM
the post will porbably come at around six, eastern time... sorry

me bro says time will probably be all right....night people send in orders to him.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 09, 2007, 02:01 PM
It appeared the Illumnist would not wait long in death for his love. That morning, as the monks decsended to breakfast, another of thier number was missing. the archivist was found dead in his room, ripped apart by wolves...

the archivist lightfang is dead.

(sorry for the short post...)

it is day, posting is open
voting is open
there is no item to vote on.

Rheinmetall
Nov 09, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hmm. Brother Cellarer gets my vote. I might consider withdrawing it when he decides to update his game of mafia.

PrinceScamp
Nov 09, 2007, 02:40 PM
Thisi s another grave blow struck against the library. The Archivest knew where almost everything was. Or at least the general area.

There will be no porridge for Rheinmetall this morning! Only a poisoned soup this evening!

A pilgrem, who happened to arrive just shortly before the Baron escapes, coincidence? I think not!

*the cook returns to the kitchen to finish cooking the porridge and slams the door shut behind him*

D'Artagnan59
Nov 09, 2007, 02:42 PM
Yes.

The Cook that makes great porridge that's currently dripping out of my mouth as I speak has a great point.

Rheinmetall to get the axe.

And why are you voting for a person because they haven't updated some game that I've never heard of called Mafia? Is it a kids' pastime or something?

Rheinmetall
Nov 09, 2007, 02:51 PM
So now it's my fault when you screwed up? I wasn't here to watch the baron. You were. Maybe you should have done your job properly. Look in the mirror if you are searching for someone to blame!

Kol.7
Nov 09, 2007, 02:51 PM
I do not believe the pilgrim is the werewolf. The fact that he and myself have only arrived here recently cannot be used as evidence against us.
Think! The baron escaped due to carelessness, he then infected members of the brotherhood. It was not the pilgrim who brought lycanthopy whithin our walls, it was already lurking deep down in the crypt. For now I shall bear no judgement, I shall wait and see what the brotherhood decides.

Rheinmetall
Nov 09, 2007, 02:53 PM
I think we might have something here. The instant I cast a vote on the cellarer these two attack me like a pack of hounds.

Kol.7
Nov 09, 2007, 03:07 PM
I think we might have something here. The instant I cast a vote on the cellarer these two attack me like a pack of hounds.

Indeed, or perrhaps a pack of wolves. (Brother Cellarer)

PrinceScamp
Nov 09, 2007, 03:10 PM

The instant we vote for you Kol.7 stands up for you, both newcomers, like a pack of wolves.

Rheinmetall
Nov 09, 2007, 03:13 PM
Meh. I stood up for Niklas when Kol.7 rallied a vote against him. Rather wolfy don't you think. I think I'll keep my vote on the cellarer just to see what's so special about him.

Catharsis
Nov 09, 2007, 05:43 PM
Oh, come now, er, pilgrim, let's think, uh, rationally here. I don't think that, um, voting for anyone who votes for a fellow wolf is, erm, a viable wolf strategy. If it deserves to be called, um, strategy.

Me, I'd like to hear more from, um, Brother Guardian (Mergle). He really hasn't, er, said much so far. Or voted at all. Um.

Here's all he's, ah, said so far:

Ah! Porridge! Delicious.

Time for a nice bowlful. I'm sure my assistant can easily perform my duties while I'm occupied. I mean, what's the chances of anything going wrong after all these centuries?

Ah, that was a good sleep after my nice bowl of porridge.

What? Did I miss something?

Tasslehoff
Nov 09, 2007, 07:45 PM
{No items to vote?}

Rheinmetall
Nov 09, 2007, 11:10 PM
Oh, come now, er, pilgrim, let's think, uh, rationally here. I don't think that, um, voting for anyone who votes for a fellow wolf is, erm, a viable wolf strategy. If it deserves to be called, um, strategy.

You are right brother. It's a stupid wolf strategy that spells their doom in this monastery.

PrinceScamp
Nov 10, 2007, 02:37 AM
Ah, but Wolf A could vote for Wolf B if there is a very good/likely chance of the Wolf B getting hanged. And blend in with the crowd like a weed in the grass.

Mergle
Nov 10, 2007, 04:50 AM
{Personal hassles cut my internet time last few days, sorry. Wasn't able to pay enough attention to weed anyone out}

Hmm...I have spent the night in deep meditation to seek the truth, but I have received no revelations. But the pilgrim and the priest of Junil seem determined to stand together. And the priest is quick to blame our beloved abbot. For now, I go with the pilgrim but if suspcions are confirmed, the priest must be next.

Rheinmetall
Nov 10, 2007, 05:23 AM
It's normal that someone blows a gasket when he gets voted on. But both the cook and the guard blew up like barrels of gunpowder and I didn't even have to vote for them. It seems that they saw a threat in my first vote against the cellarer and wanted to stop the possible vote pileup on him by turning against me immediately. I don't know what excactly is going on, but that is suspicious if anything ever was.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 10, 2007, 08:50 AM
OK.

I think someone here is the werewolf.

Rheinmetall might not be.

I withdraw my vote.

sirtommygunn
Nov 10, 2007, 09:05 AM
wait what? when did i blow up?

Tasslehoff
Nov 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
{You blew up last game :P)

Ahh, the books speak! Our good pilgrim does no harm! The books like him! Support Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall
Nov 10, 2007, 11:18 AM
wait what? when did i blow up?

Oh sorry, I mixed you with the smith.

Brisingamen
Nov 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
Though 'tis a sorry fate
To have noone to bake
Better have innocents
Cook our vittles tonight.
Rheinmetall speaks wisely
While the Cook is hasty
or maybe guilty?

Brisingamen
Nov 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
double post :(

Kol.7
Nov 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
Brother Guardian, you are wrong to suspect the pilgrim and myself. I have appologised for my suspicion of the Abbot I now have evidence of his innocence.

Rheinmetall and myself, whilst we may agree on this front, are not a team. As he has already said he stood up for the abbot when I voiced my suspicions against him and he turned out to be right.

My vote still stands, soon we shall weed out trhe wolves from this sacred house of Junil.

Rheinmetall
Nov 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
D'Artagnan gets my vote. If anyone here trusts me, please mirror my vote. We can worry about the cellarer later, since he hasn't spoken a word today.

Mergle
Nov 10, 2007, 02:58 PM
Though I do not yet trust him, the priest speaks persuasively. All that I am sure of is my own innocence. I therefore change my vote to support myself

Kol.7
Nov 10, 2007, 03:09 PM
Brother Guardian you have no need to support yourself, no one here suspects you of anything. You would surely be better off joining us in weeding out the wolves. If you need any information I will PM you. Please trust me, vote D'artagnan

Allysian_Fields
Nov 10, 2007, 07:51 PM
So many names echo to the gardens... However, i see no reason to blame the cook, therefore, i support him.

PrinceScamp
Nov 10, 2007, 09:36 PM
I am not defending the cellarer. I planned my vote when I got up this morning to start the porridge.

Kol.7
Nov 11, 2007, 02:34 AM
Yep it was all a big coincidence ;)

Frozen In Ice
Nov 11, 2007, 07:29 AM
I too shall vote for D'Artagnan.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 11, 2007, 08:48 AM
the update will probably be a day late... sorry.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 11, 2007, 10:35 AM
Everyone:

The pilgrim is not a wolf.

He is a member of the Ashen Veil.

You told me this secret in exchange for you not voting for me again.

You voted for me, the cat's out of the bag.

His aim is to corrupt this monastery and summon a creature to protect him. He needs the page's body to do this, though.

Let's take our focus out of the wolves and take out our Ashen Veil follower, Rheinmetall.

sirtommygunn
Nov 11, 2007, 10:40 AM
funny, d'art, that you pull this accusation right when your about to die, i believe you are a wolf merely trying to pull attention away from yourself. Now for your cowardice you should face the [poisoned] stew!

D'artagan to die

Kol.7
Nov 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
How dare you make such VILE claims! The Ashen Veil has no hold here. You shall die for this D'artagnan! By Junil you shall ROT in hell!

Catharsis
Nov 11, 2007, 11:23 AM
Well, um, looking back over the previous few comments, it seems likely that, er, something is amiss here. D'Artagnan voted for Rheinmetall, and then, erm, didn't. Between those vote times, some information was, uh, imparted.

