Ask the Imam Online Q & A with Mufti Ebrahim Desai

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful > Marriage (Nikah) > Question 6737 from Germany 


Second marriage possible under these conditions. i would like to marry a woman who is 12 years old, her father and she has also agreed. What is your advise?

i am 45 and married to already 15 years now after the sexual desire of my woman has nearly gone i am looking to marry again. And i would like to marry a woman who is 12 years old, her father and she has also agreed, my first wife told me that it could make problems if it will be a big different in age, and also some of my children are older than my second wife. What is your advise ? And is it allowed for me to have already sexual intercourse with these woman after we are married or to i have to wait till she reach at special age ?

Answer 6737


View fatwas by random

View random fatwa

Email this question to yourself or a friend

Tell a friend

Show a printer friendly version of this question
Printable Copy

Search through the Fatwa Q & A's
Search Q & A's 

Browse through the Fatwa Q & A's
View Q & A's 

Ask Imam your question, online
Ask a Question 

According to the Shari’ah, if a girl is a minor (did not attain puberty), she may be given in marriage by her father. When she attains puberty, she has the right to maintain the marriage or discontinue the marriage. There is no age limit to be intimate with one’s wife even if she is a minor.

It is important for you, in your situation, to consider the age difference reservation expressed by your wife.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Welcome to Ask Imam, the online Islam fatwa Question and Answer resource for Muslims Home | Ask a Question
Links | Promote Ask Imam | About

Click Here to find out more!
Click here to find out more Ahlus Sunnah Portal

Madrasah In'aamiyyah, Camperdown
Want to ask question? Click Here

AskSQL 2.0 |

advertisement: Silicon Valley Real Estate - Azizi Realtrs