Search thestar.com Search the Web
Advanced Search | Full Text Article Archive
TheStar.com | Lacrosse | Charges against Rock coach dropped
Charges against Rock coach dropped
Email Story
Report Typo
AddThis

 

Feb 06, 2008 04:30 AM

Assault charges against Toronto Rock head coach Glenn Clark have been dropped, the National Lacrosse League team announced yesterday.

Clark had been charged following an incident involving Minnesota Swarm player Sean Pollock. It occurred in the corridor outside the Rock dressing room at the Air Canada Centre after the Swarm's 17-16 overtime win on Jan. 11.

Pollock, a 25-year-old native of Wallaceburg, Ont., had been ejected for instigating a fight in the first half of the game and was in street clothes.

"Our organization is happy that this ordeal has been put behind us," Mike Kloepfer, the Rock's director of lacrosse operations, said in a statement.

Clark remains under indefinite suspension by the NLL, which announced the ban following its investigation into the incident.

"We look forward to the NLL concluding their review and expediting Glenn's return to the bench for the Toronto Rock," Kloepfer said.

Clark, 38, was a defenceman with the Rock from 1998 to 2006, helping them win five NLL championships.

He played one final season with the Philadelphia Wings before taking the head coaching job in Toronto after the 2006 campaign.

The Canadian Press

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
SPECIAL
You ask the questions and Doug Smith provides the rants. Mail's in.
The 2008 MLS schedule is going to leave Toronto FC's cupboard bare of players for long stretches this summer.
Sure, the prospect of the NFL coming to Toronto is intriguing. But Damien Cox is scratching his head about the questions nobody else ...
Blue Jays CEO Paul Godfrey said in 2003 that he would run a victory lap around the Rogers Centre, if the loonie reached par with ...