Now, D'Arty claims that Rheinmetall is, um, an evil Ashen Veil member. But if Rheinmetall told him that (and all that, er, other stuff: using my body to make a creature and all that), then why did D'Art, um, take his vote off Rheinmetall? Surely evil is equal to evil? Seems, ah, puzzling. It suggests that neither of our, um, two combatants is what they seem.

So the options seem to be:
D'Artagnan is a wolf trying to save his, erm, skin;
Rheinmetall is an Ashen Veil follower and a threat to the monastery;
this whole thing is, er, a farce;
or the most likely option: D'Artagnan is a wolf and Rheinmetall is an Ashen Veil follower.
Now I'd rather not be, um, taken over by the Ashen Veil and become a puppet for unspeakable horror, thanks, so my vote goes to, er, Rheinmetall.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
Naysayers, don't blame me when you're taken over by them.

Catharsis
Nov 11, 2007, 02:12 PM
Actually, erm, taking into consideration some new information that has been, um, imparted, I must change my vote to D'Artagnan59. I still don't entirely, uh, trust this, but it's practically the only lead available.

{And thomas, your vote-count has an error: PrinceScamp is the cook, not the Cellarer. The Cellarer is gandhi rules.}

PrinceScamp
Nov 11, 2007, 02:29 PM
I am suspicious of D'art now too.

However my vote for Rhein still stands!

Niklas
Nov 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
It is good to see wisdom prevail. Too bad the Illumnist couldn't be saved and the wolf walked away yesterday. But he will not walk away again. Brother Smith, your days are numbered, and the number is less than one.

Mergle
Nov 11, 2007, 06:24 PM
The evidence seems to be building against D'Artagnan. The accusation of ashen veil membership appears to be a desperate throw.

D'Artagnan59
Nov 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
Niklas, do not betray your brethren wolves.

The others are in on his plan. They support betraying me.

My time on this earth is over, and may Abbot, the Cellarer, and the bell ringer burn in hell for eternity.

I see you all think of me as your sacrificial puppet. I see you value your latest convert than me.

You heard it from the horse's mouth.

Allysian_Fields
Nov 11, 2007, 07:48 PM
D'Artagnan- your name rings so loud. If you are innocent, what troubled souls we must be.

Frozen In Ice
Nov 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
STOP! Rheinmetall, you lying, two-faced scoundrel! D'Artagnan59 is a wolf, but I know he tells the truth about one thing! You are trying to summon a demon in the monastery! I may be old now, but back in my day I was a righteous crusader, and I killed all types of scum just like you. Because of my past, I know that someone here has been attempting to summon a demon, and from the start I suspected you. Just this day you asked for me to jump on the "let's kill D'Artagnan59" bandwagon, and after some thought I decided to do so. You told me that you told D'Artagnan59 some fake story in order to get D'Artagnan59 to admit that he was a wolf. By now D'Artagnan59 was getting desperate so I asked him what the story was that you told him. And what do you know, D'Artagnan59 me that you told him that you were trying to summon an imp no less! Isn't that quite convenient!!!!?? That is why, you, Rheinmetall shall die. May Junil have mercy on your soul, for I at least shall show none.

Rheinmetall
Nov 11, 2007, 10:25 PM
I do not deny this story I gave D'Artagnan. But think this my good simpleton. Am I a threat to this monastery anymore. I cannot accomplish my plan anymore. The least I can do is to survive the wolf threat and then I'll be on my way. I'm not a threat, the wolves are. I cannot kill anyone, the wolves can.

Tasslehoff
Nov 11, 2007, 11:56 PM
How interesting... We are forced to choose whether it is more important to kill an AV follower, or a wolf. I remove my support vote, and I instead vote to kill D'Artagnan. Kill the more dangerous wolf first.

Niklas
Nov 12, 2007, 04:48 AM
A follower of the Veil is no threat if we all know who he is, and can keep an eye on him. Like he says, he cannot kill anyone but the wolves can. It is the wolves we must take care of, they are the ones killing us at night.

D'Artagnan, you continue to amaze. A wolf snitching on the other wolves? Now that's team play if I ever heard of it. But since it's you nothing is impossible, and I might almost have believed you if you hadn't mentioned my name up there. I can see why you hate me, but you really would have had better chances of success if you had left my name out. Too many people know of my innocence already. If you were telling the truth it would have been a plain stupid move, but since you're not it must be considered quite clever. But I don't think you have it in you to be that clever, so someone else must be the mastermind behind your words, someone who wants you to cast some smokes and mirrors into the search before you drink the poison. Someone clever, and probably one who voted for Rheinmetall instead of you. The Cook comes across as the most likely candidate. Or perhaps the Page, who changed his vote late? Though I think the Page has good cause for voting for the Pilgrim, considering what was to be done with his body...

Though I must wonder about the Cellarer. One of the main reasons for us to distrust the Smith in the first place was because of his suspicious support of the Cellarer. Do the wolves think the Cellarer is already incriminated, and try to cast him aside as well to appease the mob? There's something rotten here, and it's not just wolf breath...

D'Artagnan59
Nov 12, 2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not a puppet.

And thinking you could throw your killing machine away like this gets you all killed.

Maybe I have a sparkle of consciousness. Enough to defend myself, but not enough to kill.

Kol.7
Nov 12, 2007, 09:49 AM
A follower of the Veil is no threat if we all know who he is, and can keep an eye on him. Like he says, he cannot kill anyone but the wolves can. It is the wolves we must take care of, they are the ones killing us at night.

How can you say this! Fool! We can not allow the veil to survive in this monastry! Both have admitted their sins, I say KILL THEM BOTH!

I shall insure the purity of this monastry even if our excuse for an Abbot is too weak or sinful to do so himself.

D'artagnan your story keeps on changing so you make it difiicult for us to believe the men you mentionned our also wolves. Never the less, these names you have mentioned shall be taken on board.

Niklas
Nov 12, 2007, 10:25 AM
How can you say this! Fool! We can not allow the veil to survive in this monastry! Both have admitted their sins, I say KILL THEM BOTH!
Calm your anger priest, and use your wisdom. I am not saying we should not take care of the Veil. I am saying it can wait until the wolves are dead. The wolves can kill us here and now, but the Veil is disarmed and will do no harm until the time has come for us to deal with it.

Mergle
Nov 12, 2007, 10:36 AM
Calm your anger priest, and use your wisdom. I am not saying we should not take care of the Veil. I am saying it can wait until the wolves are dead. The wolves can kill us here and now, but the Veil is disarmed and will do no harm until the time has come for us to deal with it.

Too much porridge must have dulled my senses..but how is the ashen veil disarmed?

Rheinmetall
Nov 12, 2007, 10:52 AM
Heh. I need secrecy to complete my plans. The secrecy is gone. I cannot mislead you. I lured the wolves in the open for you to kill and you still want me dead? Suit yourselves fools. You can vote for me to die, but why would you want to when you have a fatal hold of a wolf?

Or are you too proud to admit the fact that without my assistance you woudn't have a wolf to kill tonight. Heh - heh - heh...

D'Artagnan59
Nov 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
I'm starting to regain a conscience, Niklas.

You are a wolf. We converted you last night.

Kol.7
Nov 12, 2007, 12:55 PM
Fine. The way I see it everythings fine. We kill D'artagnan today, Rheinmetall tomorrow, and Niklas the day after. Agreed?

sirtommygunn
Nov 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
why trust a wolf? how do we know if he isnt just lien about niklas?

Catharsis
Nov 12, 2007, 01:08 PM
Fine. The way I see it everythings fine. We kill D'artagnan today, Rheinmetall tomorrow, and Niklas the day after. Agreed?

Why Niklas? I think Bell Ringer Chandrasekhar is, um, ten times as suspicious.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evening three:
It had been a stragnly long day for the monastery... accusations had flown about, though they stayed almost always targeted at a few of the Monks. As the day had gone on, starteling revelations were made, and as the weight of the vote started falling on the Smith, he threw acusations at many who he called his fellow wolves.
So when the night came, the overwheling majority of the vote was targeted at D'artagnan. he was taken to the courtyard, and bound. he clenched his jaw firm against the poinoned soup, but eventually it was forced down his throat. he shudered twice, then died.

D'artagnan was a WOLF

Day three:
Brother Cellerar Ghandi_rules(0):
Pilgrim Rhenimetall (1): PrinceScamp,
Brother Guardian mergle (0):
Cook PrinceScamp (1): Brisingamen,
Brother Smith D'artagnan59 (9): Rheinmetall, Kol.7, Frozen in Ice, sirtommygunn, Catharsis, Niklas, mergle, Allysian_fields, tasslehoff,

it is now night
night people send me stuff

D'Artagnan59
Nov 12, 2007, 03:50 PM
ghost comment: Surprisingly, I'm in heaven. Is it because I ratted out all Junil-opposers?

thomas.berubeg
Nov 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
ghost comment: Surprisingly, I'm in heaven. Is it because I ratted out all Junil-opposers?

