NPD Issues Corrected Top 10 PC Games of 2007
World of Warcraft still tops the chart, but there's been some shuffling among the various Sims related titles. Check out the new PC chart inside...
Posted by James Brightman on Friday, January 25, 2008
Yesterday we provided you with the top 10 PC games for 2007, according to NPD data. Today, however, The NPD Group informed us that they actually made an error with their chart. Below you will find the amended Top 10 PC games.
So what's changed? The Sims 2 has jumped up to third place with many more units sold, while Call of Duty 4 drops from fourth to fifth. Also, The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Expansion Pack drops to tenth while the The Sims 2 Pets Expansion Pack is no longer in the top 10. Age of Empires III moves up from ninth to seventh and MS Flight Simulator X now makes an appearance in ninth. The problem appears to have stemmed from the exclusion of Deluxe and Gold versions on certain titles – you'll notice several more asterisks now.
Top 10 PC Games of 2007 (Corrected)
1. World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade* – Vivendi (Blizzard) – 2.25 million
2. World of Warcraft* – Vivendi (Blizzard) – 914K
3. The Sims 2* – Electronic Arts – 534K
4. The Sims 2 Seasons Expansion Pack – Electronic Arts – 433K
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare* – Activision – 383K
6. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars* – Electronic Arts – 350K
7. MS Age of Empires III* – Microsoft – 313K
8. Sim City 4* - Electronic Arts – 294K
9. MS Flight Simulator X* - Microsoft - 280K
10. The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Expansion Pack – Electronic Arts – 272K
*Includes Collector's, Deluxe, Gold or Kane Editions
Most Popular Features