gElemental is a periodic table viewer that provides detailed information on the chemical elements. It uses the GTK+ toolkit and is available for Linux and other GTK+/GNOME platforms. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License.
Contact the maintainer with comments, bug reports, or other enquiries.
gElemental was developed and is maintained by Kevin Daughtridge. Its data are derived from the Blue Obelisk Data Repository and from Wikipedia's chemical data compilations. It was originally derived from GPeriodic, developed by Jonas Frantz and Kyle R. Burton.
- The table view allows the elements to be coloured thematically by most properties.
- The list view displays key information about the elements with any one of the additional element properties, and can be sorted by any of these.
- The element properties dialog displays a variety of information, including historical, thermodynamic, electrochemical, and crystallographic properties. (A full list of properties is available.)
- The gElemental data set is up to date and primarily derived from cited academic sources.
- gElemental supports multiple languages. (See translation status for a list.)
- The data set is available through the libelemental shared library. A Python module, pyElemental, is also available.