And junil observed The Smith D'artagnan59, and wondered.

And junil spoke, and all headed his words.

"what the hell are you doing up here?" and the Smith D'artagnan was cast down from the heights of heaven into the fiery pits of hell.

;) :p

gandhi rules
Nov 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
Good, we got that bastard. BTW i have restricted computer time cuz' i have 39 celsius feber :sad:

thomas.berubeg
Nov 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
eww... i hope you feel better soon

D'Artagnan59
Nov 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
ghost comment: SWEET!

HELL lS MOTHER****ING AWESOME!

thomas.berubeg
Nov 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
MOrning four:

This morning was a shock to the monastery. After having destroyed a wolf the night before, some had perhaps hoped that the wolevs would be cowed into not attacking. The night proved them wrong. howls rang through the monastery corridors, keping the monks awake all night. none was brave enough to venture from his bed.

The sun rose over a silent but tired monastery. the Monks searched avidly for the victim, and in the Novice's cell, found it. Suprisingly, the novice was still alive, though barely. he was clutching a lock of hair in his hands, and when it was taken from him, he whispered, "look... under ....he... bed..." and died. the monks carefully did as he said, and found a twisted shape, half man half wolf. the cellerar ghandi rules was a very dead wolf!

Novice Izipo is dead, innocent
Brother Cellerar Ghandi Rules is dead, Guilty

It is day, posting is open
Item vote for a lock of hair. vote ends at midday

D'Artagnan59
Nov 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
ghost comment: WELCOME TO HELL, THE GREATEST PLACE IN EXISTENCE, GANDHI! I overthrew Satan and now I rule Hell. Hell is now a giant haven for fun. It has air conditioning now, a full bar and pool, and lots of stuff. Hell's heat isn't as bearable on my sexy fur.

Don't worry, you aren't in the uberdepths, the unimproved terrain where Satan lives. You're in Hell's Paradise. Just like Hawaii, but 10 times better.

Junil, if you're plannin' on suing me, all the lawyers are in Hell. Besides, I have Johnnie Cochran.

Niklas
Nov 13, 2007, 03:20 PM
The Brother Cellarer a wolf? How very surprising - not. Dear novice, your act of bravery will be forever remembered, and your name will be praised in this monastery for ages to come. By Junil.

Now this search should be wrapped up in the day. The Smith and the Cellarer had one other thing in common - the Brother Cook. He jumped to the Cellarer's defense, and he was one of few not to vote for the Smith. He strikes me as by far the most suspicious.

Catharsis
Nov 13, 2007, 03:43 PM
*sniff* Rest in peace, brother.

The cook does seem like the, uh, most likely choice. And unless anyone, um, objects, I would like the lock of hair... the Novice was my brother, so it might, er, mean something.

Bzzzzt. Beep beep beep bzzzzt.

Apparently I may already have won, um, a timeshare in Hell. That's, erm, nice.

Mergle
Nov 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
Father Abbot speaks wisely. The Cook appears highly suspicious and to have been working hand-in-glove with the smith.

Niklas
Nov 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
The Page can have the lock of hair. If the Novice was his brother, it is only fair.

Brisingamen
Nov 13, 2007, 04:35 PM
Like I said
what is led
to be believed
Shows that the cook
like a book
hides a few things under its cover

Izipo
Nov 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
{Sorry for not being more active, I was away for the weekend and when I got back the vote was pretty much decided. So I decided to stay out of it. Game wise, I'll reserve some explanations for when this is over, which will be soon by the way it looks}

Tasslehoff
Nov 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
Niklas, do not betray your brethren wolves.

The others are in on his plan. They support betraying me.

My time on this earth is over, and may Abbot, the Cellarer, and the bell ringer burn in hell for eternity.

I see you all think of me as your sacrificial puppet. I see you value your latest convert than me.

You heard it from the horse's mouth.

The Librarian hobbles in, cackling

Heehee, so Smithy Wolfy may have been telling some truth, eh? Heeheehee! And yet, I still do not trust him. Does it not make sense, eh, to test his words? Yes, the books agree. "Prove a theory right once may be a fluke, prove it right twice, and you've got an answer." Eh? Heeheehee!

The Librarian seems to become more sane by the second, his merry face relaxing.

Father Abbot has led us well in the past, yet he is named as a wolf! And notice, he is the first to vote one who isn't named as a wolf to death. Could our father abbot be leading us astray? Could he be a wolf? Must we mistrust our Abbot?

In an instant, his sanity seems gone once again.

Heehee! Must we mistrust! Ha! It rhymes! I could write a book of poetry, I could. Wouldn't you like a book of my poetry along on the shelf with ye', my booksies?

Again, the insanity recedes.

We must try Wolfie Smithie's words again before attacking our dear Abbot. Let the Bell Ringer die, now, and quickly. And the Page may have that lock of hair.

And if I die tonight, what fun! We know that Father Abbot, a wolf, is one!

Heehee, more rhyme!

Rheinmetall
Nov 13, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'll vote the Cook.

Chandrasekhar
Nov 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
{Apologies for being gone recently - I only got back in home from a trip last night.}

Well, how interesting. The Smith names me a wolf after admitting to being a wolf himself, and he names the Cellarer as well. Then the Cellarer dies the very next night, and appears to be a werewolf. Perhaps I have a vested interest in discrediting the Smith's last words, but I'd rather not force the mob to kill myself (or the Father Abbot, I suppose) to prove him wrong.

See, the whole thing seems to stink, in my opinion. I put forward the following scenario: The Smith is doomed to die by the mob, and so implicates three innocents. The following night, the remaining werewolves choose to use some werewolf trickery to kill one of the three innocents and make him look like a werewolf, hoping that the mob will go after one of the two other implicated innocents.

Of course, that alone doesn't explain the dead Novice, does it? I'd guess that he was one of the attacking werewolves and that the same trickery that makes the Cellarer look guilty made him look innocent, but perhaps the werewolves simply got a second kill and dragged them into the same room to confuse us. In any case, the Cook wouldn't be a werewolf by this theory - supporting the Cellarer would make him a human, if anything. I'll withold my vote for now.

Tasslehoff
Nov 13, 2007, 11:45 PM
{Apologies for being gone recently - I only got back in home from a trip last night.}

Well, how interesting. The Smith names me a wolf after admitting to being a wolf himself, and he names the Cellarer as well. Then the Cellarer dies the very next night, and appears to be a werewolf. Perhaps I have a vested interest in discrediting the Smith's last words, but I'd rather not force the mob to kill myself (or the Father Abbot, I suppose) to prove him wrong.

See, the whole thing seems to stink, in my opinion. I put forward the following scenario: The Smith is doomed to die by the mob, and so implicates three innocents. The following night, the remaining werewolves choose to use some werewolf trickery to kill one of the three innocents and make him look like a werewolf, hoping that the mob will go after one of the two other implicated innocents.

Of course, that alone doesn't explain the dead Novice, does it? I'd guess that he was one of the attacking werewolves and that the same trickery that makes the Cellarer look guilty made him look innocent, but perhaps the werewolves simply got a second kill and dragged them into the same room to confuse us. In any case, the Cook wouldn't be a werewolf by this theory - supporting the Cellarer would make him a human, if anything. I'll withold my vote for now.

Or the far more obvious solution: You, sirrahthingummywutmajig, are a WOLF, and are just making up complete, er, cow dung to wrangle out of dying, eh?

Heehee, cow dung.

But go ahead, mobbies. Go kill the cook. See how far that gets you. And when I die, you know why.

Brother Librarian hobbles off, carrying several books

Isn't that right, my booksies, eh? You must care for yourself soon, I will be killed soon precious. Heehee, booksies caring for themselves, eh?

Chandrasekhar
Nov 14, 2007, 12:04 AM
The Bell Ringer gives a heavy shrug.

Your theory would require the Smith to use his last action to betray his fellow werewolves. Bluffs aside, I really don't see that as very likely.

Tasslehoff
Nov 14, 2007, 12:18 AM
But, quite obviously, he did betray at least one of his fellow wolves. Because, despite all your er, cow dung, the Cellarer is a wolf. If the Smith was, as he says, betrayed by his fellow teammates, it's perfectly possible that he decided to betray them all. Is it not safer to kill one who we have strong suspicions of, rather than one who MIGHT be a wolf for defending a wolf?

The cook could have had a hidden agenda, too. I find it much more likely that the Bell Ringer is a wolf than the Cook.

Once again, the Librarian addresses his books.

You believe me, don't you, me booksies. You know I'm right. I'll most definitely die tonight. But if I do, heehee, the wolves are all but finished.

PrinceScamp
Nov 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
OOC: MAJOR lightning/wind/rain storm took out my power for the last two days. It only came back on just before I had to leave for work today.

IC: I did not jump to the defense of ghandi, I was already suspicious of Rhein. I did not vote for the smith because two reasons;

1. There were more than enough votes on him already so there was no need.

2. I wanted to draw attention to the threat the Ashen Veil still poses. Wether or not Rheinemtall can complete his mission now makes no difference. If he walks free of here he will only spread his evil!

And no I do not think the werewolves are anyless important.

The cook returns to the kitchen to prepare the best god damned supper he was ever cooked

(OOC: Can the GM mention it being a really good supper in the night post please?)

Chandrasekhar
Nov 14, 2007, 12:30 AM
The point on which we seem to disagree, Librarian, is on whether or not the Cellarer was certainly a wolf or not. I maintain that it was werewolf trickery. It's just too convenient to actually be true, in my eyes.

PrinceScamp
Nov 14, 2007, 12:54 AM
Brother Librarian, all I want to do is cook great meals. it's simple as that. I have no hidden agenda.

Kol.7
Nov 14, 2007, 12:55 AM
Hmm just one wolf remaining. Well you all know what I think. I agree with whoever it was that we should kill Rheinmetall to stop ihm from spreading his evil. However, for now I think I will see how it all plays out, For now I will abstain.

gandhi rules
Nov 14, 2007, 09:00 AM
. .. .. .. ., HE WAS TOO STRONG FOR ME! The Baron will come and get you all!

When the brother cellarers demon spirit slowly vanished to the lands of the Infernals he voke up as a mane. Where hyborem greeted him.

PrinceScamp
Nov 14, 2007, 12:15 PM
OOC: the dead do NOT SPEAK

Catharsis
Nov 14, 2007, 12:32 PM
Now that's, um, interesting. The cellarer calls out from beyond the grave, erm, disproving Chandrasekhar's theory, and the cook's only response is to tell him to, uh, shut up? {That's what his post originally said before it was edited.}

Kol.7
Nov 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
How do we know that Rheinmetall needed the pages body for his vile act,
I'll vote the Cook.
How do we know he didn't just say that but really the one he needs is the cook? I am disgusted that the majority of people here in the monastry are happy to allow thiis abomination within it's ranks. Rheinmetall is no less dangerous and no less of a threat to this monastry than the werewolves.

We only have vague suspicions and a wolf's testimony as to who the remaining wolf is yet Rheinmetall has admitted to plotting against us.

Brothers, I beg of you to see sense and rid our home of this vile creature before he destroys us all.

Rheinmetall
Nov 14, 2007, 01:47 PM

How do we know he didn't just say that but really the one he needs is the cook? I am disgusted that the majority of people here in the monastry are happy to allow thiis abomination within it's ranks. Rheinmetall is no less dangerous and no less of a threat to this monastry than the werewolves.

We only have vague suspicions and a wolf's testimony as to who the remaining wolf is yet Rheinmetall has admitted to plotting against us.

Brothers, I beg of you to see sense and rid our home of this vile creature before he destroys us all.

You fail at logic. You are more dangerous to this monastery than I because you insist killing someone who can't harm you and let a wolf live for another day, thus costing one more innocent life. Whatever.

*Takes a small flute out of his pocket and starts playing.*

Kol.7
Nov 14, 2007, 02:02 PM
*Takes a small flute out of his pocket and starts playing.*

He's summoning his IMP! Quick someone stop him! This man is a threat to us all! How can you people just stand there letting him get away with this!

Niklas
Nov 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
It is a sad day when a follower of the Veil speaks more wisely than our own priest...

Kol.7
Nov 14, 2007, 02:11 PM
How dare you! Fool! Why are you so blind, this man will destroy us all. You have no evidence on who the last wolf is. so you hang the innocent cook , then rheinmettal uses his body to summon the imp, then the wolf kills one more innocent. The next day you will still have no idea who the wolf is, another innocent will die, rheinmetal and his imp will probs kill another innocent, the wolf would kill YET ANOTHER innocent.

It makes so much more sense to kill him now, yes the wolf will still kill someone, but we would not have hanged an innocent and we will save the lives of further innocents in days to come. After his death we can work out who the wolf is and hang it.

{EDIT: btw please no one actually feel offended by anything I say lol, its just RP :p}

D'Artagnan59
Nov 14, 2007, 03:02 PM
OOC: I'm sorry, this man namd Hyborem is not the ruler anymore. The Smith rules it now and quite frankly, it's ****ing awesome.

gandhi rules
Nov 14, 2007, 03:06 PM
OOC: Infernal
Alignment: Evil (Entropy)
Race: Demon
Starts with: Law, Fire and Entropy mana.
Enemies: Mercurians, Kuriotates
Leader:
Hyborem (http://kael.civfanatics.net/images/Leaders/Hyborem.jpg) (Bar/Sco/Sum)
Theme: http://kael.civfanatics.net/images/Audio/Infernal.mp3
Desc: Demons, denizens of Hell. They hope to open up gates to the world of man and then either conquer it or pull the entire plane into Hell. He's cooler than that, the guy Hyborem looks like most is Diabolo...

thomas.berubeg
Nov 14, 2007, 03:11 PM
the dead aer dead in thier respective planes.... they do not speak. so shut up

PrinceScamp
Nov 14, 2007, 04:31 PM
{OOC (Out of Charactor)
Now that's, um, interesting. The cellarer calls out from beyond the grave, erm, disproving Chandrasekhar's theory, and the cook's only response is to tell him to, uh, shut up? {That's what his post originally said before it was edited.}

That post is OUT OF CHARACTOR (aka OOC). What ghandi said has no bearing on the game because he is DEAD and my post was OOC which means my charactor the cook NEVER SAID THAT.}

{EDIT: Because I ended up creating a new page:

the dead are dead in thier respective planes.... they do not speak. so shut up}

Frozen In Ice
Nov 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
I agree that we shout definately kill Rheinmetall now, and then try to find another wolf tomorrow. And by the way, Kol.7 how do you know that there are only three wolves?

Allysian_Fields
Nov 14, 2007, 09:52 PM
I believe our own priest is being more suspicious than the ashen veil follower. Kol. 7, I realize that he is of the Ashen Veil, but I have never heard of a flute being used to summon an imp. Besides, the wolves are our main priority. However, as of yet, I have not decided who it is I see as the most deserving to be condemned...

Rheinmetall
Nov 14, 2007, 10:26 PM
{I think we need an exorcist here with all the ghosts running in the corners. In all seriousness, SHUT UP! logren would be going bananas if he was here.}

Kol.7
Nov 15, 2007, 01:28 AM
Rheinmetall is no less of a threat to us than the wolves. We dont have any evidence on who is the last, if it is the last, wolf so it makes sense to kill him instead of another innocent man. See, that way we wont be killing anyone innocent, yes the wolves will still kill soeone, theres nothing we can do about that but surely it would be better if we at least manage to remove 1 threat even if it is of lesser imiediacy.

Catharsis
Nov 15, 2007, 04:49 AM

Your logic is, er, flawed, Priest. Rheinmetall's original vote was for the cellarer. He had no idea that, um, the cook would jump to his aid so rapidly. If he needed the cook's body then would it not have been, erm, easier to vote for the cook?

Plus, when he did, uh, change his vote from the cellarer to one of his supporters, it was D'Artagnan, not PrinceScamp, that got nailed. A golden opportunity to gain power, um, and he blew it.

I don't exactly trust Rheinmetall (he wants to use my dead deceased corpse for, er, matters of unspeakable horror, so why would I?) but he's, um, making the most sense so far.

PrinceScamp
Nov 15, 2007, 01:01 PM
Oh for the last time, I did not ju- oh forget it. You're a pack of fools! All of you! Enjoy your last supper! I can't cook for you if I'm dead, nor do I want to cook for most of you anyways!

Kol.7
Nov 15, 2007, 01:30 PM
Indeed. The ignorance of these men truly saddens me. To be honest I'm starting to regret coming here. For the last time I shall beg you all to follow my vote. You can still save this monastry my friends but ultimately, if you want to die then go ahead and vote for another inncocent, that way the wolves and rheinmetall wil kill us all. If not, then please vote Rheinmetall.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 15, 2007, 04:24 PM
Brother Cook- Niklas, Catharsis, Mergle, Brisingamen, Rheinmetall
Bell ringer Chandresekhar- Tasslehoff
Rheinmetall: Prince Scamp, Kol.7, Frozen in ice

There was not too much of a debate today, with The Cook gaining a lead in votes that he would keep to the evening. When it became obvious that he was going to die, he said he was going to create a last supper to rule all other suppers he had made, and treat the monks to it. It was lavish, and at desert, the monk calmly took his own coffee, and poured a small vial of poison in it. He drank it and died calmly. The monks gathered around, hoping, but not really daring to hope, for the signs of Wolfishness. There were none

the Cook was innocent

After dinner, and after the cook’s body had been laid in the crypt, the Abbot took the Bell Ringer aside, and they walked out together onto the walls of the monastery. Priest Kol.7 exchanged a look with the Pilgrim, and they followed the two out into courtyard. It was in shock that they saw the Abbot push the bell ringer from the wall onto the hard stone of the courtyard. What was more suprising was the bellinger landing on all fours, unharmed, his skin rippling with change. He glanced up at the abbot, and asked “what’re you doing? You’re one of us…”
“No, I’m not!” the abbot responed, Jumping in turn towards the bellringer and shifting to a wolf shape in the air. The bellringer, now also in wolf shape, leapt to meet him, and they collided in midair, twisting and snarling. The ripped at each other’s throat, and the abbot threw the Bell ringer towards the wall. He collided with it and fell, bleeding and broken to the Ground. “Kill me, then!” He said. “you think they’ll let you live after what you’ve done?” he tried to get up, and managed to slink, limping towards the abbot wolf
“what I’ve done?” this last responded? “I’ve ridded this monastery of you!”
And with that, the two wolves were at each other’s throat again. It was a lost cause, though, for the Bell ringer Had been severely damaged by his fall and collision with the wall. The abbot ripped his throat out, and threw the dead wolf to the ground.

He stood up and shifted to human form. By this time, all the survivors of the monastery had gathered. “I’m leaving you” the abbot said. “the memories in this place are too long, and you’ll never trust me again. Kol.7, though you are from a distant land, I appoint thee abbot of this monastery” and with that, he shifted back to wolf form, and loped off through the gates. It was the last the monastery would ever see of him…

The Game is over, innocent victory

And, an character that could be used in future NOTWs J

I will post game notes soon

thomas.berubeg
Nov 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
The Wolves:

Father Abbot (the good wolf): You have been in charge of the monastery for a long time. Long enough that you’ve seen it decline, you realize how far its fallen from it’s former glory…but there’s not much you can do about it. However, you have a secret. Ever so often, the spirit of the baron tossed in it’s sleep, and strange things happened to those in the monastery above. When you were but a young page guarding the door, one such shaking happened, and you, now the abbot, turn into a wolf on the full moon. However, unlike the other wolves, you keep you sanity at night… you know what you are doing.
Strength: +3 ( at night, you turn into a wolf, but you keep your sanity) on your own, you are able to take care of one wolf (most wolves are +2 strength.) however, you’ll never be able to resist all of them.
Objective: Kill the last wolf at night. Should 2/3 of the wolves be dead, PM me who you think the last wolf is. Should you attack the wrong person, your cover will be blown, and every one will know you are a wolf. If you are right, know one will ever know what happened. You will have won the game.

Brother Smith:
Wolf
You are the brute wolf… the fighter, the killer. It is you who does the killing, while the Bell Ringer and the Cellerar watch your back. The Bell ringer is the Alpha Wolf, so he’ll make the final decision on the target, though you are free to advise him. However, you are much stronger than him. You would a much better leader. If you get your hands on an item, you would be able to kill him and take his rightful place.
Objective: Become alpha wolf.
Strength (+3)

Brother Cellarer: Wolf
(watcher) you watch out to make sure that no one sneaks up on you during the killings. However, you know there is someone walking the halls of the monastery at night… You’ll need to glimpse him twice to know who he is… (I’ll PM you who it is, should that ever come up.)
Strength +2
Special power: Conversion. One night, you are allowed to convert one person to your cause… PM me your choice one night.

Bell Ringer:
Wolf
Alpha Wolf you make the decisions for the pack, and go along for the show, but you, the brains of the outfit, would never lower yourself to being part of the actual death. You leave the smith to do the brute work. The Cellerar keeps an eye out so that you are not surprised during the killing. Of course you will listen to the advice of you peers, but the final decision for the murder comes down to you. (PM me your choice in the beginning of the night)
Strength+2

NOTW XII

Characters

Father Abbot:
Brother Librarian:
Brother Guardian:
Brother Healer:
Brother Cook:
Brother Herbalist:
Brother Smith:
Guard:
Priest of Junil:
Pilgrim:
Brother Hymnist:
Novice:
Page:
Illuminist:
Bell Ringer:
Brother Cellarer:
Pensioner:
Archivist

Lost deep in the mountains of the Bannor empire lay an ancient crypt, a relic of the age of magic. To guard it, a monastery was built, devoted to the light of Junil. An order of monks lived there, protecting the world from what lay within the tomb. Centuries passed, and the order faded, a few devoted monks living where once hundreds had lived. Naturally, the magical protections frayed. In far away lands, people read of what lay within the crypt, and tried to summon it forth. The monks sensed this, and tried to resist, and resist they did, at first. The summons became more insistent, though, and one night of inattention by the apprentice guardian was all it took. The Baron was woken from his long sleep, and escaped, called to fight in far away wars. But before leaving, he left a gift to those who had kept him imprisoned for the long ages…

NOTW XII… The Name of the Rose

Father Abbot (the good wolf): You have been in charge of the monastery for a long time. Long enough that you’ve seen it decline, you realize how far its fallen from it’s former glory…but there’s not much you can do about it. However, you have a secret. Ever so often, the spirit of the baron tossed in it’s sleep, and strange things happened to those in the monastery above. When you were but a young page guarding the door, one such shaking happened, and you, now the abbot, turn into a wolf on the full moon. However, unlike the other wolves, you keep you sanity at night… you know what you are doing.
Strength: +3 ( at night, you turn into a wolf, but you keep your sanity) on your own, you are able to take care of one wolf (most wolves are +2 strength.) however, you’ll never be able to resist all of them.
Objective: Kill the last wolf at night. Should 2/3 of the wolves be dead, PM me who you think the last wolf is. Should you attack the wrong person, your cover will be blown, and every one will know you are a wolf. If you are right, know one will ever know what happened. You will have won the game.

Brother Librarian: As librarian of the monastery, you have long held a position of power You keep the long dusty aisles of books in order. But something in that dark, dusty labyrinth must have twisted you mind… at night, you find you head filled with thoughts of murder. No, not murder: just retribution, from a just god. All the Sinners must be destroyed. Unfortunately, you only have one Knife.
Objective: The Archivist and Illumnist spend much too much time together. They must BOTH die.
Special power: Murder: one night, you are allowed to kill off one player using the knife.
Strength: (+0)
Knife: (+2) (only until it is used to kill a player. After that, you remain at 0 strength, an easy target for wolves.)

Brother Guardian: It is your task to keep the monastery safe. You have to protect it from any things, be it attackers from the outside or from the inside. You have noticed that the Priest of Junil is looking in a menacing way at your own, devoted abbot. You think he is wishing him harm. HE MUST DIE
Strength:+5 (though if you are attacked, your strength will fall to zero.)
Objective: Kill the Priest of Junil.

Brother Healer: You are a healer in name only (your name being John Healer) in truth you are a retired Sorcerer… or that’s what the people of the monastery think. After a magical accident, you lost all of your powers, though you can feel a flicker of residual power deep within you. You were never a religious person, but you figured that since you have nothing to lose, why not come try faith… maybe you’ll get your power back. While at the monastery, you read of an ancient crystal… a ruby, a shard from an old Amurite spell that went wrong, a piece which can focus magic, power it and concentrate it. This will get your powers back.
Objective: get the crystal to get your powers back
Special powers: none, for now… but should you get the crystal back, you’ll have at your command spells of immense power. (I’ll tell you what you’ll be bale to do when you get the crystal back.
Strength: 0

Brother Cook: You are the cook for the monastery. You have been cooking for these monks for long ages… you can remember the abbot when he was but a novice. You have nothing you care about more than your cooking… save maybe a small red ruby you carry always around your neck. With it, you always seem to have more power… though you have no idea how that is.
Equipment: Ruby
Strength:0

Brother Herbalist: you are the herbalist, obviously… but you are much more than that. You are an alchemist, too. But you do not try to transmute matter into gold… that’s for the base, crude alchemists of the cities. You, you have perfected potions beyond their ken… you can cast death at a distance, and bring a dead back to life… from any form of death, be it poison, knife, wolf claw, or lynching… however, these potions are hard to make, and you only have one of each.
Strength: +0
Equipment: 1 each of potion of life and potion of death.

Brother Smith:
Wolf
You are the brute wolf… the fighter, the killer. It is you who does the killing, while the Bell Ringer and the Cellerar watch your back. The Bell ringer is the Alpha Wolf, so he’ll make the final decision on the target, though you are free to advise him. However, you are much stronger than him. You would a much better leader. If you get your hands on an item, you would be able to kill him and take his rightful place.
Objective: Become alpha wolf.
Strength (+3)

Guard (the bragger): You been hired to accompany the Priest of Junil. You were busily bragging in an Inn, when in walked a priest in a large robe. He immediately believed you story, and offered you a job. You readily accepted: you needed the money, and you won’t have to fight. Now, though, people might turn to you for protection, you having been running you mouth off while you’ve been here.
Objective: Priest of Junil must not die.
Special power: Braggery: you do exert some influence over the others in the monastery. The first person to vote for you every day will find that there will be a vote against them also.
Strength (+0)

Priest of Junil: You came to this monastery from an elohim monastery to learn how things were done here in banor lands. However, you’ve decided you could rule this monastery better than that incompetent abbot.
Objective: Kill the Abbot
Strength: +0
Power of faith: for one night, you will be infused by the strength of junil, able to resist any and all attackers. However, this power can only be used once.

Pilgrim(the summoner): You are a disciple of the Viel, and are here for the sole purpose of corrupting the Beneficial aura of this monastery. To do this, you will need the help of an imp, which you must summon. To do this, you will need an innocent sacrifice. The page must be killed by the people. Once you have summoned the Imp, it will do it’s best to protect you.
Objective: Have the page Lynched
Object: portable pentacle: allows summoning.

Brother Hymnist: You were once the greatest Harper in ljosalfar lands… in this monastery, you are the only female, and an elf at that. (the “brother” is just a title) your name was known through the land, but after a scandal, you retired your harp, and set your talents for the good of Junil… though, at heart, you are still devoted to the trees you once walked through. It is said that your harp, played by the right hands (yours of course), is able to calm even the most savage beast… however, you know that you would only be able to do this once: the strain on your harp would be too much. Also, your harp is worthless to other, except as a monetary value. Also, that librarian seems much to fanatic to be safe and sane…
Objective: Kill the librarian
Strength: 0
Equipment: harp, protects from one werewolf attack.

Novice: you are the page’s brother, and even in back in your village in the Elohim lands, his protector. You were always the stronger, more assertive of the two, and he the dreamer. He’s grown more distant from you, might not trust you anymore, but you’ll always stand with him.
Objective: the Page must not die!
Strength: +1
Equipment: Lock of hair the page’s hair:+2, it is useless to others, and useless if the page is already dead.

Page (prophet): you are new at the monastery, and though you know that your brother the novice cares for you, you are homesick. at night, you wander the hallways. Having not yet been blinded by the truths here, you see things… things that others might kill you for.
Objective: don’t die. Simple enough…
Power: prophecy. Every night, you may ask whether a player is active.
Strength +0

Illuminist: The archivist and the Illumnist are as close as is humanly possible. You have never known love, only read of it, and it quite possible that this emotion you feel for each other is love.
Objective: Both of you must be alive at the end.
Special power: should the public vote be targeting one of you, the other’s vote will be counted twice. That might be enough to save you..

Bell Ringer:
Wolf
Alpha Wolf you make the decisions for the pack, and go along for the show, but you, the brains of the outfit, would never lower yourself to being part of the actual death. You leave the smith to do the brute work. The Cellerar keeps an eye out so that you are not surprised during the killing. Of course you will listen to the advice of you peers, but the final decision for the murder comes down to you. (PM me your choice in the beginning of the night)
Strength+2

Brother Cellarer: Wolf
(watcher) you watch out to make sure that no one sneaks up on you during the killings. However, you know there is someone walking the halls of the monastery at night… You’ll need to glimpse him twice to know who he is… (I’ll PM you who it is, should that ever come up.)
Strength +2
Special power: Conversion. One night, you are allowed to convert one person to your cause… PM me your choice one night.

Pensioner (the Crusader): You are an old crusader. You have fought veil fanatics and balor, and have grown old on the sound of their twisted screams. You have grown too old too fight, and have turned to the worship of junil in another way. You have taken residence in this monastery to pray you days out, and end up in heaven. However, as soon as you got to this monastery, you felt emanations you never thought you would feel again: the summoning of a demon. You know it is an imp, and as such, will not be able to attack it directly, but should you kill the summoner, you will be able to send the demon back to its hellhole.
Objective: Kill the Pilgrim.
Strength +1
Equipment: Sword and armor +0… you have sworn never to wear it again, and none else can effectively wear the armor of a Crusader.

Archivist:
The archivist and the Illumnist are as close as is humanly possible. You have never known love, only read of it, and it quite possible that this emotion you feel for each other is love.
Objective: Both of you must be alive at the end.
Special power: should the public vote be targeting one of you, the other’s vote will be counted twice. That might be enough to save you..

Reservist (demon):
For eternities you’ve been longing to be in the world of the living, but you knew that, being a rather low level infernal, you’d have almost no chance of making it… unless you found someone to summon you. And it’s happened. You’ve been whispering in his sleep for a long time, and he, a devoted follower of the veil has, at your urging, taken residence in a monastery to junil. He has been accumulating the materials needed to summon you over the years, and now, all that is needed is the death of a young boy. The page. You will enter thegame on the death of the page.
Objective: should your summoner die, you’ll be sent back to the world from whence you came. The Pilgrim must Survive, in any way possible.
Special power: Change two votes. During the day, you’ll be able to change the votes of two people to protect your summoner. PM me during the day who’s vote is going to be changed, and to what.
Strength: +0 (you can’t get attacked by wolves, nor by anyone else…so you have no strength…)

Updates:
Morning 1:
Night 1: It had Started with a rumor at breakfast, porridge, prepared by cook. someone whipered it to another... "the baron's gone." "the crypt's empty!"
It was only at lunch time that the Abbot, who had been poring over the magical binds and holds was able to confirm the ghastly truth.

The Baron had Woken and Escaped.

THe monastery was silent for dinner, all thinking on what had happened... and more importantly, had the baron taken revenge for his incarceration?

It was with this dark mood that the day that had started off so joyously ended, and the monks went to sleep. a sleep full of nightmares, twisted enough the have been sent by the overlords.

Morning 2: The nightmares would not fade when the monks awoke. Rather, they took a dangerous turn, having left the dream world and entered the real. For as the monks assembled to morning prayers, they noticed one of theirs was missing. Merciary, the Healer, was gone. He was found in his cell, ripped apart. His remains were reverentially taken to the catacombs beneath the monastery… his remains forever there to guard the Broken crypt of the Baron.

Merciary is the first Victim of the wolves, and was innocent

Evening two:
The vote for the day’s execution was for most of the day, overwhelmingly against the illuminist. It was only towards the end of the day that the votes started branching off, but to no avail. The illuminist still had an overwhelming majority against him. And so, the first victim of the monastery’s lynching was to be one who had created great works of art in the library.

The illuminist spent the last of his living hours with his close friend the Archivist, and came readily to the courtyard, where the execution was to take place. The cook gave the illuminist the poisoned broth that had been decided upon as a method of execution. It was quick, and the illuminist died without pain. He was observed for the tell tale signs of wolfishness, but none appeared.

The Illuminist was innocent

PMS:

To PrinceScamp:
Brother Cook: You are the cook for the monastery. You have been cooking for these monks for long ages… you can remember the abbot when he was but a novice. You have nothing you care about more than your cooking… save maybe a small red ruby you carry always around your neck. With it, you always seem to have more power… though you have no idea how that is.
Equipment: Ruby
I forgot to add your special power: POison. not to kill someone, but to weaken them. you can apply this enmass, or to a specific person. you have an unlimited suplly of said poison. (though that might change if i decide it's too powerful):mischief: ;)
DUDE I was going to PM you asking if I can poison people.

Awesome.

How much does it weaken them? 1 strength? NUllifies special (non-magic item or other protection they do not have to constantly maintain excluded) protection for a night? Or more often?
the second one... takes away their ability to use the special power for one night. and only one person per night.
How would it affect wolves? Weaken one so it can't join in the hunt?
weaken his strength,

To Niklas: they will try to infect you, but since you are not human, it will do nothing. nothing else is changed.

i'm not telling you who the other wolves are yet. (you are converted only at night, and it's still day.)
That's only fair. Heh, you realize this game will be a walk-over for me now right? They clearly picked the wrong person. :lol:
yup, you've basically just won the game...

To Niklas Chandresekhar, Ghandi rules, and D’artagnan59: It is night, as the father abbot goes back to his cell. he closes the door, and gets ready to for bed.
"wait..." he hears a growl "we mean you no harm." the bell ringer Chandrasekhar's form detaches itself from the shadows.
"what are you doing here?" the abbot asks.
"Making you one of us" another voice whispers, as the cellerar appears out of the shadows near the window
"what do you mean?"
"you will join us in the hunt. make them pay for imprisoning our father..."
Strong arms encircle the abbot from behind, stifling all posiblities of struggle. "It'l be easier if you don't move," the smith's voice whispers in his ear. in one fluid movement, the Bell ringer and the Cellerar transform into wolves. the cellerar takes one of the abbot's unresisting hands, and bits it lightly, letting he curse flow into the blood.
"Come, the hunt must begin... i have choosen our target for tonight." the bell ringer says.

There are now four wolves... Good luck with the erst of the game.

sincerely
Thomas

sirtommygunn
Nov 15, 2007, 04:39 PM
heh. so we basically won through bad wolf targets and luck?

thomas.berubeg
Nov 15, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yup... the wolves lost in my opinion when they tried to convert Niklas... though D'art giving everything away was kind of stupid (sorry d'art)

Catharsis
Nov 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
Heh, so it was Chandrasekhar? The old 'be suspicious of the person you see sending a PM right at the beginning of the game when nothing's been said' approach would have worked here.

Yep, I was the prophet, but I didn't really do anything. I scried Tasslehoff first, but he was 'active on some nights, but not this one', so I left him alone. Then I tried Brisingamen, who wasn't active, but didn't really offer much of a response to the PM I sent (but she did reveal her special ability, which could have been useful later on). The last person I tried was Niklas, who turned out to be active. Figures, I get one wolf and it's the good one. :lol:

Why, oh why am I always the prophet? I've played five of these games, and have been the prophet, or a prophet, in four of them. :crazyeye:

Anyway, good GMing, thomas! It's a shame this was so short, I'd have liked to see Tasslehoff's ability come into play.

Niklas
Nov 15, 2007, 05:19 PM
You can imagine my reaction when Thomas told me I was to be "converted" ;). Apologies to the Cook, whom I more or less sacrificed only to fulfil my own objective.

Oh and Catharsis, don't try that kind of PM thinking on me, I reckon <10% of all my PMs have anything to do with any forum games. And Chand is getting into NESing too, so he also has legitimate causes. What I found really amusing though is last NotW when I noticed you removed your online status when you went to write me a PM. You can see the difference between being offline and being hidden you know. And I would be a lot more suspicious of someone trying to hide than someone PMing. :p

thomas.berubeg
Nov 15, 2007, 05:23 PM
Niklas had his objective handed to him on a silver platter, as did Tasslehoff.

Catharsis
Nov 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
Oh and Catharsis, don't try that kind of PM thinking on me, I reckon <10% of all my PMs have anything to do with any forum games. And Chand is getting into NESing too, so he also has legitimate causes. What I found really amusing though is last NotW when I noticed you removed your online status when you went to write me a PM. You can see the difference between being offline and being hidden you know. And I would be a lot more suspicious of someone trying to hide than someone PMing. :p

Yes, that's why I didn't think anything of it. I reckoned he was probably sending his NES orders. :sad:

Re: the hidden status: while you would notice the difference (because you were the one sending the PM, so checking my profile to see if I'd received it) others would not be diligently checking my profile at that time - because I'd be hidden, and so not on the 'Users Online' list. So anyone else using that tactic would not see me sending a PM and ('cause I'm not a NESer) get suspicious. Especially as I'm always inevitably the prophet. :shake: :p

thomas.berubeg
Nov 15, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, that's why I didn't think anything of it. I reckoned he was probably sending his NES orders. :sad:

Re: the hidden status: while you would notice the difference (because you were the one sending the PM, so checking my profile to see if I'd received it) others would not be diligently checking my profile at that time - because I'd be hidden, and so not on the 'Users Online' list. So anyone else using that tactic would not see me sending a PM and ('cause I'm not a NESer) get suspicious. Especially as I'm always inevitably the prophet. :shake: :p

Note: if wolf, kill Catharsis first.

I was really dissapointed the the demon didn't get into the game.

Izipo
Nov 15, 2007, 05:59 PM
The old 'be suspicious of the person you see sending a PM right at the beginning of the game when nothing's been said'

So, is this why you never answered my initial PM ?
Oh my, and the whole time I thought you were the wolf... :lol:

@Gandhi : pwned !
@Thomas : Good Game ! Nice characters ! Also loved the no kills on the 1st day rule. :goodjob:
@Kol 7 : Excellent roleplay. You remind me of The13thRonin. It's gonna get you killed, though. I could just picture a mad inquisitor when reading your posts.
@Niklas : Congrats on a lucky win. Poor wolves :lol:
@All : That was fun. See you soon.
@All (2, in response to Thomas note) : Killing either Catharsis, LightFang, Chand or Niklas at the start may seem like a good idea, but it will make for a boring game.

merciary
Nov 15, 2007, 06:04 PM
What could I do after I got the cook's ruby? I never had a chance.

P.S. My NOTW will be up sometime in the near future, once I get pm's and stats written up. Some characters will be stolen.

Catharsis
Nov 15, 2007, 06:04 PM
So, is this why you never answered my initial PM ?

Your initial PM didn't really say much. If I recall correctly, it said you'd support me, right? I read it, thought 'That's nice,' and then thought nothing else of it.

I didn't scry you, either, because I was sure thomas would have set it up so that you'd be active at night (predicting that you'd be the first person I tested), making me think you were a wolf. In hindsight, I probably should've done it anyway. Ah well. :lol:

PrinceScamp
Nov 15, 2007, 06:12 PM
As thomas mentioned in a second PM, I could also POISON as many of you as I wanted. It would take away ability or something like that.

I put poison into everyone's food for the Last Supper, except Kol.7

EDIT: Great game, I really liekd having the first day to get into charactor, although I sort of ;et go of that later on.

EDIT: What's the next NoTW?

Izipo
Nov 15, 2007, 06:18 PM
@ Catharsis : That's why I love these games. The paranoia level is just so high.
My initial PM was just a 'hello I'm on your side' type of PM. While you thought "how nice" and didn't answer, I was going nuts thinking "Oh my, he didn't answer, that and what was written in my character PM must mean he's a wolf" :crazyeye:
So, yes, I had a hard time playing my character.

thomas.berubeg
Nov 15, 2007, 07:04 PM
What could I do after I got the cook's ruby? I never had a chance.

P.S. My NOTW will be up sometime in the near future, once I get pm's and stats written up. Some characters will be stolen.

you could have cast an fireball as well as some healing spells, and escape (if you wanted to get away from the monastery)

D'Artagnan59
Nov 15, 2007, 07:23 PM
Niklas. The good wolf. I should've known.

He was the one who meant to sacrifice me. That's why I called out all the evils of the town. The Curse of the Smith. Destroyed the wolves.

Tasslehoff
Nov 15, 2007, 07:39 PM
Heh, so it was Chandrasekhar? The old 'be suspicious of the person you see sending a PM right at the beginning of the game when nothing's been said' approach would have worked here.

Yep, I was the prophet, but I didn't really do anything. I scried Tasslehoff first, but he was 'active on some nights, but not this one', so I left him alone. Then I tried Brisingamen, who wasn't active, but didn't really offer much of a response to the PM I sent (but she did reveal her special ability, which could have been useful later on). The last person I tried was Niklas, who turned out to be active. Figures, I get one wolf and it's the good one. :lol:

Why, oh why am I always the prophet? I've played five of these games, and have been the prophet, or a prophet, in four of them. :crazyeye:

Anyway, good GMing, thomas! It's a shame this was so short, I'd have liked to see Tasslehoff's ability come into play.

You fools! I told you Niklas and Chand were wolves!!! And yet, Chand was the only person who ever acknowledged my logic...

EDIT: Can we see a "who completed objectives, who didnt" list like last time? Thanks, great GMing Thomas
I was planning to kill the Bell Ringer tonight, use it as prove that Niklas was a wolf, and kill him...

For those who didn't know: my power was murder: I could kill exactly one person throughout the game. My objective was to kill the archivist and the illuminist, but I was very fortunate, as thomas pointed out to have one of them bandwagoned early, and the other slaughtered by wolves. :D .

Chandrasekhar
Nov 15, 2007, 08:07 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bah, I thought that I had had the game in the palm of my paw from the beginning, but I was pretty much screwed whatever happened, after the first couple of days were decided. :p Really excellent game, thomas, I love all the awesome extra abilities and subplots that kept everyone working towards a coherent objective. With this coming right after Nero's fire's game, I'm really feeling like I ought to host another one.

And Niklas, we're now officially even for NotW VIII. ;)

I put poison into everyone's food for the Last Supper, except Kol.7

:rotfl: You should've had the final fight between Niklas and I be a clumsy, drunken one, thomas. Might've taken away the epic, "OMG Game Over!" factor, but it's a tradeoff. :p

:hmm: What if PrinceScamp had poisoned Niklas's supper but not mine?

PrinceScamp
Nov 15, 2007, 09:13 PM
He probably would have limped away wounded.

LightFang
Nov 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
Killing either Catharsis, LightFang, Chand or Niklas at the start may seem like a good idea, but it will make for a boring game.

Awww. I feel loved now. :)

So anyway I was the Archivist. There were two sad things:

1. They piled on the votes on the Illuminist. I couldn't use my special power because I was at school; thus I couldn't save him.
2. I died! :( But I still lurked around.

Kol.7
Nov 16, 2007, 01:39 AM
Gaah Niklas why didn't you die lol. I should have known you were a wolf, oh well at least we won, kinda all thanks to you but still.

Great Game.

Niklas
Nov 16, 2007, 04:33 AM
And Niklas, we're now officially even for NotW VIII. ;)
Indeed we are, and what a sweet revenge it was! :D

Rheinmetall
Nov 16, 2007, 06:06 AM
I guess I was the only one in the end who knew Niklas was the good wolf. I made the mistake when I started hunting down D'Art. I should have kept my vote on the cellarer.

Mergle
Nov 16, 2007, 08:49 AM
Great fun, thanks everyone esp. the GM.

I had a bit limited computer time this game which got in my way, and then I got in agonies of indecision because I was *sure* the abbot was a wolf (well, he was...) but my objective was to get the priest killed and best way to do that was support the abbot against his mad rantings...

Kol.7
Nov 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
lol Mergle, don't know what your talking about. I never rant madly:mischief:

Besides my aim was to kill Niklas and become the new abbot. I was sure someone's aim was to kill me but I would never have thought it was you. Reading through the character pms I think one of the characters had to protect me from dying at all costs, sadly I think he was inactive for the whole game lol.

@Kol 7 : Excellent roleplay. You remind me of The13thRonin. It's gonna get you killed, though. I could just picture a mad inquisitor when reading your posts.

Thanks Izipo, I think these games are best when everyone roleplays a lot. (hope I didn't offend anyone especially Niklas lol) Mind you my 'tactics' if you like were basicly the same as the last one I was in, and both of those games combined I've only had one vote for me to hang, during the first game, which was basicly a warning from Niklas to stop accusing random ppl lol, even though I was right all along.

Anyway so, I'm definately looking forward to the next game, if theres a place for me.

Niklas
Nov 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
I can assure you that it's very hard to offend me. I think you roleplayed very well, though I suspected from day one that you had as objective to kill me. You tried to accuse me of releasing the Baron even before the game started for real. :p

Kol.7
Nov 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah well no one particularly believed me or actually even cared lol.
EDIT: btw Princescamp I'm touched that you didnt poison me lol. Was it because I was diverting votes away from you trying to bandwagon Rheinmetall, unfortuantely it wasnt enough sorry :P.

PrinceScamp
Nov 16, 2007, 12:09 PM
and you will have a clear mind tonight.
I hinted at it in that PM.

And I agree, it IS a lot better when people RP a bit or at least post mroe than VOTE NAME. I don't understand (I know that sometimes real life get's in the way and you can't avoid it) how some people sign up for multiple games and then never participate!

gandhi rules
Nov 16, 2007, 12:54 PM
I have one shitty thing to say: DAMN I CHOOSE WRONG!

D'Artagnan59
Nov 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
inb4mods

LANGUAGE! BLEEP YOUR ****ING WORDS OUT!

thomas.berubeg
Nov 16, 2007, 02:09 PM
EDIT: Can we see a "who completed objectives, who didnt" list like last time? Thanks, great GMing Thomas

i'm working on one...

:p Really excellent game, thomas, I love all the awesome extra abilities and subplots that kept everyone working towards a coherent objective. With this coming right after Nero's fire's game, I'm really feeling like I ought to host another one.
yup, your turn! (well after merciary)
:rotfl: You should've had the final fight between Niklas and I be a clumsy, drunken one, thomas. Might've taken away the epic, "OMG Game Over!" factor, but it's a tradeoff. :p

:lol: :lol:

:hmm: What if PrinceScamp had poisoned Niklas's supper but not mine?
i would have had to figure that our had it happened:blush:

And I agree, it IS a lot better when people RP a bit or at least post mroe than VOTE NAME. I don't understand (I know that sometimes real life get's in the way and you can't avoid it) how some people sign up for multiple games and then never participate!

Same here. we should think of a mechanic that rewards RP.

I was really hopeing that the Imp would get summoned.

Merciary, i realized after i had already accepted nero's fire as a reserve that the first to die should have had the opportunity of being the imp (even though it never got summoned)

anyway, thanks all!

(i think this beats even NOTW3 for shortness)

D'Artagnan59
Nov 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
I definitely know it beats IX.

In IX, I saved the town.

PrinceScamp
Nov 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
I forget which ones are which. There have been like 10 and they are so far apart (sometimes) :crazyeye:

thomas.berubeg
Nov 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
yup, that's ten. (the first that was in forum games was Bad Player's NOTW, when we were still in the elohim village of foxford, and the first victim Sonne)

I kind of miss those old games...

PrinceScamp
Nov 16, 2007, 02:24 PM
Does anyone have links to them? I'll check my subscription list this evening.

And poor Sonne, how many times was she killed? 3? 4?

thomas.berubeg
Nov 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
they're all within a few pages of each other. ( i think NOTW 3,4, and five are maybe on page five?)

Kol.7
Nov 16, 2007, 02:55 PM
Is merciary doing the next NOTW? When will it be? I was thinking of GMing 1 myself maybe the 1 after the one after merciarys, depends if I'l have enough time.

PrinceScamp
Nov 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
I think Chand wants to do one soon too, after Merciary, so you might want to talk to him.

sirtommygunn
Nov 16, 2007, 06:07 PM
good game all, too bad im a bad bragger. i had to protect the priest of junil which i totally forgot about after night 2 :lol:

Chandrasekhar
Nov 16, 2007, 11:45 PM
Oh, don't reserve a GM slot for me. I don't even have a concept ironed out, and I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate, so by all means let anyone who wants to host do so before me.

Rheinmetall
Nov 17, 2007, 12:19 AM
I should not have told D'Art my goal. All I really needed to tell was that I was an ashen veil to get a confirmation that he really is a wolf like Niklas said. After killing D'Art the town would have probably trusted me enough that I could have had catharsis killed without too much trouble. I failed terribly with the imp, but atleast I managed to talk myself out of it alive.

Kol.7
Nov 17, 2007, 02:19 AM
Oh, don't reserve a GM slot for me. I don't even have a concept ironed out, and I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate, so by all means let anyone who wants to host do so before me.

Ok I sort of have something planned out. If I have time I'll GM after Merciary, I have my mocks soon though so at some point I really need to start revising lol. I'll probably have enough time though.

Atm the race of each character is pre-defined for story puposes. Hope no one minds.